CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now if J's dad drove J why didnt they go looking for Jess if she wasnt there?
Im having big trouble with all this its not all that far If she running late go get her or CALLLLLLL

I thought that also, kinda mean to not find out where she is at, especially since Jessica called ahead and said she was coming. You would think he would drive to her home and see if she is okay. Not just go straight to the school and drop his son off. Sounds fishy to me. JMO

I've been thinking...If anyone has a schedule like Jessica's mom did, and sleeps during the day, it seems important to have a secondary emergency contact for your child's school! If only the school had contacted another family member/friend about her not being at school that morning, maybe something could have been done, or they could have searched while the trail was still warm, etc.
My kids' schools always had updated phone #'s for me, my ex and alternative others , in case we couldn't be reached. Always,...this was extremely important to me.
Unfortunately, when I suggest to other parents that they take extra care to protect and educate themselves and their kids, they look at me like i'm just plain over-protective.
I try so hard to get people to become aware, but most look at me like i'm invisible. Sadly, for most people, until such tragedies hit close to home, too many people just turn away like this cannot happen to them.
I'm not faulting this family or any other...just sayin'.

Hey folks, I think some of us should take a refresher course in the TOS. No sleuthing of unnamed suspects. No sleuthing of minors. No blaming family. No posting rumors found on blogs or Facebook. Etc etc etc. we have been very bad... Can you all go back and police your own posts before the thread has to be shut down and cleaned out?
Please?

I thought that also, kinda mean to not find out where she is at, especially since Jessica called ahead and said she was coming. You would think he would drive to her home and see if she is okay. Not just go straight to the school and drop his son off. Sounds fishy to me. JMO

Exactly!
she called him said she was going to meet them you dont just leave without her.

Unless he found her on his way back home! JMO

I heard a bunch of cars on Andrew in superior (Where Bp was Found) were broken into overnight but obvious valuables like wallets and iPods were not taken. No idea if it's related.

At about 2 p.m., workers came across a plastic garbage bag in plain view near a culvert on the side of the road, said Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan. The bag was heavy and "seemed kind of strange," she said.

At that moment, animal-management officers who typically chase down stray dogs and escaped livestock drove by.

The maintenance workers flagged them down. An animal-control officer looked inside the bag and saw human remains, McGranahan said. Law enforcement officials have declined to be any more specific than to say they discovered a body that was "not intact."

Read more: Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...way-what-happened-colorado-girl#ixzz29x86L1bW
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

BBM

near Not in; seems the perp could have tossed the bag over the fence and it landed up from the culvert as seen by pictures with the stretcher. What we don't know is if the bag was tied, torn open by animals but animal control "looked inside" and called LE.

Exactly!
she called him said she was going to meet them you dont just leave without her.

Unless he found her on his way back home! JMO

Then maybe dropped her off in front of the school?
I really have to believe that LE has cleared this guy!

I heard a bunch of cars on Andrew in superior (Where Bp was Found) were broken into overnight but obvious valuables like wallets and iPods were not taken. No idea if it's related.

Wouldn't LE have to have the unsubs DNA to rule out suspects?

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/...thers-Murder-And-Ridgeway-Case-175074661.html

10/20/2012: Westminster, Colorado: DNA Rules out Link Between Suspect in Mother’s Murder and Jessica Ridgeway Dismemberment Case: For a minute, police thought they might have Jessica Ridgeway’s killer in custody. Ari Liggett, 24, was arrested Wednesday in connection with the death of his mother in Arapahoe County. He was found driving with the dismembered remains of a woman in the backseat of his car, later identified as his mother. Liggett and his mother had both been reported missing Monday.
A law enforcement source told sister station KCNC that the similarity in the state of Jessica’s and Beverly Liggett’s remains aroused suspicion that their deaths could be connected, as did reports that Ari Liggett’s mental state was worsening around the time Jessica disappeared in early October.
DNA testing, however, has ruled Liggett out as a suspect in the Ridgeway case.

Well I guess they would ! LOL I didnt see that article! The condition of the remains being similar in both cases would probably be what tool was used to dismember them. JMO

Well I guess they would ! LOL I didnt see that article! The condition of the remains being similar in both cases would probably be what tool was used to dismember them. JMO

I think it was just the fact that they were dismembered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am really bothered by inconsistencies in regards to the state the remains were found.
Initially I thought the were reported as being laid out in the open, which made sense since the aerial video showed them placing body in a stretcher and covering. I think something had been said about maybe the body was in a bag initially but may have been pulled out by animals.
Now they are saying that remains were discovered in a bag, even to quote or describe the waste worker lifting the bag ( presumably closed to some degree). And calling over animal control to look at it? Which is odd.
If this is so, then why would their be live film some 6 plus hours later of them lifting a body from the ground to a stretcher.
Anyone with experience in protocol? Wouldn't taking remains from bag and laying on ground contaminate the evidence?
This also bothered me about the backpack, reports of police putting it on the sidewalk and photographing it, etc. Why.
I just don't like the inconsistencies. It makes it difficult to get a true picture, and it could be hindering the public from drawing the correct conclusions.

Matou, can you tell me the source of the model airplane reference? My husband used to build them, fly them and go to competitions on the East coast here. This is a huge hobby for some men and they spend $$$$ building and flying and competing. Was there a competition in Arvada Open Space that week?

The model airplane field is on private land adjacent just southwest of where the body was found. The runway is easy to spot on Google Maps satellite view.

There are other hobbiests who would be familiar with the area. Hang glider enthusiasts use a hillside near the parking area at the West end of Pattridge Park. Leyden road also attracts motorcycle riders that like running the isolated road at far above the legal speed.

Tracy Neef murder sounds oddly familiar (Websleuths thread 2009)
Tracy Neef murder sounds oddly familiar - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sadly, this thread was used for yet another pi$$ing match for IDI VS RDIs in the JBR case. Tracy's murder wasn't sleuthed here at all, really. :( I know it's hard because there's not much there and not much hope someone will ever be apprehended for her murder, but she still deserves more than just being a footnote to the JBR murder. Hopefully, some reporter can find out more info about Tracy's case ie, police reports, witnesses, newspaper articles that probably aren't online. Hint, hint..... ;)

I am really bothered by inconsistencies in regards to the state the remains were found.
Initially I thought the were reported as being laid out in the open, which made sense since the aerial video showed them placing body in a stretcher and covering. I think something had been said about maybe the body was in a bag initially but may have been pulled out by animals.
Now they are saying that remains were discovered in a bag, even to quote or describe the waste worker lifting the bag ( presumably closed to some degree). And calling over animal control to look at it? Which is odd.
If this is so, then why would their be live film some 6 plus hours later of them lifting a body from the ground to a stretcher.
Anyone with experience in protocol? Wouldn't taking remains from bag and laying on ground contaminate the evidence?
This also bothered me about the backpack, reports of police putting it on the sidewalk and photographing it, etc. Why.
I just don't like the inconsistencies. It makes it difficult to get a true picture, and it could be hindering the public from drawing the correct conclusions.

If the body was found in the bag, and then LE opened the bag and began to examine the remains on the scene, then by the time the media got there, perhaps the body parts *were* laid out, and that's why people remember seen no that. Just speculating, since clearly the body had already been removed from the bag by the time any media pictures we have seen were taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well I had a plan to check out Colorados RSO website and see if any of the offenders had a cross around their neck. But the pictures don't always show their necks, bad pictures to identify an offender if you ask me.

I imagine that poor man is thinking that same thing... Over and over...:cry:

WE do not know if he called her home or not or even if he went and banged on their door. Many times people fall through with plans, maybe he thought Jessica's mom ended up driving her, who knows. Maybe there were other times that she did not show up, we have no idea.
But I really feel it is a mute point because LE must have been all over that guy. I am ruling him out.

you are not alone. It has been driving me crazy for the better part of two hours now.

---------------
Someone mentioned (last night) watching a movie yesterday and the cross was shown at the end of the movie! The name of the movie might be "The Read". it would be in last thread near the end.:seeya:

RE: I also think the reason why psychopaths with higher IQs don't tend to be serial killers (I can't think of a single serial killer with an IQ of over around 125 on the Stanford-Binet test)

Theodore Bundy's IQn was 125-131 and was ironically appointed to the Oregon State Public Safety Council by the Governor. He also volunteered at the Seattle, WA, office of Nelson Rockefeller's presidential campaign, and in August, attended the 1968 Republican National Convention in Miami as a Rockefeller delegate. Bundy (by his own admission) mastered the skills needed—in the era before DNA profiling—to leave minimal incriminating evidence at a crime scene.

Irony: In 1975 Bundy shifted much of his criminal activity eastward to Colorado. A hundred miles (160 km) northeast of Snowmass on March 15, Vail ski instructor Julie Cunningham, 26, disappeared while walking from her apartment to a dinner date with a friend. Bundy later told Colorado investigators that he approached her on crutches and asked that she help carry his ski boots to his car, where he clubbed and handcuffed her, then assaulted and strangled her at a remote secondary site near Rifle, Colorado, 90 miles west of Vail.

Weeks later he made the six-hour drive from Salt Lake City to revisit her remains. On 06/7/1977 Bundy escaped from the Pitkin County Courthouse in Aspen, Colorado.

Serial Killer Gary Michael Hilton age 62 when IQ (120) tested in the Death Penalty trial FL, for the abduction/murder/dismemberment of Cheryl Dunlap. His IQ was much higher at a younger age but was diminished due to drug use/lifestyle, etc., imo.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Gary_Michael_Hilton_Trial_-_Penalty_Phase_116396099.html

The defense calls Dr. Charles Josh Golden, a Neurophysiologist.

Dr. Golden visited with Hilton on Dec 30, 2010 in the jail to assess his ability to think at a higher level and his personality functioning.

Different tests included:

-Verbal scale test, Hilton scored a 120 which is in the upper 10 % of the population

-Nonverbal reasoning test, Hilton scored a 105, which is average

-Working memory and ability to repeat, Hilton scored a 131, which is in the upper 2% of the population has excellent memory (GMH, began reading encyclopedias at the age of 4 years old)

-Verbal memory test, Hilton scored a 117- 129, which is in the top 10% of the population

Serial Killer Edmund Emil "Big Ed" Kemper III (born December 18, 1948), also known as "The Co-ed Killer"

At age 15, Kemper was committed to the Atascadero State Hospital for murdering his grandparents. He befriended his psychologist, and even became his assistant. Tests during his time at Atascadero revealed that he had an I.Q. of 136. Later, during adulthood, he tested at 145..
"Too many predators/serial killers with extremely high IQs to list, GrainneDhu".. "It would be reasonable to conclude that the most intelligent predators/serial killers have yet to be identified/captured"..

cats>Felines>Females...

The only one of the above that I put much credence in is Ed Kemper, since it specifically says he was tested as an adult.

See, there's something many people don't realise about IQ testing in children: it changes, sometimes pretty dramatically. That's because children themselves change. The tests are based on the average for the child's age at the time of the test. However, it is not at all uncommon for children to undergo developmental spurts where they get a little ahead of their age cohort. When tested during one of those developmental spurts, a child can test out quite a bit higher than their adult IQ.

It can also happen the other way around; it isn't uncommon for a child to go through a delay in development where they fall behind just a bit. If tested during that delayed period, they can test quite a bit lower than their adult IQ.

For instance, at ten years old my brother tested at 148. As an adult, he tested at 176 (he's a Ph.D microbiologist working at an Ivy League university with bajillions in grant money). He and my sister got all the brains in this particular family.

Ted Bundy is often cited as an example of an intelligent serial killer. He had somewhat above average intelligence but he wasn't that bright, at least not in practice. He had trouble keeping up with classes when he started his first year of law school. Even if he hadn't been a serial killer, it's highly unlikely he would have been able to successfully finish law school.

Serial killing doesn't take much in the way of brain power. Gary Ridgway was a very successful serial killer, managed to pass several interrogations, a visit by LE while he actually had the victim in his bedroom and two polygraphs (which are woo-woo science anyway, little better than a coin flip).

Ridgway's IQ was somewhere between 75 and 85 (sources vary), which is below average.

By looking at his life, it's apparent that Ridgway didn't have much in the way of intelligence. He held the same job at Kenworth (painting trucks) from 1969 to his arrest in 2001.

Until Jessica's killer is found, I don't think there's much point to speculating about his intelligence level. It doesn't take much brainpower to destroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther