Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
(BBM)

I was not talking about civilian sources, but LE, as stated in my post. It's very hard for me to believe that any member of LE would anonymously divulge such sensitive information to a reporter as the accused making a full confession. It goes without saying that putting such info out into the public could be damaging to any forthcoming trial and no member of LE would take that risk, nor the risk to his/her own career.

Surely you can't be implying that everything we read in the media is corroborated and correct? Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. All I meant is exactly what I wrote - that I would be more likely to believe such claims if LE divulged this information at a press conference or if an official were named as the source. But until an LE source is eventually named, I don't think I can be blamed for being a bit skeptical.

As for "journalistic integrity" - no comment. ;)

All of this is JMO.

LE said RW was paid a "visit" that Sunday, then he was arrested. Hours later Jessica's body was located. Even a 5 year old could come to the conclusion that RW told LE were to find, no?
From the O.P.P. site
News Release
February 10 2010
Update - Lloyd and Comeau murders
"We have committed significant resources to this multi-jurisdictional
investigation and want to remind everyone that we will be unable to discuss
evidentiary or investigative matters to ensure the integrity of this complex
investigation and the ensuing court process," stated OPP Deputy Commissioner
Vince Hawkes.
If anyone has information, they are asked to call the OPP at
1-888-310-1112 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
respectfully snipped by me = http://www.opp.ca/ecms/index.php?id=405&nid=159

The newspaper articles that worry me are the ones from Thursday, February 4th, 2010.
We now know that RW was stopped at the roadside stop, on that evening, on his way home (Tweed). There was also mention of this on a Globe and Mail article on Friday 5th. Unfortunately the link does no longer work, but I do remember it because I was about to post and bold that last paragraph here on the WS site, but decided not to, in case LE were right in their assumptions, and I didn't want to contribute to alerting the perp., in the event "he" was following our thread, and not checking all the newspapers.

OPP Investigating Connections in Jessica Lloyd Case

Posted on Thursday, February 4th, 2010

The O-P-P are considering the possibility the disappearance of Jessica LLoyd of Belleville could be connected to crimes involving women in the Quinte area.

Sergeant Kristine Rae says they include the unsolved murder in late November of Marie France Comeau of Brighton, and assaults on two women by someone who broke into their homes in Tweed last September.

She says there is no evidence yet there is a connection, but the O-P-P want to gather as much information as they can to help the Belleville Police investigation
. Lloyd hasn’t been heard from since she sent a text message out last Thursday evening.

Napanee Ontario = http://www.napaneeontario.ca/home/Articles/Community/-opp-investigating-connections-in-jessica-lloyd-case-a1298.html

Mix 97 http://www.mix97.com/news/2010/02/opp-investigating-connections-in-jessica-lloyd-case/

The Globe&Mail = http://www.theglobeandmail.com/subscribe.jsp?art=1457129 This article was dated Friday, February 5, 2010
Link no longer works, but we can still Google the following sentence, and verify that article DID exist:
In September, two women were attacked in Tweed, about 40 kilometres northeast of Belleville. The victims were hit, tied to chairs and photographed by their attacker

Then on the Saturday, RW could have also noticed he was being watched by police with binoculars from the other side of the lake.

My point is there were 3 events that could have warned off RW; hopefully he was feeling so confident and cocky that nobody will suspect him.

LE said RW was paid a "visit" that Sunday, then he was arrested. Hours later Jessica's body was located. Even a 5 year old could come to the conclusion that RW told LE were to find, no?
From the O.P.P. site
News Release
February 10 2010
Update - Lloyd and Comeau murders

respectfully snipped by me = http://www.opp.ca/ecms/index.php?id=405&nid=159

Exactly! Rather than rely on media reports citing unnamed sources, what is more convincing of the probability of a confession are (a) the "coincidence" of finding the remains a mere hours after RW's arrest, and (b) the rare occurrence of him being simultaneously charged with not just Jessica's murder, but three other major crimes.

What's significant, IMO, is that RW only came under suspicion on late Thursday and was questioned on Sunday, whereupon he was immediately charged with four crimes. How likely is it that LE was able to gather enough evidence in less than three days to link him so quickly to not one, but four separate felonies? Evidence linking him to Jessica's murder alone would have been sufficient to warrant an arrest. This is pretty unusual and, to me, indicates a compelling argument for confession.

JMO

EDIT: Wanted to add that this arrest came before LE found a body or searched either of RW's homes, and presumably long before they would have been able to make any DNA matches.

Exactly! Rather than rely on media reports citing unnamed sources, what is more convincing of the probability of a confession are (a) the "coincidence" of finding the remains a mere hours after RW's arrest, and (b) the rare occurrence of him being simultaneously charged with not just Jessica's murder, but three other major crimes.

What's significant, IMO, is that RW only came under suspicion on late Thursday and was questioned on Sunday, whereupon he was immediately charged with four crimes. How likely is it that LE was able to gather enough evidence in less than three days to link him so quickly to not one, but four separate felonies? Evidence linking him to Jessica's murder alone would have been sufficient to warrant an arrest. This is pretty unusual and, to me, indicates a compelling argument for confession.

JMO

I concur. And let us not forget that the police really don't want to come off as being bumble@#$%'s, so that had to be pretty damn sure they had their man- especially THAT man, it could not have been an easy jump from point A to point B in this case.

I concur. And let us not forget that the police really don't want to come off as being bumble@#$%'s, so that had to be pretty damn sure they had their man- especially THAT man, it could not have been an easy jump from point A to point B in this case.

(BBM)

I thought of that, too, and totally agree. This man is not your run-of-the-mill junkie or even "average Joe", to whom they could later say, "Oops, we got the wrong guy". I think they had to be utterly convinced of his guilt before laying four separate charges against him.

JMO

I noted a few posters here were discussing DNA and the obtaining and use of it in criminal proceedings.

I would like to point out that items that are disposed of (and are therefore not deemed as 'property' of the individual) are collected by LE and private investigators as they see fit. Once a person has discarded something - they hold no ownership to it.
One of the posters mentioned a Cdn criminal case whereby a 'person of interest' was followed by LE - and that individual had discarded a cigarette butt, which LE then obtained, acquired the DNA profile of - and used against that individual in his subsequent arrest, committal to trial and eventual guilt. This is perfectly legal.

I provide a link which outlines in part a case wherein curbside garbage was sifted through and where evidence was found and used against the accused.

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...rows+cigarette+away?&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

This practice (of obtaining DNA-laden items and other evidence) of ''warrant-less" search and seizure is often used by LE and private investigators. No Warrant required!!

We're often told to ensure our personal information (with addresses, bank info etc) should be shredded before being thrown out - but all too often people forget about other types of discarded items (much to the delight of LE!) and believe that no one is watching their treasure-trove-of-garbage output. Well, if you're in a "bad" line of work - you should re-think that strategy!

Here's an excerpt from that link:

The Court unanimously agreed that it had not.

The central issue in the case was whether Patrick, by placing his garbage bags outside to be picked up by municipal garbage collection, had abandoned any interest in those bags.

Thus, the case was was essentially resolved as a property law question.

The majority cited R. v. Dyment, [1988] 2 S.C.R. 417 for the proposition that abandonment of an item automatically disposes of one’s privacy interest in that item:

In R. v. Dyment, [1988] 2 S.C.R. 417, La Forest J. treated abandonment as fatal to a reasonable expectation of privacy. He held that when an accused abandons something, it is “best to put it in Charter terms by saying that he [has] ceased to have a reasonable expectation of privacy with regard to it.”

The links provided in earlier posts were regarding the lawful extraction of bodily fluids/hair samples that were for the purposes of those charged and subsequently convicted of a crime and thereby requiring them by Court Order to provide said sample(s) for the national DNA bank. In the case of someone that has been charged only, but not convicted or having had plead guilty - then that would require consent on behalf of the individual in order for LE to obtain the sample. (Joe Crook: I don't want to provide a sample..... LE: No problem, buddy - you have the right to refuse to provide the sample .... would you like a can of Coke or have a smoke while we finish up on the paperwork???) :doh:

In other words, LE might hold off on laying charges until they have the DNA sample they need, be it from a fake chewing gum sample booth or evidence taken from garbage, once it has been picked up by the garbage collector and removed from the suspect's property. Neither requires a search warrant. Both have stood up in court.

In the meantime, LE would keep such suspects under surveillance for obvious reasons, and also in the event that a discarded item might be picked up from the street, or a cafeteria tray, thus lessening the risk of a court challenge over the legality of DNA sampling.

It may well be that information/discussion on Russell Williams is being censored in Canada or it may well be that the Canadian media are lazy...I find it incredible that over a month has nearly passed and apart from the same 3-4 articles on the subject that were mulched over and over and over again there has been NO NEWS! How about some investigative reporting up here! Anyone willing to get their azzez off of their chairs?

RW apparently gave a confession to LE on that Sunday (as I heard from family) and they also were told of Jessica's demise that Sunday. Her body was then discovered in the daylight hours of Monday.

RW apparently gave a confession to LE on that Sunday (as I heard from family) and they also were told of Jessica's demise that Sunday. Her body was then discovered in the daylight hours of Monday.

That makes sense according to what I know- although.....The CFB Trenton Helicopter was over the Tweed region on Sunday evening between 9 pm and 10 pm- perhaps doing a sweep of the area (?JMO) and the OPP were parked on Cosy Cove in front of RW's house that evening, and happened to scare off a drunk driver that lived on the same road. While travelling down Carey Road he ditched his vehicle a short distance from the body. It remains unclear to me whether the crime scene was staked out at the time. Of course this has not been reported, so feel free to tuck it away as just my opinion:)

The Facebook group also closed all comments and discussions down around 9 pm the Sunday evening, and while it is jumping with "feelings" instead of facts it had a very different air surrounding it. Then there was the strange meetings with the police on my street around that time.

This is just my opinion but I believe that Williams would have confessed to killing Jessica only if her body was discovered first.

This is just my opinion but I believe that Williams would have confessed to killing Jessica only if her body was discovered first.

I thought of this as well and you would think that someone of any intelligence would not incriminate themselves before they were convinced that there was indisputable evidence against them. But....Only my opinion as well.....when you look at the time line of when RW was questioned.....when the facebook account shut down.......when the family was told (Sunday night)......and when the body was recovered (early Monday morning). It leads one to consider that since the body was in a remote location, that someone had told LE where to look.....and I would think the only person who would know that would be the person who put it there.
However, here is a different angle I have considered. A psychologist is interviewing RW. If RW was trying to frame the neighbour as news articles have indicated. A part of the interrogation could have been a comment by RW for example....."why don't you look out near so-in-so's hunting camp!....maybe he picked her up and took her there" (this example is purely hypothetical just to explain my angle) During this interrogation LE are searching for any tidbit of information they can get as to the where-abouts of the body. Without being any type of confession, a statement such as this could have led them to the body.
This scenario is just an opinion formed from my overactive imagination. I lay awake at night thinking about this horrible tragedy.

By the fourth of February they were announcing on local radio and in the paper that LE believed all cases were linked. I think if presented the proper way in a police interview he would have known he was sunk and may as well cooperate. But that is only one of many many theories I have floating around up there.

I wish that I could find some documentation on the DUI they picked up that night, because it sure would help with a time line. Still looking, but I doubt that they would print it due to the nature of what has happened. They would look a little bumbley if the news said they stumbled upon the body.

JMO

Could he be leading them to other crime scenes?

@pjgrrrl - yes - I have often thought that his eyes were 'off' and in some photos "san paku" comes to mind.

snipped from link: http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...ctogenarian+san+paku&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca
“San” in Japanese means three and “Paku” means white. Therefore, the term means three sides of white showing in ones eyes. Normally we see two sides of white showing in each eye when we look directly into ones eyes. But when you look into a person’s eyes and also see white at the bottom, as well as on either side, it means something called San Paku.

Years ago it was called bedroom eyes. For me I always had an uncomfortable feeling around anyone with that condition and did not know why until I read books explaining the condition and learned that there was a name for it.

It means that individual has a problem. They are out of sync. It could be caused by structural misalignment. One might have some kind of cranial-sacrum, jamming. One might have some mental or emotional dysfunction. It means that person is not operating normally, not functioning and firing on all cylinders, so to speak. It could be some physical structural misalignment of mental or emotional malfunction. It can be corrected when recognized. It is frequently some impingement in the nervous system, caused by structural misalignment in the spine area. Sometimes it can be caused from an accident, a fall, or some physical injury.

A manifestation of the condition is in slowed reflexes. They do not have the same quick reflex action that a person without the condition has. They may not think as well or as logically as one without the condition.

As I understand it, when a person is dying, his eyes may roll upwards. Seeing the picture of the shooter on TV, his eyes were extremely rolled upwards and three sides of white in his eyes were quite visible and noticeable.

Sometimes a person may have the condition in only one eye"

There really isn't a lot of weight attached to the condition of sanpaku, but I did notice it in a few photos that I've seen of RW - where he is looking straight-ahead - and that one eye is upward and different for sure.

Does "san paku" look like this:

karla_homolka_5.jpg

Last Thursday, police set up the equivalent of a RIDE-program spot check, hoping to match the distinctive tire tracks to a vehicle. Col. Williams was pulled over, and his tires matched with the sample from the crime scene. The discovery prompted police to obtain search warrants to investigate Col. Williams’ two homes in Ottawa and Tweed.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/02/09/round-up-col-russ-williams/

I was wondering if anyone knows if Williams was given a breathalizer test during the spot-check? This test could have been used to gather his DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500