Chloroform in the trunk of caseys car

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first question would be WHEN were the searches done on the computer. If they were done after she went missing, seems like the grandparents may have some 'splaining to do.

Anybody? Can you just go to the drug store and buy chloroform?

I stand corrected. High levels of chloroform was found in Casey's car trunk.

My first question would be WHEN were the searches done on the computer. If they were done after she went missing, seems like the grandparents may have some 'splaining to do.

Anybody? Can you just go to the drug store and buy chloroform?

I found this...

In the past, chloroform was used as an inhaled anesthetic during surgery, but it isn't used that way today. Today, chloroform is used to make other chemicals and can also be formed in small amounts when chlorine is added to water.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts6.html

Interesting. Chlorine would've been handy.

LP was right about being shocked. This is even more heinous than I could have imagined. Maybe it was meant for the whole family as I suspected at one time. Just my IMO

I heard it on WESH. Lethal? amount found in trunk. Computer hard drive shows someone visited websites about chloroform.

That Casey was a busybee when it came to the computer. Making and Sending all those emails to herself to look like she had a job, now searches for choloform, wonder what else the computers have given up about her.

I would say the choloform in the trunk is the evidence that the BH Padilla was talking about when he said something else in the trunk and it would be mind boggling..well if this true, Casey is now looking at premeditated 1st degree murder..no other way to take it at this point. No way you choloform your almost 3 year old by accident.

arghh 2 threads discussing the same thing!!! Can we merge.

LP was right about being shocked. This is even more heinous than I could have imagined. Maybe it was meant for the whole family as I suspected at one time. Just my IMO

Yeah, I'm still creeped out by the whole taking over her parents house thing...yikes.

According to one website, you can make chloroform by mixing bleach and acetone, and the shelf life is two weeks (doesn't sound too difficult.) When and where would she have done this?

OMG..."Sin-dy's" biggest spin is yet to come. So perhaps they used it on the upholstery in the car to remove the pizza/dead squirred smell?

Guess "Zanny" broke into the car, planted the chloroform, broke into the house, did the chloroform searches, and then disappeared.
Watch Nancy Grace tonight to hear Cindy explain the above. :rolleyes:

Wow wow and wow. If used to kill Caylee, that shows this was premeditated for sure. I would like to know where on earth she got chloroform as well.

As an anaesthetic, chloroform is much too slow to be effective. There is no way you could just clap a chloroform-soaked cloth over someone's face and they would immediately go to sleep.
Like most such compounds, chloroform was originally created as a byproduct of chemical research. It was found to have certain useful properties (including anaesthesia) and ways were then developed to produce the material in quantity. It was commonly used as an anaesthetic, a solvent, a fire extinguishing material, and as a chemical reagent for use in synthetic reactions. Its primary use now is as an organic solvent (that's as in organic chemistry, not organic farming... big difference!).
The molecule of chloroform is composed of one H atom and three Cl atoms attached to a single C atom, so it has the molecular formula CHCl3.
Like essentially all such halocarbon molecules (halo- for the halogen atoms like Cl, I, Br, and F, and carbon for...well...carbon), chloroform has been found to have a number of undesirable effects such as being cancer-causing, poisonous, and contributing to smog and the destruction of the ozone layer (it is after all a very reactive material whose use became common before any of these ill effects were realized). As a result, the use of chloroform today is very restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix