GUILTY CO - Genesis Sims, 9, buried in crawlspace of Monument home, 2010

Did u read thru the other thread from when she was found?

It said they think Genesis could've been buried alive. :(

I can't help but think about Zahra, too, & the whole "evil stepmother" scenario playing out. :(

I haven't read the other... not sure if I want to! :sick:

I read the details... I hope they fry :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

O my heavens, what are we going to do with these "parents"??? Something has to be done to stop the deaths of the children. Do we allow unwanted children to be taken somewhere and the parents are not asked any questions except for name/birthdate/etc. What is needed to stop the madness??

I agree TXmom, i don't understand what is going on with these "parents". I guess at one point they tried to say she fell in the tub and died? If that was the case you would then call 911 not bury your child and hope she wasn't found...

I so wish the safe haven laws would apply for a child any age. Just drop them off in a safe location, and no punishment for parents. I think it would save so many kids lives! But then we run into the problem of not enough foster families to take the kids in! Very very frustrating times we are living in :(

Father of Girl Found Dead Years After Murder Pleads Not Guilty

The man accused in the death of 7-year-old Genesis Sims, whose body was found in a Monument home years after her murder, pleaded not guilty Thursday.

The father of Genesis, Hanif Sims, has pleaded not guilty to a new charge of first degree murder. His girlfriend, Monique Lynch made a plea deal last week to a lesser charge from first degree murder to child abuse causing death. In exchange, she will have to testify against Hanif, and a first degree murder charge was added.

<snip>

He is now set to go on trial October 11 at 8:30 a.m. on a charge of felony child abuse, as well as the new first degree murder charge.

full article at link.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/122254054.html

Woman gets 27 years in death of buried girl

COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO. (AP) -- An El Paso County judge has sentenced a woman to 27 years in prison in the death of a 7-year-old girl found buried in a vacant home.

Officials have confirmed Monique Lynch was sentenced Thursday in the death of Genesis Sims

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=635937

Take a deep breath and brace yourself people...

A judge on Thursday said he will rule later whether a former Monument man accused of killing his 7-year-old daughter and leaving her body in a crawlspace will walk on all charges because of evidence violations.

Miller said he will issue a written decision, but didn’t provide a time line.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/case-132013-old-hiding.html#ixzz1k1w2hbsr

The judge hasn't said when he'll rule.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/bb06e320f4774a6ca5077a9b035d7885/CO--Dead-Child-Vacant-House/

Case Against Father, Accused Of Murder, Could Be Thrown Out

A man accused of murdering his young daughter could go free if a judge decides detectives were not honest in their investigation.

Detectives reportedly said Sims admitted to them that Genesis was alive on a bed for two days before she was buried.

A recording of that interrogation shows otherwise,
that Sims never said anything of the sort.

Our 11 News reporter, who was in the courtroom for the hours-long hearing, said the judge may throw the entire case out based on that mistake.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...es_First-Degree_Murder_Charges_137271843.html

Take a deep breath and brace yourself people...

A judge on Thursday said he will rule later whether a former Monument man accused of killing his 7-year-old daughter and leaving her body in a crawlspace will walk on all charges because of evidence violations.

Miller said he will issue a written decision, but didn’t provide a time line.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/case-132013-old-hiding.html#ixzz1k1w2hbsr

The judge hasn't said when he'll rule.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/bb06e320f4774a6ca5077a9b035d7885/CO--Dead-Child-Vacant-House/

Case Against Father, Accused Of Murder, Could Be Thrown Out

A man accused of murdering his young daughter could go free if a judge decides detectives were not honest in their investigation.

Detectives reportedly said Sims admitted to them that Genesis was alive on a bed for two days before she was buried.

A recording of that interrogation shows otherwise,
that Sims never said anything of the sort.

Our 11 News reporter, who was in the courtroom for the hours-long hearing, said the judge may throw the entire case out based on that mistake.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...es_First-Degree_Murder_Charges_137271843.html

Oh, I hope that judge does not wish for that poor child's blood to be on his hands because of something a detective supposedly said. Unless the detective put that in a signed affidavit, that shouldn't even be a consideration in whether or not the "father" should be tried, and even then, it shouldn't be cause to not try the man for the death of his own child.

Oh, I hope that judge does not wish for that poor child's blood to be on his hands because of something a detective supposedly said. Unless the detective put that in a signed affidavit, that shouldn't even be a consideration in whether or not the "father" should be tried, and even then, it shouldn't be cause to not try the man for the death of his own child.

Respectfully. The judge has to follow the law. If the law is such that he or she has no choice but to throw the case out, this childs blood will not be on the judges hands but on the hands of the detectives who provided false evidence against the defendent.

It's sad, but sometimes judges have no other choice. The blame should be placed accordingly on the detectives, if it is proven they provided the false information.

I pray this is able to go forward to trial.

ETA: See post #52 above. Looks like this information was from an affidavit. ay yi yi.... Not sure what this means. I wish a verified criminal attorney would chime in here.

This is bad beyond belief....how could anyone just toss their child away like this.....as if she was nothing, like her little life did not matter at all? I am lighting a candle and praying that this father does not get a walk on this.....and while I am glad the gf has already been sentenced, I don't understand the plea deal. I get so tired of watching the "let's make a deal" happen in the death of a child.

Respectfully. The judge has to follow the law. If the law is such that he or she has no choice but to throw the case out, this childs blood will not be on the judges hands but on the hands of the detectives who provided false evidence against the defendent.

It's sad, but sometimes judges have no other choice. The blame should be placed accordingly on the detectives, if it is proven they provided the false information.

ETA: See post #52 above. Looks like this information was from an affidavit. ay yi yi.... Not sure what this means. I wish a verified criminal attorney would chime in here.

I wonder if the step mom told them that and they put the wrong person down.

There it is again. A man kills a child, the woman stands by and doesn't intervene, she's cooling her heels in prison and he'll likely get off scott free.

Sure does happen a lot.

But in this case the stepmom got a 27 yr prison sentence. And the man who killed his child might walk away free. :furious:

From the last link in post #52

The arrest warrant states: "Hanif Sims never provided that the victim stopped her shallow breathing prior to being placed in the bag and buried."

It'll come down to semantics of how it was written in the affidavit. To me that above line says that HS never said whether Genisis was still alive or already deceased at the time she was buried, not that he explicitly said that she was still alive when she was buried. He didn't say she was alive, but didn't say she was dead either, and if the way the link has it is correct, then the detective didn't lie or make up a false accusation, he simply stated that he wasn't told whether she was alive or not when buried.

http://www.koaa.com/news/judge-considers-dismissing-murder-case/

Then this story says that the whole conversation isn't on the one tape, never mind just the part about her being alive.

"In the arrest warrant, Detectives RL and RJ of the El Paso County Sheriff's Office stated that Sims confessed to them on July 8, 2010 that Genesis' body lay in a bed for two days and that she was breathing shallowly. They also stated the couple declined to call 911 because Lynch was pregnant and had a warrant out for her arrest.

However, a recording of that interview from the Henderson Jail doesn't contain that admission. The recording was only recently provided to the defense last month after the detectives testified to the truth of their statements in the warrant.

During his testimony, Detective L stated that their first interview with Sims on July 7 lasted until early in the morning on July 8 and that the second interview happened later that morning. He said they had been working without sleep for over 24 hours and that the statement Sims gave were similar in both interviews."

I wonder if it is on either tape?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname