Casey I hope you can hear me right now!

I don't know how to post link.. On the CNN website, this story - More than 1,000 attend Caylee's memorial service - "She met with her attorney, Jose Baez, during the service in a jail interview room, jail officials said. There was no television in the room. Baez was permitted to bring in a laptop, although it was unknown whether they watched the service."

I am sure they did. Together. Laughing, joking, making fun, and flirting even perhaps.

Not being snarky, but unlike other people, CA can't go visit Casey without every news channel in the nation playing the recording on the 6 o'clock news. I can understand why the Anthony's wouldn't want their private conversations broadcast on the evening news.

Since when has Cindy ever worried about being on the 6 o'clock news? She loves it. She sure didn't mind her private message to Casey being broadcast from the memorial today either. She could simply have written a letter if privacy was important to her. It's obviously not.

WESH interviewed Baez at the jail as he was leaving, shortly after the service. He would not comment on whether they watched it or not (attorney/client privilege.)
However, the jail did confirm that if he has a cellphone air card, it would be within their policy for him to use it while consulting with his client.
IMHO....of course they watched it.

I don't know how to post link.. On the CNN website, this story - More than 1,000 attend Caylee's memorial service - "She met with her attorney, Jose Baez, during the service in a jail interview room, jail officials said. There was no television in the room. Baez was permitted to bring in a laptop, although it was unknown whether they watched the service."

I'm honestly betting that she did not watch the memorial service. After all it wasn't about KC.

I think the Anthony's may have known that there was a chance Casey would be watching....but I don't feel like they went out of their way to excuse HER behavior or what she did, on the contrary they stated over and over that they loved her unconditionally. Just using the word unconditional acknowledges what Casey did. I don't remind my children that I love them unconditionally in good times.....I remind them in bad!
I agree 100%!

KcC may be singing this to the scarecrow song, "I could while away the hours while sitting in the gallows if I only had a brain!

I think the Anthony's may have known that there was a chance Casey would be watching....but I don't feel like they went out of their way to excuse HER behavior or what she did, on the contrary they stated over and over that they loved her unconditionally. Just using the word unconditional acknowledges what Casey did. I don't remind my children that I love them unconditionally in good times.....I remind them in bad!

That's very true, I totally agree with you on that.

11 a.m.: A spokesman for the jail just e-mailed to say Baez does have the ability to bring a laptop and air card into his attorney-client meetings with Casey Anthony, but the jail will not be reported what is happening in the room, unless it violates jail policy. Using a laptop to view media Web sites is allowed, he said.

From

http://www.wesh.com/breakingnews/index.html

FOX reported Jose showing up about before the memorial at the jail with his laptop. I am betting the A's knew KC would be watching via the web.

Yup! WSer's were right again!:woohoo:

Cindy knows that she was watching with her attorney. Why else would she say this?

She may have known something, or maybe she just hoped.

If Cindy wants to talk to Casey, why doesn't she just go visit her like normal people do? She could talk to her 3 times a week if she felt like it. Why wait for a memorial for someone else entirely to "speak" to your own child?

Well, I can't speak for Cindy, but just speaking for myself here: I am a private person and I would hate, hate, hate if my conversations were released to media, aired over and over, used by various media to try to tarnish and twist my words. I can well understand Cindy deciding to forgo such a treat.

I, too, believe that Mr. Baez took Casey to an interview room so that she could watch the memorial without risk of a video of her reaction being released. It was a decent thing for him to do.

I don't know why, but the fact that she watched this from her private jail cell with her lawyer on his I don't play by the rules laptop (is the jail Wi-Fi, of all things?) has just infuriated me!!!

JB is just an extension of CA, imo

Patty, what part of it wasn't playing by the rules? Laptops are permitted. Air cards are permitted. Attorney/client meetings are permitted. They didn't break any rules.

unconditional love ??????????????

huh ???????

WTH is that ?

so, if someone kills someone like KC did... you can still love them ??

if it was an accident and they admitted to it... sure i could BUT until then

nawwwwwwwwwwwww its a LOAD

Cindy can't visit KC and speak to her, KC won't allow their visits. She used what opportunity she had, hoping that KC would see it. Her speech was nothing more than a desperate mother's plea to her daughter to let them back into her life. Cindy has unanswered questions and she needs and deserves closure which can only come from KC.

Very well said.

First time poster, but long time lurker here. I think Cindy was very much hoping that Casey was at least listening to the memorial. I really don't think the A's were wrong to mention Casey. She is still their daughter and obviously, they love her very much. You can love someone, and still hate what they may have done. I like when Cindy said that Caylee was the most beautiful gift she ever received..I also think when they mentioned her named that it was tastefully done, and did not proclaim her innocense, only that she deserved prayer. Really, we are all God's children, and at the very least she does deserve this. One wish I would have is that Casey did see the memorial, and realized how deeply she has hurt everyone, and to reach out with some kind of real compassion for them. I know that probably will never happen. She truly is damaged in her mind and heart, and I pray that someday, deep inside, she will wake up, and feel remorse for what she has done. It doesn't matter how the courts or we as fellow human beings do or think about her, if she doesn't feel with her heart, then she will never truly be punished.

Spot on here.

unconditional love ??????????????

huh ???????

WTH is that ?

so, if someone kills someone like KC did... you can still love them ??

if it was an accident and they admitted to it... sure i could BUT until then

nawwwwwwwwwwwww its a LOAD

Unconditional love is not a load. It is a real and true phenomena. To George and Cindy, there is no "if someone kills someone like KC did" ....to them, she is being wrongfully accused. So sure, they continue to love her. And if she is convicted, they may or may not accept the verdict, but I bet they don't quit loving Casey. I would love my child no matter what. Like another poster said before me, and much more eloquently than this: Hate the sin, love the sinner.

It is my understanding that JB had to get special permission to bring in his laptop, therefore I concluded that this was an unusual request. I, in my dumb naivete, thought it was for his personal use regarding data about the case he had stored. Not for watching One Tree Hill on the Internet (sorry, stretching it a bit here). Heck, maybe the are even reading WS together!

Now, I find it is hooked up to the Internet? And she gets a private viewing so as her reaction is cloaked from the other inmates?? So she doesn't have to watch it in the general public where everyone has to agree on the same channel?

Nancy Grace is right...sounds like she is in a private suite with special priveleges due her special presence here on this earth.

(Sorry....really mad)

Yep, you are really mad!! :blowkiss: I hope you feel better soon. This case can't be good for our blood pressures, can it?

I believe all attorneys are allowed to bring their laptops in at any visit to their client. I know I watch attorneys walking in and out of the local jail all the time and they frequently are bringing in laptops and huge briefcases.

To be honest, I think Mr. Baez was just doing what lawyers do.....meeting with his client and HOPEFULLY learning something as he watched Casey watching the memorial. In the shoes he is in, it would have been completely reckless, maybe even malpractice, to allow Casey to watch the memorial in full view of others who would then turn around and release their OPINIONS on how she reacted.

Remember, once Casey was criticized for reacting calmly when a rumor surfaced that Caylee was found; later she was criticized for reacting with emotion when Caylee was found.....her defense lawyer is working on CASEY'S behalf, and he is right to defend and protect her. (of course, we may or may not agree with him about her guilt or innocence, but I certainly wouldn't want less from any defense attorney I'd ever hire!)

Now, Nancy. She is primarily an entertainer. Her show survives or fails on its popularity. And she is a savvy girl, she knows more people want to hear the sensational twist than the "ordinary" one! A lawyer bringing in a laptop is hardly indicative of being in a private suite! But I betcha Nancy made some pretty expressive faces when saying this! I'm sorry I missed it.

First time poster, but long time lurker here. I think Cindy was very much hoping that Casey was at least listening to the memorial. I really don't think the A's were wrong to mention Casey. She is still their daughter and obviously, they love her very much. You can love someone, and still hate what they may have done. I like when Cindy said that Caylee was the most beautiful gift she ever received..I also think when they mentioned her named that it was tastefully done, and did not proclaim her innocence, only that she deserved prayer. Really, we are all God's children, and at the very least she does deserve this. One wish I would have is that Casey did see the memorial, and realized how deeply she has hurt everyone, and to reach out with some kind of real compassion for them. I know that probably will never happen. She truly is damaged in her mind and heart, and I pray that someday, deep inside, she will wake up, and feel remorse for what she has done. It doesn't matter how the courts or we as fellow human beings do or think about her, if she doesn't feel with her heart, then she will never truly be punished.

Welcome aboard!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back