GUILTY Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

I have not heard anything about something being connected to the disappearance of Shannon Burgess. If there's something out there and it's been missed, please post a link. Thx

Shannon is still missing. She was last seen in her own home with her estranged husband. He alleges that she left their home at about 12:30 AM without her cell phone or transportation. He alleges that he knows nothing, and did not think anything about the fact that her phone was at their home, unanswered for days after she was last seen. He does not appear to be a grieving husband.

In fact, on the day that her family contacted him at work about her whereabouts, he refused to answer until he returned from work to their joint home. From their home, he said that she was not there, her phone was there, and he knew nothing.

That's that. She went home after her audition in Edmonton. He confirms that she arrived home, and claims that she went out again at 12:30, or he left at 12:30AM, either way she has not been seen since that time of 12:30AM on the day the she drove home from Edmonton to Calgary (after the successful audition).

She is dead. Who did it?

I have not heard anything about something being connected to the disappearance of Shannon Burgess. If there's something out there and it's been missed, please post a link. Thx

Shannon is still missing. She was last seen in her own home with her estranged husband. He alleges that she left their home at about 12:30 AM without her cell phone or transportation. He alleges that he knows nothing, and did not think anything about the fact that her phone was at their home, unanswered for days after she was last seen. He does not appear to be a grieving husband.

In fact, on the day that her family contacted him at work about her whereabouts, he refused to answer until he returned from work to their joint home. From their home, he said that she was not there, her phone was there, and he knew nothing.

That's that. She went home after her audition in Edmonton. He confirms that she arrived home, and claims that she went out again at 12:30, or he left at 12:30AM, either way she has not been seen since that time of 12:30AM on the day the she drove home from Edmonton to Calgary (after the successful audition).

She is dead. Who did it?
90% of that is either false or a supposition.

Does the husband know what she was wearing? I thought he saw her prior to her departure to Edmonton, and after her return to Calgary from Edmonton he saw her at 12:30AM and then he never saw her again, even though her phone was left at home - where he lived - and he thought nothing of her unanswered phone, and the fact that she is missing.

I think he cleverly dragged her out through their back yard into the nearby field/park, he put her in his car, and she's somewhere in the countryside near the Liknes people. I think she thought that she could live half free with him, and that led to a conflict.

In his mind, she's probably still wearing the green and red team wedding gown from the medieval dress up game.

Seriously, if he's claiming that he saw her days before she disappeared, he has no idea what she was wearing on the night that he last saw her at 12:30AM, especially if he the home left first and then he came home to realize that she was missing, and there was her phone ringing, and he did nothing. When her family phoned him at work, he said he'd call back from home. Then he said ... yah, her phone was ringing, but he wasn't worried, not even when they phoned him at work frantic about her whereabouts ... he was perfectly unconcerned about her unattended cell phone ... eh.

He alleges that she left their home at about 12:30 AM without her cell phone or transportation.

False. That has been reported nowhere.

He alleges that he knows nothing, and did not think anything about the fact that her phone was at their home, unanswered for days after she was last seen.

Supposition. Have you spoken to him? Were you there for the interview with LE?

He does not appear to be a grieving husband.

Supposition. Based on what?

In fact, on the day that her family contacted him at work about her whereabouts, he refused to answer until he returned from work to their joint home.

False. We went over that at length.

He confirms that she arrived home, and claims that she went out again at 12:30, or he left at 12:30AM, either way she has not been seen since that time of 12:30AM on the day the she drove home from Edmonton to Calgary (after the successful audition).

False. She could have slept in the next day, and he could have left to work in the morning.

She is dead. Who did it?

Supposition. Got proof?

<modsnip>

Sorry, I lurk a lot and don't always contribute much, but I've always kept up on Shannon's threads.

Perhaps this is a bit crass, but the articles all state that a passerby saw a body in the river... how long can a body be in a river and still turn up looking like a body in a river, kwim? Would that help narrow down whether we think this could be Shannon or not (depending on whether or not you believe she was deceased close to when she disappeared or not, I guess)? I don't know much about decomp in that type of situation.

Sorry, I lurk a lot and don't always contribute much, but I've always kept up on Shannon's threads.

Perhaps this is a bit crass, but the articles all state that a passerby saw a body in the river... how long can a body be in a river and still turn up looking like a body in a river, kwim? Would that help narrow down whether we think this could be Shannon or not (depending on whether or not you believe she was deceased close to when she disappeared or not, I guess.) I don't know much about decomp in that type of situation.
It's not only about the decomposition, but the Bow River runs through a city. How long would a body in that river go without being discovered? Every article I have read so far regarding a body in the river the death is a day old or less.

Was there *another* body found in the river?

A body was found in the Bow River in Calgary after rescue workers received a tip.

Shannon has not been found floating down the river, although that would be a good murder tactic in a year where the river freezes. The river didn't freeze this year, so bodies in the river are not emerging from the frozen ice, they're new.

Shannon may have been tossed in the river, but no old, decayed bodies were found in the river between the time that she was missing and today. If she was tossed in the river, the absence of ice would have revealed her body long ago.

Perhaps this is a bit crass, but the articles all state that a passerby saw a body in the river... how long can a body be in a river and still turn up looking like a body in a river, kwim? Would that help narrow down whether we think this could be Shannon or not (depending on whether or not you believe she was deceased close to when she disappeared or not, I guess)? I don't know much about decomp in that type of situation.

There is no way that the body found in the river belongs to Shannon. If the body belonged to Shannon, she would be downstream - not in the centre of the city - and she would be severely decomposed. The body found recently was reported, not reported as decomposed, and there's absolutely no reason to believe that this no-homicide body is in any way related to Shannon. I can't see a single connection between a woman that went missing months ago and a new non-homicide body found in the river due to tips.

I often think about.. the sheer luck sometimes, in police finding a perp and/or a body... about how true it really is that even one small tip, someone noticed *something* that is enough to start a ball rolling in the investigative path.. and how potentially unlikely it could have been that a perp would have been caught, or a body would have been found, if not for that outside tip. I would love to see a study on that, with stats.. just out of curiosity, to show how often it happens out of the blue, and how often it happens from an investigation just based on what police knew and were able to find out based on what was presented/discovered, if not for the outside 'tip' or sheer luck.

For example.. if not for the man who reported seeing the fight on the overpass/underpass, would Nick Lush's killers ever have been found, or would police have had that evidence they needed to make the arrests and eventually bring a conviction, would his body have been located, and if so, when? If not for the amazing memory and observance of the man who remembered the tattoo on Dellen Millard's wrist, would Tim Bosma's killers have gotten away? If not for perfect timing of police just happening to be travelling the exact perfect spot at the exact perfect time, would LE's investigation into the murders of 4 separate women ever have led them to Cody Legebokoff, Canada's youngest serial killer?

It seems to take a body in most cases, imo, for an investigation to propel forward.. where is SB.. body or otherwise? Like has been said before, there is a lot of desolate roadway between Edmonton and Calgary. We now know that SB did make that trip to and from Edm in one day, and presumably did not take her own vehicle with the faulty brakes. Is there only one person to confirm that she ever arrived back safely? Is that one person the same person who transported her that day? It would make me feel much more confident if LE had cadaver dogs searching along the areas near that stretch of road between Edm and Calgary, but where to even start? How much do they spend in time and resources on a hunch? Do they even *have* a hunch?

I wonder if LE has had cadaver dogs searching the area where Delores Brower was found last week, in case additional bodies might be found? She was found in the same area as Amber Tucarro's skull was found 2.5 years ago, but they missed finding Brower even though she had likely been there since she had gone missing 10 years ago, and even though only Amber's skull was found, so one might presume police might continue looking for the rest of her body, and then perhaps even have happened upon Delores, or who knows who else? The longer it takes to find a body, the less the body will be able to reveal. I hope they find SB SOON.

I often think about.. the sheer luck sometimes, in police finding a perp and/or a body... about how true it really is that even one small tip, someone noticed *something* that is enough to start a ball rolling in the investigative path.. and how potentially unlikely it could have been that a perp would have been caught, or a body would have been found, if not for that outside tip. I would love to see a study on that, with stats.. just out of curiosity, to show how often it happens out of the blue, and how often it happens from an investigation just based on what police knew and were able to find out based on what was presented/discovered, if not for the outside 'tip' or sheer luck.

For example.. if not for the man who reported seeing the fight on the overpass/underpass, would Nick Lush's killers ever have been found, or would police have had that evidence they needed to make the arrests and eventually bring a conviction, would his body have been located, and if so, when? If not for the amazing memory and observance of the man who remembered the tattoo on Dellen Millard's wrist, would Tim Bosma's killers have gotten away? If not for perfect timing of police just happening to be travelling the exact perfect spot at the exact perfect time, would LE's investigation into the murders of 4 separate women ever have led them to Cody Legebokoff, Canada's youngest serial killer?

It seems to take a body in most cases, imo, for an investigation to propel forward.. where is SB.. body or otherwise? Like has been said before, there is a lot of desolate roadway between Edmonton and Calgary. We now know that SB did make that trip to and from Edm in one day, and presumably did not take her own vehicle with the faulty brakes. Is there only one person to confirm that she ever arrived back safely? Is that one person the same person who transported her that day? It would make me feel much more confident if LE had cadaver dogs searching along the areas near that stretch of road between Edm and Calgary, but where to even start? How much do they spend in time and resources on a hunch? Do they even *have* a hunch?

I wonder if LE has had cadaver dogs searching the area where Delores Brower was found last week, in case additional bodies might be found? She was found in the same area as Amber Tucarro's skull was found 2.5 years ago, but they missed finding Brower even though she had likely been there since she had gone missing 10 years ago, and even though only Amber's skull was found, so one might presume police might continue looking for the rest of her body, and then perhaps even have happened upon Delores, or who knows who else? The longer it takes to find a body, the less the body will be able to reveal. I hope they find SB SOON.

There is only one obvious clue: Shannon went home, and her husband claims that he last saw her later that evening at 12:30AM, when she vanished from the home without her phone, or her car.

There is no body for her family to bury, but she is dead.

:welcome6: Please post your thoughts, questions and ideas. We need to shake this place up a bit ;)

Yes, I was confused about which body the poster was referring to, since the most recent one has been ID's. If it were SB, they would have stated that either she had ben found deceased, or that she was no longer missing.

A body was found in the Bow River in Calgary after rescue workers received a tip.

Shannon has not been found floating down the river, although that would be a good murder tactic in a year where the river freezes. The river didn't freeze this year, so bodies in the river are not emerging from the frozen ice, they're new.

Shannon may have been tossed in the river, but no old, decayed bodies were found in the river between the time that she was missing and today. If she was tossed in the river, the absence of ice would have revealed her body long ago.

There is only one obvious clue: Shannon went home, and her husband claims that he last saw her later that evening at 12:30AM, when she vanished from the home without her phone, or her car.

There is no body for her family to bury, but she is dead.

I wonder if LE found evidence she actually set foot in the home after Edmonton, or if it's only JB's word.

I guess the only proof LE would have would be what? A digital footprint from the home computer? That's not even real proof is it? JB and SB could share passwords (most spouses do). Did Shannon make a phone call to a friend or family member that night from the landline? We might never know if she actually was at home, but I bet LE know.

There's only 4 ways she could've gotten back from Edmonton: herself, her husband, public transit, or an unknown person/ride. I also bet LE also know how she got back from Edmonton, if we only knew...

I wonder if LE found evidence she actually set foot in the home after Edmonton, or if it's only JB's word.

I guess the only proof LE would have would be what? A digital footprint from the home computer? That's not even real proof is it? JB and SB could share passwords (most spouses do). Did Shannon make a phone call to a friend or family member that night from the landline? We might never know if she actually was at home, but I bet LE know.

There's only 4 ways she could've gotten back from Edmonton: herself, her husband, public transit, or an unknown person/ride. I also bet LE also know how she got back from Edmonton, if we only knew...
A lot can be garnered from that last Facebook post. Most people have their phones connect up to the house Wi-Fi when home. The sites visited will be stored on the router, in the browser history, and most likely by the ISP. The phone company may also be able to trace the sites visited, and the location of the phone if the phone cell data was used.

Facebook will also have the IP of where the post came from, be it from the home IP, or the phone IP if LE can get them to divulge that information.

LE should also be able to find out when the phone went quiet, which may help the timeline as well.

I suppose a lot depends on how deep they want to dig, or can dig, given that they only have a missing person's case

It's not only about the decomposition, but the Bow River runs through a city. How long would a body in that river go without being discovered? Every article I have read so far regarding a body in the river the death is a day old or less.

There is a cold case in London, Ontario the Samuel Lottery case where his bones were found beside/on the Thames river bank in 2 different locations, his remains were found right downtown, no one noticed him he was there for months.

I have always *sensed*, which I realize means nothing at all and is just moo, that something about all of that timing and driving and posting is going to be someone's 'fall'. You know.. something like.. a great story is created, but at some point, one of the details in the story is proven wrong, and makes everything else fall apart.

For now.. one of the theories being that SB may not have actually made it back to her home at all after Edmonton, nothing could really be garnered from the FB posts, if those posts were made from the home and her phone was left in the home. If the phone is at the home and not with SB, then someone else *at* the home could have written those posts, and everything would match up. There would be no way really to determine with certainty who exactly made the posts.

From what we, the public, can see, SB made her last (public) FB post 2.5 hours before she was last 'seen', I wonder what occurred during that final 2.5 hours? I wonder if there were some FB pm's back and forth with any of her FB friends during that time. If someone had access to her phone, and access to her FB, the person could have been also chatting away, making arrangements to meet somewhere, etc. That could be a handy reason why the phone didn't go with the body along the way from Edm to Calgary, useful tool that it is.

In the beginning, I was thinking she could have left her phone because it was dead, but if she had been home all that time before leaving at 12;30am, the phone had every opportunity to be fully charged, and what young woman would really leave home on foot alone at midnight without it?

I'd love to know if police found at her home, the clothing she had been wearing when seen by the last person who saw her in Edmonton. Apparently being home for all that time before disappearing, surely she would have changed. She had been in Edm doing a prescheduled audition I believe, surely being at home for hours before then going out, she would have changed.

I wonder how much of her marital woes SB shared with her sister and family. I get the impression somehow, not much. In the family's eyes, it could have looked like the couple got along 'quite' well, and especially if her ex was the one providing the transportation to and from Edm in the hours before she disappeared. 'Last seen' by the ex at her home at 12;30am on the 27th', or 'last *officially* seen on the 26th'?

A lot can be garnered from that last Facebook post. Most people have their phones connect up to the house Wi-Fi when home. The sites visited will be stored on the router, in the browser history, and most likely by the ISP. The phone company may also be able to trace the sites visited, and the location of the phone if the phone cell data was used.

Facebook will also have the IP of where the post came from, be it from the home IP, or the phone IP if LE can get them to divulge that information.

LE should also be able to find out when the phone went quiet, which may help the timeline as well.

I suppose a lot depends on how deep they want to dig, or can dig, given that they only have a missing person's case

FWIW...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1725930/t...police-join-search-for-missing-calgary-woman/

ETA: under the photo at the link it says Shannon was last seen by family at her home...
Yes... if you read the Bio of the author, you'll see there is nothing journalism related. Accuracy doesn't seem to be a priority. It reads more like amateurish assumptions. Chances are it was a busy day, so they threw her a bone to get some experience since it was a snippet, update type of piece.

Either way... whether they are saying she was last seen at home, or whether they are saying she was last seen leaving her home, the seeing part was reported by someone who may or may not have something to lose or gain by telling the truth or not telling the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back