CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could just not call it hitchhiking - he could have just set off walking on his own. Sick of waiting for dad and wanting to at least get moving - it could have even been very close to the time dad said he would be home. Restless and impatient teens are not necessarily completely rational when they want something.
:moo:

But why wouldn't an impatient teen contact his friends to say he was on the way, and maybe see about a ride?

I thought LE said he was abducted or something happened at or in the house. If he was hitchhiking, not sure how this would work into those working theories, unless,of course, a vehicle with a murderer/pervert inside just happened to be idling at curb for him to hitchhike into as he allegedly stepped outdoors.

"He either left the house and someone abducted him or something happened while he was still at the house. I could not think of a 3rd possibility," said Dan Bender, spokesman from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.

Or we could just not call it hitchhiking - he could have just set off walking on his own. Sick of waiting for dad and wanting to at least get moving - it could have even been very close to the time dad said he would be home. Restless and impatient teens are not necessarily completely rational when they want something.
I didn't give hitchhiking much of a thought after reading that the only time Dylan was associated with that practice was during an unusual circumstance.

Now I read that he's friends say that he hitchhiked from his home into town. That's not an action born of necessity, but of desire to get from point A to point B. Did that desire come up again on the morning of November 19th?

http://www.9news.com/news/article/314078/339/What-happened-to-Dylan-Redwine

I think it is important to keep in mind that Bender said last week that MR was the last identified person with Dylan. That means nobody saw him walking or hitchhiking and surely although not heavy traffic someone would have noticed him in broad daylight. JMO based on what Bender said.

I wonder if the person with the weather cam gave the tapes to LE for the dates/times they requested?

The alleged abductor(s) is/are not going to tell LE they saw Dylan.....

Everyone talks in riddles....drives me crazy :banghead::banghead:

Is there supposed to be new/ different footage tonight on the channel 9 ?

I thought LE said he was abducted or something happened at or in the house. If he was hitchhiking, not sure how this would work into those working theories, unless,of course, a vehicle with a murderer/pervert inside just happened to be idling at curb for him to hitchhike into as he allegedly stepped outdoors.

Idling at the kerb? Driving past a walking teen was what I was referring to - as in a crime of opportunity. I have looked many times at satellite vision of the house and road - it doesn't look like the homes are right on the roadfront, and I don't think people build homes in areas like that so they can sit right on a road anyway. It's also very well treed, and yes there probably was little to no traffic there at the time.

I'm surprised that someone picking up a child without being noticed seems so difficult to imagine. Isn't that exactly what happened to Jessica Ridgeway on a suburban street at a busy time of the day?

"He either left the house and someone abducted him or something happened while he was still at the house. I could not think of a 3rd possibility," said Dan Bender, spokesman from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.
Thankyou

Dylan sent text messages throughout the evening. Investigators say the last text went out at 9:37 p.m.

Investigators say Dylan's cell phone has not sent out a signal since he vanished

http://www.9news.com/news/article/31...-Dylan-Redwine

BBM

Back to the cell phone questions....sorry

Would Dylan's cell phone "ping" on different towers even if not in use? I mean they are saying no signal since he vanished. Does that mean they have a signal at a different time (showing when he vanished)? Do cell phone send out signals (on record) even when not in use (calling, texting)? I hope this makes sense to someone.

****bring this over from the last thread

Idling at the kerb? Driving past a walking teen was what I was referring to - as in a crime of opportunity. I have looked many times at satellite vision of the house and road - it doesn't look like the homes are right on the roadfront, and I don't think people build homes in areas like that so they can sit right on a road anyway. It's also very well treed, and yes there probably was little to no traffic there at the time.

I'm surprised that someone picking up a child without being noticed seems so difficult to imagine. Isn't that exactly what happened to Jessica Ridgeway on a suburban street at a busy time of the day?

With Jessica, it happened exactly where one could expect to find children, by a perp who knew that.

IF Dylan went outside, and hardly anyone passed by, in a place he did not live, the one who did notice him is a murderer or pervert?

It would take around 7 hours to walk from Mark's house to Bayfield. If Mark left at 7:30 and was back at 11:30 that's 4 hours. Dylan supposed got up, ate cereal and watched a little tv. If he was walking to Bayfield, wouldn't Mark have seen him on his way home?

Not if someone got to him before Mark drove home. moo

Teenagers do risky things and are impatient. He may have set off to prove he could do things on his own and met with foul play along the way before Mark ever came along.

I do think Dylan has a history of risky behavior; also, teenage hormones setting in and wanting to be in charge of his own life so bad that he made a bad decision to hitch a ride and accepted a ride from a person with bad intentions. moo

RUMOR? Can someone please view the comment by MC on the FMDR page & let me know what you think? It is a comment from about 2 hours ago. Underneath the page's post about discussing the 9news segment.

Is anyone aware of any text messages between Dyl & friends released to the public other than the ones that Ryan released initially???

Have not found it yet. Still looking. There is a post at the top left asking for a Websleuths member to contact her. ????

Dylan sent text messages throughout the evening. Investigators say the last text went out at 9:37 p.m.

Investigators say Dylan's cell phone has not sent out a signal since he vanished

http://www.9news.com/news/article/31...-Dylan-Redwine

BBM

Back to the cell phone questions....sorry

Would Dylan's cell phone "ping" on different towers even if not in use? I mean they are saying no signal since he vanished. Does that mean they have a signal at a different time (showing when he vanished)? Do cell phone send out signals (on record) even when not in use (calling, texting)? I hope this makes sense to someone.

****bring this over from the last thread

Since investigators say his phone didn't send out a signal since 9:37 pm, it didn't ping anywhere since that time.

RUMOR? Can someone please view the comment by MC on the FMDR page & let me know what you think? It is a comment from about 2 hours ago. Underneath the page's post about discussing the 9news segment.

Is anyone aware of any text messages between Dyl & friends released to the public other than the ones that Ryan released initially???

We are not allowed to discuss comments that are left on Facebook pages.

I'm not aware of any other texts messages besides the ones that have already been released.

At 5:40 p.m., Dylan tells his friend that his plane has landed, and Ryan asks him how the flight went.

“Weired my head went numb from all the vibrations,” Dylan replies.
http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member