GUILTY Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

I could accept your potential theory that LE asked the family to keep a lid on details on the relationship so not to hinder their silent investigation of people... if something, anything, had come of anything at all.. but just over 5 months later and not a word, I just think they have absolutely nothing. Nobody seems to be ringing any bells asking for us to remember to look for SB, or saying police aren't doing a good job or that there is a serial killer on the loose, and top it off with no evidence of foul play, family doesn't suspect who might otherwise be prime suspect, and way too many crimes and missing people to deal with, I guess it is easy to see how SB could slip between the cracks. If she's mentally ill and walking around somewhere, I'm sure someone would have seen her by now, or she would have perhaps longed for familiarity after awhile and contacted someone. I believe she is dead and truly hope she is found soon. If LE find a body, my bet is their investigation and identification of a suspect will proceed rapidly after that, assuming there is enough left of her to even gather any evidence. Time is not on SB's side.

To jump off your post, which I think very similar to, another thing LE seems to do is create some 'urgency' with the public (is time a factor? And why?) for some cases with the family press conference and some cases not.

In some cases time doesn't seem to be a factor and no presser whatsoever (why is time not as much an issue?) I thought maybe in cases where the missing person has a history of moving around/being transient, history of mental health, or possibly substances or if they don't seem 'stable' with routine (commitment to a job, making future plans, attending planned events, etc.) they might not be able to say disappearing is out of character.

Getting the public's attention with an organized press conference hints to me LE want people's eyes open to notice details and there's pressure for LE to gather evidence/info within those first 48 hours of someone disappearing, as it's the most crucial time. My thoughts are LE suspects someone else's involvement.

.... As for clothing, I honestly think that there is a clue here as to why we didn't get that information. IMO, it goes back to the "last officially seen" and "last seen by her husband" reports. When they are uncertain about exactly *when* she went missing, they would be hurting themselves by publishing her clothing, especially if they don't know when she actually went missing and where.

.... Anyway, there seems to be a few instances of screwed up information in that article... and I can't find any other reference in MSM other than this one, that the last 'official' time seen, was on the 26th. It seems to only be in this article and nowhere else. The article even contradicts itself. (BBM)

I wasn't able to find that 'official' report anywhere but in the one article in metronews.. do you know of others, and if it was also quoted by LE?

Thanks for posting the newsletter of the Ramsay Community Association. I was looking more for other MSM or LE statements that say that 'officially she was last seen on Nov 26th'. I recall this thread discussing it way back, but not sure if it was all coming from the one article in MetroNews, or if it had appeared in a few MSM. If just the one MetroNews venue, then it is less likely to be accurate, much like the one MSM that reported that SB was seen 'leaving' her home (even though it was published in GlobalNews as noted upthread). In this one Ramsay newsletter, it lists 2 dates when she was last seen, so unfortunately it doesn't seem to carry much weight in itself either, imho:

Shannon Burgess, a resident of Ramsay, has been missing from her home since November 29.

Then the picture below *that* statement states November 26, a variance of 3 days, all in one newsletter!
ramsay cmmty assoc nwsltr.jpg

Who is going to volunteer to call Dustin and see if he has any new info?

Did you notice the reversed order of contact phone numbers...???

Poster has Dustin # listed first
Post has CPS # listed first...

Regardless, how many calls has Dustin received?

Lala, that is the same article we have been discussing, the one in metronews, it seems to be the *only* MSM who say that she was 'officially last seen Nov 26'.... similar to how the globalnews article appears to be the *only* MSM who say that she was last seen 'leaving' her home. OOTD figures the globalnews reporter isn't really much of a reporter, and I am wondering same about the metronews reporter, since that article has a few things that seem off. ie within the same article, two different times/dates are given, as well as 2 different locations/scenarios; she mixes up Inglewood and Ramsay, she can't get it straight whether she was last seen IN the 'apartment' on Wednesday, or whether it was early on Thursday AT her home, she's the only reporter to state 'officially last seen on 26th', and she's the only one to indicate that she is 'thought to be' in Calgary or Edmonton. Seems like a big mish-mash of information, correct or incorrect, obtained from who-knows-where, even contradictory within the same article; unfortunately with such sloppy writing, it is difficult to take anything she has to say with any merit (MOO):

Shannon Burgess (née Madill), 25, was last seen in the early morning hours of Nov. 27 at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Road SE. ....
.... and was last seen in her Inglewood apartment on Wednesday.
.... Officially, Burgess was last seen Nov. 26. ....

Then she goes on to indicate that she would be found In Calgary or Edmonton, as if this was a 'left of her own accord willingly' type of thing:

Burgess is thought to be in the Calgary or Edmonton area.

This is why I posted earlier that I really hope that the family's hopefulness/wishfulness and denial haven't done this young woman a grave injustice by not being more concerned. If more concerned, would police have been more concerned and put more effort into finding her? Squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.

Here's a MSM article that says she was last officially seen Nov. 26th:

"Officially, Burgess was last seen Nov. 26

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/12...o-family-said-its-not-like-her-to-dissappear/

Lala, that is the same article we have been discussing, the one in metronews, it seems to be the *only* MSM who say that she was 'officially last seen Nov 26'.... similar to how the globalnews article appears to be the *only* MSM who say that she was last seen 'leaving' her home. OOTD figures the globalnews reporter isn't really much of a reporter, and I am wondering same about the metronews reporter, since that article has a few things that seem off. ie within the same article, two different times/dates are given, as well as 2 different locations/scenarios; she mixes up Inglewood and Ramsay, she can't get it straight whether she was last seen IN the 'partment' on Wednesday, or whether it was early on Thursday AT her home, she's the only reporter to state 'officially last seen on 26th', and she's the only one to indicate that she is 'thought to be' in Calgary or Edmonton. Seems like a big mish-mash of information, correct or incorrect, obtained from who-knows-where, even contradictory within the same article; unfortunately with such sloppy writing, it is difficult to take anything she has to say with any merit (MOO):

Then she goes on to indicate that she would be found In Calgary or Edmonton, as if this was a 'left of her own accord willingly' type of thing:

This is why I posted earlier that I really hope that the family's hopefulness/wishfulness and denial haven't done this young woman a grave injustice by not being more concerned. If more concerned, would police have been more concerned and put more effort into finding her? Squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.

Oops, need more coffee… I just did one of my biggest pet peeves, when people don't read all the posts and then comment/post something that's already been posted or discussed :gaah: Sorry Deug!

NP Lala, it's hard to keep up sometimes, especially if one is trying to wean off of WS !

Oops, need more coffee… I just did one of my biggest pet peeves, when people don't read all the posts and then comment/post something that's already been posted or discussed :gaah: Sorry Deug!

According to Google, here is the location:

77684a68e1abb9348e1f9e7a9bc21bcc.jpg

This one sounds like it could be one of our MP cases for sure.

I am so useless when it comes to getting locations on maps.. when I plugged it in, it looks like the 2 roads run parallel? What am I missing?

I am so useless when it comes to getting locations on maps.. when I plugged it in, it looks like the 2 roads run parallel? What am I missing?
Range Road and Township... it's like Street and Avenue. It's a little north of my pin on my picture.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic
Back