GUILTY Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

Either way... whether they are saying she was last seen at home, or whether they are saying she was last seen leaving her home, the seeing part was reported by someone who may or may not have something to lose or gain by telling the truth or not telling the truth.

True...wonder if she'd respond to any requests for clarification/confirmation, if she has nothing to lose or gain?

Last I had read, it was SB's ex that was the last to see her, do you know of a female that saw her after that?

True...wonder if she'd respond to any requests for clarification/confirmation, if she has nothing to lose or gain?

Last I had read, it was SB's ex that was the last to see her, do you know of a female that saw her after that?

I was referring to the "journalist" who was the author of the article that'd indicated that SB left. Did she report that as being the sole MSM individual privy to that information, or was it an assumption (error)? She doesn't appear to be a journalist. Not sure about what precisely differentiates a broadcaster from a journalist, but I suspect that if there were a major difference, this person has demonstrated it well.

What I meant was.. the last person to have seen SMB was her ex, whether it was at the home, or leaving the home. The last person to have seen her may have a self-interest in not being 100% truthful about where and when and under which circumstances he last saw her.

Either way... whether they are saying she was last seen at home, or whether they are saying she was last seen leaving her home, the seeing part was reported by someone who may or may not have something to lose or gain by telling the truth or not telling the truth.

I was referring to the "journalist" who was the author of the article that'd indicated that SB left. Did she report that as being the sole MSM individual privy to that information, or was it an assumption (error)? She doesn't appear to be a journalist. Not sure about what precisely differentiates a broadcaster from a journalist, but I suspect that if there were a major difference, this person has demonstrated it well.

What I meant was.. the last person to have seen SMB was her ex, whether it was at the home, or leaving the home. The last person to have seen her may have a self-interest in not being 100% truthful about where and when and under which circumstances he last saw her.

Fully agree, sketchy. But if we're discussing the point of her leaving, it seems to dwell on one sole report, from a questionable source. In the end, we don't know much. Why has CPS chosen to leave us with nothing?

One of the things that I don't get is why no description of clothing,I'm sure some of her girlfriends could figure out what clothes of Shannon's are missing, I know my friends would be able too, why are they keeping this to themselves

If Shannon left voluntarily then why wouldn't she sell her car, even if just for junk, it would give her a little bit of cash,

In a lot of missing persons cases the person that last seen the missing person is the first suspect that the investigators look at,

I think the whole premise of Crimestoppers is to make the public feel unafraid to report something they may have seen that could help police in a given investigation. They say they don't subscribe to 'call display', and that tips can be called in anonymously. I have always wondered if that is completely true, because what if they receive a tip that indicates that the murderer him/herself is making the call? ie giving a tip with some kind of info that only the killer would know? I'm wondering if it is possible for LE to know who calls in a tip, even though they could never admit it, or use it in court? Does anyone know? The reason I'm wondering is because I'm wondering who gave LE the tip that she may be in either Toronto or Vancouver. Nothing whatsoever seems to have come from that at all, much like similar tips led nowhere in Lisa Mitchell's case. Wouldnt' it be handy for LE to know who called in those tips for both women? ie what if it was her ex that called in such a tip?

I wonder if LE might be pursuing someone more diligently if not for the family proclaiming their friendliness with him, lack of animosity between them, and that SB and JB still get along 'quite' well.

I doubt many would remember what someone had been wearing if asked to remember 6 days earlier? skinnycat can I ask if you are married, ie wondering if your friends would know your clothing so well if you were married living with your husband?

One of the things that I don't get is why no description of clothing,I'm sure some of her girlfriends could figure out what clothes of Shannon's are missing, I know my friends would be able too, why are they keeping this to themselves

If Shannon left voluntarily then why wouldn't she sell her car, even if just for junk, it would give her a little bit of cash,

In a lot of missing persons cases the person that last seen the missing person is the first suspect that the investigators look at,

I think the whole premise of Crimestoppers is to make the public feel unafraid to report something they may have seen that could help police in a given investigation. They say they don't subscribe to 'call display', and that tips can be called in anonymously. I have always wondered if that is completely true, because what if they receive a tip that indicates that the murderer him/herself is making the call? ie giving a tip with some kind of info that only the killer would know? I'm wondering if it is possible for LE to know who calls in a tip, even though they could never admit it, or use it in court? Does anyone know? The reason I'm wondering is because I'm wondering who gave LE the tip that she may be in either Toronto or Vancouver. Nothing whatsoever seems to have come from that at all, much like similar tips led nowhere in Lisa Mitchell's case. Wouldnt' it be handy for LE to know who called in those tips for both women? ie what if it was her ex that called in such a tip?

I wonder if LE might be pursuing someone more diligently if not for the family proclaiming their friendliness with him, lack of animosity between them, and that SB and JB still get along 'quite' well.

I doubt many would remember what someone had been wearing if asked to remember 6 days earlier? skinnycat can I ask if you are married, ie wondering if your friends would know your clothing so well if you were married living with your husband?
I think the missing clothing would be a longshot at best with no certainty whatsoever. She may have been wearing a mint green T-shirt, purple capris, red flip flops and a tye dyed scarf... sure that's ugly and no... no winter coat... but that's all we think is missing... lol.

If you recall, there may have been a bit of flip flop with the family attitude. At first she was going through a "messy divorce", then they were getting along great. Was that misinformation, or a request by someone not to let on he's being looked at as a suspect? The lack of effort from the family also lends itself to that theory.

If in fact the divorce was messy... not necessarily acrimonious, but just messy because of the money, the living together, and the possible other relationships, her "distress" may have set something off mentally. It happens. It really does. Too much stress, any mental illness, mid-20's realization that adult life isn't as easy and fun as you thought... and you have a recipe for a free spirit to leave.

We are stuck with both plausible theories... the longer this goes on, the worse it looks, but you just never know.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/12...o-family-said-its-not-like-her-to-dissappear/

I could accept your potential theory that LE asked the family to keep a lid on details on the relationship so not to hinder their silent investigation of people... if something, anything, had come of anything at all.. but just over 5 months later and not a word, I just think they have absolutely nothing. Nobody seems to be ringing any bells asking for us to remember to look for SB, or saying police aren't doing a good job or that there is a serial killer on the loose, and top it off with no evidence of foul play, family doesn't suspect who might otherwise be prime suspect, and way too many crimes and missing people to deal with, I guess it is easy to see how SB could slip between the cracks. If she's mentally ill and walking around somewhere, I'm sure someone would have seen her by now, or she would have perhaps longed for familiarity after awhile and contacted someone. I believe she is dead and truly hope she is found soon. If LE find a body, my bet is their investigation and identification of a suspect will proceed rapidly after that, assuming there is enough left of her to even gather any evidence. Time is not on SB's side.

I think the missing clothing would be a longshot at best with no certainty whatsoever. She may have been wearing a mint green T-shirt, purple capris, red flip flops and a tye dyed scarf... sure that's ugly and no... no winter coat... but that's all we think is missing... lol.

If you recall, there may have been a bit of flip flop with the family attitude. At first she was going through a "messy divorce", then they were getting along great. Was that misinformation, or a request by someone not to let on he's being looked at as a suspect? The lack of effort from the family also lends itself to that theory.

If in fact the divorce was messy... not necessarily acrimonious, but just messy because of the money, the living together, and the possible other relationships, her "distress" may have set something off mentally. It happens. It really does. Too much stress, any mental illness, mid-20's realization that adult life isn't as easy and fun as you thought... and you have a recipe for a free spirit to leave.

We are stuck with both plausible theories... the longer this goes on, the worse it looks, but you just never know.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/12...o-family-said-its-not-like-her-to-dissappear/

... and as I read that article again, it really seems like they think she ran off with someone initially...

Help her look after herself? Really? Is that a common concern? Did she have problems looking after herself?

The article also says she was at her apartment in Inglewood which is not the same neighborhood as Ramsay. The last line that she is believed to be in Edmonton or Calgary is also a strong statement. It is possible the family believes Shannon did this by choice. I wonder what they think now that time has past.

The article is choppy.

The article also says she was at her apartment in Inglewood which is not the same neighborhood as Ramsay. The last line that she is believed to be in Edmonton or Calgary is also a strong statement. It is possible the family believes Shannon did this by choice. I wonder what they think now that time has past.

The article is choppy.
No, but the neighborhoods are right next to each other, so it's close... but not 100% accurate... like most of the information so far.

This is the second case recently that has mentioned the need to be fed.

Since Monday morning, JOxxxx has had trouble with the simplest daily tasks.

“He’s been feeding me,” she says of her youngest of three boys, Mxxxxxx.

“He’s the only one that gets through.”

Even though Mxxxxxx is just shy of two...
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...graceful-defiance-in-face-of-abduction-ordeal

“We don’t know how she is getting around, or who is helping her eat and look after herself,” EMxxxxx said.
(from link below)

I hope that through hoping and wishing and denial, the family has not done SB a great disservice in believing she just chose to walk away from her entire life, career aspirations, family members, friends, loved pet?, job? (doubt if she had one, but I suppose we don't even know *that* much), transportation, means of communication, money, leaving them all behind.... and for over 5 months now without a trace.

... and as I read that article again, it really seems like they think she ran off with someone initially...

Help her look after herself? Really? Is that a common concern? Did she have problems looking after herself?

Well in all fairness I'm divorcing him, maybe I'm just a clothes person, the last time I saw him was January I could tell you what he had on, I don't know size, but I know the style and color. I'm really not a vehicle person I can say what color truck he drove but make or plate number I have no idea.

I just think that if something that was her favorite hoodie, boots, favorite t-shirt, that someone would notice that it is no longer in her wardrobe. I don't mean generic t-shirts, tank tops, I mean those special favorite clothes. If I was just leaving I would definitely be wearing at least one of my favorite things.

Fully agree, sketchy. But if we're discussing the point of her leaving, it seems to dwell on one sole report, from a questionable source. In the end, we don't know much. Why has CPS chosen to leave us with nothing?
There is the fact that CPS and several MSM sources have used the words "last officially seen" which provides a different time than what JB reported. They seem to have been very careful in distinguishing the two.

Yes. Crimestoppers does log the number from the times. There is a legal loophole that they have used, in order to follow-up on the tips generated from the tip line. It is not well known or published, but they have used it in the past, IMO.

As for clothing, I honestly think that there is a clue here as to why we didn't get that information. IMO, it goes back to the "last officially seen" and "last seen by her husband" reports. When they are uncertain about exactly *when* she went missing, they would be hurting themselves by publishing her clothing, especially if they don't know when she actually went missing and where.

Interesting catch IRT the 'Inglewood apartment', because the home which she shared with her ex husband, was it an apartment? Or would it be considered a co-op? Are the two interchangeable? Anyway, there seems to be a few instances of screwed up information in that article... and I can't find any other reference in MSM other than this one, that the last 'official' time seen, was on the 26th. It seems to only be in this article and nowhere else. The article even contradicts itself. (BBM)

Officially, Burgess was last seen Nov. 26.

The article is choppy.

I wasn't able to find that 'official' report anywhere but in the one article in metronews.. do you know of others, and if it was also quoted by LE?

There is the fact that CPS and several MSM sources have used the words "last officially seen" which provides a different time than what JB reported. They seem to have been very careful in distinguishing the two.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back