capturing the moments

In this 48 hour interview I recall thinking she was trying to behave in a similar way. As if challangeing them to accuse her, which they do.

Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Publicly, correct."

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "While testifying under oath in a civil case just last November, Boulder
Police Chief Mark Beckner admitted what had never before said publicly."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Internally, John and Patsy are
considered suspects."
Lin Wood: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition of Mark Beckner) "Both of them."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Yes"
Lin Wood: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition of Mark Beckner) "Are considered to have
probably been involved in the death of their daughter."
Mark Beckner: (November 26, 2001 10:29 civil case deposition) "Probability, yes"
Erin Moriarty: "Why do you think you remain probably the prime suspects in the eyes of the Boulder
Police?" Patsy Ramsey: "I asked Mark Beckner that. I came closer to him in the face than I am to you, Erin,
and I said, 'Tell me what it is that makes you think I killed my beautiful, precious child?' and he said
'Well, well, it's just a lot of little things.' I think he really doesn't know."

Patsy was a passive-aggressive bully.

I've only ever ran across one person in my life who was like that..she made such an (awful) impression on me that I never forgot her.It was a recruiter for a school I was thinking about going to..she never would get around to talking about the school,b/c she was going on and on about how she had a house in Palm Beach,a house in Hawaii,how she was going to make a 'tidy sum' from her photography...blah blah blah.When I could finally get a word in edgewise,all she would tell me about the school is that it was a very 'prestigious' school.I didn't care about that.When it was clear she wasn't going to stop the nonsense,I got up and walked out on her. (gads...walk out on someone so arrogant and their whole world falls apart!)
My mom invited her for coffee the next day..and she didn't realize I was wholly correct about her.Ms Arrogant Recruiter once again started with the nonsense,and she tried to turn it around on me for walking out on her.later she got to talking about her family and how she was 'stuck' (financially) taking care of her nieces and nephews back in Tx who'd lost both their parents (only b/c her g-ma asked her to!,she said),my mom said, 'well aren't you going to be so proud of them when they graduate and get jobs,etc.' The recruiter who probably rode home on a broomstick said: NO.I RESENT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM !!'
I just about fell off my chair,but I'm glad she saw that I hadn't misjudged her! ..shallowness is as shallowness does...I couldn't believe she said that.
And that was the only other person I know of that seemed to be as arrogant.and that was enough!

Hi, JMO8778,
Wow! What a story! Thank goodness I've never met anyone like the lady in your post.

Hi, JMO8778,
Wow! What a story! Thank goodness I've never met anyone like the lady in your post.

she was something else! I'm thankful she was at least honest at the end there when talking about her family..apparently she thought there were others that were just as shallow as she is,and maybe there are,but my mom wasn't one of them.arrogant ppl usually blow their own selves sooner or later.I guess it can't be helped sometimes. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back