GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randal Peter Hopley, of Sparwood, B.C., has been charged with breaking and entering commit mischief, unlawfully in a dwelling house, and two counts of possession of stolen property under $5000. The RCMP states that additional charges may be pending as the investigation proceeds.
The accused was remanded in custody on May 17, and was scheduled to appear in Lethbridge court on May 21. On a previous occasion, two years ago, the same individual was charged in B.C. with break and enter with intent, unlawful confinement, and attempted abduction of a person under 16 years old. The result of those court proceedings are sealed under a publication ban to protect the identity of any young persons involved.

http://passherald.ca/archives/100525/index1.htm

A publication ban on the previous attempted abduction and unlawful confinement.

How did they link him with the child?

Haven't found this information yet - new media is picking up on the story about every 2-3 minutes so hopefully one of them will get the linkage out there - just can't read all of them fast enough.

He was also charged with one count of unlawful confinement and one count of abduction but these two charges were dropped due to a lack of evidence.

The charges stemmed from an incident where the main witness was a 10-year-old boy who was described as being a high-needs mentally challenged child. The boy told his foster mother Hopley had broken into the home and on two occasions, tried to push the lad out of his bedroom window.

Hopley claimed he tried to abduct the boy from foster care and transfer him to his biological parents for $2,800.

In the wake of the break-in a search warrant of Hopley’s residence revealed pictures of the boy, a suitcase of children’s clothing, some of the boy’s medication and GoodNites (underwear for children with bedwetting problems).

This guy is a wacko job:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2011/09/07/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-sparwood-boy/

Little Kienan Hebert, I hold you in my heart and thoughts on this night - please be found safe.

OMG.. with the clothes and goodnites and such i'm thinking pedophile!!!!

click

From the above link.

OMG. His mugshot gives me the chills. They need to find that poor baby quick. Please Lord, find a way. Amen.

I am praying to Katydid.

So glad they I.Ded a suspect as quickly as they did. Now hopefuly they will be able to save this little boy.

This article is from earlier this year (May 2011) When he appeared in court in Cranbrook

Quotes...

"A Sparwood man appeared in court in Cranbrook Wednesday after being held in the Kamloops Regional Correctional Facility."

"They received a call on April 27 that Hopley was suspected to be in violation of his bail ordered conditions."

http://www.bclocalnews.com/kootenay_rockies/ferniefreepress/news/122176753.html

Totally torn up about this baby! Praying.....

please, please let him be found safe

In small town BC you just don't think this can happen,unfortunately it can.Praying for this little guy to be safe and returned to his family.

Please Lord, can we have a miracle today? This little guy just tugs at my heart strings.:prayer:

Still don't know if I buy this Randall Hopley as a suspect. Police haven't suggested why this individual may be associated to this situation. If he is known to the police (which he obviously is) and happens to have a suspected history of inappropriate behavior with children (he does), and he cannot be located & therefore eliminated as a suspect - am I making any sense ?

Just because he happens to live in the area and has a history does not mean he is the only person with a motive and means. I really hope that investigators do not get a tunnel vision thing happening and inadvertently allow other scenarios to remain unexplored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn