Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did say he wanted to press charges on the report. I don't think they were actively looking for missing gas cans either, but I bet LE was more vigilant in the area after the theft was reported. It would have been nice if at some time he did call back and use the same story he used with the public. I mean he is ex-LE afterall.
I meant he probably didn't want to press charges against Casey.
I think it would have been nice too, but if I am honest with myself, I know I wouldn't contact LE again and waste anymore of their time. I would let it go.

on the cryptic site..?? she was with 2 other girls .. she was in the middle i think.. can see her teeth very well.. and haircut..

Thanks. I thought that *might* be her with two other girls, all in black. But it was really hard to tell. I sure wouldn't testify to it. ;)

ETA: The Bebo site

I got a definite feeling there was something hinky with George telling Greta on national tv how Casey brought those back on the 24th.

I mean, why even bring that up? It was either a lie so he could state that the car didn't smell like decomp on that date. OR a lie to state that he'd seen Casey on that date - which had never been mentioned, prior to him being interviewed by Greta.

But I really think he got those cans back, when they picked that car up from being impounded, on the 15th of July.

I believe that also. Unfortunately, at this point, there is no way to prove otherwise. Even if Casey ratted him out, he isn't expecting anyone to believe her after all the lies she's already been caught in. I think they are beginning to use her lies to their benefit.

I got a definite feeling there was something hinky with George telling Greta on national tv how Casey brought those back on the 24th.

I mean, why even bring that up? It was either a lie so he could state that the car didn't smell like decomp on that date. OR a lie to state that he'd seen Casey on that date - which had never been mentioned, prior to him being interviewed by Greta.

But I really think he got those cans back, when they picked that car up from being impounded, on the 15th of July.

If George was lying - why not just say he saw Caylee that day too? But he did ask Casey and Casey told him Caylee was with the .... Nanny.

wow liz and liltigress.. if the cans were in there that long and le went by car and smelt some decomp it must of been really bad.. and for cindy to say it also on the 911 call the 3rd time.. jmo

Thanks. I thought that *might* be her with two other girls, all in black. But it was really hard to tell. I sure wouldn't testify to it. ;)

ETA: The Bebo site

Where is the photo? I looked on the page, and I didn't see anything.

I meant he probably didn't want to press charges against Casey.
I think it would have been nice too, but if I am honest with myself, I know I wouldn't contact LE again and waste anymore of their time. I would let it go.

Given that he and Cindy have been the main financial providers for Casey and Caylee, any charges pressed would probably have meant that the financial burden of court costs and such would have eventually fallen back on George and Cindy... so it probably just wasn't worth the financial struggle.

I know .... sorry. This case has more legs than an octopus!

MommaD - that pic that you saw on that site of Casey ... was she alone in the pic or with others? Black dress? I couldn't even tell that anyone looked like her.
Just joshing with you!

Given that he and Cindy have been the main financial providers for Casey and Caylee, any charges pressed would probably have meant that the financial burden of court costs and such would have eventually fallen back on George and Cindy... so it just wasn't worth the financial struggle.
OTOH, I suppose she could have paid restitution from her earnings as an event coordinator.

I totally agree with you Elphaba.

Your question is whether or not Cindy suspected Casey of stealing the gas cans? Probably yes. Apparently, she had done so in the past. Further, Casey had rung up phone bills, spent a lot of money on credit cards, etc in the recent past. They had a huge fight on June 15th and there were issues about the "right time for Casey to move out" according to Cindy. So, perhaps the parents were drawing a line. They don't return her phone calls. It appears as if they are going to try to refuse to be patsies and participate in Casey's bullying and drama. So, when the shed is broken open and the gas cans disappear -- George calls LE and reports the theft. George tells Cindy. Cindy called Casey and told her. Casey shows up with the gas cans, but is adamant about not letting George open the trunk -- so maybe the trunk did smell then (or maybe not) but the gas cans were in the trunk. Why did George make up the rouse about the tire chocks, but to gain access to the trunk?

I agree Themis. I think George did just make up that story re: tire chocks. I think he demanded Casey open the trunk because he knew she had stolen them. I imagine she was pretty defiant, as seems her personality.

I wouldn't bother to call LE if I foud out my gas cans were stolen by my child. he was certainly not going to press charges and I highly doubt that LE was actively investigating the theft. I think it was a non issue. If LE called me I would let them know, but I would not call them back otherwise. So I don't have a probelm with that story.
Just a quick comment at "pressing charges." This is a common myth and that term is heard all the time. However, witnesses only make a report to LE. LE compiles and investigates, gathers other evidence and other witness statements and forwards to th office of the prosecuting attorney. ONLY the State's Attorney (District Attorney on the west coast) has the prosecutorial discretion to continue the prosecution through the grand jury process or the "information" process -- known as "pressing charges." This is solely the discretion of the government's prosecuting attorney. Witnesses and victims cannot "press charges."

What if Casey hid the body in the playhouse? The dogs alerted near the playhouse. Does the playhouse have a plastic floor? Are the floor panels removable from inside the playhouse?

I've been thinking that if Casey left Caylee outside overnight, there would be a strong possibility that those 2 little dogs in the house would go crazy when they went out to do their business.

A couple of months ago we had a 2 month old kitten die and I had to bury him (?) myself because no one else was here.
First off, it was very difficult for me to dig very far, it took quite some time.
THEN!!------ That beautiful pup you see at the top of my post, tried not once but twice to dig his friend up.:eek:

I'll bet Caylee and those dogs loved each other. If they sniffed her out, and they would, it would have been pandamonium there.

Anyhow, the playhouse should have a plastic floor and removeable but not simple for someone like Casey to disassemble.

Just a quick comment at "pressing charges." This is a common myth and that term is heard all the time. However, witnesses only make a report to LE. LE compiles and investigates, gathers other evidence and other witness statements and forwards to th office of the prosecuting attorney. ONLY the State's Attorney (District Attorney on the west coast) has the prosecutorial discretion to continue the prosecution through the grand jury process or the "information" process -- known as "pressing charges." This is solely the discretion of the government's prosecuting attorney. Witnesses and victims cannot "press charges."
Yes of course. But , at least around here, the victim's stand on the issue can*sometimes* sway the DA to press charges or drop it. I've seen it many times. But you are absolutely correct.

ETA: I should also say when people throw the term pressing charge around it can mean(inaccurately) calling the police and having them write up a report. I know that is not what it means, but people use it anyway. For example, we had a boy in the school that got kicked around by some older boys at school. The minute the student said *I want to press charges* the school was required to call LE instead of handling it internally.

If George was lying - why not just say he saw Caylee that day too? But he did ask Casey and Casey told him Caylee was with the .... Nanny.
I personally think he was covering his own *advertiser censored** at that point. I think there may have been a reason why LE posted that burglary report.

Well it states he was willing to prosecute...not that he would actually pursue it. You can read the report:

http://www.ocso.com/Default.aspx?tabid=547

Yes of course. But , at least around here, the victim's stand on the issue can*sometimes* sway the DA to press charges or drop it. I've seen it many times. But you are absolutely correct.

ETA: I should also say when people throw the term pressing charge around it can mean(inaccurately) calling the police and having them write up a report. I know that is not what it means, but people use it anyway. For example, we had a boy in the school that got kicked around by some older boys at school. The minute the student said *I want to press charges* the school was required to call LE instead of handling it internally.
Which makes me wonder if GP knew all along that it was Casey and was getting pretty fed up with her antics.

Did you watch the bond hearing, JB?

Well my refresh button is getting a little sore from tonight's excitement, so I'm calling it a night.

Sweet dreams Caylee :blowkiss:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, hard to keep up with everything here, but do we know why Casey had the gas cans from the shed? Did she steal them for the gas to put in her car or do we suspect to burn evidence? I have not seen anything other than they were found in her trunk.

Which makes me wonder if GP knew all along that it was Casey and was getting pretty fed up with her antics.

Did you watch the bond hearing, JB?

I wonder the same RR0004. I have a feeling GP had reached his limit with Casey's lying, stealing ways.

In my opinion, the Anthonys were trying to draw some boundaries with Casey. The boundaries included what was their property -- like the gas cans, shed, credit cards, etc. It might also have include defining responsibilities such as it was Casey's primary duty to look after
Caylee -- not Cindy's or George's. They also discussed "the right time for Casey to move out" or words to that effect. So, they started making LE reports when Casey just took their stuff without permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther