CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I think this is what happened, but if frozen I think there is less of a mess. Also, is it hunting season in Colorado? I know when my SO goes hunting I don't question the blood.....hmm lol.

I wondered this myself and went to see what the season dates were. I don't hunt myself and don't have hunters in my immediate family so I don't know if it means that you can only hunt on certain days or this is the type of game that can be hunted on certain days but deer etc anytime during this time. I hope that is clear what I am wondering.

This shows no hunting season/game for the dates in early part of Oct.

http://winterhawk.com/hunting/season-dates.htm

Kelly

Well as I see it no one WON! Especially Little Jessica!
Everyone lost !
The only winner here so far is the perv that did this!
Bad choice of words!

It may be that I was born with more than the usual share of the spirit of contrary but I refuse to think of this guy as a winner. I won't give him that power.

To me, Jessica is a winner because she lived her life with generosity of spirit, full of love and doing many kind things. She will shine like a beacon of light for those who knew her and many who did not.

Some loser killed her body but I know that he did not touch her spirit.

And that may be what supports her family the most and enrages the perp the most: he could not own her, he could not dim her light.

When I look at the picture of the CSI guy when they were covering the remains, you'll notice on the fence that the second wire down from the top looks stretched out. I thought about this yesterday while my daughter was at the playground playing on the maze of ropes - what I believe the perp did was brace himself and pull on that second wire while leaning over the top wire to toss whatever he was tossing. I think he wanted to toss it but didn't want to trip over the fencing. Be interesting to know if there is traces of DNA or gloves etc left on the wire.

Just thinking out loud but I wondered why that second wire looked looser than the others.

It was reported that the person went *under* the fence:

"The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside."
http://www.9news.com/news/local/art...uld-strike-again?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

(Based on that, I assumed that meant she was not found in the culvert or drain pipe, but on the other side of the fence, as depicted in the crime scene photos.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Meh, I'm going to assume that no pastor would do a service without knowing the family beforehand (if possible).

I think that he either knew the family (including Jessica) already or he met with them to discuss what they wanted for the memorial service. Either way, he got to know them better than we do.

I think when he said that, it had some special meaning to the family. Maybe it was in reference to her love of cheerleading, maybe it was in reference to the fact that no matter what happened to her body her beautiful spirit could not be marred by it, or something like . not going to assume he was being insensitive when he said it. I think it had special meaning for the family and he knew
Respectfully I disagree. Jessica was dismembered, murdered and who knows what else, so FOR ME this comment was insensitive.
We can't assume the pastor knew the family. IMO

Morning all,

trying to catch up, so much posted since last night. I hope LE is starting to narrow this down.

I wondered this myself and went to see what the season dates were. I don't hunt myself and don't have hunters in my immediate family so I don't know if it means that you can only hunt on certain days or this is the type of game that can be hunted on certain days but deer etc anytime during this time. I hope that is clear what I am wondering.

This shows no hunting season/game for the dates in early part of Oct.

http://winterhawk.com/hunting/season-dates.htm

Kelly

So in other words, if someone knows a hunter who returned from a hunting trip at this time and put something in the freezer, that might be a clue.

It was reported that the person went *under* the fence:

"The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside."
http://www.9news.com/news/local/art...uld-strike-again?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

(Based on that, I assumed that meant she was not found in the culvert or drain

, but on the other side of the fence, as depicted in the crime scene u from e r using Tapatalk HD
Where were you Monday night? :seeya: We needed you to provide that info. I KNEW I'd read that the perp crawled under the fence. Thanks!

It may be that I was born with more than the usual share of the spirit of contrary but I refuse to think of this guy as a winner. I won't give him that power.

To me, Jessica is a winner because she lived her life with generosity of spirit, full of love and doing many kind things. She will shine like a beacon of light for those who knew her and many who did not.

Some loser killed her body but I know that he did not touch her spirit.

And that may be what supports her family the most and enrages the perp the most: he could not own her, he could not dim her light.

I see it differently.....I see it as the killer put her life / light completely out. When one is murdered.....their spirit IS gone.

Yes, Sarah. It's in a quote on the previous page. Hard to believe Imoo.

I think it meant that Jessica won in the realm that matters--she was a good and kind and joyful person--whereas this guy who killed her is obviously a vile piece of scum. And since clergy people focus on the spiritual end game (the condition of one's soul), rather than what they see as a very temporary condition of being in a human body, I think he sees her as a real winner.

JMO

I'm not sure if the following has been previously posted??..the data is very interesting!

BBM

Investigators also have statistical data based on past crimes of this type that could provide a general profile of who may have committed the crime, Lanning and FBI profiler Clinton Van Zandt said.

Neither Lanning nor Van Zandt would provide an opinion on the Colorado case, saying each case is unique.

However, a 2006 report funded by the U.S. Department of Justice and compiled by Washington state Attorney General Rob McKenna determined the majority of suspects in such cases are single and between 18 and 30 years old.

The study looked at more than 800 cases from 1968 to 2002, the latest figures available. It found nearly half the suspects were unemployed, and those who did have jobs worked in unskilled or semi-skilled labor occupations.

The report also said 21 percent of victims were 10 to 12 years old and initially encountered their abductor within a quarter-mile of their home. Jessica was 10 and last seen within two blocks of her house.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/memorial-146047-ridgeway-arvada.html#ixzz29Y9mF71x

Scary statistics! 10-12 years of age with abductions within 1/4 of their home.
:....(

I think it meant that Jessica won in the realm that matters--she was a good and kind and joyful person--whereas this guy who killed her is obviously a vile piece of scum. And since clergy people focus on the spiritual end game (the condition of one's soul), rather than what they see as a very temporary condition of being in a human body, I think he sees her as a real winner.

JMO

I get the pastors meaning, I still think it was a terrible choice of words.

I see it differently.....I see it as the killer put her life / light completely out. When one is murdered.....their spirit IS gone.

But the pastor most likely does not view it that way. Being a pastor, he likely believes in the immortality of the soul and eternal life.

However, even if you focus only on this world, and assume there is no life beyond that in a human body, Jessica did a much better job of being a human that her killer is doing. She lived her life in a way that made other people happy, she did good in the world.

JMO

I get the pastors meaning, I still think it was a terrible choice of words.

Yeah, it sounds like he didn't communicate his idea very well. :(

JMO

Oh, I don't see that at all. No, her murder is not a win, I don't think anyone believes that is what the pastor meant. But we can't let evil win out. She can still be a light! Something good can come from this. Respectfully, Jmho.

Scary statistics! 10-12 years of age with abductions within 1/4 of their home.
:....(

Makes you want to lock up your kids! The "near home" thing is probably a result of the fact that most kids spend the vast majority of their time within that area, so it's the most likely place for them to be abducted if they are going to be abducted.

JMO

I think it comes down to personal belief, then. Until last year, I might have agreed with you.

I posted before that when my mother died last year, I was at her bedside holding her hand. I know that at the instant of her death I felt her spirit soar free of her body. I felt a great uplift of joy and I know it was her spirit rejoicing in her new freedom.

I know my mother's spirit is no longer in her body, no longer bound by her age and illness (we learned she had incurable cancer 9 days before she died). Equally, I know her spirit still exists.

I read an interesting article recently:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswe...a-doctor-s-experience-with-the-afterlife.html

I'm honestly not trying to change anyone's beliefs, just trying to explain what is behind my point of view and what might be behind that pastor's point of view.

As I understand Christianity, Christians also believe that the spirit survives death. I assume that the pastor was Christian from the name of his church, so I'm making the leap that he was speaking from the point of view of someone who believes the spirit does not die with the body.

Makes you want to lock up your kids! The "near home" thing is probably a result of the fact that most kids spend the vast majority of their time within that area, so it's the most likely place for them to be abducted if they are going to be abducted.

JMO

Right, they aren't likely to go much farther without an adult present. I live in the city and there are a bazillion kids always walking around. I keep thinking if one of them went missing and the police needed witnesses, it would be so difficult. Unless there was a huge ruckus made, it is usually too busy for most of us to notice things.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member