CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this part just isn't true (I do, but I also make use of thread subscriptions and such). But even if not, they have time to read 2-3 pages back. And even if they don't have those two minutes to spare, or the politeness to read the thoughts of others, they can *still* click "Search this thread" and type trinity or liggett or cross or whatnot. IMO.

Granted, that option is there, and believe me, I ALWAYS go back on the thread to figure out the latest developments so that I don't have to ask already answered questions, but, when you're strapped for time (maybe due to time zone constraints etc) and you don't want to miss any current conversation, it is sometimes difficult to read back and still keep up with information that is being discussed at that point.

Wonder how a person would go about making "raised" lines in the cross? Is there a tool for that?

Above the lines it looks like something is written. Looks like it says "I'm green."

Pastor Rick Long of Grace Church of Arvada was the pastor who spoke several times at Jessica's memorial. I googled his church and did not find it affiliated with any particular demonination. I may of course have missed something. Do any locals know?

I don't know what his denomination is, but since moving here, I find many people belong to a non-denominational Church. I come from a place where people are Lutheran or Catholic or Methodist, etc. I quickly realized there are mega churches here that are pretty much evangelical, but don't really belong to any particular mainstream religion.

FOUND IT!

CBS local affiliate article. Exact quote not paraphrase.

“Looking at it, again, it’s unique, and we feel or believe that it may have been dropped or left behind by the killer,

BAM! That to me says like dropped by killer at the crime scene or somehow related to Jessica...that's not found at the attempted abduction site to me. "dropped or left behind BY THE KILLER."

If it was at the attempted abduction site then they have definitely linked the two. And I think they are turning the screws on this monster.

I feel the exact same way. I think they are not so much ruling the connection in or out but finding the common thread: the killer.:twocents:

I don't know how this didn't click when I saw the cross. Several days ago when doing general research on this I came across a comment on a news story that led to a blog blaming a priest for this! It looks like COMPLETE psycho babble! It doesn't just have to do with Jessica, it looks like they tacked on Jessica to their list of grievances. This is so frustrating because I know I can't link to it and can't name any names or anything, but I am SURE some other people have come across the same info. I remember thinking the other day "These people are crazy, I'd hope they wouldn't do something to bring attention to their accusations".

I can't figure out what your conclusion is. can you elaborate?

LE said it is related to the attempted abduction at Ketner on memorial day.

No, LE said they are trying to determine if it's related to the attempted abduction on Memorial Day. They said it might not be (or it might be).

I don't think it was at Ketner. It's tied to Jessica. Period.

they are associating it with the May description (re; trying to put the man with the cross)

Police believe there may be a connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, and urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.

The attacker in that case was described as a:

Light skinned male
18-35 (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
Brown hair
Medium build
5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it

FOUND IT!

CBS local affiliate article. Exact quote not paraphrase.

“Looking at it, again, it’s unique, and we feel or believe that it may have been dropped or left behind by the killer,

BAM! That to me says like dropped by killer at the crime scene or somehow related to Jessica...that's not found at the attempted abduction site to me. "dropped or left behind BY THE KILLER."

If it was at the attempted abduction site then they have definitely linked the two. And I think they are turning the screws on this monster.

I'm thinking possibly the attempted rape victim at Ketner Lake remembers seeing this unique cross on her attacker and that's why they are seeking a connection. And also why they are asking the public for help identifying this cross and it's owner. If the attacker noticed maybe other people in the killer's everyday life did as well. I sure hope so!!

The attempted abduction was in May, I think that wasn't clear on a lot of posts. So if the cross is tied to her abduction and was found at Jessica's crime scene and belonged to the killer, then the crimes are possibly connected.

Totally OT:

A man robbed a bank today in Missouri and paused at the door to shout "Go,Cards!" on his way out.

Sorry...

they are associating it with the May description (re; trying to put the man with the cross)

Police believe there may be a connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, and urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.

The attacker in that case was described as a:

Light skinned male
18-35 (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
Brown hair
Medium build
5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it

They believe it was dropped by the killer. They believe the killer possessed it. And they think there's a connection with this item dropped/owned/possessed by the killer and the attempted abduction.

That much we know for sure.

What a crazy riddle like something out of a Criminal Minds show....but we're not chewing over a TV show but real life where a beautiful little girl died.

Wouldn't you think if he had dropped this at the original crime scene at Ketner they would have said that at the time when they issued the initial info?

I personally think it was tied to the Jessica crime scene and the woman from this summer saw the guy wearing something like that or has some reason to connect it. Dunno. We can only speculate beyond the stated facts.

Is MisterMayor around anymore? It would be interesting to hear his perspective...

They believe it was dropped by the killer. They believe the killer possessed it. And they think there's a connection with this item dropped/owned/possessed by the killer and the attempted abduction.

That much we know for sure.

What a crazy riddle like something out of a Criminal Minds show....but we're not chewing over a TV show but real life where a beautiful little girl died.

Wouldn't you think if he had dropped this at the original crime scene at Ketner they would have said that at the time when they issued the initial info?

I personally think it was tied to the Jessica crime scene and the woman from this summer saw the guy wearing something like that or has some reason to connect it. Dunno. We can only speculate beyond the stated facts.

maybe they showed it to her after they found it and she confirmed her attacker was wearing it.

It is an interesting idea. What if they know the cases are linked but don't know the perp? Maybe they are hoping he wore the cross after taking it off the may victim.

Yes...I took the article to mean that they found the cross with Jessica or with her things and that they already think the attempted assault person is the same person who killed Jessica and they already have a sketch out of the attempted assault guy. They seem to think if someone recognizes the cross and the person who owns the cross looks like the sketch of the attempted assault guy, then they will have the man who committed both crimes. moo

Does anyone think this RSO (mentioned earlier) matches the Ketner perp description?

Reyes,Scott Joshua

5' 3'
135 lbs
brown hair
hazel eyes

He lives at 10637 Lowell Drive, Westminster.

(Sorry, I can't get a link to work.)

It is frustrating when ideas and questions are repeated over and over, but that is the nature of a message board. NO ONE can keep up with all of the posts, and some of us don't mind answering posters questions, even if they've been answered repeatedly. These threads move way too fast sometimes, and people may not have the time to go back and find the answer they are looking for. If you don't want to answer someone, don't. Just scroll on by......

Agreed!
I apologise for this and I will make sure that I do not do this again. Again, sorry to those who I annoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark