GUILTY CO - Genesis Sims, 9, buried in crawlspace of Monument home, 2010

MONUMENT, Colo. -- Family members of Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch said they are in disbelief about the investigation into the suspicious death of a young child. Several family members told TARGET 13 that detectives in the case already have contacted them.

Lynch and Sims are part of a nationwide search as detectives look for answers into about how the body of a young girl ended up buried in a crawlspace of a home off Century Place in Monument.

As TARGET 13 first reported Thursday night, the sheriff’s office issued an alert for all police departments “to be on the lookout” for both Sims and Lynch. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office said Sims or Lynch are not suspects, but investigators do want to speak with the couple.

(snip)

http://www.krdo.com/news/23641683/detail.html

EPC Detectives In California SearchIng For Couple
Couple Who Once Lived In Monument Home Last Seen In California
UPDATED: 1:30 am MDT May 22, 2010

The El Paso County Sheriff sat down one-on-one with KKTV 11 News Friday and revealed that they've narrowed their investigation into the body found in Monument.

Article with video: http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/94626599.html?storySection=comments

Sheriff Seeks DNA Samples To Help ID Body Found In Crawl Space
Former Tenants Last Seen Living In Los Angeles Rescue Mission
UPDATED: 11:51 pm MDT May 25, 2010

23677038_300X225.jpg

Investigators with the El Paso County Sheriff's office tell 7NEWS they've asked for DNA samples from relatives of Genesis Sims to see if that will help determine the identity of a body found in the crawl space of a townhome in Monument.

snip

Neighbors told 7NEWS that 7-year old Genesis Sims lived in that home with her father, Hanif Sims, stepmother Monique Lynch and brother Davon about 1 1/2 years ago.

Neighbors said that when Genesis seemingly disappeared, they asked her parents what happened and were told that she had gone back to New Jersey to live with an aunt.

When asked if investigators found any relatives who could confirm that Genesis was still alive, Lt. Lari Sevene of the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said, “I don’t have details specific to that.”

They apparently spoke to Genesis’ mother.

Jopeita Garretson, told KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs that she hasn’t been able to sleep since investigators came to her home last week.

“I don’t need DNA to prove that’s my first born out there,” Garretson said. “I believe it’s her because ever since around December, Christmas time 2008, I just have had a weird feeling that something was wrong.”

Garretson told the station that she lost custody of her daughter in October of 2007.

“I wasn’t told of the court date,” she said. “I kept trying to get some court dates so I could get custody of her back.”

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23675815/detail.html#

So very sad :(

Video with article at link below.

UPDATE: "Witness" to Death Investigation Appears in Shelter Video
11 News has obtained a video interview with Monique Lynch, the woman investigators are looking to talk with in connection to a death investigation in Monument.
Posted: 5:20 PM May 25, 2010

11 News has obtained a video interview with Monique Lynch, the woman investigators are looking to talk with in connection to a death investigation in Monument.

The video is an interview of Lynch talking with shelter employees in Los Angeles about why her family needed a place to stay.

The shelter director told 11 News Lynch and her partner Hanif Sims said they were in Los Angeles to get away from a "dangerous situation" on the east coast. Reportedly, Lynch and Sims also said they could not return to Colorado because Sims was the victim of a shooting and now suffers from post-traumatic stress.

The couple were reportedly staying at the shelter with two boys. Those kids were dropped off with friends of Lynch and Sims, and were supposed to be picked up by relatives.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/94877309.html?ref=309

this is reminiscint of that boy that was missing for 10 years and the parents (adoptive i think) never reported it while they collected money from the state on him. :( sick

Detectives wait on DNA results to ID girls body.

The investigation into a little girl's death in southern Colorado has now been stalled, as detectives with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office are still waiting on lab results from several DNA tests.
Six weeks ago the Sheriff's Office sent detectives to New Jersey to collect DNA samples from the family of Hanif Sims’ daughter. Investigators are trying to find Sims and his girlfriend Monique Lynch. The two are wanted for questioning related to this case.

"We're still following up leads," said Sheriff Terry Maketa. He said his detectives are actively looking for Sims and Lynch. The pair used to live in the Monument home where a little girl’s decomposed body was found.

Full article at link:
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/97364889.html?storySection=story

I wonder how much longer the DNA results will take. It's been about 7 weeks now.

LE is STILL looking for the parents of the young female child who once resided in the home in Monument, CO.

I hope the results come in soon. I can only imagine how difficult the wait is for the relatives who submitted DNA to see if this young child is their relative. Prayers said for the relatives of this little girl, that the results come soon and her dad and step mom are found soon.

N.J. woman fears 9-year-old girl found dead in Colorado basement is her daughter.

NEWARK — Jopetia Garretson says she wants her daughter back — even if that means waiting for a coffin.
The Newark resident fears that her eldest daughter, Genesis Sims, 9, may be the dead girl construction workers found in a basement crawl space in a vacant house in Monument, Colo. on May 14.

Full article and photos at link:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/nj_woman_fears_girl_found_dead.html

Monument Couple Admits to Burying Child's Body in Crawlspace
MONUMENT, Colo. -- Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch said they want their side told before turning themselves into police.

http://www.krdo.com/news/24163055/detail.html

Apparently, they called KRDO, one of our local news stations to explain what happened and why they buried Genesis. Really??!!! Are you freakin' kidding me??!...KRDO better be giving local LE all the information they've got.

http://www.krdo.com/2010/0526/23677164_240X180.jpg

Monument Couple Admits to Burying Child's Body in Crawlspace
MONUMENT, Colo. -- Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch said they want their side told before turning themselves into police.

http://www.krdo.com/news/24163055/detail.html

Apparently, they called KRDO, one of our local news stations to explain what happened and why they buried Genesis. Really??!!! Are you freakin' kidding me??!...KRDO better be giving local LE all the information they've got.

http://www.krdo.com/2010/0526/23677164_240X180.jpg

And they waited until the day their daughter was officially identified via DNA to call the media to tell their side of the story? :furious: :furious: :furious:

RIP Genesis. I hope your dad and his girl friend get the max!

Confirmed that this missing child is 9-year old Genesis Sims...just heard this on the evening news. LE still searching for the bio father and his girlfriend.

http://www.krdo.com/news/23925050/detail.html

I'm glad little Genesis has finally been officially identified.
I think we all knew she would be identified as Genesis once an official ID came in. Her dad and his girlfriend wouldn't have been on the run if they weren't guilty.

I'm so sorry Genesis. You didn't deserve this.
Sleep peacefully in the arms of the Lord.

KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs said a couple claiming to be the child's father, Hanif Sims, and his girlfriend, Monique Lynch, called the television station and said they did not kill the child but found her dead on the floor of the shower and hid her body.

"We put flowers, we prayed, everything. The only thing is, what society says we (should) have to inform or call the police and tell them something happened to our child," the woman claiming to be Lynch said.

The male caller said: "We don't know what the (heck) happened to her. I didn't kill her."

The couple told the TV station they wanted their side of the story told before they turned themselves in.

full article at link:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15453444

Ok, they got to tell their side of the story. :rolleyes:
Did they turn themselves in yet?
I hope they keep their word and turn themselves in. :furious:

I can't even comment on their story,
because as a parent, I simply can not fathom
disposing of my childs remains in the manner in which these two did.

Ug...why oh why? If you can't deal with a child let them live somewhere where there is love.

Okay, I have had days where I allow my children to drive me up the wall but to hurt/harm a child, I don't understand.

I feel for the bio mom, may she find peace and closure

RIP Genesis.

May all those who failed you in life and those who murdered you pay dearly.

EXCLUSIVE: Couple Admits To Burying Body In Monument Crawlspace . Warrant Issued For Father's Arrest.Monument Couple On The Run Speaks With Target 13's Tak Landrock

MONUMENT, Colo. -- UPDATE: Detectives have issued a warrant for the arrest of Hanif Sims, the biological father of Genesis. He is wanted for child abuse causing bodily injury and assault with a deadly weapon.

Detectives confirm to TARGET 13 the body found in a crawl space in a Monument home has been identified as 9-year-old Genesis Sims. As TARGET 13 first reported in May, Sims’ biological mother knew it was her daughter. “I don’t need DNA to prove that’s my first born out there,” said Jopeita Garretson. She said investigators called her around 4 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. "I've had the feeling, like quite a few others people. I've had the feeling for a long time," said Garretson. "She's (Genesis) is where she'll be safe from anybody now," said Garretson by phone from her New Jersey home.

The girl’s biological father, Hanif Sims, and his girlfriend, Monique Lynch, had custody of the little girl when they moved into the Monument home off Century Place in late 2008

http://www.krdo.com/news/24164412/detail.html

EXCLUSIVE: Couple Admits To Burying Body In Monument Crawlspace . Warrant Issued For Father's Arrest.Monument Couple On The Run Speaks With Target 13's Tak Landrock

MONUMENT, Colo. -- UPDATE: Detectives have issued a warrant for the arrest of Hanif Sims, the biological father of Genesis. He is wanted for child abuse causing bodily injury and assault with a deadly weapon.

Detectives confirm to TARGET 13 the body found in a crawl space in a Monument home has been identified as 9-year-old Genesis Sims. As TARGET 13 first reported in May, Sims’ biological mother knew it was her daughter. “I don’t need DNA to prove that’s my first born out there,” said Jopeita Garretson. She said investigators called her around 4 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. "I've had the feeling, like quite a few others people. I've had the feeling for a long time," said Garretson. "She's (Genesis) is where she'll be safe from anybody now," said Garretson by phone from her New Jersey home.

The girl’s biological father, Hanif Sims, and his girlfriend, Monique Lynch, had custody of the little girl when they moved into the Monument home off Century Place in late 2008

http://www.krdo.com/news/24164412/detail.html

Thank you for the excellent link mysticrose. A lot of additional info in the link.

God Bless Genesis' mother. She is in my prayers.

I'm calling BS. She didn't "accidentally" pass away in the shower. If that were the case, there would have been no problem calling LE and doing the right thing. Sadly accidental drownings happen everyday, if she really did drown in the shower, LE and the ME would have been able to figure it out, and there would not have been a problem. Why hide her in the basement and then lie?? (because imo, they killed her.) They buried her in the basement and then just left her. Who could do that to their own child? Especially one that the father supposedly "put first"....

“We put flowers, we prayed; everything. The only thing is, what society says we (should) have to inform or call the police and tell them something happened to our child,” says Lynch.

No jerk... It's the law, would you like to be buried in a basement and forgotten about? Big flippin deal, you put some flowers and prayed... Is he really saying that as long as you do this it's the right thing?? What about giving her mother a chance to say good bye? What about burying her with dignity and respect where her loved ones... (which imo were not her father and gf...) could visit her?

Welcome home Genesis :rose: I hope the truth comes out about what really happened that night.

I'm calling BS. She didn't "accidentally" pass away in the shower. If that were the case, there would have been no problem calling LE and doing the right thing. Sadly accidental drownings happen everyday, if she really did drown in the shower, LE and the ME would have been able to figure it out, and there would not have been a problem. Why hide her in the basement and then lie?? (because imo, they killed her.) They buried her in the basement and then just left her. Who could do that to their own child? Especially one that the father supposedly "put first"....

No jerk... It's the law, would you like to be buried in a basement and forgotten about? Big flippin deal, you put some flowers and prayed... Is he really saying that as long as you do this it's the right thing?? What about giving her mother a chance to say good bye? What about burying her with dignity and respect where her loved ones... (which imo were not her father and gf...) could visit her?

Welcome home Genesis :rose: I hope the truth comes out about what really happened that night.

I agree. In addition, if they were not guilty, why lie to the neighbors? Why go on the run? "what society says they have to inform someone" My patootie. I still can't believe dads girlfriend came up with such a flippant statement regarding this childs death and how absurdly disrespectful it is. Perhaps if she really feels this way, she can have a will written up with her wishes to be disposed of in the same manner she and this childs genetic contributor ( can't think of anything else appropriate to call him) disposed of Genesis. :furious:

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back