Chloroform in the trunk of caseys car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, isn't Grandma a nurse? Would she have had a way to bring something like that home?

There have been many murders with cloroform, if so Casey will be facing 1st degree murder charges soon.

OK Wait what? I missed the broadcast so they are saying chloraform was definately found in casey's car and that she has researched it on the computer???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroform

The major use of chloroform today is in the production of the refrigerant R-22, commonly used in the air conditioning business. However, as the Montreal Protocol takes effect, this use can be expected to decline as R-22 is replaced by refrigerants that are less liable to result in ozone depletion. In addition, it is used under research conditions to anesthetize mosquitoes for experiments, most frequently for the study of malaria. In film and television, it is sometimes used in a fictional manner to knock out an unsuspecting victim, leaving no trace.

Did she know anyone in the a/c business?

wesh2news is reporting. no link yet. I'm sure it will be there soon. Local 6 and Fox are NOT reporting this. I think BOB KEALING got the exclusive, I guess. Just like with John Allen's comments Saturday.

OMG - This just gets worse and worse - I can only pray that this means they are close to finding Caylee -

This does make me believe that Casey had assistance though.....in some form or another (IMO of course).

This is being discussed on the "searchers find evidence thread" as well!

I said yesterday that maybe her google searches had the answer like "how to hide a dead body" but I didn't really think it would be THAT clear. Why would anybody in their innocent right mind search Chloroform...was it to put the nanny to sleep and bring caylee back home safely? (roll eyes)

I heard it on WESH. Lethal? amount found in trunk. Computer hard drive shows someone visited websites about chloroform.

The major use of chloroform today is in the production of the refrigerant R-22, commonly used in the air conditioning business. However, as the Montreal Protocol takes effect, this use can be expected to decline as R-22 is replaced by refrigerants that are less liable to result in ozone depletion. In addition, it is used under research conditions to anesthetize mosquitoes for experiments, most frequently for the study of malaria. In film and television, it is sometimes used in a fictional manner to knock out an unsuspecting victim, leaving no trace.

Did she know anyone in the a/c business?

This is killing me here. R-22, can't it be bought at a CAR PARTS STORE?? For AC units in cars?? I have purchased it in the past when my ex worked on my unit.

OK Wait what? I missed the broadcast so they are saying chloraform was definately found in casey's car and that she has researched it on the computer???

Yes, they said it was found in high levels and verified by 3 sources.

Chloroform, also known as trichloromethane and methyl trichloride, is a chemical compound with formula CHCl3. It does not undergo combustion in air, although it will burn when mixed with more flammable substances. It is a member of a group of compounds known as trihalomethanes. Chloroform has myriad uses as a reagent and a solvent. It is also considered an environmental hazard.

Anesthetic
Chloroform was developed in the mid-1800s and was mainly used as an anesthetic. Inhaling chloroform vapors depresses the central nervous system of a patient, causing dizziness, fatigue and unconsciousness[citation needed], allowing a doctor to perform simple surgery or other otherwise painful operations.

Chloroform Use -

Anesthetic
Chloroform was developed in the mid-1800s and was mainly used as an anesthetic. Inhaling chloroform vapors depresses the central nervous system of a patient, causing dizziness, fatigue and unconsciousness[citation needed], allowing a doctor to perform simple surgery or other otherwise painful operations.

Wiki info:

Inadvertent synthesis of chloroform
The haloform reaction can also occur inadvertently in domestic settings. Sodium hypochlorite solution (chlorine bleach) mixed with common household liquids such as acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, ethanol, or isopropyl alcohol may produce some chloroform, in addition to other compounds such as chloroacetone, or dichloroacetone.

ah treeseeker - so you can make it at home. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member