Casey's "Emotional Breakdown" per the docs

I don't know how you could have a miscarriage without medical attention afterwards. Wouldn't there be a medical record from the D&C?

I'm not saying I believe she had a miscarriage, but a D&C is not always required when a miscarriage happens.

A couple witnesses interviewed mentioned that Casey said she thought she might need to be committed and she was going crazy and having an emtional breakdown in 2007.

No one seemed to take KC at face value once they realized that she was a habitual liar. I think this dovetailed off her "miscarriage"

Without turning into a crazy bashing thread, do any of you think there is any merit to KC's claims of losing it? or was this another attnetion seeking device? Do her claims tie into anything substantial we have revealed about her life at that time? Did this lead into possible murder of her daughter?

I am sorry I do not have the link to the 2 interviews that this was mentioned in. Perhaps someone could help me out with that?

Thanks

I tried to give Casey a fair shake on this one that she was frustrated with things in her life, but in this instance, for me, she was seeking out attention, she wanted people to feel sympathy for her, her mom was "a horrible person"...and she, Casey, was the victim.

Both Annie and Michelle asked Casey about how she was doing/feeling, the next day, after making those comments and what does Casey do...she blew off Michelle and tells Annie everything is fine she and Cindy spoke.

No, I don't think this is a true claim of Casey losing it to the point of needing to be institutionalized, to me, that part was for dramatic effect she wanted to be seen as the victim...IMO

There are plenty of women who miscarry within the first few weeks of pregnancy. A young woman may not even realize what's happened until later and never seek medical attention.

I disagree. Again, this is lending way too much credit to her. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a woman of KC's mentality that's already gone through pregnancy and childbirth who knew they were pregnant again that would bleed even slightly and not contact a Dr. in some way - even if you didn't want the pregnancy. If you're pregnant and there's blood, then you have an issue. It may not be serious but still. She obviously knew she miscarried because she told people. This is just another one of her lies. She's got mental and emotional issues - there's no doubt about that. But I don't think it's the kind that mothers with PPD suffer from nor do I believe it's the kind that would qualify her as crazy or unstable. She's just a down right selfish, evil person. No more, no less.

ETA: This whole story conflicts itself. She was upset about losing the guys baby because she wanted to be a family, yet she didn't want her mom to know about the pregnancy. Hmmmm. How exactly did she plan on pulling that off?

This statement only supports mine. Where's the OB that made this decision? I can not believe that Casey was pregnant enough to know about it (unless of course she was intentionally trying and taking tests every week but then that goes against her not wanting her mother to know) to the point that she knew she miscarried, yet she didn't ask a single medical professional? I dont even think she's twisted enough for that. I'm pretty positive she's aware of the possible complications and infections of not seeking medical treatment so even if the OB told her he didn't need to see her, surely she at least asked.

She may not have wanted her mother to know but she would have wanted to know. Lots of women take pregnancies tests constantly while trying to conceive or when they're having symptoms of pregnancy. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that she was taking pregnancy tests like some might drink water.

Not knowing her own physician it's hard to say what advice (if she sought any) was given. Many women have a positive pg test one day only to find themselves bleeding the next. It's still a miscarriage but depending how early it is, it may not require any medical attention at all. Dr's often tell you (when that early) there's nothing they can do and what signs of complications to look out for.

Do we know for certain there are no medical records for this? Considering Casey didn't want her mother to find out isn't it possible she was less likely to seek medical attention unless and until it became an emergency?

I can't quite decide if the miscarriage story is a fib or truly happened.

Coming down/ off of a drug binge can bring on depression, feelings of 'losing it', a sense of hopelessness.
I have never been able to get past my initial impression of Casey, right after her first arrest, when she was strutting her stuff while wearing handcuffs and the blue hoodie, that she was a Meth user.

MOO and only MOO, I believe KC and CA were profoundly emeshed and jealous of each other and their relationships to Caylee and GA. CA is a very domineering person who knows all and won't admit she's wrong. KC in many ways is very much like her mother. Very domineering and has been boss in the A family for many years, as it was probably easier for the family to let her have her way. GA not having a back bone and having two domineering women in the house stayed away from home. KC may very well have an emotional breakdown, I agree with whoever said a call for help is a call for help. Would Caylee have still been here if she had gotten help? I tend not to think so as KC is too concerned about KC. She wants it her way, much like her mother. Mom and daughter have a love hate relationship and are competitors in living their lives. Both of them have a high degree of being right. KC has a horrible temper, like her parents. Anger management classes would have helped??? So I guess what I'm saying is that KC would not have sought help as that would be giving up control and I don't think that would happen. Maybe this isn't the place for me to say this as I'm new at posting, but KC was so angry at her mother she got rid of sweet Caylee to spite her mother. "Now you'll never have her, now what are you going to do"? I honestly don't know what to say about LEE. He is a big question mark.

I think it was just another a part of her very active fantasy life. I'm sure Juliette was very comforting during the event, and someone else had a car accident and died on the way to her house at the very same time--or else there was a squirrel plastered in there somewhere. :D

I absolutely :)crazy:) believe that KC had some sort of mental break-apart. My theory is not based on her statement in 2007, however. I don't know how many of KC's words we can believe, but I know we can parse her actions!

Looking at her cell phone records, there is "normal" useage up until a particular date. And then her useage skyrockets to almost constant use. That screams mania to me, because it appears she wasn't sleeping for days on end. I believe the change occured between March and April of 08 although I haven't gone back to verify the dates, so treat it with a grain of salt until you verify for yourself!

IMO, the staying awake, the need to be continually talking or texting, along with the fact that she begins acting recklessly (stealing, etc.) without even thinking of the consequences all suggest Bi-polar mania.

I don't think this mental illness would get her off of any charges-----if she indeed did murder Caylee, she was well aware that it was wrong, since she tried to cover it up-----BUT I do think it could be mitigating circumstances that played a HUGE part in what happened to Caylee.

IMO, the staying awake, the need to be continually talking or texting, along with the fact that she begins acting recklessly (stealing, etc.) without even thinking of the consequences all suggest Bi-polar mania.

I don't think this mental illness would get her off of any charges-----if she indeed did murder Caylee, she was well aware that it was wrong, since she tried to cover it up-----BUT I do think it could be mitigating circumstances that played a HUGE part in what happened to Caylee.

Respectfully snipped. I'm ITA here. She exhibits a lot of signs of bi-polar disorder. And I tend to think back to her 2007 statement of her needing help. Her age range was clearly within the time of bi-polar disorder becoming very very prominent.

I further agree that it's not an out for the things she's done. But it goes without saying it explains a lot of the behaviors we are seeing.

You know its almost scary how similar KC is to my brother. Taken what I have learned from my brother I have no doubt KC was lying. I mean after all this is the same women who said GA had a stroke and the nanny was in accident and in the hospital. And these lies are just the tip of the iceberg I believe.My brother could charm anyone into thinking just about anything given the chance.And KC is the same way IMO.

the fact that KC is a pathological liar IMO shows that she does have mental problems. She is also part of a family that did not know how to deal with this issue. Had KC been given counseling maybe she could have learned to deal with her issues. instead they were covered up, therefore she was taught at an early age to hide the ugliness.

as far as the 2007 miscarriage. IDK, but i kinda see a pattern. Maybe AL was her new Brandon? i understand there was a pregancy test found.:waitasec:

I'v always wondered since CA's interview with I believe the FBI officer where he asked CA to fill out the questionaire concerning kC's mental health. We were able to watch CA dilly dally with the papers and later found out through discovery I believe that CA didn't fill out that particular section. This left me asking, "Was there no history," "Did CA not want to reveal this info," "Or did CA not want to divulge what she felt was wrong with KC over the yrs.?" I think we can all answer those questions in are own minds. I have always wondered about her scholl records that may have shown some issues that might have come up during her education. Now that we have heard a statement comming from KC using the word, "Institutionalized,". With KC's word play throughout this case, she trys to use such flowery more updated terms. So I find the use of using a turn of the centuary word right out of,"For whome the Bell Tolls," odd. There are more updated terms for psychiatric care so it makes me think someone has yelled at her, "You need to be institutionalized," or KC percieved herself as becomming more out of control and CA passivefied her concerns for the moment. My humble opinion.

Bolded by me

I noticed that also...CA could not even describe her daughter or list one fault when questioned. She made excuses for her behavior, if asked. IMO, CA was not capable of filling out a psych questionnaire concerning Casey. It would force her into facing issues about herself and Casey and she would never go there. She finds life in her fantasy world comfortable. Control and denial are her MO.

Regarding dealing with KC's problems: Once she reached 18, there was nothing the family could do. KC had to be the one decide she wanted help.
This all should have been addressed when she was a child but knowing the family dynamics, they wanted to "handle" this on their own....how sad. :abnormal:

I think it was Casey histrionics designed to manipulate someone other than Cindy to care for her child.

I think this was Casey's "cry for help" and it's so sad that she didn't get that help before it all came down to this. I do not believe that Casey is a "Psychopath/Sociopath and believe if she had gotten the proper help all of this could have been avoided. Had her own mother been healthy perhaps she'd have seen her daughters issues and done something to get her help. JMO

Why do people think she would go to a dr for a "miscarriage" when she didnt even go to the dr until 7-8 MONTHS pregnant with Caylee? I dont really think she had one, I think it was drama for Brandon blowing her off and she couldnt understand why.

Here is where it can get cloudy and gray: even if you have experience with a mental illness or personality disorder, it can be very difficult to discern between 'normal' teenage girl drama and histrionics, and the true emergence of a potential illness requiring medical attention.

So, I'll say what I have said many times recently - a cry for help is always a cry for help. It is a shame that it was so easily disregarded and brushed off when her friends later tried to call and check in on her. Unfortunately, they probably wrote it off as KC drama.

I also think it unlikely that KC only told Michelle and Annie. She stated that her Mom and she talked and it worked out. That was yet another opportunity for CA to have gotten KC some help with her issues.

yup- ITA!

Bolded by me

I noticed that also...CA could not even describe her daughter or list one fault when questioned. She made excuses for her behavior, if asked. IMO, CA was not capable of filling out a psych questionnaire concerning Casey. It would force her into facing issues about herself and Casey and she would never go there. She finds life in her fantasy world comfortable. Control and denial are her MO.

Regarding dealing with KC's problems: Once she reached 18, there was nothing the family could do. KC had to be the one decide she wanted help.
This all should have been addressed when she was a child but knowing the family dynamics, they wanted to "handle" this on their own....how sad. :abnormal:

She couldn't describe her own daughter because her daughter (in her sick mind) was everything SHE is and she believes she is all that is good and true and just in this world.. always someones victim. She never let Casey be anything or feel anything if it didn't fit her mold. mo

I think this was Casey's "cry for help" and it's so sad that she didn't get that help before it all came down to this. I do not believe that Casey is a "Psychopath/Sociopath and believe if she had gotten the proper help all of this could have been avoided. Had her own mother been healthy perhaps she'd have seen her daughters issues and done something to get her help. JMO

I never felt sorry for Casey until I read Michelle & Annie's account of Casey telling them she felt like she was having a breakdown. It sounds like her feelings were swept under the rug instead of getting her help. I'm not excusing what she's done, but I do feel bad she didn't get the help she needed if in fact she was being truthful with Annie & Michelle.

Maybe there was no miscarriage at all. Maybe she was just "late" one month and when it finally happened she called it a miscarriage to get attention. With as much as I have going on in my life somedays, I often say I feel I am "losing it" or it is "driving me nuts", but that does not necessarily mean it is true.

I think it was her way of getting attention, she is evil and has no soul. She could have given Caylee to her parents or even put her up for adoption if she did not want to be bothered with her. There is NO excuse for what KC did to her baby girl, none!

I think she tried to "friend" a hawt guy on Facebook and he said no. :boohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back