Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello mysteriew,

The shoes are odd to me too. Many in our medical units here wear "clogs" of some sort these days (slip on/slip off) OR some type of sport shoe (an air-sole tennis shoe, tie on.) Here, our people are doing 12 hour shifts and if they are on their legs, you can bet these shoes are important.

So...it would be curious what type of shoes these were, in what position they were in and so on. I agree. I suppose that if I was having a battle with someone, I would be slinging thick soled shoes at them or up in the air hoping someone/anyone would see my plight.

And what is this second vehicle mentioned?

Dang it...where are the newspaper articles, I had hoped I wouldn't have to research these...I'm researching something else in my "real world" :)

FT

She dosent look like a 5'4 190 lb woman on that picture. her face is very narrow. I wonder if that is an old picture?

sandraladeda said:
Hi Blue, I thought this neighborhood was very close to you, I was wondering what your thoughts were.

It's interesting how we all see things so differently, 'cuz I just thought he seemed very overwrought. I ws watching for the usual body language of a liar, like rubbing his nose. I just didn't see it.

I admit, I am likely biased, because I SO want it to NOT be the husband. If something terrible has happened to Lianna, I'd hate for her toddler to lose her daddy as well.

Praying...

Maybe I'm just being biased because of all the "cases" we read here, there and everywhere. If I think about it, I thought "It's probably the husband" BEFORE I even saw him on TV. So to be fair, I'll watch the 11pm news and try to look with fresh eyes.

RE: the 190lbs.... I thought it was a regular picture but I wonder because she's pregnant, maybe she gains weight fast.

This is her hubby
160_michael_white_050713.jpg

This is her SUV found abandoned
160_suv_050713.jpg

60162-19830.jpg

It's interesting that the SUV was parked only a few blocks from the home and within walking distance from the home. It makes me think of Mark Hacking. Didn't he drive Lori's car to the park and walk back home? I agree that the reported evidence seems like staging.

Casshew said:
He looks like Mark Hacking too :eek:

I think we should also keep in mind that there is a serial killer on the loose in Edmonton and there is always the possibility that this person has graduated from prostitutes to other types of victims. I seem to recall that one of the serial killer victims was not a prostitute. Also, the morning Liana went missing another girl was brutally raped and beaten in Banff, a 4-5 hour drive away. It just seems a little coincidental that something happened to two women in less than 24 hours when reports of things like this are so rare.

As for the route that Liana took to work, I got the impression that she was following her normal route. Another possibility is that someone flashed lights at to try to tell her that something was wrong with her vehicle and she pulled over.

I saw the husband on the news and was a little confused when he said that if she sees the report to stay put, that someone will find her. Maybe he is really stressed and not making much sense. I thought the tears were genuine.

nightowl said:
It's interesting that the SUV was parked only a few blocks from the home and within walking distance from the home. It makes me think of Mark Hacking. Didn't he drive Lori's car to the park and walk back home? I agree that the reported evidence seems like staging.

Funny you mention Mark Hacking, cuz when I saw this guy's picture, that who he reminded me of, and her, she reminds me of the run away bride. I have not yet seen him live on t.v. , so I can not comment on how genuine he is. Still with holding an opinion until more comes out.

otto said:
I think we should also keep in mind that there is a serial killer on the loose in Edmonton and there is always the possibility that this person has graduated from prostitutes to other types of victims. I seem to recall that one of the serial killer victims was not a prostitute. Also, the morning Liana went missing another girl was brutally raped and beaten in Banff, a 4-5 hour drive away. It just seems a little coincidental that something happened to two women in less than 24 hours when reports of things like this are so rare.

As for the route that Liana took to work, I got the impression that she was following her normal route. Another possibility is that someone flashed lights at to try to tell her that something was wrong with her vehicle and she pulled over.

I saw the husband on the news and was a little confused when he said that if she sees the report to stay put, that someone will find her. Maybe he is really stressed and not making much sense. I thought the tears were genuine.

Or, maybe someone was hiding in her car? I always check that, but those SUV's are so big, it is hard to see in the back unless you climb in and hard to see thru the window cuz most of the time the back ones are tinted.

lostfaith said:
Or, maybe someone was hiding in her car? I always check that, but those SUV's are so big, it is hard to see in the back unless you climb in and hard to see thru the window cuz most of the time the back ones are tinted.

Here's a link to the murders in Edmonton: http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/edmonton_murders/

This guy gets around alot and seems to be pretty comfortable in rural areas and he's due to strike again.

lostfaith said:

Ever since reading the BTK murders, I do this also. I will sometimes keep the interior light on. I am a big chicken now. :chicken:

blueclouds said:
This is in our neighbourhood. We live just outside of Edmonton. I was just chatting with hubby about this at supper time. Something is up.... you see him on TV and he looked like he really had to force tears out. He'd start to "cry" and it was only after a few "gulping" sentences that the tears flowed.

My husband said at first, but if he was at home in the morning how could he have done it???

I said simple, he did it in the middle of the night.... staged it all and came home.

His words were very strange in deed.
......i'm also south of edmonton..

...i saw him on the news, and ( yes, like a poster noted, i immediatly make the 'mark hacking connection ' in looks...)

...my initial impression of the guy was that he didn't look genuine at all.......almost like he trying too hard to LOOK grief stricken..it just didn't ring true to me...

...i also have a couple of freinds who work in hospitals.........they tell me that they leave their work shoes there in their locker.......of course i'm not saying that everyone does.........

....hope i'm wrong about the guy, but he gives off bad vibes...

otto said:

QUOTE]
Funny you should mention this. I remember back at Christmas 1985 or 1986 maybe, in the San Diego area, a young lady went missing, and was eventually found murdered just off of a main freeway. Her family swore she was very safety conscious and could not fathom a reason she would stop her car and put herself at risk. I remember being very puzzled by this case. Eventually, a police officer was arrested for her murder. He had indicated to her to pull over at a deserted freeway exit, sort of a dead end exit, if I recall correctly. Who says no to a cop?

No, I'm not suggesting a cop pulled Lianna White over, but it is possible that she was given a reason to stop, possibly by someone she knew?

sandraladeda said:
otto said:

QUOTE]
Funny you should mention this. I remember back at Christmas 1985 or 1986 maybe, in the San Diego area, a young lady went missing, and was eventually found murdered just off of a main freeway. Her family swore she was very safety conscious and could not fathom a reason she would stop her car and put herself at risk. I remember being very puzzled by this case. Eventually, a police officer was arrested for her murder. He had indicated to her to pull over at a deserted freeway exit, sort of a dead end exit, if I recall correctly. Who says no to a cop?

No, I'm not suggesting a cop pulled Lianna White over, but it is possible that she was given a reason to stop, possibly by someone she knew?

There was just in my area a situation where someone was pulling over young girls in our area. They were not police, but they had a red flashing light in their vehicle and a speaker. Thankfully the young girls both got suspisious (sp) and pulled away before the person approached the car. The "officer" never chased them. So there was a write up in the paper and the police were warning people telling them that ALL cop cars, even unmarked, has both Red AND blue lights. They also said that if you do not feel safe pulling over in a certain area that you should put on your flasher, slow down, and proceed to a well lit area with people around, then tell the officer you did not feel safe in the original area he tried to pull you over in. They will not ticket you.

Casshew said:
That's a lot of dead women.... :eek: the article states the police have nothing to link them to the same killer, why is their no DNA or other evidence?

I think a few of the victims were burned. Also, since the bodies were sometimes found weeks later in isolated rural areas, weather and decomposition destroyed pretty much all evidence.

Husband to missing wife
'hold tight': Pregnant mother of one:
Michael White says thank you for 'looking for Liana'

Florence Loyie
CanWest News Service
Thursday, July 14, 2005

EDMONTON - She is four months pregnant with a second child, a woman said to be quiet, friendly and always ready with a bright smile. And she has been missing -- without a trace -- for more than two days.

As an Edmonton police helicopter circled over her suburban neighbourhood yesterday, an emotional Mike White stepped from his home to thank those involved in the search for his missing wife, 29-year-old Liana White.

"Liana, hold tight," Mr. White said, fighting to maintain his composure as he stepped before television cameras.

Police are treating the disappearance as suspicious because she has never gone missing before and has never before failed to show up for work without calling.

Ms. White's first child, Ashley, is still just a toddler.

Neighbours on the winding suburban crescent where Ms. White and her husband have lived for four years are in shock.

"This is so scary. It is hard to even imagine what happened. For her to disappear like this is just so out of character," said neighbour Barb Jama, tears welling in her eyes.

As two homicide detectives looked on, Mr. White, an ex-military man and heavy duty mechanic, said he wanted to thank those involved in the massive search for his pregnant wife, who went missing on Tuesday morning about 10 blocks from her home.

"Thanks to everyone involved in looking. Thank you. Thanks for the media and their support and for making it known who she is. And to all the officers and detectives on the case, thank you. That is all I have to say at this time," Mr. White said before walking back to his home, his head down, his shoulders slumped.

Edmonton police Detective Brian Robertson placed his hand on Mr. White's shoulder to comfort him as they walked up the front steps.

Police have noted before how "very distraught" Mr. White was when he learned Ms. White's movements could not be accounted for.

The couple lives on the kind of street that shuts down for summer block parties, a place where neighbours chat at the end of the driveway -- the perfect place to raise a family.

Now the neighbourhood is being treated as a possible crime scene, with police canine units scrambling over parks and an Edmonton police helicopter hovering overhead.

Police said they are using all available resources as the search for Ms. White entered its second day. They are asking for the public's continued assistance in finding the woman.

Homicide, robbery, traffic and forensic units were brought in to help with the search.

Plainclothes surveillance units were taken off regular duty to canvass the neighbourhood. Civilian volunteers flagged down rush-hour traffic and handed out flyers with the young mother's photo, and civilian search-and-rescue teams combed the area.

Investigators checked with family, local hospitals and emergency medical services, to no avail.

"Residents are urged to check their backyards to see if there is anything unusual or out of place," said Lisa Lammi, of Edmonton police.

"Officers will also continue their door-to-door interviews asking for any information that can bring them closer to finding Liana White."

Ms. White was last seen by her husband on Tuesday at 6:15 a.m., when she left for the Royal Alexandra Hospital, where she works as a clerk in the neo-natal intensive care unit.

Ms. White's 1991 Ford Explorer was later discovered in a baseball diamond parking lot after police received a call about an abandoned vehicle on Tuesday.

The driver's door was wide open and Ms. White's purse and keys remained inside. Her wallet was missing and her identification and shoes were scattered around the parking lot. More identification was found in the northwest corner of the ballpark and her cellphone was found switched off in the grass about 15 metres from the SUV.

There were no signs of a struggle, no drag marks and no blood.

Police have received a number of tips since Ms. White's disappearance, some from passersby who say they saw the SUV abandoned in the parking as early as 5 a.m.

Others reported seeing a suspicious vehicle parked at the nearby ball diamond; police later seized the vehicle, taking it in for forensic identification processing.

Detective Ernie Schreiber said investigators are concentrating their efforts on finding Ms. White, and refused to say whether her husband is being considered a suspect in the disappearance.

On Tuesday night, the ex-military man was with police.

Ms. White is described as 5- feet-4 and about 190 pounds. She has a fair complexion, brown eyes and brown hair that falls halfway down her back. She is likely wearing green medical scrubs.

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=3e242b87-54e1-4d4c-bd6e-23e35dde4d8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname