Civil Suit Hearing Tues., 1/6/09 Judge Reprimands Defense Team

Thank you lawlady84 and Amethyst221 for helping with the legal things, especially for wording it so we didn't need to be a lawyer to understand it. LOL LeLe1953, thanks for my laugh of the day.

I'm pretty sure I checked Judge Strickland's docket for today, and it wasn't.

Clerk site is down right now:
<<Information is currently not accessible. We are working to make it available as soon as possible. Please try again later, and thank you for your patience.>>

Maybe someone else already got the info.

You are 100% correct. :) I didn't look at the docket and wasn't 100% sure so I posted: "perhaps".

So he didn't even file his motion and request a hearing according to the rules? Oopsie!

It seems that the defense has a habit of doing this - I'm sure this isn't the last time we will see the defense 'not follow the rules according the law' - the trial should be a good one if this what we have to look forward to, don't you think???

I really want to know what goes on in JBs mind... most lawyers get super nervous and prepare for weeks to go before a judge, because you want judges to LIKE you so they are sympathetic to your client (judges are people too). Here, he knows he is not only going before a judge but really before the nation...and really?

I think JB is wrongly assuming that his presentation of his client, depicting her as "Poor Poor Pitiful KC" is going to be "eaten up" or accepted by a jury and this civil action, in his opinion, is only further proof of that, therefore he doesn't waste his time with "trivial" things, such as legal research and preparation. He, my friend, is going to be sadly mistaken! and I couldn't be happier :woohoo:

It seems that the defense has a habit of doing this - I'm sure this isn't the last time we will see the defense 'not follow the rules according the law' - the trial should be a good one if this what we have to look forward to, don't you think???

Interesting? I don't know. Frustrating, ABSOLUTELY! Lol!

I can't find any personal attacks on Morgan except those made by Cindy (ie. ambulance chaser).

*WESH offered dramatic footage of well-known attorney John Morgan answering Cindy Anthony. She has called Morgan "an ambulance chaser." He is representing a woman who is suing Casey Anthony; the woman says her life was ruined when Casey Anthony wrongly named her as the baby sitter to missing Caylee.

Morgan's response to Cindy Anthony: "Be careful when she calls me an ambulance chaser. Because she may have repeated this same slander, and she may find the ambulance chaser turning his Howitzer in a different direction, and it may be in her direction."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/11/wftv-sees-big-d.html

Damn, that was the wrong thing to say, he didn't need to resort to come backs. He should have been the bigger person here.

Actually that remark alone is very unsettling coming from an atty. He should be above replying to her pettiness and it really shows the caliber of people working this case.

MN, I'm so glad you got yourself out of this circus. BC, we like you. Proceed with caution.

Interesting? I don't know. Frustrating, ABSOLUTELY! Lol!

Are you kidding? LOL This trial will be shown in classrooms for law students on how NOT to represent your client! Just like the OJ trial is show for how NOT to prosecute a trial!

I will be a learning experience for all who follow

Guess this is what the judge was offended by:

"The judge also issued a strict warning to the attorneys, advising them not to engage in personal attacks. In a motion to postpone the deposition, the defense accused John Morgan's law firm of representing Zenaida Gonzalez to gain publicity. They cited a billboard that shows Morgan dressed as Santa Claus and says, "Santa Claus is 'For The People' Merry Christmas" as an example."

Quote from http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18420869/detail.html

I don't consider the "howitzer" quote a personal threat against Cindy. Merely, a warning from Mr. Morgan's himself. "Keep making salacious statements about our firm, and we will go after you in court".

That's the part that has always confused me... how can she countersue and take the 5th? Once the countersuit was filed I remember Morgan stating what a potential mistake the defense had made because that then gave him the right to depose Casey. Any legal experts please chime in and help us understand.

yeah, I really think JB is just that inexperienced to do such a thing :bang:

"The judge also issued a strict warning to the attorneys, advising them not to engage in personal attacks. In a motion to postpone the deposition, the defense accused John Morgan's law firm of representing Zenaida Gonzalez to gain publicity. They cited a billboard that shows Morgan dressed as Santa Claus and says, "Santa Claus is 'For The People' Merry Christmas" as an example."

Tacky, tacky, tacky. This case sinks to a new low. Again, it's the caliber of people involved that keep allowing it to happen.

I'm surprised Morgan-Santa didn't have Z's children sitting on his lap.

It was in front of Judge Rodriguez. Maybe one of the media outlets was able to record it and will broadcast later.

I don't consider the "howitzer" quote a personal threat against Cindy. Merely, a warning from Mr. Morgan's himself. "Keep making salacious statements about our firm, and we will go after you in court".

Then you don't tell someone you will be pointing a howitzer at them, aka heavy artillery. I understand the use of the word but I also see a lawyer pointing a gun at someone. It's not the right way to conduct legal business.

She was wrong first. But two wrongs, don't make a right.

I must be missing something...how does advertising on a billboard (I've seen it on the side of I-4, it's a generic Christmas advertisement) have anything to do with "trying to gain publicity by representing ZFG"? "For The People" is their slogan, has been forever. Someone help me? :confused:

Damn, was that a threat? And the A Team isn't pressing charges?

Actually that remark alone is very unsettling coming from an atty. He should be above replying to her pettiness and it really shows the caliber of people working this case.

MN, I'm so glad you got yourself out of this circus. BC, we like you. Proceed with caution.

Press charges?.. I think Morgan was implying he would have no problem filing suit against Cindy for her statement..Morgan is from what I've read..a very accomplished lawyer and has a well respected law practice..in fact when Cindy made this statement to the press, Morgan called Nejames who was in Paris at the time about it and Nejames quit the Anthony's soon after..Nejames is a good friend of Morgan.

ETA: His statement reminds me of something similar to what my husband used to say to our boys when wrestling or some competing game..Don't make me bring out the big guns. lol

Well, if JB was "testing the water" with his request to the court today, he has now found out how this new judge operates. He's not going to tolerate any courtroom shenanigans with these lawyers. Heh.

It was in front of Judge Rodriguez. Maybe one of the media outlets was able to record it and will broadcast later.

Ch. 9 has part of it recorded now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back