CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrr, what a JERK ! Trying to find Dylan is a waste of ink, but reading political whatever the heck was great? Well, I hope that guy is not how everyone in the area feels !

Darn, for some reason I am unable to open it. Something about having to install some flash player.

This is were some of the community in Bayfield is responding and it is heartbrakeing

http://pinerivertimes.com/epub/#/2/zoomed

Page 2 letters to the editor

Wow- that was a mean ltr suggesting DR has run away. I would think the texting history alone would show otherwise. I had thought such a small community would rally but they are SO divided about Dylan. Maybe they don't want to admit that bad things can happen in their idyllic community? It contrasts with the front page showing all the businesses in support of the search.

I can't open that link without a flash player, for some reason; can someone paraphrase please?

Grrr, what a JERK ! Trying to find Dylan is a waste of ink, but reading political whatever the heck was great? Well, I hope that guy is not how everyone in the area feels !

I don't think it is, as the businesses in the area are still showing support in finding Dylan...if you look further in you will see one of the business adds says pray for Dylan.

Wow- that was a mean ltr suggesting DR has run away. I would think the texting history alone would show otherwise. I had thought such a small community would rally but they are SO divided about Dylan. Maybe they don't want to admit that bad things can happen in their idyllic community? It contrasts with the front page showing all the businesses in support of the search.

Waste of ink publishing his "letter". Complaining because he thinks Dylan ran away (I think that was his point??) ... umm.. hasn't he read anything since the first article suggesting foul play, kidnapping? Guess he won't be participating in any searches or community events. !@#$*!!!

I can't open that link without a flash player, for some reason; can someone paraphrase please?

says hi to the editor, and then at the top it says Stories on Dylan are a waste of time....he goes on to say he hitch hiked to Mexico when he was 13 and that it is hard to find stories to write in this burg but stories on Redwine are a waste of ink, and then on to say it was refreshing to read an article from someone about political stuff, and says the paper is leftist. Me paraphrasing.

WOW , what if you just hit the nail on the head? Their small little quaint corner of the world where the kids are safe to hitch rides up and down the main roads because everyone knows each other ? What if that image was shattered by a horrible crime? What if LE 's job is to protect the city's 'image' more so than its occupants? Sounds crazy right? The town I grew up in is now a booming , ultra rich, ultra glitzy town. Would you know crimes NEVER happen there? NEVER ! But people who work there and live there will tell you that they do, but it's never on the news, not even the page 10 in the paper ' happenings' .
Hmmmm, could this be why LE is so quiet that they'd like the noise to die down so people forget ? It is a bit of a tourist destination with those cabins and hunting lodges .

This IS all about Dylan and especially here at WS, the concern IS Dylan.

People want Dylan home. People want Dylan safe. People want answers.

LE doesn't have to give us anything if it doesn't serve the purpose. So the general public and more dedicated sleuthers like us, are left with very little. We can only look at so much, while staying within the rules, and while bringing somewhat logical ideas to the discussion.

Suggestions, discussion, theories, and comments by posters here -- especially since we're monitored by our TOS and mods -- that suggest less than rosy outcomes or negative insinuations about involved parties don't take away from anyone's passion or anyone's hope for an alive and well Dylan.

We're not operating in a utopian forum or world so and we are intelligent people who need to look at all possibilities.

I think the concerned mother has every "right" to express her concerns, if they were her legitimate fears to the WORLD about what she fears her ex-husband may have done to HER SON.
LE will conduct their investigation independent of what's said to the media, and good news organizations will continue to cover a missing child's story so long as they're missing.
Trashy organizations will continue to cover the story for the sensational aspect.
The general public might find the mother's actions and words to be inappropriate or understandable, but will continue to keep the child as priority, like most here have done.

I'm not sure if the moral of the above was to point out that 'the negative comments (many verbatim to what has been posted here) take away hope of finding the missing child, Dylan, alive are wrong. And therefore ...unacceptable?
And to join a site and participate in discussion that doesn't locate Dylan, solve his disappearance, or perpetuate a high level of hope is also wrong. And... unacceptable?

I'm pretty sure everyone's main concern is Dylan.
I'm not sure about anything else and who's infringing upon Dylan's "right" to be found and to have hope, but
I'm pretty sure the only concern is DYLAN REDWINE.

I agree, and also WS is a crime forum ,not a prayer forum or a hope for the best forum. It doesn't mean some people do not do those things also, but LE has indicated a crime has been committed and that makes it very possible that the crime could be a homicide.

From what I have gleaned, and I may be wrong, the allegation is that somebody reached out to ER, and offered her the possibility to have some kind of national news coverage for Dylan's case. And apparently she never replied?

If that is the allegation, then I can think of several reasons why she might not have replied. Maybe she never got the info, OR maybe she felt hinky about the offer, or something along those lines.

IIRC - the "offer" was on the Missing Dylan Redwine CMCF facebook page and that page was shut down at ER's request. There were several "offers" of help (not sure if I can say what they were on here for TOS) and most of them seemed hinky IMO, bottom line is that if someone has information, there are anonymous tip lines and LE to call. As far as "help" in situations like this, there are so many people that come out of the woodwork to help, for a small fee of course. JMO

WOW , what if you just hit the nail on the head? Their small little quaint corner of the world where the kids are safe to hitch rides up and down the main roads because everyone knows each other ? What if that image was shattered by a horrible crime? What if LE 's job is to protect the city's 'image' more so than its occupants? Sounds crazy right? The town I grew up in is now a booming , ultra rich, ultra glitzy town. Would you know crimes NEVER happen there? NEVER ! But people who work there and live there will tell you that they do, but it's never on the news, not even the page 10 in the paper ' happenings' .
Hmmmm, could this be why LE is so quiet that they'd like the noise to die down so people forget ? It is a bit of a tourist destination with those cabins and hunting lodges .

I don't know that that is the case for this town, living pretty close to there, and knowing that these areas are as bad as the area I live in. The paper there talks about a shotting in Ignacio(not but a few miles away). Bayfield is small but there included pretty much in LaPlata Co...and if you read up on that the crime rate is not that low. Lots of criminal activity in these areas(even some we can't report on due to Indian Reservations).

Sure- self interest steals the moral high ground once again. Here in Las Vegas, we're quite used to the tourist industry covering up the tremendous amount of crime that takes place in resort areas. Only recently have crimes begun to spill into the national news (thanks, social media!) so I'm a bit jaded in thinking "the town" might be taking care of its own. Not suggesting any kind of LE coverup, more a justifiable pissing contest where the locals downplay any real significance to the crime by repeatedly saying "we've got it all under control" when they have nada, nothing, zero. Except suspicions on a longtime local. Much easier to let the story grow cold, find a body in the spring and say, "well, he must have met foul play running away." This sounds too cynical. I really do trust LE, just notsomuch right here and now.

did you notice his last name?

isn't that also the last name of the current husband-to-be; sure no relation - probably another one of those strange coincidences....

did you notice his last name?

isn't that also the last name of the current husband-to-be; sure no relation - probably another one of those strange coincidences....

After reading more about the man that made that letter, it really was sad to know he lost an adult child, and still feels this way.

If Dylan stopped using his phone because Mark grabbed it out of his hands and then physically assaulted him, Mark would have to find a way to stop Dylan from calling his mother and friends and telling them what his father did to him.

Why can't MR tell Elaine, "Trust me, I would never hurt Dylan". This is what she needs to hear from him and he won't say it.

jmo

And she wont believe him!
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads