Caylee Anthony General Discussion thread #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
TP wrote the bond for LP. They will have to settle it between themselves. Certain conditions can get a bond revoked.

I do not think if the immunity deal is a blanket immunity deal. I think it's a LWOP for the recovery of Caylee vs. DP if she doesn't cooperate. Either way they are stacking the evidence so she can either fess up , give us Caylee and get LWOP or risk going to trial and getting DP. Which in Florida we like to use--especially regarding children.

No No No. Respectfully, an immunity deal is not a plea deal. Immunity deals are concerned with how testimony or evidence coming from the defendant will be used. LE is now putting all of their evidence out there -- that they have gotten without Casey's help. They are identifying their evidence vs what evidence they may first learn from Casey.

There's "blanket immunity" -- you won't be prosecuted for any crime connected with your evidence.

There's "Limited immunity" also known as "use immunity" -- you won't be prosecuted for evidence that originates with you but LE reserves the right to prosecute for evidence LE independently discovers.

A PLEA DEAL -- decides what the plea will be to each charge -- guilty, not guilty or Nolo Contendre (No contest). A plea deal generally also nails down the maximum penalty for which the defendant may be sentenced. For example, if the maximum allowable punishment is the death sentence, they may agree to an LWOP -- Life Without the Possibility of Parole or something like 25 years with credit for "good time."

So, an IMMUNITY deal only addresses evidence and prosecution flowing from evidence that flows from Casey originally. It does not limit them from using their own evidence, going for maximum charges based on their own evidence and going for a maximum allowable punishment (penalty) based on their own evidence.

This will be a repeat for a lot of you--but bear with me cause the server has been overloaded and I want this to be read by all our posters.

I want to make sure you all read this!

I also wanted to take a moment to say something to ALL THE POSTERS HERE: Every single one of you despite these horrible circumstances that brought us together, has given me so much faith in how truly giving, wonderful, caring and determined we all are despite our differences to see justice done for the victims that have no voice. We are their voice and we may argue, laugh, cry and despair but we are all united in this one thing. I have grown immensely, learned immeasurably and found things within myself that have been dormant far too long. I thank each and every one of you for that. Carry on the good work and thankyou for being here.

LOL--I swear that's the last time I'll post it!!!:blowkiss:

Is Casey allowed to watch the news? Do you think she is watching the news?

I'm so caught up in this. I have so many other things I could be doing but here I sit. It's a good thing I don't live across the Anthony's house cause I'd be staring out the window 24/7 lol! I wish I knew what's going on there now.

Me too, Katie. I posted earlier that sharing this with all the sleuthers has been the only salvation during this horrible case.

:blowkiss: to all sleuthers!

And I too agree.. I am new to WS but I enjoy the open discussions and the people here have been nice. I dont get to post as fast and good as others, but it feels good to know there are others who feel the same frustrations as I. ROCK on WS!

Did LP just say that it's time for TP to grow up and that HE has to make the decision? I swear that was what he said after he said it was up to TP about whether to revoke her bond or not.
That's what I thought he said too....strange comment!

Let's entertain the idea that we were without ANY knowledge of this case.. In front of the EVIDENCE..

Casey has told a million lies... not JUST about this, but rather about everything. She is a pathalogical liar.

Her daughter is missing.

She did NOT tell ANYONE about her daughters disappearance.

GP smell abandoned car. "Smells like a dead body.."

NO HELP to police from Casey..

2 cadaver Dogs hit on areas in back yard..

Trunk of car AIR has tested positive for SOMEONES decomposition..

NO FURTHER STATEMENTS FROM CASEY to LE..

They have offered her a deal because it would be VERY difficult to prove INTENT of murder of this poor little girl. Look at logic.. there is no body, no crime scene.. no intent..

The most I believe she could be convicted on is 2nd degree murder. Worst case scanario....

disposal of a body

Lying to LE

Child Neglect

Everything is REALLY circumstantial.. if you look at it through the eyes of the law.

We need her to plea...because she will never tell the full truth..
:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

IMHO

LOL right when your through typing a post with deep thoughts. Busy board all the info is flipping the server.

A lot of boards like this (including with this same set-up) turn it to "registered" viewers for very limited high peak times because of this. This place is going to be impossible to get on when even bigger things happen in the case at the rate it's been going :crazy:

Me too, Katie. I posted earlier that sharing this with all the sleuthers has been the only salvation during this horrible case.

:blowkiss: to all sleuthers!

Tracy: I've said all along my gut tells me she is alive. I have a very hollow (spelling?) feel in my chest. It affects me so much. I don't even have words anymore.

My previous post:

I love my new Avatar, but I also don't like it at the moment. I am reaching here but I want to view this as God is watching over her here, not there. This is just gut wrenching. How can any human being do this?

I just don't understand, as a mother, how this could happen. I get frustrated with my daughter and she can be very trying for us at times. We scold her, but right after doing so, I want to hug her. We haven't slept in 2 weeks through the night because my daughter wants to come in our bed and be with us. We are tired and frustrated and try to deal with it, but even with that. I go into her room after she finally falls asleep and I kiss her face at least 10 times (without trying to wake her up of course!). They try your patience but never to this point. I just can't understand; it's such an unconditional love; how does that just go away.

I have been living this for weeks with all of you. I can't sleep, I dream about Caylee, I get up thinking of her and go to bed thinking of her.

I feel bad for him too. I think he is hurt, he too is realizing that precious Caylee is dead.

I noticed that in his face as well today. I stilll believe he came for media exposure but in my heart I do feel a little bad for the dude. IMO it is time to pack up and go.

I'm so caught up in this. I have so many other things I could be doing but here I sit. It's a good thing I don't live across the Anthony's house cause I'd be staring out the window 24/7 lol! I wish I knew what's going on there now.

I hear ya! There's a pair of mittens on the needles that I hope to have finished before the snow flies....but it's really hard to 'net and knit at the same time!

I do not think if the immunity deal is a blanket immunity deal. I think it's a LWOP for the recovery of Caylee vs. DP if she doesn't cooperate. Either way they are stacking the evidence so she can either fess up , give us Caylee and get LWOP or risk going to trial and getting DP. Which in Florida we like to use--especially regarding children.

I'm not generally a supporter of the death penalty but do make an acception when it comes to children. They should be protected and avenged at all costs.

But I do think GiGi that Life without parole is sooooo much worse than the death penalty. There is no end to your misery that way. Casey would have to suffer for YEARS on end in a jail cell, growing old and becoming institutionalized. Did you see her after only 30 some odd days? She looked 100 years old when she got out.

I've always thought that LWOP is the best punishment for offenders like Casey.

SHE SHOULD ROT THERE! imho

They just said on NG that Casey has a meeting yet again with Jose tomorrow. They said this could be a deal in the works.

No No No. Respectfully, an immunity deal is not a plea deal. Immunity deals are concerned with how testimony or evidence coming from the defendant will be used. LE is now putting all of their evidence out there -- that they have gotten without Casey's help. They are identifying their evidence vs what evidence they may first learn from Casey.

There's "blanket immunity" -- you won't be prosecuted for any crime connected with your evidence.

There's "Limited immunity" also known as "use immunity" -- you won't be prosecuted for evidence that originates with you but LE reserves the right to prosecute for evidence LE independently discovers.

A PLEA DEAL -- decides what the plea will be to each charge -- guilty, not guilty or Nolo Contendre (No contest). A plea deal generally also nails down the maximum penalty for which the defendant may be sentenced. For example, if the maximum allowable punishment is the death sentence, they may agree to an LWOP -- Life Without the Possibility of Parole or something like 25 years with credit for "good time."

So, an IMMUNITY deal only addresses evidence and prosecution flowing from evidence that flows from Casey originally. It does not limit them from using their own evidence, going for maximum charges based on their own evidence and going for a maximum allowable punishment (penalty) based on their own evidence.

Okay--so if I'm to understand your explanation-- should Casey provide them with the location of Caylee's body--they can use all the evidence they've gathered up until the discovery of said body. However, they will still need to connect the dots to the body without Casey's statement and cannot use her statement against her. If I'm wrong then please correct me as I'm willing to glean any information and education regarding the law.

TP wrote the bond for LP. They will have to settle it between themselves. Certain conditions can get a bond revoked.

I think that's why LP said TP needs to grow up and make the decision to revoke. A couple of days ago TP said on his thread that yes, he could, revoke the bond. I say GO FOR IT!

Yep, IIRC, that's what he said; except he said ...make a decision like that, which I took to mean revoking his bond. I must add that, IMHO, LP looks somewhat defeated, and I can't say I blame him. I can't imagine what the atmosphere will be like in that house tonight. I still believe the safest place for KC tonight is back in jail. Pls don't misinterpret -- I'm not the least bit concerned for her safety, but I don't want to see anyone else provoked into doing something else that can't be undone.

Thanks to those who confirmed what I heard!

I just thought it was very odd the way he said that TP needed to "grow up" and "make the decision" :confused: I wonder if they're suddenly not on the same page or something. The wording just seemed very odd, especially since he had already said several times that the decision was up to TP.

Did LP just say that it's time for TP to grow up and that HE has to make the decision? I swear that was what he said after he said it was up to TP about whether to revoke her bond or not.

Yes. That's what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member