Charles Manson Rushed to Hospital/Dies at 83 Years of Age

While I don't wish death on anyone, it's just a relief that this guy is no longer out there spreading his "beliefs" and manipulating people. The crimes he and his cohorts committed were abominable and shocking and as long as he was alive, we were forced to remember them. The thorn in our collective psyche is finally gone. Peace to the surviving family of the victims.

Meh. More garbage. Dump its worthless body in the sea and close up his cell.

That is so unfair to the innocent sea creatures. Just cremate him, he will not notice, he's probably already burning.

Just more sadness. I feel sorrow. It was all such a waste, such meaningless waste. I have never, and will never, understand how these middle class young people could be convinced to perpetrate such horrific crimes - unless it was always within them to do so.

Seriously, Charles Manson was the abandoned, illegitimate child of a prostitute and a John who spent more than half his life incarcerated before he met up with these kids and he was able to make them reject all social and moral teachings as well as have them suspend the laws of physics by believing that he flew a bus over a ravine.

What kind of person would believe such a thing and do such things as they did? They were bad before he met them. And, he killed no one. They did.

Could anyone convince you to slaughter a bunch of people? No. Manson laughed at how gullible and easy to control they were. He was an ex-con after all. Without them, none of these people would have been killed and Manson would have harmlessly continued to spiral into mental illness alone in the desert.

He is a product, not created this way. I will pray for mercy on his soul.

JMHO and not a fan of Manson's. Just seeing it from my perspective.

I agree.

He was in and out of the justice system since he was a kid. At one point his mother sold him for beer.

Not defending his actions - just noting that he was doomed from the start.

Will his body be claimed by any of his children?

Will his body be claimed by any of his children?

Charles Manson’s Children: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

... He leaves behind a large family, including three sons who are “officially” recognized as his. Charles Manson himself once said he wasn’t sure how many children he really had, since he could have fathered quite a few children that he didn’t know about. (snip) However, three sons have been “officially” regarded as his children, and a possible daughter also claims the family name.

Agree. While also not defending him, I truly believe Manson did not have a moment of sanity, clear sanity, in his entire adult life.
I agree.

He was in and out of the justice system since he was a kid. At one point his mother sold him for beer.

Not defending his actions - just noting that he was doomed from the start.

Just more sadness. I feel sorrow. It was all such a waste, such meaningless waste. I have never, and will never, understand how these middle class young people could be convinced to perpetrate such horrific crimes - unless it was always within them to do so.

Seriously, Charles Manson was the abandoned, illegitimate child of a prostitute and a John who spent more than half his life incarcerated before he met up with these kids and he was able to make them reject all social and moral teachings as well as have them suspend the laws of physics by believing that he flew a bus over a ravine.

What kind of person would believe such a thing and do such things as they did? They were bad before he met them. And, he killed no one. They did.

Could anyone convince you to slaughter a bunch of people? No. Manson laughed at how gullible and easy to control they were. He was an ex-con after all. Without them, none of these people would have been killed and Manson would have harmlessly continued to spiral into mental illness alone in the desert.

He is a product, not created this way. I will pray for mercy on his soul.

JMHO and not a fan of Manson's. Just seeing it from my perspective.

While I do believe that the man was insane, the "eyes" have it, along with the rare interview, however, that doesn't mean that he wasn't smart in the ways of the world. He had to be, with his upbringing. He formed a cult and he knew how to lock some folks in (not everyone stuck around).

Jim Jones, got over 600 people to follow him. He ordered the murder of his own flock, and, as a result, 638 adults, and 276 children died. 276 children were murdered, when parents gave their own children, cyanide-laced kool aid. Had Jim not decided to blow his brains out, he'd have the same charge as Charlie, murder-by-proxy.

Yet, Charlie, and his "family", have stayed in the news for decades. I think that it may have been b/c this was one the first of these kinds of murders, to come into our living room on the nightly news, and just freakin' shocked the Hell out of us. Manson managed to get into these folk's heads, and you could tell the dude wasn't much over 5'0 tall, weighed maybe a buck ten, soaking wet, and was bat***** crazy; something out of a nightmare. In addition, the Labiancas were grocers, we could relate them, to someone we likely knew, or were, just sitting at home, minding their own.

At the end of the day, I too, hope his soul was right.

I can't bring myself to root for the man's death.

Since I heard he was in hospital, I was checking the news numerous times a day. When I checked the news this morning and saw that he had finally died, I did a fist pump.

Oh gosh.
How many of the Family members are actually in jail still?
Most have either passed away or were released.
I know Leslie is out on parole now.

Leslie isn't out yet. The governor has to agree.

The decision is now going through a 120-day review period before going to Gov. Brown for final determination. Brown overturned last year’s recommendation based on his belief that “she remains an unacceptable risk to society if released.”

http://www.dailynews.com/2017/11/16/former-manson-follower-leslie-van-houten-has-earned-parole/

Charles Manson: Where will he be buried or cremated?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42064134

Charles Manson, the infamous US cult leader who inspired a wave of savage murders in the 1960s, is dead. And now the question is - what should happen to his body?

Authorities in California will be seeking a solution that balances the practicalities with respect for his victims' families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back