capturing the moments

How many times in this interview do they ask Steve for his theory and then don't let him answer??? I'm going to have to count.
OK I'm quoting myself.
From my very quick reading:
Patsy asks for Steve's theory 7 times

John asks for Steve's theory 4 times

How many times in this interview do they ask Steve for his theory and then don't let him answer??? I'm going to have to count.

Good question...I noticed that too. Let me know when you get the final count. LOL

OK I'm quoting myself.

Larry asks for it a few times too, doesn't he??

Yes, he does.

Patsy was so busy telling Steve how young he was, how much passion he had, what hard work he did, and asking him if he was married....that Steve didn't have a chance to give his theory. He just states that she was involved but, John wasn't. In HIS opinion....

Larry asks Steve for his theory 10 times. That means asking directly about his theory, not just floating around the issue like they do throughout the interview.
Larry asks Patsy for her theory one time.
Larry seems VERY sympathetic towards the Ramsey's.

OK I'm quoting myself.

And lunkhead Larry, with the interview of the century, doesn't know how to handle it. Why did he not just say, John and Patsy you agreed to come on the show. You did not agree to interrupt him when he is about to answer a question. Please let him speak. I know our viewers want to hear his answer.

They can't get up and leave when he puts it that way and THEY HAVE TO SHUT UP.

Solace, you are such a sweetheart...thank you. I love you guys too!!!..That's why I love to help all of you out anyway that I can.

We appreciate it AMES. It is great when something is driving you crazy and you can go to someone to find out and so thanks.

Larry asks Steve for his theory 10 times. That means asking directly about his theory, not just floating around the issue like they do throughout the interview.
Larry asks Patsy for her theory one time.
Larry seems VERY sympathetic towards the Ramsey's.

Yeah, well of course he was. They were LOADED, so they MUST be innocent. Millionaires wouldn't have killed their own child....

And lunkhead Larry, with the interview of the century, doesn't know how to handle it. Why did he not just say, John and Patsy you agreed to come on the show. You did not agree to interrupt him when he is about to answer a question. Please let him speak. I know our viewers want to hear his answer.

They can't get up and leave when he puts it that way and THEY HAVE TO SHUT UP.

Larry reminds me of those police interviews...with Haney and etc.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0104/28/lklw.00.html

THOMAS: Actually, I'll look you right in the eye. I think you're good for this. I think that's what the evidence suggests.

SNIPPED...

P. RAMSEY: No, it's not all Steve Thomas' fault. You, it is not all this young man's fault. He did not have good leadership in his department to lead him down a path of experience. You know, you can't fault the man for that, truly. I can understand that.

KING: You can understand, Patsy, why you were suspects?

P. RAMSEY: I can understand because there was no one leading this man with any leadership capability to investigate the homicide of the young child. I understand that. I know the first time that I interviewed with detective, then-Detective Thomas, I saw the passion in the man's eyes. He wants to find the killer of this child. It's just that he's going down the wrong path. Now what I do...

KING: Doesn't this anger you?

P. RAMSEY: Well, you know, I felt sorry for the man, truly. We know we're not guilty. He is convinced that we are. Now I am sorry for that.

KING: Somebody is wrong.

P. RAMSEY: He has -- his career has suffered. He's a young man. This was -- he was at -- you know, very young in his career. He has lost his job. His -- he doesn't have a family yet, I don't believe. Perhaps you're married.

Geez, no wonder John looked uncomfortable, Patsy was practically kissing Steve's butt...and coming onto him all at the same time....."well, I do DECLARE".

Also note that she refers to her own daughter as..."the young child"...and then later..."this child". I find this extremely odd. Brings back memories of their very first televised interview...where she refers to JB as "THAT child".

I think part of it was just her way of being condescending and trying to make ST appear to be an idiot on live national TV;or rather,too young, naive and inexperienced to make a good homicide detective.Just like when she said he was so young he looked like a boy scout..it's a put down,although she may have been flirting with him at the same time as well.who knows what was going on inside her loaded mind.

She felt sorry for him? I bet ! I felt sorry for ST for having to be in the same room w. those two.I don't know how he did it.

Hi,

You are good to share it with us. And i am going to assume you did not like this at all? Do you feel it took some of your childhood away? If I am too personal, just say SHUTUP and I will completely understand. I never get personal like this, but it is rare that someone has gone through some of the sort of thing that JB has and I am very interested. Thanks for whatever you write.:bang:

Solace, no problem. It wasnt the fact that it took alot of playtime away (childhood) I honestly only thought my mother thought I was valuable as long as I was performing, it was HER dream, not mine. I wouldve been better in a Nursing career or something else. Education wasnt even important to her. When I became a teenager, we fought constantly. The film of Mrs Ramsey performing at their Summer house some Patsy Cline song? That reminded me of my Mum. I always had to memorize little songs and one Christmas, I had to put on one of my dance costumes and dance for out of town relatives. I was VERY uncomfortable. I just wanted to be able to be like a regular kid and relax. I envied my brother who she didnt focus so much attention on.
My Mother came from a strict religious family who didnt believe in songs and dance so she ran wild with me trying to make up for it.
Hearing a 5 yr old pronounce her name: "zhan benet" made me realise how she mustve been constantly coached, I was shocked. She did not pronounce is like: "John benet" (sorry, that is the only way I can spell it to make you understand thats the way her name came out)

I think part of it was just her way of being condescending and trying to make ST appear to be an idiot on live national TV;or rather,too young, naive and inexperienced to make a good homicide detective.Just like when she said he was so young he looked like a boy scout..it's a put down,although she may have been flirting with him at the same time as well.who knows what was going on inside her loaded mind.

She felt sorry for him? I bet ! I felt sorry for ST for having to be in the same room w. those two.I don't know how he did it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ok,that's what I meant.I thought the mytwinn dolls were made by American Girl,or that they make a version on them.I got my daughter a doll there when she was little and I think I recall they do.I don't know for sure though.

Years ago, MyTwinn was a seperate company. They made custom dolls to order from a photograph of a child. They had many basic head/nose/eye shapes, and the doll's complexion was mastched via the photo. Freckles, moles, even scars could be added. Eye color and hair length, color and style were duplicated and clothing was customized as well. It was a very expensive doll, and yes, kinda creepy.
MyTwinn went out of business, then was bought by Mattel around the same time they acquired the American Girl doll line from the Pleasant Company, which is no longer in business.
The American Girl dolls were originally made by the Pleasant Company and the dolls and accessories were available only through their catalog. Now Mattel makes both doll lines. But the MyTwinn is no longer made from a photo, and both MyTwinn and the American Girl modern girl line can be moderately customized with skin tone, hair color, length, style and eye color. (I collect dolls- not these, though)

thx Dee.I didn't know that.
I can just see Patsy getting upset over the doll..."I spent a lot of money on this and you don't like it !!" Omy..there is no telling what she said! (or yelled).

I bet if she could have planted one on Steve Thomas, she would have. He said that she was in his face, and flirting with him. He IS pretty HOT! lol

he's DOUBLE hot !!:blowkiss: too bad she didn't blow him a kiss..then everyone would know that she'd flirted w/ him.LOL.

Solace, no problem. It wasnt the fact that it took alot of playtime away (childhood) I honestly only thought my mother thought I was valuable as long as I was performing, it was HER dream, not mine. I wouldve been better in a Nursing career or something else. Education wasnt even important to her. When I became a teenager, we fought constantly. The film of Mrs Ramsey performing at their Summer house some Patsy Cline song? That reminded me of my Mum. I always had to memorize little songs and one Christmas, I had to put on one of my dance costumes and dance for out of town relatives. I was VERY uncomfortable. I just wanted to be able to be like a regular kid and relax. I envied my brother who she didnt focus so much attention on.
My Mother came from a strict religious family who didnt believe in songs and dance so she ran wild with me trying to make up for it.
Hearing a 5 yr old pronounce her name: "zhan benet" made me realise how she mustve been constantly coached, I was shocked. She did not pronounce is like: "John benet" (sorry, that is the only way I can spell it to make you understand thats the way her name came out)

Oh, I see what you are saying. But, ZHAN is actually the correct pronunciation. That's the way that the newscasters first pronounced it, after her death, and then somehow it became Jon (JOHN) Benet.

In this 48 hour interview I recall thinking she was trying to behave in a similar way. As if challangeing them to accuse her, which they do.

Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Publicly, correct."

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "While testifying under oath in a civil case just last November, Boulder
Police Chief Mark Beckner admitted what had never before said publicly."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Internally, John and Patsy are
considered suspects."
Lin Wood: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition of Mark Beckner) "Both of them."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Yes"
Lin Wood: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition of Mark Beckner) "Are considered to have
probably been involved in the death of their daughter."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Probability, yes"
Erin Moriarty: "Why do you think you remain probably the prime suspects in the eyes of the Boulder
Police?" Patsy Ramsey: "I asked Mark Beckner that. I came closer to him in the face than I am to you, Erin,
and I said, 'Tell me what it is that makes you think I killed my beautiful, precious child?' and he said
'Well, well, it's just a lot of little things.' I think he really doesn't know."

In this 48 hour interview I recall thinking she was trying to behave in a similar way. As if challangeing them to accuse her, which they do.

Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Publicly, correct."

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "While testifying under oath in a civil case just last November, Boulder
Police Chief Mark Beckner admitted what had never before said publicly."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Internally, John and Patsy are
considered suspects."
Lin Wood: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition of Mark Beckner) "Both of them."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Yes"
Lin Wood: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition of Mark Beckner) "Are considered to have
probably been involved in the death of their daughter."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Probability, yes"
Erin Moriarty: "Why do you think you remain probably the prime suspects in the eyes of the Boulder
Police?" Patsy Ramsey: "I asked Mark Beckner that. I came closer to him in the face than I am to you, Erin,
and I said, 'Tell me what it is that makes you think I killed my beautiful, precious child?' and he said
'Well, well, it's just a lot of little things.' I think he really doesn't know."

She probably just wanted him to kiss her...LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back