Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
fourboys said:
Lammi said police wouldn't comment on a tip that White's abandoned vehicle was reported in the area before 6:15 a.m. -- the time her husband said White left for work.
Hmmmm......

Nopey nope nope.

Something is wrong with this picture. My daughter is an RN. Yes she has to go to work far earlier than the exact hour she has to clock in, they have to do rounds or whatever it is called when they update one another before taking over a shift.

My problems with this:
* 2 people saw the car earlier than husband reported, not 1 but TWO and they seemed sure of themselves
* Husband knows when that woman went to work, she went on a regular basis, thus his report YET the time seeing the vehicle disputed by two witnesses (was he hoping he could get away with the time, or is this for real? feels very strange to me)
* Would she have gone in earlier for some reason? Doubtful, it was morning, who purposely gets up earlier when you are already leaving 45 minutes early for a 5 mile trek and you don't have to report to work until 40 minutes after that.
* Why the heck would this girl pull off the road and into that place, seems she mighta got that this would have been a sign of danger and done anything to avoid it PLUS it appears this was not an abandoned place...we already know of 2 witnesses...did the husband not realize that there were walkers or whatever that hung out here at that time of morning?
* Was this girl known to go there and walk before work? If not...then why was she there? Because she responded to someone rough housing her on the road...she had a Ford Explorer - seems to me she could have handled that.

This sounds like a stage to me for some reason. What kinda quote is this, is it for real?

>>"Who ever has her, or if she is out there and you see me, or see this, just stay there and we will find you. I will find you."<<

It almost sounds like SP speak. Does it make sense to anyone?

FT

Mabel said:
It also seems kind of strange to me that she would leave for work at 6:15 when work is only 5 minutes away and she doesn't start until 7.

*thanks for the invite, Cass*
Edmonton is my home town, and I am quite sure that, if she was living in Castle Downs, as I read in one article, it would take longer than 5 minutes to get to work. More like 20, I would guess.

Also, my hubby leaves for work very early. If I don't have to keep track of the time for my own schedule, I can be way off in my estimate of how early or late he has actually left the house. This doesn't mean much to me, on it's own.

I think it will be more telling how exactly the hubby acts over the coming days.

Oh I PRAY this is not another Laci Peterson kind of story....

FacTink said:
Nopey nope nope.

Something is wrong with this picture. My daughter is an RN. Yes she has to go to work far earlier than the exact hour she has to clock in, they have to do rounds or whatever it is called when they update one another before taking over a shift.

My problems with this:
* 2 people saw the car earlier than husband reported, not 1 but TWO and they seemed sure of themselves
* Husband knows when that woman went to work, she went on a regular basis, thus his report YET the time seeing the vehicle disputed by two witnesses (was he hoping he could get away with the time, or is this for real? feels very strange to me)
* Would she have gone in earlier for some reason? Doubtful, it was morning, who purposely gets up earlier when you are already leaving 45 minutes early for a 5 mile trek and you don't have to report to work until 40 minutes after that.
* Why the heck would this girl pull off the road and into that place, seems she mighta got that this would have been a sign of danger and done anything to avoid it.
* Was this girl known to go there and walk before work? If not...then why was she there? Because she responded to someone rough housing her on the road...she had a Ford Explorer - seems to me she could have handled that.

This sounds like a stage to me for some reason. What kinda quote is this, is it for real?

>>"Who ever has her, or if she is out there and you see me, or see this, just stay there and we will find you. I will find you."<<

It almost sounds like SP speak. Does it make sense to anyone?

FT
"Scott-speak" included referring to Laci in the past tense. So far, this has not been the case...

FacTink said:
'just stay there' = don't you dare surface?

'I will find you' = I know where you are?

The quote...

>>Who ever has her, or if she is out there and you see me, or see this, just stay there and we will find you. I will find you."<<

Scott speak was not merely referring to Laci in the past tense. It was contorted...twisted tenses, pronouns, word usage and so on...

Look at the above...

"Who ever has her" should be followed by a beseech to bargain to return her or return her or whatever. The following...

"If she is out there and you see me" NO NO NO... That is tweaked text in my mind. This is this man's wife... "IF YOU ARE OUT THERE AND YOU SEE ME" (followed by something reasonable) or "If she is out there and you have her..." again followed by something reasonable.

I don't hear, "Honey...if you are out there and you see me now, I want you to know we are going to find and help you, don't lose hope, be careful, I love you."

Nopey nope nope, if that was a real quote...if feels really odd to me.

FT

More thinking on this one..."If she is out there..."

Well...odd... "She" is home, or "she" is known to be at work (or somewhere in particular with an expected time of return home) OR she "IS OUT THERE" dead or in someone's hands.

The "distance" in the "if she is" troubles me for some reason. BUT AGAIN, is this really a quote from him?

FT

In all fairness to the guy, he could just be rattled to the core and worried sick - not making sense, extremely stressed... I don't know if I would be able to string together a coherant sentence if my daughter/husband was missing.... so he may not be involved at all... just confused on the time she left and/or completely stressed out.

He would know Laci was found dead, he could be scared out of his wits

FT, you may very well be right. But just as with the Laci "disappearance", I just can't yet face the possibility that a young pregnant woman might have died at the hand of the man she married. So until we know more, I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt - maybe he's just upset and confused. Who would be coherent after their pregnant wife has been missing for over a day?

imo

Casshew said:
In all fairness to the guy, he could just be rattled to the core and worried sick - not making sense, extremely stressed... I don't know if I would be able to string together a coherant sentence if my daughter/husband was missing.... so he may not be involved at all... just confused on the time she left and/or completely stressed out.

He would know Laci was found dead, he could be scared out of his wits
Good point :)dance: I posted almost the same thing, lol), but just to add, remember how much people suspected the Runaway Bride's fiance? And it turned out he was not involved at all....

sandraladeda said:
Good point :)dance: I posted almost the same thing, lol), but just to add, remember how much people suspected the Runaway Bride's fiance? And it turned out he was not involved at all....
I went to a funeral on Sunday for one of our employees who died of cancer, I was so upset, felt so much stress being there, I couldn't speak to anyone - I couldn't talk for a long time after leaving the service...

Stress effects people in different ways.. he has a little toddler to worry about too. The time difference on the sighting of the vehicle is very suspicious... but we should cut the guy some slack.

I wonder if they can track her cell phone signal/towers- if she made a call, or recieved a call?

Ladies, if it were me missing and my husband fritzed, God only knows what his response would be. Certainly whacked. When he returned home to find a note on the door that said, "By the time you get this, you might already be a father" - instead of heading to the hospital, he went around the back of our apartment, found a small bathroom window (he had no key), climbed in it with his tool bags on (spilling nails everywhere, as they were in his pouch), took a shower and then eventually arrived at the hospital. Strange...but I think I have done stranger when he has had a medical emergency and I was out of my mind, certainly not thinking straight.

Nope...I don't get it. And YES we all make completely imbecilic statements. So...yes, we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt...and just because Scott did what he did does NOT mean this guy did anything but love his wife.

I must say however, that the 5:55am and 6:00am witness accounts of the car, the way things were scattered, that she was not on the road but pulled off into that place, the weirdness of the statement attributed to the guy, well...for the moment my antennae are up.

Just how much traffic does the route she take have at 6:15am to however long it would have taken her to get to work in reality?

On the other hand, what do we know? Could she have left earlier to meet with the "real father" of her baby (is that at all possible, was there someone else involved?) and the guy took the opportunity to thwack her? And whats with the phone flying...she was trying to make a call for help, someone smacked her arm to stop her and it went flying?

Too many unanswered questions at the moment. Suffice to say I am very sad, I don't like the way this looks at the moment. Wouldn't it just be so nice if this "was" a runaway type of story, but she has a toddler? Visions of going and abducting her child later? Stranger things have happened...

Ho humm....

FT

Husband appeals for wife's return

Last updated Jul 13 2005
CBC News

The husband of a pregnant woman who disappeared on her way to work made a televised plea for her safe return Wednesday.

"My wife is a good person, never hurts anybody, never would," Michael White said on CFRN. "She would never hurt a fly. She is a gentle person.

"If whoever has her, or if she is out there and you see me, just stay there and I will find you. I will find you."

In a media scrum later in the day, White thanked the police and media for helping publicize her disappearance.

"Liana, just hold on, hold tight," he said.

Liana White, who is four months pregnant, hasn't been seen since first thing Tuesday morning, when she left for work.

The 29-year-old's brown Ford Explorer was found abandoned in the parking lot of a playing field behind the Castledowns YMCA – about two kilometres from her home – with the keys inside and the door wide open.

Police say her purse, some identification and a pair of shoes were found near the SUV. More identification and her cellphone were found in an area northwest of the parking lot.

Homicide detectives are leading the investigation, but Det. Ernie Schreiber says they are treating it as a missing person's case.

"We're just being careful about how we investigate this," he said, adding Michael White is not considered a suspect.

Police, who have canvassed the area and given flyers to drivers who take the same route as White, are asking people to check their backyards for anything unusual.

Colleagues have told police it isn't like White, who has a young daughter, to not show up for work or to not call.

"It's very uncharacteristic of this lady to not show up at work," acting Insp. Jamie Ewatski said. "She hasn't called anybody, so that's why we're treating this as very suspicious."

White was last seen at 6:15 a.m., when she left for work as a clerk in the neo-natal unit of the Royal Alexandra Hospital. She was likely wearing surgical scrubs.

Police say they first received a call about the abandoned SUV at 7:27 a.m.

But Marie Olah says she first called police after seeing the vehicle in the parking lot on her way to the gym, before 6 a.m. – before White is said to have left for work.

Other media reports quote a second person who says he also saw the Explorer in the parking lot around 5:55 a.m.

A police spokeswoman said they wouldn't comment on the apparent discrepancy.

"I do know that is being investigated," Lisa Lammi said.

http://calgary.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ca-missing-husband20050713

Did she possibly wear one pair of shoes to work and carry her work shoes? The shoes being there is odd. I wish I knew if they were upright, or near together, or how they were situated. Nurses normally wear well fitted shoes, usually tied on or snug on the feet. So the shoes being there is very much out of the ordinary.

I just watched the husband being interviewed on the local news (I'm in Calgary, about 3 hours south of Edmonton, so I get the news), and I have to say that his grief seemed pretty genuine. I could not help but compare him to a relatively unemotional SP in his early interviews, and this guy was sweating, breathing heavy, seemed very overwrought, and broke down in tears at the end.

I pray for the sake of their little girl that the father is cleared of any involvement. I cannot imagine this child losing both her parents. I pray to God that the mother is found, and that there is SOME kind of explanation.

This is in our neighbourhood. We live just outside of Edmonton. I was just chatting with hubby about this at supper time. Something is up.... you see him on TV and he looked like he really had to force tears out. He'd start to "cry" and it was only after a few "gulping" sentences that the tears flowed.

My husband said at first, but if he was at home in the morning how could he have done it???

I said simple, he did it in the middle of the night.... staged it all and came home.

His words were very strange in deed.

blueclouds said:
This is in our neighbourhood. We live just outside of Edmonton. I was just chatting with hubby about this at supper time. Something is up.... you see him on TV and he looked like he really had to force tears out. He'd start to "cry" and it was only after a few "gulping" sentences that the tears flowed.

My husband said at first, but if he was at home in the morning how could he have done it???

I said simple, he did it in the middle of the night.... staged it all and came home.

His words were very strange in deed.
Hi Blue, I thought this neighborhood was very close to you, I was wondering what your thoughts were.

It's interesting how we all see things so differently, 'cuz I just thought he seemed very overwrought. I ws watching for the usual body language of a liar, like rubbing his nose. I just didn't see it.

I admit, I am likely biased, because I SO want it to NOT be the husband. If something terrible has happened to Lianna, I'd hate for her toddler to lose her daddy as well.

Praying...

Quote from post #4:

"A second citizen reported a suspicious vehicle parked at the ball diamond, which police later seized and took in for forensic identification processing."

There were TWO vehicles? Maybe the SUV the jogger saw earlier wasn't Lianna's? Just wonderin'.

WordsofWisdom said:
Liana White:

ab_white_lianna.jpg
Gee she looks a lot like Runaway bride :eek: (prettier though and no freaky eyes)
0509051inside1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member