CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to the phone (as I believe most of you do too). Whatever happened must have happened at or around 8pm the night before, unless something happened while Dylan was sleeping and he never got a chance to text/call his friends in the morning. He was looking forward to seeing them so much, surely he would have contacted them the second he woke up to make plans with them, especially as he was likely disappointed that he didn't get to see them the first night he got there.

Also, didn't the friends say something about not knowing that he wasn't going to make it until the next morning and still expecting him over the night he arrived (or am I imagining things, I'm still playing catch ups)? IIRC, this would also be a big red flag that something happened the night he arrived, because if his plans had changed he would have contacted his friends to let them know (or even to vent his upset/frustration at not being able to see them straight away).

In regards to the sighting, it doesn't seem to be all that close to where he was staying with his dad, so is it possible the neighbor saw a different kid with his friend? Unless he got a really good at the child (ie. stopped and looked), it is possible that we can brush this off as a false sighting. From what I've seen, sightings of missing people cannot be taken as absolute fact, in the Linnea Lomax case, there were multiple 'sightings' of her, when in fact this would not have been possible because she had already taken her own life (may she rest in peace). Not to mention the general unreliability of eyewitness accounts in general, and the fact that LE have ruled out Dylan leaving on his own.
BBM
Dylan texted his mother, Elaine Redwine, when he arrived at Durango-La Plata County Airport on Nov. 18. The boy immediately contacted friends in Bayfield where he attended school until this summer when his mother, who divorced Mark Redwine in 2007, moved to Colorado Springs.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129570/Investigators-searching-house-of-Dylan-Redwine%E2%80%99s-father

Nevermind a few people beat me lol.

I still want to know if the neighbor sighting is separate from the postman or if they are one and the same. The one article I read made it sound like two separate sightings and that makes me wonder if the sightings are more credible and he was out walking some point during the day.

I think they are two separate sightings. One was supposedly of two boys wearing black backpacks, at the Vallecito Country Store. So that would mean that he made it to town and was with one of his friends maybe. But I wonder what time that was supposed to be?

Because the other sighting was in a Vallecito neighborhood, in the afternoon.
No idea what time that means, noon or 4 pm though.

But the thing is, his friends were waiting for him in a town 17 miles away called
B-town. So why would he be hanging around Vallecito?

Due to the cell service in the desolate area of Mr. Redwine's home, I am not concerned at all about the lack of cell phone activity after 8 p.m.

I was just sensing that the tunnel party was just getting going?

:rocker:

Yes, many of us here are very troubled about what might have transpired after Dylan arrived at the airport. :(

I'm off to ttc... good night everyone. :seeya:
I hope tomorrow brings us some answers.

It is way too long for him to be hiding out with a friend, not to mention that no one else is missing. No family is going to take in a kid and then sit back and do nothing while LE does all of this major searching.

He was either abducted via accepting the wrong ride, never made it to the house on Sunday night, or something happened there between Sun. night-Monday morning. JMO

I think they are two separate sightings. One was supposedly of two boys wearing black backpacks, at the Vallecito Country Store. So that would mean that he made it to town and was with one of his friends maybe. But I wonder what time that was supposed to be?

Because the other sighting was in a Vallecito neighborhood, in the afternoon.
No idea what time that means, noon or 4 pm though.

But the thing is, his friends were waiting for him in a town 17 miles away called
B-town. So why would he be hanging around Vallecito?

I cannot explain the sitings, and I am not claiming to believe that they are absolutely valid. However, I agree... posters continue to ask-- "if he tried to walk somewhere, why did no one see him?" Well we have two people who claim to have seen him.

JMO =)

ETA: I think I meant to quote someone else's post... sorry katydid! But these posts still relate, so I'll leave it.

We believe this is bad info, just a bad media report.

ITA. I have no clue why people are so excited reading a bad report. LE have never said they believe he disappeared after he left the house to go visit friends. IF LE believed that what happened, why would they be searching father's house from top to bottom? Just for fun?

They might definitely be false. However, I do think it is a little strange that people are saying Dylan definitely never left (or even arrived) at the house because if he did there would be sightings of him on the road and there were none. However...we do know of at least 2-3 alleged sightings on the road by now so it seems like maybe there were some?
Does that make sense?

YUP. My main reason for disbelieving he could have been kidnapped was because I had not heard anyone say they saw him out and about that day. But if, and I still say IF, he was out walking around, then he might have been picked up by someone. We know he wanted a ride to the next town. So he may have accepted a ride with someone he barely knew, or didnt know at all.

Where are you, Dylan?

If we don't get some answers from LE soon (is there a suspect, is anyone cleared, etc.), we're going to need a bigger tunnel. :moo:

Sleepytime now. Goodnight everyone.

ITA. I have no clue why people are so excited reading a bad report. LE have never said they believe he disappeared after he left the house to go visit friends. IF LE believed that what happened, why would they be searching father's house from top to bottom? Just for fun?

Because I didn't believe the part about him leaving, I believed the part about him making plans to meet these kids somewhere other than there home

I have tried putting myself in the situation my child is coming to visit.

First off I would be so thrilled, any prior plans I had would be cancelled. However, the father knew Dylan was coming, so why make other plans, at least until after whatever Dylan had planned to do and had been taken care of. If his plans changed adapt, better yet more time to visit. I would be looking forward to having breakfast together and at least having the time to spend with Dylan until it had been time to see his friends. I would be there, even if he wanted to sleep in. There is nothing that cannot be done later, even an attorney appointment can be cancelled and re-scheduled. Also if Dylan wanted to sleep in, that would be a big plus, he wouldn't be taking off so early and for more time together.

That is just me tho!

I think they are doing parallel investigations. I think they are still looking at Dad, but they do not know if someone else came along and abducted him either.

And searching the house for microscopic evidence might turn up forensics of a visitor that turned up at the house Sunday night or monday morning.

I am trying to hover around the outer passageways of that tunnel, because I am not 100% sure yet.

Because I didn't believe the part about him leaving, I believed the part about him making plans to meet these kids somewhere other than there home

daily mail doesn't say they decided to meet in place other than their home. By the way, how does daily mail write these articles about happenings in US? Considering daily mail is in UK.

Okay, read about 15 pages catching up and ate a package of cookie dough while doing so. Possibilities are this:

Family member/friend/etc did something to him.

Stranger did something to him.

Accident happened (i.e., hit by a car or fell while walking)

If intentional, why? And then you have:

planned

heat of the moment

accident

I keep going back to dad and the fishing pole and he must be at the lake story. And nothing happened there. I wonder if that was supposed to be a sure bet and that would be the end of that and bam, all this coverage and spotlights and constant surveillance.

Or any of the above scenarios. We just don't know what LE does but I think they are on the path I am.

Let me say this so that it seems as though maybe you guys are not understanding this the way I am anyway, when they say
the next day, while his father ran an errand, he disappeared after setting off to meet friends in the secluded vacation spot high in the mountains near Durango.

(setting off to me was he put it off JMO) to meet his friends in a secluded vacation spot high in the mountains near durango.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...irmed-did-NOT-run-away.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa