CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be a selfish, bad parent too especially if I was seeing my 12 or 13 year old for the first time in awhile. I would want at least a night to spend with him or her.

I guess everyone thinks differently. When my 27 year old daughter comes home for a visit I am very understanding to the fact that she wants to be with her friends-whether I pay for the flight or she does. I usually try to work my time in with her around her plans with friends.

And I know there's a difference between a 27 year old and a 13 year old. I was never in that position because I had my daughter full time at that age but knowing how important her friends are to her I probably would have pre-arranged a sleep over with her friends at my house or something.

ITA. I'd be devastated if after not seeing my son for a month, he wanted to be dropped of at a mate's place as soon as I collected him from the airport. I know a teen mightn't get it, but all the same it just wouldn't be happening - so add me to the selfish parent list too.

Nothing selfish about it!
I totally agree.
BUT
Maybe Mark should have contacted his son before his arrival and told him what his plans were and maybe spoke to him about what Dylan had planned for the time there,
Would you blame Dylan for getting angry with his father? I wouldnt

I think most people here on WS believe that the carrier did not see Dylan Monday afternoon. So if you do not believe her statement, do you believe she was lying? Or do you believe she was mistaken and that it was two other boys?

Also I've seen posted several times that LE is looking hard at MR. I have not found any links for that other than MRs own statements. If you believe LE is looking hard at MR, could you please post links for that? Not for WHY they would be looking at him but that they ARE looking harder at him than anyone else?

In response to Salem asking for links to why I believe MR is guilty in DRs disappearance:

Domestic violence:
http://www.9news.com/news/article/314078/42/What-happened-
History of documented domestic violence with ex wives and children fact documented

Estranged relationship with every child: AZGRANDMA on WS and DR PHIL

Ex moved with Dylan and was remarying her 1rst husband: Dr Phil and MB interview

On day he lost child support and custody (9/21) he bought a 1 way ticket for Dylan to come visitfact whereas previous visit he purchased a round trip ticket

Dylan did not want to go see him and ESP not want to spend thanksgiving with him possibly what was conveyed to the now retired judge in orders that are sealed. Abcnews.go.com CNN.com Dr Phil

DR was now a teenager and likely to express his opinions and independence fact

No communication from Dylan after 930 the first night he arrived but his dad doesn't report him missing until approximately 20 hrs laterfact. KDVR.com

Multiple inconsistencies in his account of Dylan's brief visitfact we have heard him state multiple stories that differ. MB Interview in CO ,CH9news.com, KDVR news, dr Phil show etc

Clothing has to be brought in by mother to get Dylan's scent because there is no pure scent at dads house, not on pillows blankets or couch where DR reportedly slept. The denverchannel.com

VERY VAGUE and indirect language used when dad gives accounts of Dylan that Sunday night but in other Answers dad shows ability to give direct and concise answersfact. Read everything. I did.

Dad doesn't search or participate in fundraisers etc and refuses to talk to DRs mother about their son missingfact. Dr Phil. 9news.com

When dad FINALLY starts doing interviews his extreme animosity for ER is obvious to all and appears to overshadow Dylan's disappearance.fact even Dr Phil noticed. MB interview. Dr Phil.

He shows no urgency to look for or find Dylan. Dr phil. KDVR.com , ourcoloradonews.com

Then we learn by his own admission that he either failed or had an inconclusive polygraph given by LE fact. Dr Phil. CNN HEADLINE NEWS

And then when he finally agrees to go on DR PHIL he ends up NOT even taking another polygraph. Dr. Phil

That's how I described my house and got loads of flack for it. Must be a generational thing, I knew exactly what you meant, it's the house where the kids come and go, everyone was welcome. As I had said, at mealtime, whoever was here at dinner ate and at bedtime whoever was here went to bed. I had a half pipe skateboard ramp in my back yard and my house was VERY popular. I had kids coming and going all the time. It was fun.

With 12 yo and 15 yo sons, I typically have 4-10 teenagers at my house every weekend. Mainly because I'm the only parent that the other parents know will be home on the weekend, I never make plans or anything. I work from home so I have to check my calendar before I let them stay on a work night, even if they are on a break. The younger set (12-13) is MUCH noisier than the 15 yos and they are more likely to make a mess.

In response to Salem asking for links to why I believe MR is guilty in DRs disappearance:

Domestic violence:
http://www.9news.com/news/article/314078/42/What-happened-
History of documented domestic violence with ex wives and children fact documented
...Snipped for space....
OK, I am lost. Do we need links to believe something now? I thought it was only if we stated something as a fact. I was under the impression that if it is your own opinion, you can post it as such.

I think most people here on WS believe that the carrier did not see Dylan Monday afternoon. So if you do not believe her statement, do you believe she was lying? Or do you believe she was mistaken and that it was two other boys?

Also I've seen posted several times that LE is looking hard at MR. I have not found any links for that other than MRs own statements. If you believe LE is looking hard at MR, could you please post links for that? Not for WHY they would be looking at him but that they ARE looking harder at him than anyone else?

I do not think the mail lady was lying. I believe she honestly thinks she saw Dylan and another boy that morning. Why would she put herself out there like that when it's so unpopular to back MR up on anything??? IMO. Now, whether or not she did, I don't have a clue, I wasn't there, I don't know the mail lady and I haven't talked to her. JMO.

RE: Children home for visits from college or otherwise...
When I worked as a waitress one of our busiest nights was always the wednesday night before Thanksgiving. It seemed that's when the majority would re-unite with their friends that night, go out, have drinks, etc... knowing that the next few days would be with families (as not all families get together ON Thanksgiving Day).

I don't think one decision or another makes one a bad/good, selfish/unselfish parent. If it was a custodial visit when I rarely, if ever, had quality time with my child, I think I would try to catch up with my child first, vs. him meeting up with his friends. However, that might also depend on the friends' plans for the time they were going to be around as well...

All just MOO... and some observations I've made. I've never dealt with one of my children leaving and coming home for a visit yet... :)

I believe Dylan told R he couldn't come way before 8:30 so I don't know where that time is coming from? If they left straight from McDonald's and went straight to Bayfield (eating in the truck on the way) I think they could have been there by 8:00 easy couldn't they? How long does it take to get from McDonalds to Bayfield?

And 8:30 is late?

MR has contradicted his statements compared to Dylan's text message to Ryan,

MR stated he told Dylan it was to late after Walmart and McDonalds.

Dylan texted Ryan prior he couldn't meet up, So it's obvious MR lied.
^^^
The following is a text exchange between Ryan Nava and Dylan Redwine that starts early afternoon Nov. 18 with the two swapping banter about their prowess with females.

At 5:40 p.m., Dylan tells his friend that his plane has landed, and Ryan asks him how the flight went.

“Weired my head went numb from all the vibrations,” Dylan replies.

Soon after, they begin making arrangements to see each other. The texts, provided by Ryan, are unedited.

Ryan Nava: (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming

Dylan Redwine: Cant come srry ill hang tommarow

Ryan: Ok

Ryan: (time 7:09 p.m. Nov. 18) Why

Dylan: idk

Ryan: (time 7:45 p.m. Nov. 18) Did your dad say no

Dylan: (time 8:01 p.m. Nov. 18) yea

Ryan: Oh ok

Dylan: can I come over early lkke 6 30 early tomarrow

Ryan: Yeah

Dylan: you better let me in

Ryan: I will

Ryan: im gonna be at my gmas

Dylan: i call (you) all day if you dont

Ryan: Ok

Dylan: will you gma care or be up

Ryan: Just come around to were the sliding door is were that room is and knock on it and i will wake up

Ryan: (Time 9:27 p.m. Nov. 18) Call me when you get here too

Ryan: (Tme: 6:46 a.m. Nov. 19) Where are you

Ryan: (Time: 10 a.m. Nov. 19) Come to nandos.

Ryan: (time: 4:12 p.m. Nov. 19) Dude your dads looking for ou

Ryan: you

Ryan: (Time: 7:59 p.m. Nov. 19) Are you alright dude?

Ryan: Dude you need to call somebody anybody asap we all worried about you your mom called and shes worried bro

Ryan: Seriously when you get the message call someone

8 30 is not late! Its a holiday!
Kids are never a Hassel.
Teens are not all that noisey.
And I dont think MR was being considerate!

And Hacked off? what is that?
Mad?

Hacked off = irritated, annoyed!

8.30pm is late to me, if we are talking about someone coming around on a Sunday night. My house is "open house" during the day and anyone is welcome - I get a trail of boys coming round, eating here, fixing bikes etc, but by that time of night, I'm settling down my 7 year old for bed, so I wouldn't want anyone coming round. I certainly wouldn't want anyone round on a Sunday when I had work the next day. Obviously, different circumstances to what we are discussing, and we all have different lives. But depending on the age of the Grandma of the friend, it might be late for her?

And was it a holiday for adults too? MR saw his attorney and did some payrole stuff, so plenty of people did need to get up early for work the following day - that was my point.

As for "kids are never a hassle" and "teens are not that noisy"... well, I work at a school with 1800 of them, and I can guarantee that I can find 100% of the staff who wouldn't agree with that statement!! Not saying all kids are bad, of course they aren't, but very few are perfect. And the teens I know are most definitely not quiet. Mine and their mates are noisy just when laughing at something, and as for playing on the xbox, I can hear them from upstairs when they are downstairs at the other end of the house!

I don't think it would be unreasonable for MR to want Dylan to stay home the first night. I never stated that I thought this was unreasonable. What I did state is that I think it's not unlikely that Dylan thought it was unreasonable and was ticked about it and this possibly lead to some type of argument.

OK, I am lost. Do we need links to believe something now? I thought it was only if we stated something as a fact. I was under the impression that if it is your own opinion, you can post it as such.

Just put MOO or IMO or JMHO on your posts and everything will be fine :)

Months ago, I thought the LE, or MSM had reported her sighting as a possible lead, but that there was no way to verify if it was actually Dylan that she saw or not.

I don't believe the postal carrier is lying outright (I know nothing about her).

The thing about her reported sighting is that she does not know without a doubt that it was Dylan that she saw, and there is no way to prove it. She was in a moving vehicle when she made the reported possible sighting. She did not stop the vehicle and actually speak to the two boys to determine their identity. No-one knew Dylan was missing until hours later, and she would be relying on memory of something that at the time had no real reason to stick in her head.

The reason I question how it could be Dylan that she saw was the time period she made the sighting (reportedly around 1:30 pm), and where she saw them along the road. If Dylan had left his MR's home before 11:30 am as MR said, then why did no-one see him until 1:30pm still on that section of road to the lake, and not at the lake itself when walking 6 miles would only take 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours (given an average of 12-15 per mile pace)?

Adding on to this post - I had another comment in regard to the search apparently going on today. I would think there was something that MR said during the DP show that perhaps contradicted something earlier. MR also made a point of saying something like "on the other side by the marina" on the DP show. It just seemed so specific to me, that it struck me as odd.

As always all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Except we never established whether MR even has multiple Nickelodeon channels. I would love to know of a cable company that offers multiple Nickelodeon channels in their most basic (cheapest) cable package. I would say, probably all of them make you buy an extension (pay more $$) for the other Nick channels, besides the regular one.

Dora the Explorer was on the regular Nickelodeon channel.

I have AT&T Uverse. At the lowest channel line up (u-basic), you don't even have basic Nick. Move up one level to u-basic family and you have 5 Nick channels: Nickelodeon, Nick2, Nicktoons, Nick Jr. and TeenNick.

My 14yo DS watches Nick channels almost exclusively. Can someone please explain to me how going back and forth and debating what he may have been watching the morning he went missing is helping to find him in any way??! TIA!

Adding on to this post - I had another comment in regard to the search apparently going on today. I would think there was something that MR said during the DP show that perhaps contradicted something earlier. MR also made a point of saying something like "on the other side by the marina" on the DP show. It just seemed so specific to me, that it struck me as odd.

Snipped by me

Was he talking about where the mail lady saw the boys when he said 'on the other side by the marina'? Do you remember what he was referring to when he said this? I'm curious.

Months ago, I thought the LE, or MSM had reported her sighting as a possible lead, but that there was no way to verify if it was actually Dylan that she saw or not.

I don't believe the postal carrier is lying outright (I know nothing about her).

The thing about her reported sighting is that she does not know without a doubt that it was Dylan that she saw, and there is no way to prove it. She was in a moving vehicle when she made the reported possible sighting. She did not stop the vehicle and actually speak to the two boys to determine their identity. No-one knew Dylan was missing until hours later, and she would be relying on memory of something that at the time had no real reason to stick in her head.

The reason I question how it could be Dylan that she saw was the time period she made the sighting (reportedly around 1:30 pm), and where she saw them along the road. If Dylan had left his MR's home before 11:30 am as MR said, then why did no-one see him until 1:30pm still on that section of road to the lake, and not at the lake itself when walking 6 miles would only take 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours (given an average of 12-15 per mile pace)?

As always all of the above is MOO! :cow:

I don't remember it being reported about whether she was in a vehicle or walking or what. Could you tell me where that came from?

Thanks

I have AT&T Uverse. At the lowest channel line up (u-basic), you don't even have basic Nick. Move up one level to u-basic family and you have 5 Nick channels: Nickelodeon, Nick2, Nicktoons, Nick Jr. and TeenNick.

My 14yo DD watches Nick channels almost exclusively. Can someone please explain to me how going back and forth and debating what he may have been watching the morning he went missing is helping to find him in any way??! TIA!

Well the only thing that I find alarming in regards to the Nick channel at all (assuming Dylan was there) is that Elaine specifically said Dylan didn't watch the Nick channel any more. I would think she would know. So to me it doesn't matter what channel the TV was on (if it was on), Elaine doesn't feel that if Dylan was indeed there that morning, that he would have had it on Nick.

I really don't think she was lying, but she may have been mistaken. It's not like she only came up with this for the DP show - the sightings were reported almost immediately IIRC, but then discounted pretty quickly. I do recall references being made to another local boy who looked similar to Dylan.
How frustrating for anyone to have their information ignored because it can't be verified by others.

In line with a possible stranger/SO abduction theory, I also have in the back of my mind that these predators have been known to lure a potential victim by using another teen as bait. JMO
:moo:

I would assume that in a rural area like Vallecito the mail persons drive their route rather than walk it. I don't know if the specific location of the sighting was given or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D4rckfire