Casey Anthony General Discussion Thread #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do the mods keep closing these threads? Is it because of all of the bickering???? If so, I hope we can all be adults and have manners!

No, they are always closed when they reach past that 20 page mark & a new one is started. :)

Why do the mods keep closing these threads? Is it because of all of the bickering???? If so, I hope we can all be adults and have manners!

When a thread gets too long the mods close it to start fresh.

Can I ask a question?

I don't want to make this it's own thread, because this is such a basic question, surely it's been addressed in the media and I have missed it...

But this ... J Hopkins, I think? I may be confusing the name with the supposed work friend that knows Ca A was looking for Caylee. He had a son Zachary, right? And ZFG supposedly watched his child for a few years.

Have they not found this guy to discuss with him who and where this ZFG is? Surely he could easily come forward and at least PARTIALLY corroborate part of this story...

No, I meant when her time was up to decide whether she was going to accept the limited immunity & start talking to LE.

Baez didn't expect our Mother of the Year to be re-arrested.... he figured she had a long weekend to chill & play on the computer.

Okay gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialy
Casey certainly has the right to maintain her innocence, but it is someone disingenuous to do that while everyone around [Casey] screams that LE isn't searching while she isn't giving them any info as to where to search (or any info and/or leads that have not proven to be false/lies)

Quote by Pizmex
What everyone else is saying appears to be a side-show that has nothing to do with the merits of this case.

Again me, ialy --
You only posted part of my post -- the whole one was this --
While I do think there was more than enough to convict OJ and that yes, he was in fact guilty, remember that we have all of the evidence that was presented (if we followed it) in the OJ case as we see it now in hindsight. At this point I believe we only have seen very, very, very small fraction of the evidence that LE actually has in this case. There are showing much of what is their weakest...just enough to get charges...just enough to do what they need, nothing more. Casey certainly has the right to maintain her innocence, but it is someone disingenuous to do that while everyone around you representing you screams that LE isn't searching while she isn't giving them any info as to where to search (or any info and/or leads that have not proven to be false/lies)

And I'll now add this...
The merits of this case are enormous! -- HEre is just a start!
Remember, you can indeed convict on circumstantial evidence. And, jurors need only find a person guilty beyond a REASONABLE doubt. I agree that it is in the courtroom where someone will be convicted. However, with what we already know to be fact from the 400 pages, from scientific evidence released, etc. it seems that to say Casey didn't tell anyone Caylee was missing for 31 days (and did so only when forced to by her mother), was out partying during that time, was proven to have lied to numerous people about where she claimed Caylee was during that time, was hanging out at her boyfriends house cooking and cleaning and being fun and outgoing, was stealing from friends, going to get tattoos (all of this while she theoretically was "conducting her own investigation") -- THEN, when LE gets involved, she lies, lies and lies again (yes, this can be proven -- see the 400 pages), and one would also have to assume it reasonable that while nobody else around Casey is missing but Caylee, with decomposition proven to be in her trunk --somebody else got into the car and put in a different dead body and just happened to pick the car of a mother with a missing child who had not reported her missing -- (wow, big coincidence) and also lied countless times to investigators.

I could add on more and more and more! (Although I don't think I could make that run on sentence any worse!) But again, reasonable doubt. No, we aren't in a court of law and I have no doubt Casey will indeed see her day in court. Even with the very small fraction of LE's case that has been made public, it seems her defense team will have to overcome quite a large amount of evidence -- circumstancial AND otherwise -- to make any juror's doubt be beyond what is reasonsble.

I think maybe because they've gotten so long. I know there is occasional bickering, but I've been on since about 8:45 p.m. and haven't noticed any, unlike another location, where people were acting like a mad pack of blood-thirst rabid animals.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

p.s. hope I don't get banned for saying that (the other location is not associated with WS)

Someone please enlighten me. Isn't it true that no one actually KNOWS who ordered the paternity test, who the results were sent to or how they were sent? Casey was apparently into creative document preparation. I would think that results would have been sent to both parties but who knows? I have a client who went to the home of his one night stand (the mother) along with 4 other guys and submitted to testing which was sent in to a lab by a friend of the mom's who worked for DCF. Sorta like a Tupperware party!

I believe Jesse did, based on Rev Grund's posting on either his myspace page early on, or in the letter to Tricia here that was posted on the board with a time limit.

Someone please enlighten me. Isn't it true that no one actually KNOWS who ordered the paternity test, who the results were sent to or how they were sent? Casey was apparently into creative document preparation. I would think that results would have been sent to both parties but who knows? I have a client who went to the home of his one night stand (the mother) along with 4 other guys and submitted to testing which was sent in to a lab by a friend of the mom's who worked for DCF. Sorta like a Tupperware party!

That doesn't sound too legal to me.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

Can I ask a question?

I don't want to make this it's own thread, because this is such a basic question, surely it's been addressed in the media and I have missed it...

But this ... J Hopkins, I think? I may be confusing the name with the supposed work friend that knows Ca A was looking for Caylee. He had a son Zachary, right? And ZFG supposedly watched his child for a few years.

Have they not found this guy to discuss with him who and where this ZFG is? Surely he could easily come forward and at least PARTIALLY corroborate part of this story...

No son Zach & no knowledge of 'Zanny'

Does anyone have the name of the towing service? I want to see if I can find out if they keep dogs on site at night. Not that proving that dogs at the tow yard scratched the back of the car because they smelled the decomp is going to break the case wide open, but I would be interested to know if it is a possibility.

Hubby and I were discussing that at dinner. IIRC, it was said (somewhere) that the documents that have been released relate to the first charges. I would hope that LE could and would counter any further request for docs by saying they relate to an "ongoing investigation," and therefore, they could withhold any further information. My opinion only, of course!
I agree - but you got me thinking - they did release the neighbor with the shovel - ALL of it - the interview - the follow-up to go get the shovel, etc. What does this "shovel" have to do with child neglect? I don't see how that fits in with "child neglect" charges - interesting tho.

Has anyone heard the truth about how she ended up with JB as her att. at first Cindy said an imate told her about him but she was never in population?????? who called him....

These General Discussion threads get locked because they get so long! (This is number 158 for a reason! LOL!)

Hubby and I were discussing that at dinner. IIRC, it was said (somewhere) that the documents that have been released relate to the first charges. I would hope that LE could and would counter any further request for docs by saying they relate to an "ongoing investigation," and therefore, they could withhold any further information. My opinion only, of course!

IIRC that very thing was stated at the press conference after the release of the 400 pages.

The bail bondsman files a motion requesting that the court issue an order exonerating the bond. If Casey wants to be out on bail again, she has to find a bail bondsman and pledge assets for $503,200 and a new 10% nonrefundable fee to the bail bondsman for $50,320.00.
The odds of that happening must be infinitesimal. I hope.

Remember though Baez had to be told by Ryan that Ryan would not do well for the defense. Baez couldn't figure that out on his own. Remeber that Ryan told the police she was a liar and that was the one that Cindy told her belief that Casey was a sociopath. And Baez originally wanted him for the defense.
You never know who Baez might call.

You lost me. Who is Ryan?

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics