Chris Hyndman of Steven and Chris has died

If it's believed that he intentionally jumped from the 6th floor balcony, then I don't understand the position of his body. In this picture, the far left end of the body shows, at least 2 me, 2 feet sticking upright.......indicating he landed on his back, head first (head away from the balcony he fell from). this seems like an odd position for someone who would jump. Also, IMO his body appears a fair ways away from the building (on the left in the picture). I would think that if someone intentionally jumped from a 6th floor balconey, they would land closer to the building, and they would NOT land on their back with head away from the building. I could see them landing on their stomach in this particular orientation, but just not on their back.

http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dy...97732960397_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

I guess ppl are only speculating that he jumped. It's very possible, too, that he died of a sudden heart attack? Not sure where the parking lot is would have been in relationship to their penthouse suite that was 6 feet above, maybe he was returning from his car and had a heart attack?

regardless, it's incredibly sad, I watch both of them some years ago, I loved his infectious laugh and energetic vibe, and his wonderful Newfie accent.

If it's believed that he intentionally jumped from the 6th floor balcony, then I don't understand the position of his body. In this picture, the far left end of the body shows, at least 2 me, 2 feet sticking upright.......indicating he landed on his back, head first (head away from the balcony he fell from). this seems like an odd position for someone who would jump. Also, IMO his body appears a fair ways away from the building (on the left in the picture). I would think that if someone intentionally jumped from a 6th floor balconey, they would land closer to the building, and they would NOT land on their back with head away from the building. I could see them landing on their stomach in this particular orientation, but just not on their back.

http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dy...97732960397_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

I guess ppl are only speculating that he jumped. It's very possible, too, that he died of a sudden heart attack? Not sure where the parking lot is would have been in relationship to their penthouse suite that was 6 feet above, maybe he was returning from his car and had a heart attack?

regardless, it's incredibly sad, I watch both of them some years ago, I loved his infectious laugh and energetic vibe, and his wonderful Newfie accent.

I agree with what you've said. And after looking at the picture and learning it was from the 6th floor I don't believe he intentionally jumped. Maybe he fell backward over a railing?

But to me, if he'd accidentally fallen over the railing, he'd have landed much closer to the building. The pictures show the body lying pretty much exactly in the middle of the alley. Now I'm surely not a physics major but it seems to me if one fell over a railing, they would pretty much go straight down just due to gravity. the only way I can see a body having landed that far away from the building is if someone pushed them extremely forcefully?

Also, wouldn't you expect to see blood somewhere around the body, just from the extreme impact? (pics online don't show any based on the side/head/foot of the body that we can see).

There's a lot of speculation online, on reddit, etc.....that he jumped, and I think a lot of is based on seeing the pics of the cops looking up at the building above..........but I don't think this necessarily means anything. If cops arrive on the scene of a body in an alley and there are no obvious signs of trauma (eg: gunshot/bleeding, stab wounds, etc), naturally they're going to scope out the entire scene which to me would include looking above. He could have just as easily sustained a major sudden heart attack, aortic aneurysm, etc. I guess we'll never know for sure unless it turns out based on LE's investigation that foul play does end up being suspected....... No matter what, truly very sad :(

I agree with what you've said. And after looking at the picture and learning it was from the 6th floor I don't believe he intentionally jumped. Maybe he fell backward over a railing?

I had also noticed what appears to be the feet pointing upward with the body in a supine position. Didn't appear to have arms flung out, no visible blood on surrounding pavement. Can't quite see how someone could have accidentally fallen backwards or forward off that terrace with the railing as high as it is (unless Chris was tippling and doing pirouettes on the railing or something).

That 'alleyway' is also a one-way laneway with road markings and signage, so not a typical dark, out-of-the-way, needle laden alley one might think of when considering a drug deal.

I am so sad about Chris' death. I adored him. He was so funny and such a delight. My condolences go out to Steven, his family, and his friends. He will be truly missed. :'(

For Steven's sake, I hope this is a tragic accident not a suicide.

I am so sad about Chris' death. I adored him. He was so funny and such a delight. My condolences go out to Steven, his family, and his friends. He will be truly missed. :'(

For Steven's sake, I hope this is a tragic accident not a suicide.

Me too. It's heartbreaking to think Chris might have been suffering that much too.

Happens all the time. He's in the age bracket most prone to suicide and the fact that he died on the holiday Monday, the day before returning to work is another big hint. Ask yourself why the press isn't reporting anything new on this story? Because they already know the answer and the press doesn't cover suicide.

Happens all the time. He's in the age bracket most prone to suicide and the fact that he died on the holiday Monday, the day before returning to work is another big hint. Ask yourself why the press isn't reporting anything new on this story? Because they already know the answer and the press doesn't cover suicide.

I hope that is not the case.
I am hoping COD will be announced when they know
He has a huge loyal following

IMO if someone were going to attempt suicide by jumping from a building he or she wouldn't jump from the 6th floor.

Many people experience inner ear imbalances after plane travel, imo. makes you unsteady on your feet..

I feel like if it was anything other than suicide they would say "died accidentally" or "died suddenly". Wouldn't the media would provide the cause of death if it was anything other than suicide? Nobody is talking about it and the police are not investigating. That makes me believe that it was suicide. I mean, unless he was sitting in the alley doing drugs and he OD'd or something. That seems unlikely... but what do I know?

Where he was found bothers me. He was too far from the edge of the building IMO. He was also left on the concrete with the tarp and not in an ambulance right away. Was he alone when this happened? How was he discovered? I read the tweet from the night before about a body discovered in the Queen and Broadview area at 11 pm and was shocked when it was revealed that the body was Chris! I am very familiar with the area and the converted lofts. So sad. He was very talented and I enjoyed his show very much. Condolences to his husband Steven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back