CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I listen to all this about little Jimmy. I think if only they knew a monster was evolving from this rotten piece of human flesh. Sorry, I'm so mad listening to this crap.

Yeah, I'm sick of it, too, but the thing that gets me through it (most of it anyway), is that the defense team is showing the best of what they could find. I just don't think this will fly with the jury -- what the jury has done so far with all the stuff, stuff, stuff of this case, is make intelligent decisions, IMO, and they have asked some intelligent questions of the witnesses, and they have taken their time about it. I just don't think this jury will buy what they're selling. If the DT brings in a couple of impressive MD's who talk intelligently about schizo-related disorders/diseases, etc., and how it can manifest in the late teens, that might help, but I think we've already seen the best of that in their CIC. They are shooting blanks. Nada. Zip. Nil. Naught.

Second grade? Is that age 6/7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Children usually start kindergarten at 5 years old; 1st grade is usually started at 6, and so on. A lot depends on your birth month and the entry-age rules of the particular school system .

My son is called James. He is autistic and refuses to answer to anything but James. If he's ignoring me I call "JIMMY!" I don't think I will be doing that anymore. I've gone off the name a bit now.

Same here. "Jimmy" is a good name -- the first boy I had a crush on in 7th grade -- but now it just makes my skin crawl. I hope to get over it soon -- I don't want that ~person~ ruining a perfectly good name. Gurrrrrr.

I wonder if that letter of recommendation is a template the teacher uses for all his students. It doesn't seem to fit what the cross country teacher was saying about the shooter.

My thoughts exactly! He was a bit sparing when he was answering questions, and he seemed honest. His letter was glowing.
meh

Question: Since this is a death penalty case, can we assume that none of the jury members are against the death penalty?Wouldn't that pretty much exclude them from being selected to the jury?

What work did JH have to hand in for band? Did he compose trumpet solos?

When I was in orchestra, we also had Music Theory as well as performance. I assumed that's what the work papers were.

Question: Since this is a death penalty case, can we assume that none of the jury members are against the death penalty?Wouldn't that pretty much exclude them from being selected to the jury?

Yes, they should be death penalty qualified, as they were specifically asked during jury selection IF they could be able to vote someone to death. But when it actually comes time to do it, I think some just cannot. Hopefully this jury thought long & hard before they answered. They seem like a smart, dedicated jury...but you never know. Hope this helped a little in answering this.

OMG, a shooting in a movie theater in Lafayette, LA. "Multiple people have been shot. The shooter is deceased," the report says.

Way too early to rely on that early report, IMO, but there are LE and EMTs and Fire Trucks everywhere. Oh, so familiar. And the survivors of the JH horror -- now this. And I think about our jury and our good judge -- another thing His Honor will have to handle tomorrow. Bless him.

Oh, how awful. Dammit.

Official: 2 dead in movie theater shooting, including gunman

An official with an ambulance service in the city of Lafayette, Louisiana, says that a shooting at a movie theater has left two people dead, including the gunman. just now

Read more at http://www.wral.com/#RWre4RAEjtJcpDFJ.99

ETA
This from the Times-Picayune:

Gunman opens fire inside Lafayette movie theater

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/07/several_shot_at_lafayette_movi.html#incart_breaking

bbm

Yes, it would. In the jury voir dire, they are asked about being able to vote in favor of the death penalty -- and the juror must answer Yes, or will be excused from that trial's jury.

OMG, a shooting in a movie theater in Lafayette, LA. "Multiple people have been shot. The shooter is deceased," the report says.

Way too early to rely on that early report, IMO, but there are LE and EMTs and Fire Trucks everywhere. Oh, so familiar. And the survivors of the JH horror -- now this. And I think about our jury and our good judge -- another thing His Honor will have to handle tomorrow. Bless him.

Oh, how awful. Dammit.

An official with an ambulance service in the city of Lafayette, Louisiana, says that a shooting at a movie theater has left two people dead, including the gunman. just now

ETA

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/07/several_shot_at_lafayette_movi.html#incart_breaking

I know just heard. How sad is our culture? 😢😥

Oh, how awful. Dammit.

ETA

Horrible. So horrible. And I cringe at the thought of this shooter seeing this on the news and relishing in the idea that he has a "copycat". :(

I always check the news when I wake up. I can't believe there has been another theatre shooting. Those poor people. :(

I always check the news when I wake up. I can't believe there has been another theatre shooting. Those poor people. :(

Yes, you're right. I also worry about the Aurora theater survivors and the families of the ones who died. This will bring some measure of raw hurt, IMO, and they just don't need another drop of that, ever. And as I said earlier, now the good Judge Samour will prolly have to speak with the jury about this, this morning. One more chore he will have to take time to do. He is such a good, good human being and such a fine example of how a trial judge should conduct himself/herself.

Good :seeya: Morning, folks! What will this day bring?:coffeews:

Coffee and donuts here with me today -- I'll be glad to share. Mmmmm, go-o-o-;)-od coffee! :coffeeup:

Justice for the Aurora victims and their families.

I hate this world sometimes. Such terrible things happen and usually by one human towards others. My prayers are with the victims of Aurora and the victims in Louisiana.

I hate this world sometimes. Such terrible things happen and usually by one human towards others. My prayers are with the victims of Aurora and the victims in Louisiana.

Guns, guns, guns. Tears, tears, tears. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members