CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...I took the article to mean that they found the cross with Jessica or with her things and that they already think the attempted assault person is the same person who killed Jessica and they already have a sketch out of the attempted assault guy. They seem to think if someone recognizes the cross and the person who owns the cross looks like the sketch of the attempted assault guy, then they will have the man who committed both crimes. moo

I don't think we have a sketch. Did I miss something?

I apologise for this and I will make sure that I do not do this again. Again, sorry to those who I annoyed!

FruitTingles, there is absolutely no need to apologize. There are nearly 300 people on this thread right now and the posts are flying by.

I'm thinking possibly the attempted rape victim at Ketner Lake remembers seeing this unique cross on her attacker and that's why they are seeking a connection. And also why they are asking the public for help identifying this cross and it's owner. If the attacker noticed maybe other people in the killer's everyday life did as well. I sure hope so!!

If so, that is a pretty detailed pic to put out with the marks and all that people are speculating upon ...

that could indicate someone of the "cloth" conflicted by his evil cravings?

I doubt it's someone in the clergy, but who knows at this point... As for the satanic trinity? I don't know...I pretty much have satan on the brain after reading the creepy "poems" from the Waterloo craigslist-I'm always looking for connections to what could have happened to Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrisey and some idiot keeps posting these really awful "poems" everyday, they refer to satan, serial killers, killing and giving into satan's desires...the same "poems" everyday-for some reason they've just stuck with me as very disturbing.
Whomever is posting them knows it's upsetting people and you know how craigslist is, full of people who LOVE to upset others while they remain anonymous.
I doubt there's any connection between Elizabeth and Lyric's case with Jessica's as there are many differences in the cases, but there are similarities I just can't overlook.

Suspect In Mother’s Dismemberment Cleared Of Involvement In Ridgeway Case

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...ment-cleared-of-involvement-in-ridgeway-case/

"CBS4 has learned that for two days this week, police investigators working on the Jessica Ridgeway murder case thought they might have their man. They were heavily focused on Ari Misha Liggett as the likely suspect, but DNA testing has now cleared Liggett of involvement in the disappearance and death of the 10-year-old girl."

This answers the 'do they have DNA' question.

Suspect In Mother’s Dismemberment Cleared Of Involvement In Ridgeway Case

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...ment-cleared-of-involvement-in-ridgeway-case/

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they definitely have the perp's DNA

But that chemical link was one more reason authorities heavily focused this week on Ari Liggett. The anxiously awaited DNA testing on Liggett, which came back Wednesday afternoon, indicated he was not connected to the Ridgeway case, according to a law enforcement contact.

I just had a depressing thought. If they've been taking swabs from people to check out their DNA, they must have some that was left on something (to compare it to). I know they do here, and I would imagine that all states take DNA from any convicted rapist/child molester and keep them in their database. That means to me that we're probably wasting our time looking for this guy among RSOs. I think it's time to start looking for pictures of other people in local papers, etc. - maybe a victim or witness to some crime, a local hero, an advertisement for a local business (owner, manager, whatever).

They believe it was dropped by the killer. They believe the killer possessed it. And they think there's a connection with this item dropped/owned/possessed by the killer and the attempted abduction.

That much we know for sure.

What a crazy riddle like something out of a Criminal Minds show....but we're not chewing over a TV show but real life where a beautiful little girl died.

Wouldn't you think if he had dropped this at the original crime scene at Ketner they would have said that at the time when they issued the initial info?

I personally think it was tied to the Jessica crime scene and the woman from this summer saw the guy wearing something like that or has some reason to connect it. Dunno. We can only speculate beyond the stated facts.
I know this isn't an episode of Criminal Minds, but I just happen to be watching it awhile ago and Spencer asked for all the articles associated with the case, from online WITH THE COMMENTS. So I thought, this may not be a bad idea... go see what some commenters have to say. What's to lose?
I thought the 4th comment down was interesting, regarding this cross.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...th-pivotal-evidence-in-jessica-ridgeway-case/

Obviously the DNA they have managed to collect does not match anyone in a CBI or FBI DB because if it did, they would know who it was AND they would not have to ask the public to help identify who might have worn or possessed an item found (the wooden cross).

Could the lines on the cross be made by the killer and indicate the number of victims? Sort of like notches on the gun belt seen in cowboy western movies.

FOUND IT!

CBS local affiliate article. Exact quote not paraphrase.

“Looking at it, again, it’s unique, and we feel or believe that it may have been dropped or left behind by the killer,

BAM! That to me says like dropped by killer at the crime scene or somehow related to Jessica...that's not found at the attempted abduction site to me. "dropped or left behind BY THE KILLER."

If it was at the attempted abduction site then they have definitely linked the two. And I think they are turning the screws on this monster.

Which could be why LE was asking for any info on suspicious activity someone may have seen regarding the Ketner abduction attempts. Perhaps LE did not receive any tips from that request so finally decided to release this piece of evidence, or they may have received some tips that for some reason were not enough to identify the perp? LE is steadfast in believing they are connected, so this must be a significant piece of evidence in identifying the killer.

I don't think we have a sketch. Did I miss something?

I don't know. Maybe I am the one who is confused. Aren't the two sketches that have been posted a few times what they think the attempted assault guy looks like? Maybe I am wrong about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox