CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still stuck on the fact that Dylan ceased all communications on Sunday evening.
"Broken phone" is being used an assumption by many to move on past it, IMO, and go on as though that explains it away and as if a teen would simply carry as if in colonial times and walk twenty miles like this is "Little House on the Prairie" when there is no reason to believe, IMO that Dylan would set out on foot when his father tells us he was picking him and Dylan knew it.

Sorry for the horribly run-on sentence but I do not believe for an instant that Dylan would budge from the couch if his phone did not work. He had a ride. Even MR's ex made a point of practically saying how lazy Dylan was.

I am still stuck on the fact that Dylan ceased all communications on Sunday evening.
"Broken phone" is being used an assumption by many to move on past it, IMO, and go on as though that explains it away and as if a teen would simply carry as if in colonial times and walk twenty miles like this is "Little House on the Prairie" when there is no reason to believe,IMO that Dylan would set out on foot when his father tells us he was picking him and Dylan knew it.

Sorry for the horribly run-on sentence but I do not believe for an instant that Dylan would budge from the couch if his phone did not work. He had a ride. Even MR's ex made a point of practically saying how lazy Dylan was.

As I said on the previous thread, I find it strange that we all seem to be believing this account from MR ... but not believing anything else he says! I wonder why that is. There may never have been a lift offered for all we know.

Well that is actually a very good idea, but honestly there are just a few things "wrong" with it, in my opinion.

1.) I don't think that MR would have been operating on all cylanders, so to speak. I'm thinking he got ride of Dylan and the phone the evening before.
2.) We have never learned the context of the text at 9:38 or to whom it was sent. That may have very well been a change of plans, just not to R.

But in all actuality, I think your plan is so good that MR is probably wishing he had done that now! I honestly think he did whatever he did the night before and panicked and got rid of Dylan and all of his things. At that point, he may not have even figured out what his plan was.

I honestly am not convinced that Mark planned to kill Dylan that night. I think he would have planned it better. I honestly think there was an altercation and he lost his mind and killed him. But he is still trying to stay out of prison.

I agree that it was probably an argument that went out of control. So his planning was very nonexistent/

But I think the main reason that he didn't leave a message about the hitchhiking theory is that he hadn't thought of it yet. I think the friends spoke about it first, and then he latched on to it. But he had been going with the fishing pole scenario, which was less believable. JMO

As I said on the previous thread, I find it strange that we all seem to be believing this account from MR ... but not believing anything else he says! I wonder why that is. There may never have been a lift offered for all we know.

I don't think we do believe this account from MR. Personally I don't think any of the morning events happened. I don't think Dylan was there in the morning.

MOO

Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't realize it was the same house that had the fire.

Oohhh...well...wait now...I'm not 100% about that. Maybe someone else can verify or refute that. I was simply making an assumption, so I could very well be wrong.

I will say that is not unheard of when we come to find out that a body is buried just under the house, or in the cellar, or even someone being held hostage for years under a house.

But that said, I am sure LE has the schematics of that house by now and have searched it completely by now. (I hope!)

As I said on the previous thread, we all seem to be believing this story from MR ... but not believing anything else he says. There may never have been a lift offered.
I certainly don't believe he tried to wake Dylan up. Number 1, he was going into Durango, not to Bayfield. Bayfield is the opposite direction. If he got Dylan up, Dylan would have had to travel with Mark on his errands, since Mark wanted to be in his payroll office by 7:30. Number 2, one of his errands was with his attorney. I'm pretty sure he would not have wanted Dylan with him for that. I don't think Mark had any intentions of taking Dylan to his friend's house that morning.

The problem is the phone. Does anyone know if Mark has a land line? I would assume so, being as how the cell phone reception is reportedly so bad. It is hard to fathom why a boy would set out for a 20 miles trek without contacting his friends to say he was having to walk all the way (what kid wouldn't want to brag or whine about having to walk 20 miles?) He would have at least texted them.

I would guess that the LE, CBI and FBI have a pretty good bit of info. They are just keeping it close.. I wished I knew why! WS minds want to know.

I agree that it was probably an argument that went out of control. So his planning was very nonexistent/

But I think the main reason that he didn't leave a message about the hitchhiking theory is that he hadn't thought of it yet. I think the friends spoke about it first, and then he latched on to it. But he had been going with the fishing pole scenario, which was less believable. JMO

I think this was very premeditated. I really do. I think there's a crime scene out there (in the campground).

Yes and the fact that he mentioned the friend who lived across from the marina and on Dr Phil he thought there was no way that was 6 miles away leads me to believe that he was trying to throw out the went fishing with his friend at the marina card in the beginning. Before he was able to get other possible theories from the media/internet.

Was he expecting Dylan to be found in that lake somewhere in the vicinity of the marina?

MOO

ColdHands

The fishing pole is hinky to me, but maybe not for the same reason as others have mentioned. How was that pole identified? "Its owner has been found." How do you find the owner of a broken fishing pole (I'm certain I read it was broken.) I've not seen people put names and addresses on poles before. Who identified it?

Did they collect it as evidence? If they did, would they have been showing it around while they talked to people who were potential witnesses? "Hey, we found this pole up by the dam, is it yours?"
=======================================================

My parents have a log cabin on a lake up in Northern Calif. It borders on wilderness territory. One summer we were up ther with our kids and we saw a group of searchers walking along the lake. They were looking for a missing young hiker. They told us about him, and we agreed to go out looking as well.

Then the forest ranger told us about their oner major clue. They had found a sweatshirt up in the rocks a few miles up the trail, so they followed footprints in our direction.

And we were very embarrassed to tell them that the sweatshirt was the one lost previously by my nephew. When we got back he noticed it was missing and he had it wrapped around his waist. I felt terrible because they may have gotten off track because of the lost sweatshirt. [ when they described it to the parents it sounded like one had had so they said it might be his. He was in high school so they didn't know exactly what he was wearing. and they did find him safely.]

So imo, it is possible they asked people in the surrounding area about the pole, and someone might have said they left their fishing pole there themselves.

I had mentioned in the last thread about the homeless in the area of where the dogs hit and wondered if LE has tried to talk to any of them to see if they saw something? Also, why, if the homeless are prevalent there, would someone try to hide a body in that area? Just a thought.

I don't believe much of anything he said. But the only way to poke holes in the story is to look at it AS IF it were true.

And if you are saying he was lying, then what does that mean? WHO LIES about the facts surrounding their missing child?

Following your train of thought... maybe things did go as he said, except that what he said before leaving was, "I'm leaving in 10 minutes, if you want a ride then you'd better be ready to go by then." and when he wasn't ready, "I'm out of here, you blew your chance for a ride." MOO

I had mentioned in the last thread about the homeless in the area of where the dogs hit and wondered if LE has tried to talk to any of them to see if they saw something? Also, why, if the homeless are prevalent there, would someone try to hide a body in that area? Just a thought.
My thought was LE was thinking a homeless person might have fallen in during the milder months and drowned, not that homeless people are that prevalent in the winter, but that is just a guess. It gets darned cold up there at night in late fall and winter.

I certainly don't believe he tried to wake Dylan up. Number 1, he was going into Durango, not to Bayfield. Bayfield is the opposite direction. If he got Dylan up, Dylan would have had to travel with Mark on his errands, since Mark wanted to be in his payroll office by 7:30. Number 2, one of his errands was with his attorney. I'm pretty sure he would not have wanted Dylan with him for that. I don't think Mark had any intentions of taking Dylan to his friend's house that morning.

The problem is the phone. Does anyone know if Mark has a land line? I would assume so, being as how the cell phone reception is reportedly so bad. It is hard to fathom why a boy would set out for a 20 miles trek without contacting his friends to say he was having to walk all the way (what kid wouldn't want to brag or whine about having to walk 20 miles?) He would have at least texted them.

BBM
Exactly! Yes, MR has a landline.

I don't think we do believe this account from MR. Personally I don't think any of the morning events happened. I don't think Dylan was there in the morning.

MOO

for a long time I thought DR was there in the morning but deceased. I now think DR was killed in the campground and disposed of in the lake, so I doubt he was on the couch in any state of being. Unless DR was wrapped in something and was on the couch while MR was doing whatever he did to prepare to dispose of him.

we don't know if cadaver dogs went inside MR's house, do we?

i do NOT think DR was alive Sunday night at MR's house. When MR said DR was "out like a light" I really thought that meant he was there - dead. But now I'm not sure if DR was ever on the couch. did MR keep him overnight Sunday night in remorse/denial or hoping he'd "wake up" or for some sort of goodbye ritual and then dumped him in the lake prior to 6:30AM monday? or is he more of an Austin Siggs and needed time to do whatever he did before disposal?
I think MR is more diabolical than we think. I think the depravity could go very very deep and this was more than a fit of rage, or crime of passion.

Brought this over from the end of the last ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YidArmyRach
One thing I would add about the favoured idea of MR doing something bad to Dylan on the Sunday night - why would he text Elaine to ask if she'd heard from Dylan that day? That would obviously set in the motion the missing person report and investigation? Wouldn't someone in that situation try to buy some time by not alerting people to the fact DR was missing so early into the visit? He must have really been confident he'd covered his tracks if he was happy to have LE snooping around within 24 hours of Dylan going off the radar? All just MOO.
SBM

Don't know that it's favored, per se?

IF Mark harmed Dylan Sunday night, he had time from that evening until 4:30 the next day, Monday. So, in that scenario, he'd already bought a lot of time. And it couldn't be too far removed from the supposed alibi window created by supposedly leaving Dylan alone during errands, ie it'd look even more suspicious if he'd waited to contact her until Tues morning. As it was, Dylan was reported missing as darkness fell, so buying more time.

Moo

If Dylan had not been making plans all sunday for sunday night and switched it for monday morning, someone would have had more time to ' wait ' to text ER and set things into motion. There was a deadline because Dylans' friends KNOW he did not show up on Monday morning and they were texting him and looking for him. So it was only a matter of time before someone else mentioned him missing. Were it not for the plans with his friends, in theory, it could have been 7 days before a report was made.
JmmmoooooATJ!

I apologize, so behind here. And this may have already been said. Another possibility is that calling ER as evening approached was planned. His goal could have been to get her and Cory to come when it was late. He was not far off in thinking they would come, since ER and CR were en-route in less than hour. What may not have been considered was that ER would "over react" (his words I believe in one of the links) and call the police. At which point "All **** broke loose" (his words as well.)

yes and the fact that he mentioned the friend who lived across from the marina and on dr phil he thought there was no way that was 6 miles away leads me to believe that he was trying to throw out the went fishing with his friend at the marina card in the beginning. Before he was able to get other possible theories from the media/internet.

Was he expecting dylan to be found in that lake somewhere in the vicinity of the marina?

Moo

yes. He was. And still is.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads