Identified! Canada- WINNIPEG Landfill, Manitoba, (Possible victim of Jeremy Anthony Michael Skibicki) 14 June 2022 - Rebecca Contois

She did this during the day. How unusual!

"Through video surveillance, she was then seen leaving the store alone and climbing into a nearby garbage bin shortly after 11 a.m. Monday, he said.

There was "some activity" seen within the open bin, but that activity stopped after a short period of time, said Smyth. He said police don't know what Beardy was doing in the bin, but she was not seen climbing out of it at any time."​

"Through video surveillance, she was then seen leaving the store alone and climbing into a nearby garbage bin shortly after 11 a.m. Monday, he said.​
There was "some activity" seen within the open bin, but that activity stopped after a short period of time, said Smyth. He said police don't know what Beardy was doing in the bin, but she was not seen climbing out of it at any time."​

Would you believe that I've heard a very similar story to this one but of course I cannot find links to the story! It was connected to whatever I'd posted about how municipalities are encouraging sanitation workers to check bins prior to loading them due to this kind of activity.

Not to speculate drug use or mental health but I wonder if a toxicology report would reveal anything? Could she have had some kind of cardiac arrest or seizure that caused her death?

Hopefully there will be more answers soon. Thoughts with this persons family, especially over the long weekend.

How can the family be given the news of an accidental death? Do they (LE) mean no foul play, not a homicide?

"Many in the Indigenous community and on Lake St. Martin First Nation are devastated and heartbroken after the body of 33-year-old Linda Beardy was found here at Winnipeg’s Brady Road Landfill.

Now some are questioning whether the police were too quick to come to a conclusion about how she got here."

The link also states that LE are still awaiting the results of the autopsy and toxicology. Hopefully once they have that information there will be more for LE to work with.

IMO they are right to be concerned though. Wondering if she had been unconscious inside the bin and was then unable to get out? Their community must be traumatized. It's terrible :(

How can the family be given the news of an accidental death? Do they (LE) mean no foul play, not a homicide?

"Many in the Indigenous community and on Lake St. Martin First Nation are devastated and heartbroken after the body of 33-year-old Linda Beardy was found here at Winnipeg’s Brady Road Landfill.

Now some are questioning whether the police were too quick to come to a conclusion about how she got here."

The link also states that LE are still awaiting the results of the autopsy and toxicology. Hopefully once they have that information there will be more for LE to work with.

IMO they are right to be concerned though. Wondering if she had been unconscious inside the bin and was then unable to get out? Their community must be traumatized. It's terrible :(
Per the articles, police have video footage of Beardy climbing into the dumpster, rummaging around, then there was no activity in the dumpster. Beardy did not get out of the dumpster before the truck emptied the dumpster. Police offered to show footage to family but they did not want to see it yet.

It's hard to dispute video footage. I'm sure it's very hard news to receive, but there's no reason to assume police incompetence.

Per the articles, police have video footage of Beardy climbing into the dumpster, rummaging around, then there was no activity in the dumpster. Beardy did not get out of the dumpster before the truck emptied the dumpster. Police offered to show footage to family but they did not want to see it yet.

It's hard to dispute video footage. I'm sure it's very hard news to receive, but there's no reason to assume police incompetence.
It could be a misquote or out of context? As in, community members are wondering how Lindas body ended up in the landfill.

I agree, LE have been doing their job. It's not over yet because if the autopsy or tox come back with something suspicious they'll have to investigate further. As an aside, not to presume but there have been a lot of drug related poisonings recently due to deadly cocktails of substances being disguised as other drugs.

I don't think it's a matter of how Linda got into the bin, it's more of a "why?". Perhaps toxicology will reveal something. There's always the chance that she touched something inside the bin that caused her death like a fentanyl syringe or something?

It could be a misquote or out of context? As in, community members are wondering how Lindas body ended up in the landfill.

I agree, LE have been doing their job. It's not over yet because if the autopsy or tox come back with something suspicious they'll have to investigate further. As an aside, not to presume but there have been a lot of drug related poisonings recently due to deadly cocktails of substances being disguised as other drugs.

I don't think it's a matter of how Linda got into the bin, it's more of a "why?". Perhaps toxicology will reveal something. There's always the chance that she touched something inside the bin that caused her death like a fentanyl syringe or something?
Good point. Deadly illegal drugs are circulating in many communities. If Beardy was using illegal street drugs, it's quite possible that she overdosed. I assume that there was something wrong with the 33 year old's ability to think since she climbed into a dumpster at 11 AM, rummaged around, and then remained in the dumpster. There's nothing normal about that.

Dirty illegal drugs do not specifically target any identifiable group, instead putting everyone from seasoned drug abusers to first time drugs users in the morgue. Although the families of overdose victims want to blame someone other than the drug user, it's well known that drug abusers can only be helped when they are ready to ask for help. It is not systemic or cultural failure when a drug user overdoses. It's more like people playing Russian roulette with their lives.

We don't know that this was a drug overdose, and hopefully toxicology tests will answer that question.

March 17, 2023

Although there is no evidence that Beardy's death is a homicide, and there is evidence that the only reason she was found at the landfill is because she climbed into a dumpster, Indigenous people want the landfill closed. Essentially, what appears to be an accidental death is grouped with dismembered bodies found at the landfill, even though there appears to be no connection.

"Hundreds formed a ring around drummers and singers in the middle of Portage Avenue and Main Street in Winnipeg Friday evening to honour Linda Beardy after the mother of four was found dead in a city landfill earlier this week. Demonstrators closed down the intersection at 5 p.m. while some chanted "we are not trash," "search the landfill" and "shut Brady down." Police diverted traffic away from the intersection.​
"It's important for me to be here today because time and time again Indigenous women, people, are ending up in our landfill," Jessica Courchene said at the rally. "It's not a place for our Indigenous people, it's showing that people think that we're disposable, that we're garbage, that we're not worth any dignity."​
...​
Supporters at the Friday rally called for change, citing disproportionately high rates of violence faced by missing and murdered Indigenous women."​

CBC

Last edited:
Good point. Deadly illegal drugs are circulating in many communities. If Beardy was using illegal street drugs, it's quite possible that she overdosed. I assume that there was something wrong with the 33 year old's ability to think since she climbed into a dumpster at 11 AM, rummaged around, and then remained in the dumpster. There's nothing normal about that.

Dirty illegal drugs do not specifically target any identifiable group, instead putting everyone from seasoned drug abusers to first time drugs users in the morgue. Although the families of overdose victims want to blame someone other than the drug user, it's well known that drug abusers can only be helped when they are ready to ask for help. It is not systemic or cultural failure when a drug user overdoses. It's more like people playing Russian roulette with their lives.

We don't know that this was a drug overdose, and hopefully toxicology tests will answer that question.

March 17, 2023
RBBM

Out of respect I want to be clear that I while I suggested drugs could be involved, I'm not implying that they were. FWIW if I'm not mistaken, toxicology is routine in many cases.

(JMO people are playing roulette but it's also the "supply chain". I don't think very many people are seeking to knowingly buy animal tranquilizers)

I can appreciate the community's desire to see the landfill be closed. They are not garbage and my heart goes out to them.

RBBM

Out of respect I want to be clear that I while I suggested drugs could be involved, I'm not implying that they were. FWIW if I'm not mistaken, toxicology is routine in many cases.

(JMO people are playing roulette but it's also the "supply chain". I don't think very many people are seeking to knowingly buy animal tranquilizers)

I can appreciate the community's desire to see the landfill be closed. They are not garbage and my heart goes out to them.
People across Canada are dying due to tainted illegal drugs. This has been a serious problem in Canada for several years, so anyone who continues to buy street drugs knows that they are taking a risk in terms of potentially buying lethal drugs. Addicts cannot help themselves, so they continue to take the risk.

I doubt that closing a landfill will have any impact on people who commit murder. The body parts that were found at the landfill appear to be brought there by garbage trucks, similar to what happened to Beardy. She climbed into a dumpster and was brought to the landfill via the garbage truck.

The problem starts in Winnipeg garbage bins, so that seems like the place to make change. The suggestion that all dumpsters be checked before being loaded onto garbage trucks seems like a good place to start. However, if body parts are in black garbage bags, that doesn't help. Garbage trucks have routes to complete, so they can't check every bag in every dumpster before collection.

People across Canada are dying due to tainted illegal drugs. This has been a serious problem in Canada for several years, so anyone who continues to buy street drugs knows that they are taking a risk in terms of potentially buying lethal drugs. Addicts cannot help themselves, so they continue to take the risk.

I doubt that closing a landfill will have any impact on people who commit murder.
The body parts that were found at the landfill appear to be brought there by garbage trucks, similar to what happened to Beardy. She climbed into a dumpster and was brought to the landfill via the garbage truck.

The problem starts in Winnipeg garbage bins, so that seems like the place to make change. The suggestion that all dumpsters be checked before being loaded onto garbage trucks seems like a good place to start. However, if body parts are in black garbage bags, that doesn't help. Garbage trucks have routes to complete, so they can't check every bag in every dumpster before collection.
True. There are so many layers to addiction that drive a person to continue to use. Opportunistic people know this and IMO there are those who target the desperate while knowingly distributing poison. In some cases, it appears the drugs have been made that way. JMO & speculation.

Agree. Closing the landfill will not stop people who use the landfill for nefarious purposes. I'm sure there are ways to work around the issues to prevent people from gaining access to garbage bins in general. Fencing, sensors, cameras, alarms etc.

City sanitation can check the bins but at the end of the day, it's down to the due diligence of workers to make sure protocol is followed. There will always be errors. JMO.

True. There are so many layers to addiction that drive a person to continue to use. Opportunistic people know this and IMO there are those who target the desperate while knowingly distributing poison. In some cases, it appears the drugs have been made that way. JMO & speculation.

Agree. Closing the landfill will not stop people who use the landfill for nefarious purposes. I'm sure there are ways to work around the issues to prevent people from gaining access to garbage bins in general. Fencing, sensors, cameras, alarms etc.

City sanitation can check the bins but at the end of the day, it's down to the due diligence of workers to make sure protocol is followed. There will always be errors. JMO.
It's not just dumpsters that need to be checked for body parts. Murderers use private garbage bins to dispose of a dismembered body parts as well. We saw that with Jennifer Dulos. Private garbage bins may explain how other body parts ended up at the Winnipeg landfill.

Garbage trucks transported Beardy's body and other dismembered victims to the landfill. Bodies are quite often put in open fields as well. The field is not the problem.

Today's protest resulted in vandalism, and sadness on behalf of Beardy's family that her death is not a homicide. That is surprising - a family wanting an accidental death (supported by CCTV and medical examiner opinion) to be a homicide. Any thoughts on why homicide is preferable to accepting CCTV evidence of accident?

"The Friday afternoon event in memory of Linda Beardy began with attendees blocking the intersection of Portage Avenue and Main Street and was originally going to end with a march to City Hall. The plans changed, however, and police said approximately 150 people showed up at the force's headquarters where a large window pane was broken near one of the station's entrances.

Police said Thursday that Beardy's death was not a homicide, saying the 33-year-old mother-of-four was last seen leaving a store and climbing into a garbage bin which was emptied by a truck three hours later. Her body was found later at the city-run Brady Road Landfill, police said.

The medical examiner reported no signs of injuries other than those consistent with being moved around by a truck, although the autopsy is ongoing, including toxicology tests.

A woman who took the bullhorn later during Friday's rally downplayed the vandalism. "That's just a little bit of an inconvenience for them, but our lives are more than a broken window," she said.

Beardy's family said in a statement Thursday that they were saddened and disappointed by the police conclusion that the woman's death was not being considered a homicide"​

CBC

Today's protest resulted in vandalism, and sadness on behalf of Beardy's family that her death is not a homicide. That is surprising - a family wanting an accidental death (supported by CCTV and medical examiner opinion) to be a homicide. Any thoughts on why homicide is preferable to accepting CCTV evidence of accident?

"The Friday afternoon event in memory of Linda Beardy began with attendees blocking the intersection of Portage Avenue and Main Street and was originally going to end with a march to City Hall. The plans changed, however, and police said approximately 150 people showed up at the force's headquarters where a large window pane was broken near one of the station's entrances.​
...​
Police said Thursday that Beardy's death was not a homicide, saying the 33-year-old mother-of-four was last seen leaving a store and climbing into a garbage bin which was emptied by a truck three hours later. Her body was found later at the city-run Brady Road Landfill, police said.​
The medical examiner reported no signs of injuries other than those consistent with being moved around by a truck, although the autopsy is ongoing, including toxicology tests.​
...​
A woman who took the bullhorn later during Friday's rally downplayed the vandalism. "That's just a little bit of an inconvenience for them, but our lives are more than a broken window," she said.​
...​
Beardy's family said in a statement Thursday that they were saddened and disappointed by the police conclusion that the woman's death was not being considered a homicide"​

CBC

Sometimes it's hard to acknowledge personal responsibility. It's much easier to believe outside forces wreak havoc on lives of loved ones. That statement is not meant to diminish the tragedy of the deaths of indigenous women but it definitely makes it difficult for many to see the starting point of a person's spiral. It really is generational, imo. It's very tragic.

"The Friday afternoon event in memory of Linda Beardy began with attendees blocking the intersection of Portage Avenue and Main Street and was originally going to end with a march to City Hall. The plans changed, however, and police said approximately 150 people showed up at the force's headquarters where a large window pane was broken near one of the station's entrances.​
...​
Police said Thursday that Beardy's death was not a homicide, saying the 33-year-old mother-of-four was last seen leaving a store and climbing into a garbage bin which was emptied by a truck three hours later. Her body was found later at the city-run Brady Road Landfill, police said.​
The medical examiner reported no signs of injuries other than those consistent with being moved around by a truck, although the autopsy is ongoing, including toxicology tests.​
...​
A woman who took the bullhorn later during Friday's rally downplayed the vandalism. "That's just a little bit of an inconvenience for them, but our lives are more than a broken window," she said.​
...​

CBC
Grief does things to people. Maybe they believe something else went on that led up to Linda entering the bin? I'm not taking that statement to mean that the family want it to have been a homicide.

The autopsy and tox results are not completed therefore the case isn't really closed yet IMO. For all anyone knows (whether it's likely or not) it could have been something underlying like a heart condition. JMO.

May 12 2023

''The Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs (AMC) held a media conference Friday in partnership with Long Plain First Nation and the families of Rebecca Contois, Morgan Harris, and Marcedes Myran.

All three women are believed to be the victims of alleged serial killer Jeremy Skibicki. Contois' remains were found in the Brady Road landfill last year. The remains of Harris and Myran have not yet been found, but police have said their bodies may have been deposited in West St. Paul's Prairie Green landfill in May 2022.''

"The First Nations community would not stand for those explanations. We knew that position was sending a dark message to First Nation women and girls," said Cathy Merrick, AMC Grand Chief.

"How do you look at these young girls and say 'I'm sorry,' that you won't even attempt to recover their mothers?" she added.

Merrick said the study had two goals: to determine if the search was feasible, and if so, how to go about doing it. The study found that a search of the Prairie Green landfill was possible, and would take up to three years to complete at a cost of $84 million - $184 million.

"Using the findings from our feasibility study, we've proven that a humane search of Prairie Green landfill for Marcedes Myran, Morgan Harris, and Buffalo Woman is feasible," Merrick said.''

''Police believe the women's remains were left in a garbage bin three days apart in early May 2022, says the report. The contents of the dumpster were sent to the Prairie Green Landfill on May 16.
Jeremy Skibicki has been charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of the two women, as well as two others: Rebecca Contois, whose remains were found at the Brady Landfill, and an unidentified women Indigenous leaders have named Mashkode Bizhiki'ikwe, or Buffalo Woman. Police have also not found her remains.
Miller's office said the government is also reviewing a proposal from the committee to search the city-run Brady landfill.

Some of the biggest concerns outlined in the report were around health and safety. Hazardous materials teams are recommended to be on site at all times to monitor air quality, act as safety officers and perform decontamination of personnel who are in an excavation pit or working closely with excavated materials.

The committee says using a conveyor belt to search through debris would be the best option.

In order to proceed with a search, Prairie Green would need to submit a proposal to a regulatory body to approve the excavation and transportation of materials.

The study also calls for increased funding for social supports and homeless shelters. It recommends mandatory GPS tracking systems and rear-facing cameras in garbage trucks in Canada, as well as surveillance video installed at entrances and exits at landfills. ''

Last edited:
June 14 2023 rbbm

''WINNIPEG - The families of two First Nations women whose remains are believed to be in a Winnipeg-area landfill took to the steps of Manitoba’s legislature Wednesday to deliver one message to the federal and provincial governments.

They’re urging both orders of government to work together and search the Prairie Green Landfill for Morgan Harris and Marcedes Myran.

“We’re gonna keep coming back until our women are brought home,” Melissa Normand, a cousin of Harris, told a rally organized by the women’s families.

Dozens of supporters stood by as the families shared their frustration and anger.

“Please go get my girl,” Donna Bartlett, Myran’s grandmother, whispered harshly into a microphone.

One person held a sign that said, “Stop wasting time. The landfill is not a grave,” while others said, “No more stolen sisters.”

''Jeremy Skibicki has been charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Rebecca Contois, whose remains were found in another landfill, Harris, Myran and an unidentified woman Indigenous leaders have named Mashkode Bizhiki’ikwe, or Buffalo Woman. Police have also not found her remains.''

Sometimes it's hard to acknowledge personal responsibility. It's much easier to believe outside forces wreak havoc on lives of loved ones. That statement is not meant to diminish the tragedy of the deaths of indigenous women but it definitely makes it difficult for many to see the starting point of a person's spiral. It really is generational, imo. It's very tragic.
it's really hard to acknowledge pErSoNaL rEsPoNsiBiLiTy when nearly your entire generation has fetal alcohol spectrum disorder - because all your mothers were brutally gang raped as children by priests, brutally denied any help to overcome the trauma, and brutally dumped on the streets where alcohol was the only thing that dulled the pain.

When the government and society as a whole decide it's necessary to "kill the Indian, save the child" - the actual phrase used back then by the government and churches - but only really care about the first part? Yeah, whose pErSoNaL rEsPonSiBiLiTy is that: theirs or ours? Our ancestors are the ones who committed the genocide, gleefully and with maximum malevolence.

July 8 2023
1688871029900.png
''WINNIPEG - The City of Winnipeg has ordered protesters who have been blocking access to a landfill in support of a search for the remains of two Indigenous women to leave the area.

In an email, the city says it issued an Order to Vacate in accordance with the Emergency Management Bylaw late Friday afternoon to the protesters, demanding they restore full access to the Brady Road landfill by Monday at noon.''

''The blockade began Thursday following the Manitoba government’s decision against searching a separate landfill north of the city called Prairie Green landfill, where the remains of Morgan Harris and Marcedes Myran are believed to have been dumped.

Jeremy Skibicki faces first-degree murder charges in their deaths as well as for the death of Rebecca Contois, whose partial remains were found last year at the city-owned Brady Road landfill.

“Participants of the blockade have confirmed they have no intention to allow access into the facility any time soon,” the email from the city states, noting a road to the Brady landfill is completely blocked.''

"Through video surveillance, she was then seen leaving the store alone and climbing into a nearby garbage bin shortly after 11 a.m. Monday, he said.​

it's common for people on the street to use garbage bins as refuge from the elements and criminals, for a bit of privacy, even during the day, to take a nap or use drugs, and also as a source of food - what kind of store was it? did they sell food? they can also search them for items they might be able to use, trade, or sell

as sad as that is, it's a small measure of comfort that she wasn't murdered by a serial killer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back