Casey's jailhouse account in the red by 41 dollars!

I wonder if Cindy would have deposited that money so quickly had the news story, about Casey's account being dry, not been reported.

I wonder the same thing. I almost think the media should shut up about what she doesn't have in her account LOL. CA doesn't want anyone to think poor Casey is going without *barf*:sick:

I wonder if Cindy would have deposited that money so quickly had the news story, about Casey's account being dry, not been reported.

And where did she come up with all the money, for that matter? I mean, if HE doesn't have a job, and SHE doesn't have a job... zero plus zero equals... $140? I don't get it.

And where did she come up with all the money, for that matter? I mean, if HE doesn't have a job, and SHE doesn't have a job... zero plus zero equals... $140? I don't get it.
It was from the big re-finance, don'tcha' know?

--------------------------
Here they go again,bailing her out for their public image! It is sickening.
Makes one wonder what the H%!! they will do when she goes to prison.:banghead:

I'm telling you they have money stashed somewhere. Remember the pictures of Caylee? Where did that money go? They sure didn't put any of it towards their house payments, and BC is working pro-bono.

I'm telling you they have money stashed somewhere. Remember the pictures of Caylee? Where did that money go? They sure didn't put any of it towards their house payments, and BC is working pro-bono.

Some kind WS members yesterday explained for me and provided links re the money. The large sum of money for Caylees pics was paid to Casey and has been funding her defense until recently. The Anthony's may have received $20 000 from a separate deal for themselves and given their circumstances that wouldn't have gone far.

Casey Anthony was sentenced to 412 days time served. Should Casey be free from murder charges, she would be under one year of supervised probation. So, she would not be in jail still.

Attorney Jose Baez asked the court to give Anthony credit for time served and place her on probation in the check case. The judge agreed that Anthony already has spent more time in jail than any sentence she could receive in the check case.

How about writing bad checks? How many counts were there????? If she was not in jail awaiting trial chances are she would be serving time. Then there were the charges of lying to the police, child neglect and whatever other charges were filed against her all of which she would have gone to trial for already had she not been awaiting trial for murder. jmo

She has six felony convictions, and they were not really over bad checks. They were for check fraud, she "borrowed" her friends checkbook and wrote checks on that account.

Tidbit of info: Based on other cases similar to hers, Judge Strickland treated Casey Anthony a lot harder than other first and second time offenders.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...encing-record-hints-at-whats-ahead-today.html

WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone has consistently taken original routes to exploring the case, and you’ll often find the most interesting material in his reports. Last night, he studied Strickland’s sentencing record by focusing on 24 defendants who pled to charges similar to those faced by Anthony.

Pretty ironic considering several of her felonies are over bad checks! Shame on the jail for allowing this.

She is in a cell the size of a bathroom, and this is an easy stay according to the cellmate who gave the interview. Maya (sp?) said regular prison is much harder. She is not having a good time. HOWEVER, humans do adjust, but I dont' care what you say, they are in cells and the cells are small and it is not a life anyone wants.

ITA--I never thought about how hard it would be to live in a cell until I got in one (not as an inmate, a tourist at Alcatraz and the West Virgnina Penitentiary). I'm sure her cell is nicer than those but the size---yikes! As soon as I walked into a cell I wanted out...and that was with the door open. She is eating and sleeping next to a toilet. It's like living in a bathroom, it's disgusting.

She is not enjoying one minute in there.

IMO

This is my 1st post but I have been keeping up with this case from the beginning...I thought I had read that CA was receiving some sort of "disability" check and this would be how she is funding ICA jail account.

This is my 1st post but I have been keeping up with this case from the beginning...I thought I had read that CA was receiving some sort of "disability" check and this would be how she is funding ICA jail account.

WELCOME!

:dance::dance:

Some kind WS members yesterday explained for me and provided links re the money. The large sum of money for Caylees pics was paid to Casey and has been funding her defense until recently. The Anthony's may have received $20 000 from a separate deal for themselves and given their circumstances that wouldn't have gone far.

re bbm

what "circumstances"? Their lawyer works for free. They don't pay their mortgage, and even if they did, the payments are less than renting a small apartment. If by "circumstances" you mean "cruises" and "tattoos", then ok.

JMO

She has six felony convictions, and they were not really over bad checks. They were for check fraud, she "borrowed" her friends checkbook and wrote checks on that account.

Tidbit of info: Based on other cases similar to hers, Judge Strickland treated Casey Anthony a lot harder than other first and second time offenders.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...encing-record-hints-at-whats-ahead-today.html

WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone has consistently taken original routes to exploring the case, and you’ll often find the most interesting material in his reports. Last night, he studied Strickland’s sentencing record by focusing on 24 defendants who pled to charges similar to those faced by Anthony.

Well that's what I meant and the fraud is even worse. I think Strickland was justified in a harsher sentence considering she rode it out until the absolute last minute then pleaded. Considering what she put Amy through Casey should have gotten worse.

Maybe she should have been more forthcoming regarding the facts surrounding Caylee's disappearance. Maybe she shouldn't have waited 31 days to let the cat out of the bag that her daughter was missing. Maybe she shouldn't have lied to LE, or sent them on a wild goose chase when they were searching for Zanny and Caylee. If she is innocent - and if she cooperated, maybe she wouldn't be in the position she's in. She put herself in that jail cell. The circumstances were suspicious from the beginning, and frankly - she didn't help matters or herself by lying. If she doesn't belong in that cell - why not come out with THE TRUTH? What's she got to loose? She's sitting in an air conditioned private cell. She gets three meals a day and all the snacks she can purchase from the free money people deposit into her jail account. She gets to lay around and read all day, listen to her radio, write letters, day dream, etc. She doesn't have to go to work everyday. She may not be free, but the treatment she is receiving isn't exactly cruel. She should be thankful that our country doesn't believe in "eye for an eye" type punishment. Cruel is what happened to Caylee.

Welcome rleedep!

I could be wrong, but I had read that the disability through Gentiva had run its course. If it hasn't, it should. There is absolutely no reason why CA and GA can't work - but I can believe CA can't FIND work......she has exposed herself as a liar and as someone who does not live in the "real world".....who would hire her???

I find it interesting that the public funds have dried up. Obviously the public exposure of those who have sent their love letters to KC with $$$$ would stop a few people from donating.....guess some people undestand the concept of SHAME.......

bbm: I see your point rossva, but I think where you and I differ in our perspective is that perhaps in the other cases cited, the defendants pled out right-away, admitted their wrongdoing, and were sentenced accordingly. KC lied, she stonewalled, all while her daughter was allegedly kidnapped, she refused to cooperate with the kidnapping investigation, she refused to acknowledge her wrongdoing immediately in the check cases, etc., you get my drift.....her situation was perhaps somewhat more "criminal" than the others and despite being her first offense....it was felt that a stiffer sentence would be appropriate. I believe circumstances have everything to do with sentencing. The routine check charges for the other first time offenders referenced in the research by Pipitone probably were not concurrent with those offenders being investigated for the murder of their daughter. Judges have discretion for precisely these situations - and I personally am glad that Strickland sentenced her harshly. It "felt" appropriate to me, one of the "People" vs. Casey Marie Anthony........

FYI, I too am a Florida resident (assuming that is what you meant by being one of the "people".

However, of the other check fraud first timers Judge Strickland sentenced to way less than Casey Anthony 14 had prior felony convictions and the other four were convicted of more serious charges or had a minor criminal history. So, even bringing in the things Casey is alledged to have done, the others had been convicted of other crimes, and still given lessor sentences.

bbm: I see your point rossva, but I think where you and I differ in our perspective is that perhaps in the other cases cited, the defendants pled out right-away, admitted their wrongdoing, and were sentenced accordingly. KC lied, she stonewalled, all while her daughter was allegedly kidnapped, she refused to cooperate with the kidnapping investigation, she refused to acknowledge her wrongdoing immediately in the check cases, etc., you get my drift.....her situation was perhaps somewhat more "criminal" than the others and despite being her first offense....it was felt that a stiffer sentence would be appropriate. I believe circumstances have everything to do with sentencing. The routine check charges for the other first time offenders referenced in the research by Pipitone probably were not concurrent with those offenders being investigated for the murder of their daughter. Judges have discretion for precisely these situations - and I personally am glad that Strickland sentenced her harshly. It "felt" appropriate to me, one of the "People" vs. Casey Marie Anthony........

FYI, I too am a Florida resident (assuming that is what you meant by being one of the "people".

However, of the other check fraud first timers Judge Strickland sentenced to way less than Casey Anthony 14 had prior felony convictions and the other four were convicted of more serious charges or had a minor criminal history. So, even bringing in the things Casey is alledged to have done, the others had been convicted of other crimes, and still given lessor sentences.

I have no problem with the way JS sentenced Casey. She stole from a lot more people than just Amy. Just because her family didn't have the strength to file charges against her, doesn't mean she isn't a cold-hearted thief! She stole from her ailing grandfathers account that pays for his medical care!.

I don't feel sorry for Casey. I could care less if she is a first time offender and she got a harsher punishment than other first time offenders because she is only a first time offender paper wise even though in all reality she is a repeat offender. I would even call her a career criminal with how many scams she has gotten away with and how much money she has been able to obtain. Making fake deposit slips... What would have stopped her from stealing someone else's identity? She was well on her way!

My opinion would be no.

She hadn't made any efforts since last May, I believe it was, so why suddenly now?
Publicity.
MOO :cow:
Some days I feel like we're being Punk'd. Like this is a bad sad reality show and the players all vie (vye?) for the cameras/papers/news' attention.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon123123
Back