Chris Hyndman of Steven and Chris has died

I feel like if it was anything other than suicide they would say "died accidentally" or "died suddenly". Wouldn't the media would provide the cause of death if it was anything other than suicide? Nobody is talking about it and the police are not investigating. That makes me believe that it was suicide. I mean, unless he was sitting in the alley doing drugs and he OD'd or something. That seems unlikely... but what do I know?

I know what you are saying
I would have expected something more by now
I was Steven's sisters neighbor for several years and met them both many times before their successful careers. Very nice people

Where he was found bothers me. He was too far from the edge of the building IMO. He was also left on the concrete with the tarp and not in an ambulance right away. Was he alone when this happened? How was he discovered? I read the tweet from the night before about a body discovered in the Queen and Broadview area at 11 pm and was shocked when it was revealed that the body was Chris! I am very familiar with the area and the converted lofts. So sad. He was very talented and I enjoyed his show very much. Condolences to his husband Steven.

Would LE have to wait for a medical examiner or coroner before he was moved?
Wouldn't it be considered a suspicious death based on his young age?
I expect an autopsy???

I understand it's a private matter, of course, and I know there is a great deal of stigma around suicide, but after seeing the love and compassion the public showed after Robin Williams' suicide, and the outpouring of love and support here in Toronto I saw when Wade Belak committed suicide, I would hope if that's what happened Chris' loved ones would know it's safe to share his story.

Whatever the cause, RIP Chris.

Would LE have to wait for a medical examiner or coroner before he was moved?
Wouldn't it be considered a suspicious death based on his young age?
I expect an autopsy???

They would cover him up and wait for a coroner, especially if things didn't seem suspicous. There will be an autopsy, I believe it's the law. When my brother passed unexpectedly at 37 my mom didn't want an autopsy, but we were told that in Ontario if you don't die in the hospital, hospice, home hospice situation,have a documented prior medical reason then there is always an autopsy, they need to know cause of death

I had house guests for several days and didn't hear about this til last night.
Have they said who called this in?
I notice police talking to a man in the video.

Chris seemed to be very near the street

Where he was found bothers me. He was too far from the edge of the building IMO. He was also left on the concrete with the tarp and not in an ambulance right away. Was he alone when this happened? How was he discovered? I read the tweet from the night before about a body discovered in the Queen and Broadview area at 11 pm and was shocked when it was revealed that the body was Chris! I am very familiar with the area and the converted lofts. So sad. He was very talented and I enjoyed his show very much. Condolences to his husband Steven.

I'll tell you that a guy jumped from a balcony in the condo above my office. He landed a good 80 feet from the building.

Happens all the time. He's in the age bracket most prone to suicide and the fact that he died on the holiday Monday, the day before returning to work is another big hint. Ask yourself why the press isn't reporting anything new on this story? Because they already know the answer and the press doesn't cover suicide.

Is that typical in Canada, that if a public person commits suicide, it is not published?

IMO if someone were going to attempt suicide by jumping from a building he or she wouldn't jump from the 6th floor.

You aren't going to survive a 6 floor drop on to concrete. Two floors is enough to kill you, above four is a certainty.

Is that typical in Canada, that if a public person commits suicide, it is not published?

Very typical. In this case it will likely be reported given Chris' fame, but for the most part you will never hear anything about it.

Not real sure about that.
He is very loved so it may be hard to keep something quiet.
Also, there will be many rumors if no information comes out

And I understand it is nobody's business except the family.. but he is a loved public person and his fans will want to know whether it is their business or not

I understand it's a private matter, of course, and I know there is a great deal of stigma around suicide, but after seeing the love and compassion the public showed after Robin Williams' suicide, and the outpouring of love and support here in Toronto I saw when Wade Belak committed suicide, I would hope if that's what happened Chris' loved ones would know it's safe to share his story.

Whatever the cause, RIP Chris.

Its kind of a a touchy subject for me because my brother died from suicide at the same age as Chris. You do feel kind of embarrassed talking about it to other people. I've learned to deal with it, mostly because he went out on his own terms. The party was good while it lasted but he just wanted to leave. Maybe this whole secrecy thing kind of adds to the stigma.

Its kind of a a touchy subject for me because my brother died from suicide at the same age as Chris. You do feel kind of embarrassed talking about it to other people. I've learned to deal with it, mostly because he went out on his own terms. The party was good while it lasted but he just wanted to leave. Maybe this whole secrecy thing kind of adds to the stigma.

I lost my niece at seventeen
I hear you
Her family chose to be very open about it and they have been able to help others by fundraising events etc which have aided a teen help line

I tend to believe it was a tragic accident. I wonder if his body was placed the way it was by the first responders? I'm not familiar with proper procedures when arriving at a scene.

I think that Chris would have chosen a more discreet method if he was contemplating suicide.

JMO

Not real sure about that.
He is very loved so it may be hard to keep something quiet.
Also, there will be many rumors if no information comes out

And I understand it is nobody's business except the family.. but he is a loved public person and his fans will want to know whether it is their business or not

It brings to mind the case of Jeff Boucher last year. I'm convinced he committed suicide, and I think the police were convinced as well. But, because his widow didn't want to believe it and because there was no note found, the police ruled it death by misadventure.

In this case, if Chris didn't leave a note, the cops may just rule that he accidentally fell from the balcony just to save the family some pain. Makes no difference to them in the end.

You aren't going to survive a 6 floor drop on to concrete. Two floors is enough to kill you, above four is a certainty.

Six and below if you know what you're doing (from the picture I don't think he landed head first), maybe, but it wouldn't be a certainty. People accidentally fall from higher than that and survive.

I tend to believe it was a tragic accident. I wonder if his body was placed the way it was by the first responders? I'm not familiar with proper procedures when arriving at a scene.

I think that Chris would have chosen a more discreet method if he was contemplating suicide.

JMO

Unfortunately balconies are kind of designed to be accident proof. Sure kids will sometimes climb over the edge and fall, but it is virtually impossible to accidentally fall over the edge unless you are doing something quite stupid. The only case I recall was a woman falling fro the luxury condo at the mouth of the humber river. Apparently she fell while standing on a chair to water a hanging plant. It was later proved that her husband had thrown her over and staged the accident.

JMO

Until I hear differently, I am not going with suicide

However, when people are seriously ill, going through great mental anguish, I don't think discretion comes into play

Unfortunately balconies are kind of designed to be accident proof. Sure kids will sometimes climb over the edge and fall, but it is virtually impossible to accidentally fall over the edge unless you are doing something quite stupid. The only case I recall was a woman falling fro the luxury condo at the mouth of the humber river. Apparently she fell while standing on a chair to water a hanging plant. It was later proved that her husband had thrown her over and staged the accident.

I remember that case

Six and below if you know what you're doing (from the picture I don't think he landed head first), maybe, but it wouldn't be a certainty. People accidentally fall from higher than that and survive.

If you land feet first it won't make a difference, your head will eventually hit the pavement at about 80 mph. And yes people have survived higher falls, but those are generally the result of landing on extremely soft, soaked, marshy ground or by having the speed of the fall slowed by falling through a tree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back