Casey & Family Psychological Profile #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balls in JB's court. TL is putting him to task in what appears to me to be a statement made in an intelligent sort of poking way. Touche Away TL.

Lenamonreportexcerpt.jpg

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17898874/detail.html

Baby Photos Of Caylee's Mom Used In Request To Avoid Death Penalty
Woman Charged With Murder In Daughter's Disappearance
POSTED: Wednesday, November 5, 2008
UPDATED: 5:50 pm EST November 5, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony, who has been charged with first-degree murder in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, are urging state prosecutors not to seek the death penalty in the high-profile case, using baby photos of their client to help their cause, Local 6 News reported.

(clip)
An experienced defense attorney was recently retained on Anthony's behalf, and he's hoping the photos and his 30-page argument will convince prosecutors.
"In this case, no one knows how death might have happened, if at all," stated the document, which was also obtained by Local 6 News. "If death did occur, the death was almost certainly a tragic accident."

(clip)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey0608nov06,0,7406889.story
Report argues against death for Casey Anthony

(clip)
Some of the arguments outlined against death include:

* The techniques used to analyze hair and air samples from the trunk of Anthony's car to prove evidence of a body are "novel, experimental, in the early stages of development, inconclusive and highly susceptible to mishandling," Lenamon wrote. Even if the evidence is enough for a guilty verdict, it would not be enough to support the death penalty, according to the report.

Baez mentioned Lenamon's report in his Change of Venue motion.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/05/04/casey.anthony.motion.pdf

5/4/2009
MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE

pg. 5 of 16

Recently, Local 6 News in Orlando posted a story entitled “Baby Photos of Caylee’s Mom used in Request to Avoid Death Penalty.” www.local6.com/news/17898874/detail.html. Media had gotten a copy of a memorandum prepared by the defense for the prosecution. Local 6 News quoted extensively from the defense memorandum, stating that, “Anthony’s defense team also raises the possibility that Caylee may have been poisoned by chloroform, saying, ‘Death may have occurred while the child was sedated or from an unwitting overdose of a sedative."

Well, I respectfully disagree with Lenamon concerning his plea. If she doesn't get Death, she will spend the rest of her life in a State Facility. I suspect the Supreme Court with its new appointees will do away with the penalty in the next eight years...yes, I am cynical

For many who don't believe in the DP, I would love to introduce you to some criminals that would change your mind. Recently, a parent of a known victim who has a foundation told me at one time he didn't believe in the DP. Now he advocates "Take a murderer home for Christmas" if you like. The public does not get to see or know about the heinous crimes that happen in the unpublicized cases....too sick for the public to handle. They are so bad that most of you would be shocked at first, then very ill and the inprint would never leave you. You do not want this burden, it changes your reality and perspective on life. I realize that people here think they have heard it all but you probably haven't. Consider yourselves blessed.

There are people sitting in prison that ARE taking up oxygen that is precious for life around us. I do mean this literally. If you met them or read their files, there is a likely chance that you would change your mind in a heartbeat and understand why we have this law.

Casey Anthony is small potatoes in the system. Psychologically speaking, the only thing I see with her is an Inadequate Personality, like most of the prison population. I don't care what they do with her. To me she is insignificant. Caylee was the important one in that family and the only ones advocating for her at the moment is the SA's office and of course, Websleuths!

Whisperer, I don't believe in the death penalty, and it is certainly not from lack of first hand knowledge of murderers and what they can do, and do do. I worked with a charitable group that helped people coming out of prison.. helped them find a place to live, and a job, and helped them re-integrate back into society..took themout shopping, brought them into our homes for meals and socializing.. so yes, I have brought many murderers 'home for christmas'.. literally.

I also was unfortunate enough to grow up in a family that was dysfunctional, murder was a not totally foreign sort of thing... I spent a lot of years running back and forth to prisons visiting with those incarcerated. some of them for murder.

All of which does not mean that I am ever going to forget the victims. You are right in saying that victims get forgotten, they do. But more killing is not the answer.. violence begets violence which begets more violence. Somewhere we have to stop the chain.

There is murder and then some. I guess you have found peace and joy in your life by helping murderers and bringing them to your home. Not much to say after that. You have left me speechless.

Snow walker, Thank you for sharing your story. Huge Kudos to you for working to make a difference in our society! matilda

Not quite sure who I should press the thanks button to. My only concern is that history is proving that all things increase in time. My middle ground theroy after reading a psychology report of students debating this subject and how we can deal with the icreasing crimes of abuse and murder so that when our children become adults and have children they would be safe. Theory discussed was to place psychopathic killers on a remote completely deserted island with no way to escape similar to the movie, "Papillon" It would be survival of the phitis (sp) and only the strong would survive. They would creat their own pecking order and rules while serving life. KC would do find there as one of ger favorit shows is Surviver.LoL

Hi Kagey,

I like the students....LOL.

Death Penalty is still being discussed in college? Interesting theory...about the island. I find it difficult to understand people who say they would not want and ''eye for an eye" if their own loved ones were tortured and mutilated...but the world continues to go round and round. One day after 911, I heard someone in a bookstore near Berkely say that the U.S. should send flowers to the Taliban because everyone LOVES flowers and it would show "We care"...?????

The human mind can be a dangerous thing....nuff said!

Whisperer, I don't believe in the death penalty, and it is certainly not from lack of first hand knowledge of murderers and what they can do, and do do. I worked with a charitable group that helped people coming out of prison.. helped them find a place to live, and a job, and helped them re-integrate back into society..took themout shopping, brought them into our homes for meals and socializing.. so yes, I have brought many murderers 'home for christmas'.. literally.

I also was unfortunate enough to grow up in a family that was dysfunctional, murder was a not totally foreign sort of thing... I spent a lot of years running back and forth to prisons visiting with those incarcerated. some of them for murder.

All of which does not mean that I am ever going to forget the victims. You are right in saying that victims get forgotten, they do. But more killing is not the answer.. violence begets violence which begets more violence. Somewhere we have to stop the chain.

My bold and italics here...the violence we are addressing with the death penalty is at the end of the line. Killing or not killing the perp does not impact the behavior before the crime is committed-this is my understanding after reading 30 years of studies. However, it addresses the behavior of that particular person.

I am undecided on the DP-the circumstances that create the behaviors leading to a DP case are well worth understanding, because only then can we hope to deflect what might be coming. Until that time, can we still consider ourselves a compassionate, educated, forward thinking society and hold our criminals accountable for the worst of their crimes by taking their lives?? If the playing field was level-if there were a proportionate number of ethnicities and classes represented in relationship to the crimes, if the system was less flawed, if we could be sure that only the guilty would die...seems like a reasonable sentence to me. I do agree now that it is a sentence that should be reserved for the worst of the worst...but whose to say what that yardstick should be represented by? I mean if we could ask Caylee and she had the ability to articulate her thoughts, she might just believe that being deprived of her life was the worst crime ever. Since we can't ask her, how do we measure it?

Thanks for the rant.

My thought is not doing anything can also beget violence. People have to be stopped who cannot stop themselves. I do not think the DP is a deterrent but I do think it is punishment well-deserved. We incarcerate to protect society. We put to death to avenge a terrible crime, but our society doesn't talk about that.

Well, the line sure has to be drawn somewhere or there would be killing out in the street and up close to each of us. Personally, I would like to see all child molesters put into one spot and me be in charge. I don't think they should be out in the public with our babies. I am sick to death of this. An Island somewhere---I can relocate.

I have always been on the fence with the DP, but since this case have read many thangs about crimes. The LE/State/Jury need to be backed up by the public. Like I said, there has to be a line. We as individuals can not draw that line. Some are for and some are against.

What I would like is for the murders be tied to a chair and pull their toenails out with pliers. Killing them is to nice and an easy way out for them. That is where the court takes over and they are lucky they get that much.

They sit on D/R for probably 10 years---eat---sleep---free to their own thoughts---that is a lot more than they gave their victims. What ever happens to KC I will be happy (unless she walks).

I do wish they would send the circus down the road and get on with this mess. Get a lawyer in there who knows what the H3ll they are doin and lets go.

I quite realize that 'insanity' is a legal definition, not a medical one. I have been all through that subject, having gone through having my father declared insane, and confined in a mental institution.. horrible time in my life!

I still feel that there is a broader case to be made for some sort of diminshed responsibility .. there is certainly something amiss with KC, not 'insanity' as the word is properly used, but 'insane' as the word is used in ordinary vernacular speech. She is so obviously not legally insane that I doubt an expierienced lawyer like this one would be refferring to that as any sort of defense.. so I am back with some sort of mitigating circumstance caused by a hormone imbalance or some such.

I just cannot come up with anything pertaining to KC that is 'legal enough' to pass muster in a court of law though. Of course she is some sort of narcissist or physocopath, but that is not a legal defense.

I don't know if Florida has any of those other defenses available was the point of my response... Some states do... the state I came from did.

I too believe Casey has major personality/character defects/issues and if she murdered her daughter they have much to do with it. She is stunted, she is ill.. but not insane, yes- I'm with you 100% on all of that! I was just refering to "insanity".

I think I may recall some discussion we had about the process you had to go through with your dad (It may have been a different member, I apologize if it was). I do know the process is not fun, nor is losing ones faculties or having to watch a loved one lose their faculities. I'm so sorry for what you had to go through :hug: :blowkiss:

In the Orlando Sentinel interview today (in current news thread), Lenamon stated that he "had great concern over the case's future because of media exposure".

So why is he going BACK on television AGAIN???!!!!:mad:

*nod*

-----------------------

There must be 100 pages of threads on here where we all discussed what psychological/psychiatric disorder could be used to defend her--not an insanity defense but diminished responsibility/capacity.

Here's one that I mentioned: Intermittant Explosive Disorder

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/intermittent-explosive-disorder/DS00730/DSECTION=risk-factors

People with traits that are common to personality disorders — such as dramatic, antisocial, paranoid or narcissistic behavior patterns — may be especially prone to intermittent explosive disorder. As children, they may have exhibited severe temper tantrums and other behavioral problems, such as stealing and fire setting.

oohh, I think I may have this! heeh

Bolded by me. I completely disagree with the bolded statement above. I've covered at least a couple of capital murder trials where the defendant was obviously mentally ill and it sure didn't stop the state from pursuing and getting the death penalty. Everyone I interviewed on the juries afterwards said they believed the defense had proven to them the defendants were mentally ill but they didn't prove they were legally insane.

Mentally ill does not mean legally insane. If it were, many of our prisons would be empty because I'd say the majority of those who commit crimes are mentally ill to one degree or another. I've certainly seen a lot of judges make mental health treatment a condition of any present or future probation for those who had the possibility of parole.

Mental illness might be used to try to mitigate, but it can go the opposite way with juries too, convincing them that the defendant poses a danger to society.

I'm with you.

Nothing, nothing that she has or may have can be a defense. There is NOTHING that wrong with her. If she was like Yates, OK but otherwise, NO. That's not why Mental health defenses are in place. They are not there for people like Casey or Scott Peterson or whotheheckever. These defenses are there as a last resort, for the sickest of the sick. Most of the time when there is an insanity or mental illness defense used and the person is actually ILL, or insane, the prosocution recommends the defense and it never even goes to court. NGBRI is not a joke and it's not used lightly.

The places these people are sent to after being found "insane" are not pretty hospitals were they can roam free and get weekend passes and be sent home in a year or two. These are people who more often than not will be held longer in this LOCKED ward than they would have been had they just been sent to jail. They spend this time with other "insane", PSYCHOTIC people who have murdered and raped and G0d knows what else who have no idea what they have done is even wrong. Sometimes, only sometimes , can these people be drugged back to sanity, and often, once they become sane, once faced with the knowledge of what they have done, begin to cheek their meds because they have a conscious, they have guilt and regret and can't live with what they have done.

Casey and insanity have nothing in common.

ETA- to add- Showing up to every Shrink appointment and staying on my meds (at first I had to get shots so they KNEW I was on them) and in therapy was always a part of my probation. and IMO, rightfully so- I commited crimes when off meds! < though of course I didn't think that way at the time!! I was pi$$ed LOL> )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname