GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like different perspectives; the more the better. That's the way we broaden our scope. learn and grow. I'm glad individuality is well and strong!

How much is true? How much is slanted? How much is hype? Who knows? We'll see what plays out.

there will be a parade of pyschologists, psychiatrists, memebers of law enforcement lining up to interview him,

he is a most unusual serial offender as it appears that he was able to control his fantasies for decades, and he only acte on them in his late forties,

I think it is imperative that his wife speaks to law enforcement and others to try to aid in there knowledge of how serial killers function, she knows if he revealed any of his sexual fantasies to her, an if he acted any of his fantasies out, I hope she will o so if she is allowe to speak to them in confidence,

when I saw the picture tonight of RW & MEH standing in the driveway of their Orlean's home, if I hadn't known the difference I would have thought, Mother & son...I wonder if he called her "Mommy"...
LOL, and it looks like an outdated picture, his t-shirt says 2006 I believe.

In his 'letter' to her, he calls her "Ponge" when I googled images, besides the French poet, also a pic of a 'sponge' comes up :sponge:

I betting that RW will comply with all of the shrinks to find out why he acted upon his urges like he did at the age of 40 and beyond. Why did it progress to assaults, rapes and murders? What snapped in his brain?

I also believe that he is perfectly sane and also wonders why he did what he did. He has nothing to lose by assisting, and everything to gain.

There was just no way for DND to be able to predict that this man was capable of doing such heinous things - and there never will be. It makes me sad when I hear people try to pin the blame on not catching this earlier in the military.

I've been in the Air Force for almost 20 years, and for the first time, I'm ashamed to wear my uniform in public. I hate him. :(

Just watched it. Very good and detailed program. I saw an image that included rope, handcuffs, a dildo and what look like a whip (cat o' nine tails). Were these items he stole or did he use them on the victims. I didn't catch the context of that image. TIA.

American expert stated that the videoed confession with Det. Jim Smyth should be used as education around the world for how to properly interview crime suspects.
I watched it too, and also noticed that image you mentioned. That also jumped at me, which was shown for a split of a second. In this episode, we can see a bit more of RW's eyes while been interviewed

The Fifth Estate is already available online

Here is the link; hopefully the Fifth Estate has now made their episodes available to our friends south of the boarder.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2010-2011/theconfession/

ETA: just saw that image again there is a whip, handcuffs, small Reitmans plastic bag, a small blue flashlight, and some other :sick: stuff

From the Toronto Star article posted by Wondergirl written by Joe Warmington

Cpl. Comeau may not have been a “shining, rising star” as the homicidal, still-on-staff and pension-eligible Williams once was, but you’d think somebody she worked with at CFB Trenton could have travelled 10 minutes down the road Tuesday to come and hear what did happen to her at the hands of the man who was running the base and her commanding officer.

She was, after all, one of your own.

Can we get COL. removed from the title of this thread.

I have thought about this everytime I opened a new thread on this case. Let's vote on it. If you want the title Col. removed - thank this post. If you think it is important that we remember even those we perceive to be 'above' suspicion can commit horrible crimes - don't thank the post.

Does that sound like a plan?

I'll count our steady posters to see how many thanks we have to get to change the title.

Salem

ETA: It looks like we have about 15 reg. posters on just this thread. If we get 8 thanks, I'll take Col out of the title.

Cpl. Comeau may not have been a “shining, rising star” as the homicidal, still-on-staff and pension-eligible Williams once was, but you’d think somebody she worked with at CFB Trenton could have travelled 10 minutes down the road Tuesday to come and hear what did happen to her at the hands of the man who was running the base and her commanding officer.

they would not have been able to attend in uniform (I think) but one would think the base would have sent someone down to represent her..her own OC/CO maybe.. but as normal the military closed ranks........I know she was included but it did seem to be more about Jessica Lloyd (as it should have been)

When it is quoted by "a source", I take that as a rumour! After all the journalist says "If this did happen" within his own story!!!
Possibly it is true, but overwritten with dramatics, as most journalists do this to grab our attention, and anything with RW's name grabs our attention. VIP Welcome...did they have balloons, a band???? With the warden being new to the position and with the Jailbird coming from a high position in society, perhaps the Warden was on hand to oversee the "checking in" process completed by his staff, to make sure all the t's were crossed and i's were dotted, to make sure that RW could not turn around and say he was mistreated etc. as this was an extremly HIGH profile case. If you were a guard at the KP, wouldn't you want to mistreat RW and give him what he deserves!!! If I were in the wardens shoes and new to the position, I would have done the same.

As for the "outside psychologist", Im sure there will be lots of those in RW's future. Everyone will want to get inside his head and figure out his double life and how he hid it.

This is all JMO!

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/joe_warmington/2010/10/22/15798236.html

ITA with everything you wrote, FF. It has also occurred to me that the warden, being human, would want to meet this notorious criminal who has grabbed headlines all over the world and will be going down in history. There is nothing to indicate, even in this biased article, that "special treatment" was involved.

All of The Sun papers in Canada are tabloids, a mere rung above The National Enquirer.

The Toronto Sun is an English-language daily tabloid newspaper published in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is known for its daily "Sunshine Girl" feature and for what it sees as a populist conservative editorial stance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Sun

TABLOID

" ... a newspaper that tends to sensationalize and emphasize or exaggerate sensational crime stories, gossip columns repeating scandalous and innuendos about the deeply personal lives of celebrities and sports stars ... "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabloid

JMO

Personal note of interest: I'm in regular contact with a friend who lives in a small town in Texas. This week I wrote to her about this case. She replied that the story, replete with several pictures of RW in women's underwear, was all over the papers down there.

I think his rank should be removed from the title, he is no longer a member of the military,

I read one article that sadi at one point during his incarceration he would only answer to his name, rank and number as if he was a prisoner of war, well now he will only answer to his prison number

I have thought about this everytime I opened a new thread on this case. Let's vote on it. If you want the title Col. removed - thank this post. If you think it is important that we remember even those we perceive to be 'above' suspicion can commit horrible crimes - don't thank the post.

Does that sound like a plan?

I'll count our steady posters to see how many thanks we have to get to change the title.

Salem

ETA: It looks like we have about 15 reg. posters on just this thread. If we get 8 thanks, I'll take Col out of the title.

I think it's important to leave the "Colonel" in place, because he was a "Colonel" when he committed these crimes. We can't rewrite history. I'm not just thinking of all the people all over the world who may do internet searches (maybe even those who wonder whether he committed crimes in their countries). No, I'm thinking that if you strip him of his title retroactively, it isn't correct or fair. And I will not be able to call him "Colonel Mustard" any more...

I betting that RW will comply with all of the shrinks to find out why he acted upon his urges like he did at the age of 40 and beyond. Why did it progress to assaults, rapes and murders? What snapped in his brain?

I also believe that he is perfectly sane and also wonders why he did what he did. He has nothing to lose by assisting, and everything to gain.

There was just no way for DND to be able to predict that this man was capable of doing such heinous things - and there never will be. It makes me sad when I hear people try to pin the blame on not catching this earlier in the military.

I've been in the Air Force for almost 20 years, and for the first time, I'm ashamed to wear my uniform in public. I hate him. :(

BBM: I don't know if RW really wonders why he did what he did. I don't think he gives a rats azz about anything except the fact that he will no longer have access to his trophies to view and more victims.

A military man who was a friend of RW's for years was interviewed on The National, and he said his daughter told him he "looked just like RW in his uniform", and that upset him.

I am very sorry you feel that way about your uniform, and I don't blame you for hating him, I do too.

Dont' forget, that just because the media didn't report on her friends not being there, doesn't mean they were not. Her ex-boyfriend Alain Plante gave a wonderful, positive, loving tribute of Marie France, on the 1st Fifth Estate show. They didn't air everything, but the extended clip is on the website. Her friend was interviewed on The National or CBC Connects, and she was clearly distraught and upset discussing her good friend.

I read that her family was very private in their grieving process, and I respect that.

I still wished that there had been some visible support for Marie France at the trial.

She certainly had it here at WS.

I hope there is a way to investigate RW's past computers/electronic devices/cameras, including those he used on Base. It wouldn't suprise me if he ends up disclosing the location of other evidence, for other crimes, once all the attention has died down.

I am interested in learning more about the "deeply nested coded computer files" that LE couldn't figure out how to get to, and needed RW to show them.

I am not sure if he would have been so bold to use the military computers, but absolutely anything is possible, IMO.

Just because there were no uniforms present, does not mean no one was there.

There were PLENTY of military folks there every single day.

Canadian Forces won’t change access to staff records despite Williams case

Michel Drapeau, a retired colonel, military lawyer and expert in privacy issues says he wants an independent investigation into Mr. Williams' military records and an external review of the process the military uses to select future leaders.

“To say there's nothing we can do, I don't accept that,” said Mr. Drapeau.

He said Lt.-Gen. Deschamps was essentially telling Canadians “trust me,” and that the military has examined the selection and promotions system and that nothing needs to be done.

“Well, trust is a two-way street. If you want to get my trust and take you at your word, then show me something,” Mr. Drapeau said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...records-despite-williams-case/article1770381/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb