CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this same pic lastnight. Another poster brought to my attention that this photo was taken AFTER Jessica was already gone.. So, this cross is not the cross we are looking for.. it would have been at the scene with Jessicas remains at this point in time.

Police asked for information regarding anyone that has bought or wears or sells a cross like that. They didn't specific that the Cross having been seen before the body was found.

They actually didn't state where the Cross was found. Could have been when she disappeared it could have been by the book bag or it could have been the remains. Anyway I emailed the Tip Line with the link already.

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect...I just thought it would be helpful, and hopeful, if we could learn something from this to keep our kids safer.

That's what I'm trying to say. The bag was maybe kept in the trunk. Then after the search was called off for the night put on a street a nearby street during darkness.

I could be wrong about when the search was called off and when the bag was found. But doesn't it seem odd that the bag was just outside of the search radius and wasn't found until late. If it had been out all day someone would have seen it. Had the city announced there was a missing girl that day? Even in a post 9/11 world a bookbag just sitting out is out as it could contain explosives or a bomb. You would have to think if it had been out all day it would have been seen.

Would people really think a backpack in a suburban neighborhood, 2000 miles from NYC/DC, and 11 years after 9/11 would contain a bomb? Would that really be the first thing that came to mind?

I would still be interested if someone could blow up just the cross from that picture. I don't think the guy wearing it is involved but it does show how common that type of cross is.

Would people really think a backpack in a suburban neighborhood, 2000 miles from NYC/DC, and 11 years after 9/11 would contain a bomb? Would that really be the first thing that came to mind?

I would think that people would be vigilant of it. I'm not saying that's the first thought. I'm stating that in the world we live in now there is VERY LITTLE chance that that bookbag was sitting out all day without someone seeing it or reporting it. My whole statement was to make the point I believe the bookbag was placed there during the night by someone who knew that the search was over for the night.

And for the record I'm sure that terrorism is still in the minds of Colorado residence. How far is this place from Aurora and James Holmes? Not saying they should live in fear just that I'm sure people are still extra vigilant to things that seem out of place.

I wonder how many people they have working the cross angle. I sort of feel bad for LE because you know they probably got 4000 tips saying "the three notches=the holy trinity!!!" or "so and so wore a cross once three years ago!"
I am not demeaning those tips at all, but I wonder how long it will take for them to look through all of them. Hoping that one of them is the tip that breaks it all open.

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect...I just thought it would be helpful, and hopeful, if we could learn something from this to keep our kids safer.

back when I was 10, almost a quarter of a century ago, we walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus. I never remember a parent walking their kid to the bus stop. When I live the same house now I ALWAYS see parents with their kids at the bus stop. That is one way to keep your child safe. Drive them to school or wait for them to get on the bus.

I wonder how many people they have working the cross angle. I sort of feel bad for LE because you know they probably got 4000 tips saying "the three notches=the holy trinity!!!" or "so and so wore a cross once three years ago!"
I am not demeaning those tips at all, but I wonder how long it will take for them to look through all of them. Hoping that one of them is the tip that breaks it all open.

Probably a ton. In the news article asking for people who wear the cross, may have worn it or sold it they specifically said they aren't looking for interpretation of what the cross means or the symbols just information on those who wear it or have been seen wearing it.

I've lived in CO for the past 6 years, and there is a huge "craft show" circuit here. Every group in every city has one. They start in October and run through Christmas. I've participated in them, and you learn that many shows have the same vendors at them every year. You quickly get to know all of the different sellers. If this cross was bought at one of the shows, then someone knows who carved it.

So true, Darcyline, and unfortunately this is one of the biggest reasons LE is hesitant to ask the public for assistance in many of these cases.

I will also say that I think in neighborhoods with kids that a children's backpack would be less suspicious than a random backpack elsewhere. I do not even register random backpacks, bikes, or other "kid stuff" left around my neighborhood anymore. I don't think people would see an kid's backpack in a neighborhood with kids and necessarily think bomb or something suspicious immediately.

I'm sorry but a random backpack just sitting out near the edge of the street is noteworthy. If it's up against a house or a front porch, yes, then I can see people saying oh the kid must have dropped it running in the house. Just sitting the sidewalk no way.

BTW when did it become known in the city that Jessica was missing? The mom didn't know till about 4? Was there an Amber Alert put out at 6 or 7?

An unaccompanied bag in a busy airport could contain a terrorist bomb. But one sitting on a quiet suburban street where there are few if any potential victims doesn't fit with the goals of a terrorist.

I would still be interested if someone could blow up just the cross from that picture. I don't think the guy wearing it is involved but it does show how common that type of cross is.

Yes,I would please like to see it too.It shows me other young people could have worn a similar necklace.

I'm sorry but a random backpack just sitting out near the edge of the street is noteworthy. If it's up against a house or a front porch, yes, then I can see people saying oh the kid must have dropped it running in the house. Just sitting the sidewalk no way.

BTW when did it become known in the city that Jessica was missing? The mom didn't know till about 4? Was there an Amber Alert put out at 6 or 7?

The gentleman who found the backpack wasn't even aware there was a missing child in that area...and the backpack was found 5 days later.

It wasn't really a random backpack though. It was a bright pink one that was obviously an elementary school child's backpack in a place that has a lot of young kids who may be carrying a bright pink elementary school backpack. I am not sure if you have kids or are around kids a lot, but them leaving their stuff everywhere is perfectly normal. I completely understand why the neighbors were not panicked or calling LE as soon as they saw it.

Guys - I hate to do this to you, but I'm closing this thread now for a quick reivew and because it is sooooooo long. I will open a new thread for you in just a few minutes. In the meantime, please take a minute to review the rules and etiquitte right here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

REMEMBER: We don't sleuth or disparage or insinuate about family UNLESS LE or MSM give us reason to. If that happens, the mods will let you know.

ALSO - we don't post random pics of people on facebook. We DO NOT involve the innocent in these horrific cases.

Sometimes you might stumble across something that you think is pertinent, but is against TOS to post. If that happens, the best course of action is to make a note of it and keep it UNDER YOUR HAT. Don't post here. Wait to see if the parameters of the case change so that the info does become important. If in doubt, contact a Mod for help.

Thanks,

Salem

Okay - lets move it over here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8482843#post8482843"]Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks!

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members