CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
daily mail doesn't say they decided to meet in place other than their home. By the way, how does daily mail write these articles about happenings in US? Considering daily mail is in UK.

They take the most sensational parts of stories put out over here...and run ith it.

daily mail doesn't say they decided to meet in place other than their home. By the way, how does daily mail write these articles about happenings in US? Considering daily mail is in UK.

They have people everywhere and are probably the best source for images in some of these cases. They get photos others don't

We believe this is bad info, just a bad media report.

There has been some very good reporting covering Dylan's story (ie Kevin Torres - no, seriously) but I have to say the print media reporting has in large part been atrocious, imo. It's been ages since my Intro to Journalism course but I know if I handed in projects like these articles we're reading, my professors would laugh at me and hand the paper back sending me off to re-do it from scratch. I mean that as nicely and objectively as possible but the fundamentals aren't there... it's like facts are an afterthought. Geeeesh.

My Opinionated Opinion Only, of course.

I have tried putting myself in the situation my child is coming to visit.

First off I would be so thrilled, any prior plans I had would be cancelled. However, the father knew Dylan was coming, so why make other plans, at least until after whatever Dylan had planned to do and had been taken care of. If his plans changed adapt, better yet more time to visit. I would be looking forward to having breakfast together and at least having the time to spend with Dylan until it had been time to see his friends. I would be there, even if he wanted to sleep in. There is nothing that cannot be done later, even an attorney appointment can be cancelled and re-scheduled. Also if Dylan wanted to sleep in, that would be a big plus, he wouldn't be taking off so early and for more time together.

That is just me tho!

I think that is a nice ideal, but not necessarily feasible for everyone. What we have learned about his job entails keeping timecards and records that may have deadlines for him to be paid. He is also still having legal issues with his ex-wife and we do not know details, but maybe it was urgent. I am not sure everyone would be able to cancel literally everything to (essentially) watch their kid sleep in the morning.

I haven't seen anyone say anything about this new information that was already linked too here so I am going to give it a shot

The next day, while his father ran an errand, he disappeared after setting off to meet friends in the secluded vacation spot high in the mountains near Durango.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...irmed-did-NOT-run-away.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Holy crap more info!!!!!!!!!

Would it be too much to ask all the different media to site their sources?!?:pullhair: It's hard to know where this info is coming from and if it is in fact true?!
Going to again repeat mck16 and say we need a statement of facts from LE!
Please just one presser?

I have tried putting myself in the situation my child is coming to visit.

(Snipped by me)

Absolutely. Me, too. My oldest kid went back and forth between me and his dad for years, and every time, we cleared the day(s) to be with him.

They have people everywhere and are probably the best source for images in some of these cases. They get photos others don't

Well I have no clue how they came up with the idea that he disappeared after he left the house to meet up with friends. LE hasn't said that. Even the father hasn't said that-last time his father says he saw Dylan, Dylan was in his house.
So they must have gotten it out of thin air.

Can we put together a list of questions we would like answered and e-mail a couple reporters or maybe the PIO?

-time of last phone activity, text or call?
-any ping info from phone
-is there a photo from Sun showing what he was wearing
-cell provider
-who saw him last (other than dad) and when/where
-what is missing from home

What else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have no clue how they came up with the idea that he disappeared after he left the house to meet up with friends. LE hasn't said that. Even the father hasn't said that-last time his father says he saw Dylan, Dylan was in his house.
So they must have gotten it out of thin air.

Well, the father did say that he thought his son might have been picked up while hitchhiking, which is what Dylan's friends told him. And he also worried that he fell into lake while fishing. Not sure if I believe either of these scenarios, but they both would have happened after Dylan left the house. And they did spend two days searching the lake, so they must have taken it seriously as well.

- Dylan and dad went grocery shopping on the way home (per family friend according to Dylan's dad).. we don't know where but it was somewhere between Durango and Vallecito.. factor in certain amount of time for food shopping.
i live in Durango and it seems like the most convenient stop for groceries from the airport to Vallecito would be Wal-Mart in Durango. It is on Hwy 160, and Hwy 160 would have to be crossed during the trip.

Would it be too much to ask all the different media to site their sources?!?:pullhair: It's hard to know where this info is coming from and if it is in fact true?!
Going to again repeat mck16 and say we need a statement of facts from LE!
Please just one presser?
jumping off your post- only because you know from last thread

OTTO is working on expanded map....

and Yoda is a Foodie

Well, the father did say that he thought his son might have been picked up while hitchhiking, which is what Dylan's friends told him. And he also worried that he fell into lake while fishing. Not sure if I believe either of these scenarios, but they both would have happened after Dylan left the house. And they did spend two days searching the lake, so they must have taken it seriously as well.

Might have and actually did are two different things.
Father says he last saw Dylan in the house. Police are searching the house. So, nothing suggests police established Dylan disappeared after he left the house to meet up with friends (in whatever spot).

I believe "the secluded vacation spot" in the article is referring to Bayfield as a community -- not a particular building or facility.

Also, reading the same phrase with "a" in place of "the" REALLY changes the meaning.

Poor choice of words by the author, poor editing by the editor.

I believe "the secluded vacation spot" in the article is referring to Bayfield as a community -- not a particular building or facility.

Also, reading the same phrase with "a" in place of "the" REALLY changes the meaning.

I believe the same thing. Daily mail doesn't claim Dylan plan to meet up with friends somewhere other than friend's house. They are calling the whole community "secluded vacation spot."

And oh yeah, wonder if the stop by attorney's office was nothing more than to pay some money on his bill. So many possibilities my head is branching everywhere!!

I came to the same conclusion after re-reading the article.

The hitchhiking story seems strange to me. Did Dylan have any history of hitchhiking?

I believe the same thing. Daily mail doesn't claim Dylan plan to meet up with friends somewhere other than friend's house. They are calling the whole community "secluded vacation spot."

I don't think so because Bayfield is not high in the mountains above Durango....it is South of Durango and not high in the mountains at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner