CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks. That is the same video, but I have no idea how I got Castle Rock out of Bayfield, they sound absolutely nothing alike. Oh well, it's not my first mistake and probably won't be my last (if anyone needs a link to prove I've made mistakes before, I'm sure I could provide plenty of them!) MOO

I don't think Dylan is in that lake. I sincerely hope that the Dylan Task Force is following other leads and that they successfully locate and return Dylan to his mother and father.

I just want to add something else about the non profit. As I said, I work with these organizations for a living. All the money that has been donated so far will have to be disclosed on the application for exempt (non profit) status, as well as how it has been spent. That document will become public record that anyone can see once the non profit status has been received. Just because they don't have the status yet does not mean they do not have to be accountable for it, or that no one will ever know what was done before they got their status.

And while there have been and are some non profits that do wrong things, they are definitely the minority. Most work hard to not only carry out there mission, but to show accountability. Not just because they have to, but because they want to show their trustworthiness to the public they ask to support them.

Board members, by the way, have personal responsibility for what the organization does. To misuse those funds can cause them personal liability. The government takes that kind of thing very seriously, especially after some of the problems that existed in the past when the government didn't have all the rules and checks they have now.

It does take time to get that status, and the fact that they don't have it yet doesn't mean they aren't handling the money properly, or that no one will ever know what they have done from their inception until they receive their federal approval.

As always, JMO.

I just want to add something else about the non profit. As I said, I work with these organizations for a living. All the money that has been donated so far will have to be disclosed on the application for exempt (non profit) status, as well as how it has been spent. That document will become public record that anyone can see once the non profit status has been received. Just because they don't have the status yet does not mean they do not have to be accountable for it, or that no one will ever know what was done before they got their status.

And while there have been and are some non profits that do wrong things, they are definitely the minority. Most work hard to not only carry out there mission, but to show accountability. Not just because they have to, but because they want to show their trustworthiness to the public they ask to support them.

Board members, by the way, have personal responsibility for what the organization does. To misuse those funds can cause them personal liability. The government takes that kind of thing very seriously, especially after some of the problems that existed in the past when the government didn't have all the rules and checks they have now.

It does take time to get that status, and the fact that they don't have it yet doesn't mean they aren't handling the money properly, or that no one will ever know what they have done from their inception until they receive their federal approval.

As always, JMO.

Wise words. Colorado has had their share of inappropriate financial activites regarding non profit agencies and missing children already. Notably, these non profits were NOT being run by members of the missing children's families.

http://www.nonprofitquarterly.org/m...-discontinue-references-to-murdered-girl.html

Wise words. Colorado has had their share of inappropriate financial activites regarding non profit agencies and missing children already. Notably, these non profits were NOT being run by members of the missing children's families.

http://www.nonprofitquarterly.org/m...-discontinue-references-to-murdered-girl.html

from the article - what a powerful statement!

It seems to us that Bargas and the foundation should not even think about mounting a defense here. When it comes to the use of a murdered child’s name or photo, one’s charitable motives are less important than the need to demonstrate the utmost sensitivity to a family that is in the midst of grief that is unfathomable to those of us who have been lucky enough to avoid such a horrific loss. –Mike Keefe-Feldman

LE Task Force surely would be following up on all pertinent leads

dunno why they wouldn't

justice for Dylan would be LE's priority

:twocents:

I have removed all non-profit posts other than the bare bones ones from the Sec. Of State office, until Salem can review. Please move on to a different topic. TIA!

I have removed all non-profit posts other than the bare bones ones from the Sec. Of State office, until Salem can review. Please move on to a different topic. TIA!

Whoops! Sorry, Angelonline, I was writing when you were posting. Please add my inquiry to the pile.

Back on topic please, I am now seeing a totally unrelated topic brought up. Dylan is still missing.

Back on topic please, I am now seeing a totally unrelated topic brought up. Dylan is still missing.

It is so hard to know what to discuss with the search of the lake looming. I fear what we may find, but then I fear that if we find nothing the case may go cold. kwim?

It is so hard to know what to discuss with the search of the lake looming. I fear what we may find, but then I fear that if we find nothing the case may go cold. kwim?
I know Tennlyn. Its tough when we have no new news and no real answers. I just want them to search that lake as soon as possible. Does Az or anyone know when they plan to begin the search?

I could see the lawyer appointment being something he may have to make while in town. Since he is OTR truck driver, this might be the only week for a while he would have available to meet? The custody issue was still going on, right? Did they have any court dates set for any time in the future?

I'm not sure Mark is an OTR trucker. He works for a pipeline company. I thought he went to a job site and stayed/worked there. I thought he said in the uncut 9 new video that he worked from 8-12/14 hours a day and was only home perhaps 1x a month or so....all from my memory (LOL)

I know Tennlyn. Its tough when we have no new news and no real answers. I just want them to search that lake as soon as possible. Does Az or anyone know when they plan to begin the search?

Angel, they are not going to announce it. They are going to try to keep the search semi private but I don't know how that's going to happen. I hope people stay away and let them do their job and give the family some privacy during what will be a very stressful time.

I would guess it's going to be soon and in the next week or two, but that's just a guess. The lake has no more ice so they could come in at any time.

I find this interesting, that they are searching around cabins. Possibly rentals or seasonal owners? Is there any way to try to pinpoint the area a bit?

LE has been very tight-lipped about specific places they have searched. The release of the "where" does not benefit LE.....I'm sure it only makes the person(s) involved in Dylan's disappearance nervous if they are close to an area that may hold clues....

They said the Bayfield area but heck by zip code that also includes the area around Lake Vallecito...

JMO

Thanks. That is the same video, but I have no idea how I got Castle Rock out of Bayfield, they sound absolutely nothing alike. Oh well, it's not my first mistake and probably won't be my last (if anyone needs a link to prove I've made mistakes before, I'm sure I could provide plenty of them!) MOO

Hmmmm...Actually...I've been to Castle Rock. Nice place. It is right off the highway, straight shot half way between Denver and Pueblo if I'm not mistaken. If someone headed north...there are also some pipe companies in Pueblo...rambling, sorry, but you got me thinking...

This post lands at random.

We are back at zero, zip, zilch, nada tolerance. If your post is removed, you will receive an automatic 5 day TO - no if, ands, or buts.

Over 30 alerts on Dylan's thread today. For a week or two, things were quiet and everyone was talking and all was going well. Yesterday, lots of alerts, and today, pretty much constant bickering.

Guys - that doesn't help find Dylan. It doesn't. Doesn't help at all.

If you have nothing constructive to say or discuss, then don't post. Don't come here to bicker, take it somewhere else.

If you don't like the conversation, then move past it. Just because you don't like or agree with a post, doesn't mean you can attack the poster. Alert the post and move on, just move on, and/or put the poster on ignore if that is helpful for you. But don't start arguing.

Salem

Mark referred to Castle Rock as being where his brother lives (talking about possible Thanksgiving plans). It was probably either on your mind because of that, or there was some mention if whether it was searched or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg