CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exif on the photos reveal:

Date Time Original 2012-10-11T11:51:49-06:00

Although it doesn't show the true color IMO better photo's are located at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220480/Jessica-Ridgeway-murder-Is-wooden-cross-key-finding-Jessicas-killer-Police-release-pictures-sinister-pendant-believe-belonged-man-murdered-Colorado-10-year-old.html
article-2220480-1596A518000005DC-452_306x458.jpg

article-2220480-1596A508000005DC-803_306x458.jpg

the day she was found

Does anybody see from the top left on the cross down a string of dots? What would make that?

So the photos were taken the day after her body was found. To early for DNA to have linked it to the other case. right?

Oh Lord....they found it with her....poor baby.

I wonder if he made it himself, or if someone made it for him.

the zig zag doesn't look that intentional to me. I don't know if the pattern is as important as the number of lines.
now I'm changing my mind. if the 3 etched lines on the front are the trinity, the zig zag on back could be the antithesis.
although I don't think the 3 etched lines in front are representing victims as I believe they are the trinity, the gouges on the back look like notches on a headboard, so to speak. that concerns me re: number of victims.

does it look like a resin?

That is what I posted on the last thread....well not so much in those words but I thought this cross might have been "placed" with her(gives me chills to type that.)

there was also activity/possible find near standley lake (when they moved the command post over there).. see map (I included the time I believe... est)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2alicia
Someone on the WPD facebook page said it looks like a
"Tau Cross Rosary Ring"

Here is a picture of what it looks like:

Amazon.com: PLC Mens Womens 2 1/4" Brown Wood Bead Tau Cross Cord Finger Rosary Ring: Jewelry

Carbuff:

"Yes, that looks very similar to the ones the guys around here call pocket rosaries. You slip them over your finger so you can count the beads and pray while you're walking or sitting, without being overly conspicuous."

And the size of the cross seems to fit--one inch by one and a half inches.

I never heard of this kind of rosary. Who would use it? Does the Catholic church have different sects? or associates who help out, who are not really priests? Or are they available anywhere rosaries are sold? Are they used more often in some locations than others? Still pretty distinctive looking.

I'm not really thinking that the perp was really religious at some point... maybe he used the cross/rosary as a keychain, or took it from a relative, etc. Maybe it was broken during the disposal, and only the cross was found?

Just thinking and brainstorming out loud. :)

In all honesty, to me the pictures don't look like the same cross. I clearly need to get some sleep. (the 2 look like the same one, but the 3rd looks different, not just color, but wood grain too)

Hi Chili!

I agree and I posted back in the last thread (#13) that I think the cross could have been in the backpack, or in a pocket in the backpack or in the pocket of her clothing in the backpack. For some reason LE needed to ask JR's parents if she had such an item (the cross). That implies the cross was with her things--something they can absolutely link to Jessica, versus found at the body recovery site.

Except for this quote - “Looking at it, again, it’s unique, and we feel or believe that it may have been dropped or left behind by the killer,” Trevor Materasso with Westminster police said.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/19/wooden-cross-could-provide-break-in-ridgeway-case/

I have a difficult time believing that if LE thinks, as a possibility, that the perp accidentally left it (i.e. "dropped") at one of the crime scenes that this cross was found in the backpack. I cannot reconcile it being left in the backpack with LE suggesting it could have been left accidentally. How do you accidentally leave/drop this type of item in a backpack during this type of crime? I'm genuinely questioning this; not being snarky.

the zig zag doesn't look that intentional to me. I don't know if the pattern is as important as the number of lines.
now I'm changing my mind. if the 3 etched lines on the front are the trinity, the zig zag on back could be the antithesis.
although I don't think the 3 etched lines in front are representing victims as I believe they are the trinity, the gouges on the back look like notches on a headboard, so to speak. that concerns me re: number of victims.

does it look like a resin?

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=4721926

Different angle reveals the wood and red tones.

[IMGhttp://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=4721926][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph