Casey's "Emotional Breakdown" per the docs

You know its almost scary how similar KC is to my brother. Taken what I have learned from my brother I have no doubt KC was lying. I mean after all this is the same women who said GA had a stroke and the nanny was in accident and in the hospital. And these lies are just the tip of the iceberg I believe.My brother could charm anyone into thinking just about anything given the chance.And KC is the same way IMO.

So's Cindy.. Lying, attacking, name calling, attempting to destroy the reputations of good people... whatever it takes, there are no limits, they don't care who they destroy. My mother threatened so many men that she'd go to LE and tell them they raped her simply because they no longer wanted to date her.

How does one get an 18yr old into treatment if they don't want to go?

No I don't believe the miscarriage story, and to top that off, how the heck would she have known Brandon was the father when she's slept with so many she didn't know who her daughter's father was?

Nope, I think it was just yet another one of her stories, designed to gain sympathy & make her the center of attention.

I think it was Casey histrionics designed to manipulate someone other than Cindy to care for her child.

My thoughts exactly! KC was probably only telling these girls that she had mental health issues so they would offer up babysitting services.

I think all the talk of a miscarriage is just more lies.

I too have wondered if she is bipolar based on her behaviors. She definitely exhibits symptoms consistent with the manic phase, between the constant phone time, stealing, excessive spending, etc.

I never felt sorry for Casey until I read Michelle & Annie's account of Casey telling them she felt like she was having a breakdown. It sounds like her feelings were swept under the rug instead of getting her help. I'm not excusing what she's done, but I do feel bad she didn't get the help she needed if in fact she was being truthful with Annie & Michelle.

But when they checked on her later, she brushed the whole thing off.

I never felt sorry for Casey until I read Michelle & Annie's account of Casey telling them she felt like she was having a breakdown. It sounds like her feelings were swept under the rug instead of getting her help. I'm not excusing what she's done, but I do feel bad she didn't get the help she needed if in fact she was being truthful with Annie & Michelle.

Ya know, I don't feel bad for her at all. I just know what it's like to live with a mother like Cindy. You never matter, ever... every feeling you have is belittled and invalidated.. How do people expect a "soul" to develop in such an evironment?

There was definitely something wrong and KC was spiralling out of control, driven by health, drugs or, an unhealthy family relations KC was trapped in. The arrival of Caylee served to both enable her to leverage Caylee as well as further entrap her. I think she enjoyed the control and the mind games within the family but for as much as she lashed out in rebellion, it took its toll.

As well as these admissions of 'losing it' at times I do remember her friends (AH?) stating bizarre discussions where a conversation would occur and a follow-up days later would result in denial from KC that the topic was ever discussed or the request ever made.

IMHO KC was living on the edge, escalating with CA and, going over the edge.

MOO and only MOO, I believe KC and CA were profoundly emeshed and jealous of each other and their relationships to Caylee and GA. CA is a very domineering person who knows all and won't admit she's wrong. KC in many ways is very much like her mother. Very domineering and has been boss in the A family for many years, as it was probably easier for the family to let her have her way. GA not having a back bone and having two domineering women in the house stayed away from home. KC may very well have an emotional breakdown, I agree with whoever said a call for help is a call for help. Would Caylee have still been here if she had gotten help? I tend not to think so as KC is too concerned about KC. She wants it her way, much like her mother. Mom and daughter have a love hate relationship and are competitors in living their lives. Both of them have a high degree of being right. KC has a horrible temper, like her parents. Anger management classes would have helped??? So I guess what I'm saying is that KC would not have sought help as that would be giving up control and I don't think that would happen. Maybe this isn't the place for me to say this as I'm new at posting, but KC was so angry at her mother she got rid of sweet Caylee to spite her mother. "Now you'll never have her, now what are you going to do"? I honestly don't know what to say about LEE. He is a big question mark.

Excellent post!
Cindy and Casey are both narcissists. They are always right and they are always vying for control. Lee is a very angry guy most likely depressed and not just a circumstantial depression. He appears in conflict and unable to discern his feelings from his thoughts. I hope he does what GA did and seeks help.

Why do people think she would go to a dr for a "miscarriage" when she didnt even go to the dr until 7-8 MONTHS pregnant with Caylee? I dont really think she had one, I think it was drama for Brandon blowing her off and she couldnt understand why.

I have never believed for a second that KC kept her pregnancy secret for 7 months from her Mom, not at all.

Here is why: in Kio's interview she claims that that KC was going to let her adopt the baby, but Cindy wouldn't let KC give the Baby up. This sounded like it occurred much, much earlier in the stages of pregnancy and not so far into it, i.e. 3rd trimester.

She couldn't describe her own daughter because her daughter (in her sick mind) was everything SHE is and she believes she is all that is good and true and just in this world.. always someones victim. She never let Casey be anything or feel anything if it didn't fit her mold. mo

Very accurate.

I am curious to know why you don't believe kc fits the sociopathic wheel. I know my reasoning was lack of knowledge of her youth and teens but I have given up on getting that info and I am assuming she had trouble covered up by Cindy....I know I should not assume. Was that your reasoning also?

I have never believed for a second that KC kept her pregnancy secret for 7 months from her Mom, not at all.

Here is why: in Kio's interview she claims that that KC was going to let her adopt the baby, but Cindy wouldn't let KC give the Baby up. This sounded like it occurred much, much earlier in the stages of pregnancy and not so far into it, i.e. 3rd trimester.

All about appearances.....

• Deal with issues internally, keep it in the family
  • Deny externally, deny, deny, deny regardless

But when they checked on her later, she brushed the whole thing off.

She's very good at disassociating and masking IMO. I have seen it in her countless times since this case began. I believe denying her own reality was a pretty routine thing due to her mothers belittling, splitting, blame shifting, violating of boundaries and gaslighting..

All about appearances.....

• Deal with issues internally, keep it in the family
  • Deny externally, deny, deny, deny regardless

Yup! And Blame shift and ATTACK anyone who tries to go against what you are trying to portray.

She's very good at disassociating and masking IMO. I have seen it in her countless times since this case began. I believe denying her own reality was a pretty routine thing due to her mothers belittling, splitting, blame shifting, violating of boundaries and gaslighting..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:woohoo: :clap: :woohoo:

Excellent post!
Cindy and Casey are both narcissists. They are always right and they are always vying for control. Lee is a very angry guy most likely depressed and not just a circumstantial depression. He appears in conflict and unable to discern his feelings from his thoughts. I hope he does what GA did and seeks help.

I feel bad for Lee... the "good child".. expected to fix and deal with the unpleasent things mom can't or won't deal with. George called him "I'm worried about mom- go over there" So it became his job to get what info he could out of his sister. Then his own investigation and pretending to believe his sister when (to me at least) it was obvious he knew she was lying.. then finally he bailed but once Caylee's body was found he came back and even moved back home.. once again left to deal with mommy's emotions. I see Cindy and Lee's relationship as pretty damn close to Emotional incest. It's his job to make mommy happy.

i know this isn't a popular opinion on this thread, but it's mine and i'm sticking to it.
i don't think there is anything mentally wrong w/ casey aside from the sodding obvious - sociopathy, stupidity, and the ever present 'LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!!!!!' disorder she clearly suffers from!
casey anthony murdered her child and it didn't cause her to have a breakdown.
casey anthony drove around w/ the stench of her own baby's body decomposing in the trunk of her car, breathing it in and out, and it didn't cause her to have a breakdown.
casey anthony was in a house surrounded by people 24/7 screaming 'baby killer', hot for her blood and it didn't cause her to have a breakdown.
casey anthony was indicted for killing her own little girl, arrested and jailed and it didn't cause her to have a breakdown.
i don't believe for a nanosecond that a miscarriage would cause her to have a breakdown. i'm very aware of the effects of a miscarriage as i suffered several of them, including twins and even i, w/ all the emotions she lacks, didn't have a breakdown, nor did i feel compelled to murder a tiny child b/c i had suffered a miscarriage.
the upside of being a sociopath and therefore w/o any depth of emotion is that this also includes depression. they don't get depressed, they get the blues... then 8 or 9 minutes pass and they think of something else and cheer up. that's why being imprisoned, as so many have noticed, has had little to zero effect on miss bubbly personality 2009, let alone a breakdown.
i don't even believe she had a miscarriage never mind a breakdown.
i believe she said she had a miscarriage for attention and i believe she claimed to have a breakdown for attention.
this creature accused her own father and brother of indulging in incestuious behaviour towards her ... for attention (nothing more than the aforementioned 'LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!!!!! disorder)
in perspective - a miscarriage and a mild breakdown are pretty small fish as lies for attention go in caseyland.

incidentally i'm not one of those posters who believe she's bipolar either. bipolars seem to me to be very deep, creative, sensitive and intelligent people.
hardly a description of casey.

i really don't want to argue w/ anyone (i've got the flu so if you bash me you're picking on a defenceless 5ft woman!) i just posted to get it off my last nerve, err i mean chest.

Originally posted by eddeva
bipolars seem to me to be very deep, creative, sensitive and intelligent people.

I believe this description of a bi-polar sufferer is true when that person is being monitored and medicated properly/appropriately. Without intervention they are often from one side of the spectrum to the other without any real ability towards balance.

You bring up interesting points about everything she has been through not causing a breakdown.

Anyway, I'm not replying to argue any of your points. Hope you feel better!

Why do people think she would go to a dr for a "miscarriage" when she didnt even go to the dr until 7-8 MONTHS pregnant with Caylee? I dont really think she had one, I think it was drama for Brandon blowing her off and she couldnt understand why.

I haven't read ahead to see if anyone responded to this yet or not, but for me, it's a totally different scenario.

Admitting you're pregnant and there's about to be a baby especially when you're young and unmarried is HUGE. At the time she had the miscarriage, she was an adult with some sort of medical coverage and the implications of not seeking some sort of medical advice (at the very least) after a miscarriage could potentially be severe. And I'm pretty sure she knows that. She managed to live a complete lie for 2 years. I'm certain she could have sneaked in a dr.'s appt without her parents knowing. A baby she would have had to produce at some point, but there's no reason she couldn't have kept a miscarriage and dr's appt hidden.

OLG...good insight..Yeah, maybe Cindy pulled Lee back in with her "neediness". I have seen men completely give up their own identity whenever they are involved with a narcissist. The amount of control they have over these men amazes me. They choose co-dependent types and these men defend the narcissist till the death. IMO, Cindy could never live alone. She had raised Lee to depend on her and he must have fought it .... and partnered with Casey for protection. Definitely conflicted with his feelings. This man should have left the fold years ago and moved far away...he may have stayed for Casey's sake...don't know.

I haven't read ahead to see if anyone responded to this yet or not, but for me, it's a totally different scenario.

Admitting you're pregnant and there's about to be a baby especially when you're young and unmarried is HUGE. At the time she had the miscarriage, she was an adult with some sort of medical coverage and the implications of not seeking some sort of medical advice (at the very least) after a miscarriage could potentially be severe. And I'm pretty sure she knows that. She managed to live a complete lie for 2 years. I'm certain she could have sneaked in a dr.'s appt without her parents knowing. A baby she would have had to produce at some point, but there's no reason she couldn't have kept a miscarriage and dr's appt hidden.

Considering she wasn't working I doubt she had any type of medical coverage. Which now that I think about it could be the reason she didn't seek medical attention. Any bills that came in Cindy would possibly read and understand (knowing procedure codes and diagnosis coding). At the very least I would expect Cindy to have an ICD-9 coding book within her reach either at home or work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back