CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the number of cases where LE tries to keep the case in the news is miniscule. I think most LE do not want the scrutiny and pressure that comes along with a high-profile case.

I think it's because LE everywhere won't release info that could jeopardize their investigations, so they don't have anything to release, and the media won't make a big deal of anything that isn't new and exciting anyway.

If Dylan stopped using his phone because Mark grabbed it out of his hands and then physically assaulted him, Mark would have to find a way to stop Dylan from calling his mother and friends and telling them what his father did to him.

Why can't MR tell Elaine, "Trust me, I would never hurt Dylan". This is what she needs to hear from him and he won't say it.

jmo

I don't get it -- I'm sorry.

Why would you need to go back to lurking?

Oh well.

From what I have gleaned, and I may be wrong, the allegation is that somebody reached out to ER, and offered her the possibility to have some kind of national news coverage for Dylan's case. And apparently she never replied?

If that is the allegation, then I can think of several reasons why she might not have replied. Maybe she never got the info, OR maybe she felt hinky about the offer, or something along those lines.

The article is dated December 3.

But FWIW I 100% agree with your sarcasm anyway :)

yes these are dated later, but as we go threw these threads we see so many saying well he could of wandered off, he could of done this, when we know that LE is looking into foul play of some kind...this means read the news read what is being said, and find that yes, they are pointing us into a direction of nothing but what could be the worst for Dylan(alive or dead this is going to suck for him).

From what I have gleaned, and I may be wrong, the allegation is that somebody reached out to ER, and offered her the possibility to have some kind of national news coverage for Dylan's case. And apparently she never replied?

If that is the allegation, then I can think of several reasons why she might not have replied. Maybe she never got the info, OR maybe she felt hinky about the offer, or something along those lines.

Thank you Katydid.

I'm not sure why Dylan's mother has to talk to the media for there to be more coverage. FOX, MSNBC/NBC, and CBS have never aired anything on TV about the case. CNN has not written one online article. Would it really kill them to take some time out of their 24/7 news channel to mention Dylan? I just don't like when we make up excuses for these huge media corporations.

I'm not sure why Dylan's mother has to talk to the media for there to be more coverage. FOX, MSNBC/NBC, and CBS have never aired anything on TV about the case. CNN has not written one online article. Would it really kill them to take some time out of their 24/7 news channel to mention Dylan? I just don't like when we make up excuses for these huge media corporations.

I really want Elaine to do a interview of some kind but i can see why it has not been done as nothing is known about this case.

Dylan's phone stops working at 8pm

MR claims he saw Dylan at 7:30am

MR arrives Home and Dylan is not home at 11.30am

MR starts to get worried at 4pm and starts to look for Dylan

MR goes to LE and tells them his son is missing at about 6pm

So what kind of interview can you really do when there are so few "Facts" in this case ???

Also Elaine i would assume would also have to watch any mud slinging she aimed MR's way as i feel that she also may have concerns over his involvement here (MOO)

I really want Elaine to do a interview of some kind but i can see why it has not been done as nothing is known about this case.

Dylan's phone stops working at 8pm

MR claims he saw Dylan at 7:30am

MR arrives Home and Dylan is not home at 11.30am

MR starts to get worried at 4pm and starts to look for Dylan

MR goes to LE and tells them his son is missing at about 6pm

So what kind of interview can you really do when there are so few "Facts" in this case ???

Also Elaine i would assume would also have to watch any mud slinging she aimed MR's way as i feel that she also may have concerns over his involvement here (MOO)

I feel like the media could find a way to interview Elaine even with the small amount of information about the case. Most TV interviews are only about 5-10 minutes.

Why should Mom do an interview? What does she have to offer? She was not there. She said what she felt initially and has not contradicted that, as far as I know.

What I have to say will not be popular but it is MOO

When a child goes missing, no matter what anyone thinks may of happened to the child, including ex's, the one thing you don't want news organizations or the general public to think is that there is no hope to find that child alive. Most people do not participate or research a case like we do here. They don't think of the "what ifs" like RSO's, and abduction, thus will not take that second look at someone acting differently, or their neighbours and yes even relatives, if they have been led to believe the child is dead. The public awareness is critical in every case. Many times it is the public tips that lead LE to solving a case.

To then see the negative comments, many verbatim to what has been posted here, repeatedly posted in the comment sections of news articles, that once again takes away the "hope" of finding a child that is missing alive is wrong. To go to the extremes of "signing up" for the express purpose of reinforcing their belief, to the world, that this child is no longer alive as his father did something to him is wrong.

The effect those words have on the general public is long lasting and pretty much "impossible" to reverse, if they so happen to be "wrong".

Dylan, or any missing child, should have the "right" to hope that people are looking for them. No one has the "right" to take away "hope" for Dylan, as he needs every person to be doing everything in their power to find him. His life may depend on it.

When news organizations are told by an ex that they feel the father has "done something to the child" right out of the starting gate, what is the reason to continually report on or ask the public to be on the lookout for a dead child whether that be national or local?. If the ex feels this to be the case the people they should be discussing it with is LE.

This is about Dylan, not the ex's, and my wish is that Dylan is found soon, and alive

Why should Mom do an interview? What does she have to offer? She was not there. She said what she felt initially and has not contradicted that, as far as I know.

Maybe nothing to offer, but she could get Dylan's face back in the news...she has the basics and that is enough to get people to look at Dylan...

If Dylan stopped using his phone because Mark grabbed it out of his hands and then physically assaulted him, Mark would have to find a way to stop Dylan from calling his mother and friends and telling them what his father did to him.

Why can't MR tell Elaine, "Trust me, I would never hurt Dylan". This is what she needs to hear from him and he won't say it.

jmo

Mark Redwine said he would like to meet with his ex-wife but so far has not had success beyond the text messages.
“I don’t want to have dinner with her and become buddy, buddy, but as parents of a missing child, people need to know that we can put our differences aside and that we want our son back,” he said

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/dylan-148038-son-redwine.html#ixzz2Fj3eJvyw

BBM

would love to see those texts.

Probably based on the texts ER received from MR, the dinner plans did fall through :what:

Why does any parent of a missing child do an interview?

Why does any parent of a missing child do an interview?

Well they don't, very often. Can't remember the last time I saw anyone speaking out for Hailey, or Haleigh, or Ayla or Baby Lisa, or Baby Joshua, or Holly Bobo, or Katelyn Markham or Kortne Stouffer, to name a few.

I have read on this thread a few different times the impression that Elaine voiced her concerns that MR did "something" to Dylan "right out of the gate." The fact is, Elaine did not say anything at all about MR until Dylan had been gone for over a week and IMO she did so, at least in part, because MR wasn't being very responsive to her or to their other son. Obviously, the other reason she talked about her concerns about MR had to do with a deep seeded worry that she thought MR may have done something.

I'm not sure what right out of the gate means to others. I just think that he was so quiet for a week and refused to respond to his family for several days. I believe he should have been responsive to his family but he obviously had his reasons for ignoring them. MOO MOO MOO

What I have to say will not be popular but it is MOO

When a child goes missing, no matter what anyone thinks may of happened to the child, including ex's, the one thing you don't want news organizations or the general public to think is that there is no hope to find that child alive. Most people do not participate or research a case like we do here. They don't think of the "what ifs" like RSO's, and abduction, thus will not take that second look at someone acting differently, or their neighbours and yes even relatives, if they have been led to believe the child is dead. The public awareness is critical in every case. Many times it is the public tips that lead LE to solving a case.

To then see the negative comments, many verbatim to what has been posted here, repeatedly posted in the comment sections of news articles, that once again takes away the "hope" of finding a child that is missing alive is wrong. To go to the extremes of "signing up" for the express purpose of reinforcing their belief, to the world, that this child is no longer alive as his father did something to him is wrong.

The effect those words have on the general public is long lasting and pretty much "impossible" to reverse, if they so happen to be "wrong".

Dylan, or any missing child, should have the "right" to hope that people are looking for them. No one has the "right" to take away "hope" for Dylan, as he needs every person to be doing everything in their power to find him. His life may depend on it.

When news organizations are told by an ex that they feel the father has "done something to the child" right out of the starting gate, what is the reason to continually report on or ask the public to be on the lookout for a dead child whether that be national or local?. If the ex feels this to be the case the people they should be discussing it with is LE.

This is about Dylan, not the ex's, and my wish is that Dylan is found soon, and alive

This IS all about Dylan and especially here at WS, the concern IS Dylan.

People want Dylan home. People want Dylan safe. People want answers.

LE doesn't have to give us anything if it doesn't serve the purpose. So the general public and more dedicated sleuthers like us, are left with very little. We can only look at so much, while staying within the rules, and while bringing somewhat logical ideas to the discussion.

Suggestions, discussion, theories, and comments by posters here -- especially since we're monitored by our TOS and mods -- that suggest less than rosy outcomes or negative insinuations about involved parties don't take away from anyone's passion or anyone's hope for an alive and well Dylan.

We're not operating in a utopian forum or world so and we are intelligent people who need to look at all possibilities.

I think the concerned mother has every "right" to express her concerns, if they were her legitimate fears to the WORLD about what she fears her ex-husband may have done to HER SON.
LE will conduct their investigation independent of what's said to the media, and good news organizations will continue to cover a missing child's story so long as they're missing.
Trashy organizations will continue to cover the story for the sensational aspect.
The general public might find the mother's actions and words to be inappropriate or understandable, but will continue to keep the child as priority, like most here have done.

I'm not sure if the moral of the above was to point out that 'the negative comments (many verbatim to what has been posted here) take away hope of finding the missing child, Dylan, alive are wrong. And therefore ...unacceptable?
And to join a site and participate in discussion that doesn't locate Dylan, solve his disappearance, or perpetuate a high level of hope is also wrong. And... unacceptable?

I'm pretty sure everyone's main concern is Dylan.
I'm not sure about anything else and who's infringing upon Dylan's "right" to be found and to have hope, but
I'm pretty sure the only concern is DYLAN REDWINE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne