CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a thought about the 9:30ish text from DR.

I don't text a great deal. I noticed the other day I have several text in "drafts". Most of them are insignificant/generic. Typically I was interrupted, saved the text, but never went back to it.

Could it be a text sent from the draft folder could seem to be authored by the phone's owner but sent when the owner was not there? No one the wiser. It would work with my phone, my drafts, and my style.

I realize it's been confusing, but the family members had mentioned the iPod touch as the electronic device used, the 8 PM minutes after we're definitely Dylan's cell phone.

Then at a later date it was stated a text message was sent from an electronic device, If you noticed the wording an electronic device instead of saying Dylan's cell phone.

Yes Elaine did say Dylan sent a text at 9:37, but it's been stated by family members it was the iPod touch, I realize I'm still confused when it comes to FB posting, but if the actual Family member states a fact, then is it still considered a rumor or we can't link it, or just mention it, or refrain from posting and talking about it ?

Yes, on Dr. Phil, the 9:37 pm text was verified by ER finally. Since that was what was called the "last text" then it could have entailed an entire text conversation with whomever he was texting then, not just a single text. I'm hoping that LE knows who that was he last text with. That could be the key to all this. IMO

Dylan's cell message to Ryan ceased shortly after 8PM, Then around 90 minutes elapsed, and it's been reported a Text message was sent at 9:37 PM.

Could Dylan have been trying for 90 minutes to reach the Device he used to send that unknown message, is it possible Dylan was somehow Restrained from his backpack and managed to grab the Device.

And I just thought of this recently, Dylan's message using either the IPOD touch or a different electronic device can be confirmed being sent from the house if it was transmitted thru a wireless modem because of the IP address assigned __ Law Enforcement has that information __ and if it can be confirmed that it was "actually Dylan" that sent that 9:37 PM message using the IPOD touch or another electronic device and the IP address matches the house, Then Dylan was there !!

Even if the text was made and the wireless IP show up as the message coming from MR's home, I don't think that it could be verified who actually typed the words into the device, could it? Unless of course there were clear fingerprints that were Dylan's and they hadn't been wiped off or something.

Even the earlier texts wouldn't be able to actually be verified as being typed by the person who regularly uses said phone.

Perhaps that is part of why the contents of the 9:37 text are being kept so quiet? I'm thinking it's a crucial element they may be withholding in order to perhaps use the information to catch the guilty party in a lie - if that's what's going on.

All of the above is obviously, MOO. :cow:

Even if the text was made and the wireless IP show up as the message coming from MR's home, I don't think that it could be verified who actually typed the words into the device, could it? Unless of course there were clear fingerprints that were Dylan's and they hadn't been wiped off or something.

Even the earlier texts wouldn't be able to actually be verified as being typed by the person who regularly uses said phone.

Perhaps that is part of why the contents of the 9:37 text are being kept so quiet? I'm thinking it's a crucial element they may be withholding in order to perhaps use the information to catch the guilty party in a lie - if that's what's going on.

Good point Redhead.
Here's what has me feeling less than optimistic about a miracle outcome. What I've learned from this forum is that in most cases the predictable has happened. In the absence of data, we tend to get far reaching in our theories. My mind works that way too. I've been holding on to the extremely unlikely scenario that this young teen just had enough of his parents drama, couldn't stand to be with his father (even for a short period of time), and was a runaway. That is what I have been hoping for. Haven't we all?
But then, I have to suspend reality and believe that a fourteen year old has the mind to carefully craft a cover up to hide his trail and outwit LE and the FBI. How likely is that? Sigh....
I know miracles do happen, we see them occasionally. Occasionally.
For some reason, I just can't stop hoping and praying for one in this case. Usually I am much more pragmatic about these threads, and focus more on the discovery vs. "miracle" outcome.
Anyone else struggling with this? Not sure why in this particular case, but something just won't allow me to let go of the improbable.
God Bless Dylan, his brothers, and his Mom. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

If cadaver dogs did search MRs home and the trucks and no evidence was found, then that means that MR may not have transported a body somewhere in his trucks. So in order to have Dylan in the lake, whatever happened had to have happened at or very close to the lake. IMO. What would he have had available to weight down a body? Do we assume a body put in the lake would have been weighted?

I wonder if they checked for tire irons and jacks in both trucks. Many people carry a set and if MR had them in one truck and not another I would be curious about that. Same with jumper cables.

I put a set of questions on the show thread but I'm uncomfortable asking ER about cadaver dogs :(

IMO, Dylan was texting more than just R on Sunday. I think the 9:37pm text is the last text of a conversation. We have descriptions that say Dylan was an avid texter, yet there are some pauses between his responses to R that seem long. Given that Dylan had multiple friends, and was an avid texter, and the text at 9:37 I believe can be said to be known to be to someone other than R, I think it is reasonable to speculate there was at least one other person he was conversing with.

1) Someone he made plans with that conflicted with the plans he made earlier with R
2) Someone he discussed leaving with on Monday while MR was out
3) Someone unrelated to his disappearance, except that might confirm that Dylan was alive at a specific time and may have said where he was
4) Someone unrelated to his disappearance except that the conversation might have put Dylan in a mood where he shut off his phone to end the conversation
5) Someone unrelated to his disappearance except that he might have revealed a problem happening with his father

These are some suggestions I have for who Dylan may have texted that last text to. IMO.
or
6) Someone else sent a text pretending it was from Dylan

I agree, there is no way to verify who sent texts. LE would need the phone/device to confirm fingerprints and IIRC we have no confirmation of them finding any of Dylans electronics or other items.

I also think that text is crucial, IMO it wasn't sent by Dylan.

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/news...cle_e98ce2fa-8277-11e2-80f5-001a4bcf887a.html

“I don't know what happened here. If you have your son stashed somewhere or if God forbid you flew into a rage and you hurt him accidentally and he's dead, if something has happened I will help you deal with it now and we will go recover that young man. Because if you are involved it's just a matter of time,” Dr. Phil said, adding that his offer had a shelf life. “If you're not involved then there's something seriously wrong with you because your reaction to this, something's wrong.”

Mark Redwine responded by saying he's not afraid of the truth and said he feels like his being attacked. He said he's not a violent person and agreed to take a polygraph. Dr. Phil arranged for Jack Trimarco to administer the test but when it came down to it he backed out first saying his blood pressure was up and he would do it the next day. The next day 20 minutes into the test Mark Redwine said he didn't sleep well the night before and had drank a half a bottle of Jim Beam and said he didn't feel well enough.

Trimarco said in all of years of giving polygraph tests he had never encountered anyone who refused to take a polygraph test in a missing child case whether they were involved or not.
----

BBM

It seems the real MR was seen during the Dr. Phil show. What parent would not want to take a poly and clear themselves?

A guilty one MOO

or
6) Someone else sent a text pretending it was from Dylan

I agree, there is no way to verify who sent texts. LE would need the phone/device to confirm fingerprints and IIRC we have no confirmation of them finding any of Dylans electronics or other items.

I also think that text is crucial, IMO it wasn't sent by Dylan.

If this is true, does the list of above recipients and topics change? What other topic or recipient would you speculate for that text?

I agree it's something to think about, but I feel there's so much anger and hatred, I just don't know how objective some are thinking. I don't discount those feelings by any means, but there have been statements where he'd never hurt him and then he's evil personified. I absolutely don't blame them for their feelings, I just really hope LE has something because if MR isn't guilty then a lot of time and resources have been wasted.

I feel if the family didn't think MR was capable of doing something to harm Dylan they wouldn't want the focus to be on MR only. They would be begging LE to find the person who did this. Hated or not towards MR if they didn't truly think he did something they would want LE to stop focusing on MR MOO

Dylan's cell message to Ryan ceased shortly after 8PM, Then around 90 minutes elapsed, and it's been reported a Text message was sent at 9:37 PM.

Could Dylan have been trying for 90 minutes to reach the Device he used to send that unknown message, is it possible Dylan was somehow Restrained from his backpack and managed to grab the Device.

And I just thought of this recently, Dylan's message using either the IPOD touch or a different electronic device can be confirmed being sent from the house if it was transmitted thru a wireless modem because of the IP address assigned __ Law Enforcement has that information __ and if it can be confirmed that it was "actually Dylan" that sent that 9:37 PM message using the IPOD touch or another electronic device and the IP address matches the house, Then Dylan was there !!

How could they know if it were Dylan sending the text?

JMO but I think there is something significant about the 9:37 communication. Significant to LE

If this is true, does the list of above recipients and topics change? What other topic or recipient would you speculate for that text?

IMO it could be a text sent to someone who was involved in Dylans disappearance or it could have been a reply that didn't fit with the previous texts

I just wanted to touch on the subject of 'hate', we're not privy to what this family has experienced prior to Dylans disappearance and we probably don't have the same amount of information as they do. As for joe publics attitude, I think the publics attitude is based on what people feel they would do if it was their child who was missing. The attitude appears to be move heaven and earth and leave no stone unturned, their ego and reputation wouldn't matter at all.

I don't think it is a mystery from LE who the text was sent to, as ER agreed that it was to a friend.

JMO, but could it have some significance to LE in some fashion (other than who it was sent to)?

( and if it can be confirmed that it was "actually Dylan" that sent that 9:37 PM message )

I included the above in the post you had quoted, Yes if they can prove it was Dylan and not someone acting like him.

or whoever the recipient of that 9:37 PM message was __what if it says something unusual concerning it, Like for instance ( it's Dylan, I'm down the street and will be at the lake fishing in the morning ) ?

I know Ryan and dylans texting that night was never completed, Dylan never responded to a couple of Ryan's questions, and then Ryan sent Dylan a text message at 9:27 PM that was never responded to.

Apparently Dylan or whoever else used the other Device to send a text message to an unknown person at this time, but as badly as he wanted to see and come to Ryan's GM house, Dylan never responded back that night or since.

Dylan had firm plans in his mind, as of 9:37pm, there would be no reason for him to send a message that he would be anyplace other than wherever R was. And surely LE has spoken to the recipient?

LE is making this text into a giant mystery even if it really isn't. My feelings are more about the time being important, rather than the text itself.

Dylan had firm plans in his mind, as of 9:37pm, there would be no reason for him to send a message that he would be anyplace other than wherever R was. And surely LE has spoken to the recipient?

LE is making this text into a giant mystery even if it really isn't. My feelings are more about the time being important, rather than the text itself.

Jumping off your post. I've thought so (the time)from the time they first mentioned it. I think I very much want to believe that LE has something, anything to go on................:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1