CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the campground near the lake or closer to Mark's house?

Could that be down to flow ?

I'm not a local, but if I understand correctly, this is on the same road near MR house, but upstream from the lake. Closer to MR house than the lake is.

I'm not a local, but if I understand correctly, this is on the same road near MR house, but upstream from the lake. Closer to MR house than the lake is.

So a possible drop off point and one person would know this ?

:cow:

Are they talking about the five branch camper park?

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Vallecito+Lake,+San+Juan,+CO&hl=en&ll=37.405875,-107.531025&spn=0.007602,0.015278&sll=41.082613,-85.153808&sspn=0.230836,0.488892&oq=valencito+lake&t=h&hq=Vallecito+Lake,&hnear=San+Juan,+Colorado&z=16"]Vallecito Lake, San Juan, CO - Google Maps[/ame]

Mark kept mentioning that it wouldn't be unusual for Dylan to go up to the campground or over to the river, but I found it odd that he never said he checked those places? Right? Instead he checks the friends house that is 6 miles away then the friends that are over 20 miles away! IIRC it was said in MB interview and now again on Dr. Phil.

So is this where the dogs hit? I'm confused:waitasec:

Are they talking about the five branch camper park?

Vallecito Lake, San Juan, CO - Google Maps

I don't think the park necessarily but Wendy ? the dog handler said the 5 rivers. If you zoom out just a touch you can see where 5 small rivers feed into that lake. It's very near where your map is now. It actually seems to be a pretty big area and she said 'many' hits so I am now wondering about previous drownings in those waters . Could someone who's drowned last year still leave that scent? Also with winter just coming on maybe some are wildlife. Oh I don't know. I just want it not to be Dylan :(

I can't really say I am on here much since this all started, as I really had a hard time with dealing with all this, and have just been keeping up with Dylan's information from my couch with our local news, and the local newspapers, which I am sure you all have seen or searched. I have to say this now and feel very sad. I am praying that the cadaver dogs have hit on some other person that has gone missing because I would rather want to believe MR has his son somewhere...Can I put my head in the sand and pretend we didn't hear about the cadaver dogs? Heres praying Dylan is safe

Has it been reported that the dogs have hit on something? ty

Mark kept mentioning that it wouldn't be unusual for Dylan to go up to the campground or over to the river, but I found it odd that he never said he checked those places? Right? Instead he checks the friends house that is 6 miles away then the friends that are over 20 miles away! IIRC it was said in MB interview and now again on Dr. Phil.

So is this where the dogs hit? I'm confused:waitasec:

I wonder what campground and what bridge he was referring to .

I don't think the park necessarily but Wendy ? the dog handler said the 5 rivers. If you zoom out just a touch you can see where 5 small rivers feed into that lake. It's very near where your map is now. It actually seems to be a pretty big area and she said 'many' hits so I am now wondering about previous drownings in those waters . Could someone who's drowned last year still leave that scent? Also with winter just coming on maybe some are wildlife. Oh I don't know. I just want it not to be Dylan :(

The dogs wouldn't hit on wildlife, only human.

Eta: thanks for pointing out where the rivers feed.

Oh man I have to leave for a few hours!!! I have so many questions, hopefully when I get back you fine sleuths will be all over this!

From the looks of the pictures, it appears as though the lake is frozen over at this point and actually has quite a bit of snow build up on it. If this is the case, how can they expect to find anything until there is a thaw?

I remember researching some of the RSOs in the area, and one of them lived in an apartment above the office at a campground/RV camping site. Does anybody know if this is the same one? I know it was in that general vicinity. TIA

I remember researching some of the RSOs in the area, and one of them lived in an apartment above the office at a campground/RV camping site. Does anybody know if this is the same one? I know it was in that general vicinity. TIA

Is this the link where you found that information? Not sure if it will help.

Wonder if the RSO's were given polys...

http://www.coloradoicac.com/arrests/2009.html

The blue spruce ?

Also fwiw , there is a bridge MUCH closer to MR's house called north bridge. If you pan past his house a bit on the map to the east where the river is , there is a bridge. Surely he would not be talking about a bridge 5 or 6 miles away as somewhere that Dylan frequented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike