CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really bothered by inconsistencies in regards to the state the remains were found.
Initially I thought the were reported as being laid out in the open, which made sense since the aerial video showed them placing body in a stretcher and covering. I think something had been said about maybe the body was in a bag initially but may have been pulled out by animals.
Now they are saying that remains were discovered in a bag, even to quote or describe the waste worker lifting the bag ( presumably closed to some degree). And calling over animal control to look at it? Which is odd.
If this is so, then why would their be live film some 6 plus hours later of them lifting a body from the ground to a stretcher.
Anyone with experience in protocol? Wouldn't taking remains from bag and laying on ground contaminate the evidence?
This also bothered me about the backpack, reports of police putting it on the sidewalk and photographing it, etc. Why.
I just don't like the inconsistencies. It makes it difficult to get a true picture, and it could be hindering the public from drawing the correct conclusions.

I think it is pretty certain, based on all the reports taken together (especially what the people who initially found it have said) that the backpack was found NOT inside of a bag. Perhaps the shots we see of it in a bag on the sidewalk are because it was bagged up and then was sitting there while police were doing further combing of the area, etc. just speculating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am really bothered by inconsistencies in regards to the state the remains were found.
Initially I thought the were reported as being laid out in the open, which made sense since the aerial video showed them placing body in a stretcher and covering. I think something had been said about maybe the body was in a bag initially but may have been pulled out by animals.
Now they are saying that remains were discovered in a bag, even to quote or describe the waste worker lifting the bag ( presumably closed to some degree). And calling over animal control to look at it? Which is odd.
If this is so, then why would their be live film some 6 plus hours later of them lifting a body from the ground to a stretcher.
Anyone with experience in protocol? Wouldn't taking remains from bag and laying on ground contaminate the evidence?
This also bothered me about the backpack, reports of police putting it on the sidewalk and photographing it, etc. Why.
I just don't like the inconsistencies. It makes it difficult to get a true picture, and it could be hindering the public from drawing the correct conclusions.

There were still body parts missing after they found this garbage bag. It could be the second set of remains found were staged which could be where the cross was found. Wasn't there a second site of remains?

From May 2012 - Websleuths
AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12
The Silent Epidemic - eye opening indeed...
Page automatically reloads every 300 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme
want to really have a moment? Check out the interactive amber alert map which also shows all current attempted abductions in the United States. It is completely eye opening

http://amberalerts.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

There were still body parts missing after they found this garbage bag. It could be the second set of remains found were staged which could be where the cross was found. Wasn't there a second site of remains?

Where was it reported in MSM that there were parts missing? And, no, I do not recall any mention of any second location for remains.

Then maybe dropped her off in front of the school?
I really have to believe that LE has cleared this guy!

I have not heard anyone but mom and dad were cleared.
This man dropped his son off at school he left Jess.
He could have picked her up as he was driving back home.

He might be very innocent but as i see it e knew she was meeting them but decided to leave her didnt bother looking for her or calling to find out what happend. Not to mention he spoke to her that morning before she went missing.
He knew she was going to meet them.

I agree, his actions, especially after just talking to the girl on the phone, seemed suspicious. Not saying at all he has anything to do with this. Just odd he didn't atleast drive over to check on her. To call or anything. Especially when they appear to be close enough to have each others numbers and stuff. Just curious on why he just decided to drop his son off without even checking on her, that we know of.

I'm sure he's kicked himself so many times for not checking that he's black and blue.

It sounds like things got rushed that morning. They waited until 8:40 am, then left for school. There was probably some flurry of activity getting into the car and getting out of the car at school (plus possible having to wait in a line of cars with all the other parents who were driving their children that day).

By the time the father dropped off his son, he may just have forgotten about the whole thing with Jessica. Especially if he was due for work, he might have just gone into automatic "get to work" mode.

Think of all the sad cases where a parent accidentally leaves a baby in the car seat in the back seat, forgetting to drop the baby off at the babysitter or day care. It usually happens when that parent doesn't normally drive the baby for care and something happens that distracts the parent. It can be as small as having to wait for a train and getting a bit anxious about getting to work.

The baby is usually asleep in the back seat, so there's no obvious cue to remind the parent take the baby to care. Their minds are not in parent mode, they just forget and a tragedy happens.

There's no malice aforethought, it's just an accident of memory with a horrible consequence.

I 'hope to hell' the blogger doesn't know what they are talking about. My brain doesn't even want to go there.

Clearly he didn't know what he was talking about, since the article came out about how Jessica's remains were found in a plastic bag that felt strange to the person picking it up.

What with one person picking it up and noticing it felt strange, then another person (the animal control officer) opening the bag, I don't see how anyone could say for sure that the remains faced in different directions originally.

And certainly not someone who is not even part of the investigative team.

WE do not know if he called her home or not or even if he went and banged on their door. Many times people fall through with plans, maybe he thought Jessica's mom ended up driving her, who knows. Maybe there were other times that she did not show up, we have no idea.
But I really feel it is a mute point because LE must have been all over that guy. I am ruling him out.

This is why we are all her to discuss what May have happend to Jessica .
I cant rule him out because he has a part in this tragedy ,this little girl was supposed to be with him and he says she wasnt. All JMO

Matou, can you tell me the source of the model airplane reference? My husband used to build them, fly them and go to competitions on the East coast here. This is a huge hobby for some men and they spend $$$$ building and flying and competing. Was there a competition in Arvada Open Space that week.

Just east of Colorado 93 along 82nd Street in Arvada, Pattridge Park Open Space is a barren, isolated area of prickly pear cactus and yucca. The land is pocked with the ruins of mine shafts and barbed-wire fence.
There are tumbleweeds, coyotes and, on weekends, the buzz of model airplanes.

Read more: Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...way-what-happened-colorado-girl#ixzz29xEnusGf
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

It's just too bad that the mom didn't get any of the calls from the school. Because it was snowing I believe they could have followed her tracks to see where they stopped and check to see if there were any tracks that approached on foot or car tracks. From the most recent article the other kids dad waited for Jessica and when it got close enough to school time he drove his son to school probably thinking she was running late and would just get a ride herself to school. In all honesty we don't really know if she headed off to the friends and didn't get there or was late and headed straight to school her self.

Well I had a plan to check out Colorados RSO website and see if any of the offenders had a cross around their neck. But the pictures don't always show their necks, bad pictures to identify an offender if you ask me.

I wish these sites showed all their identifying features - tattoos etc.

If the body was found in the bag, and then LE opened the bag and began to examine the remains on the scene, then by the time the media got there, perhaps the body parts *were* laid out, and that's why people remember seen no that. Just speculating, since clearly the body had already been removed from the bag by the time any media pictures we have seen were taken.

I do not think LE would contaminate the remains and lie the out on the ground they would send the bag as they found it to the medical examiner.

It could have been on the trash bag and the outside of her body, right?

I'm wondering if they have the same DNA profile from more than one piece of evidence. That would explain the certainty that they can use that profile to rule someone out.

If they found a profile only on her backpack or the outside of the garbage bag, then there would be a chance it was contamination from an innocent person. But if they found the same profile in both places... well, that would take some mighty fancy 'splainin!

Clearly LE had remains on a stretcher at one point, or so it appeared; was the bag on the stretcher? I can't imagine that the remains would have been removed from a bag at the scene, the bag would have become a part of the crime scene as soon as discovered and would need to be dealt with by CSI/ME. Today's article makes things more confusing than ever.

So the backpack was found just outside the search area. But I'm sure someone living in that neighborhood would have seen it during the day. Those type of things simply aren't missed when the whole city knows about a missing child. So the person who did it most likely put it there for a reason. i.e. They wanted it to be seen and it was too obvious putting it in an area that had just been searched. So...it probably was someone on the search, and the bag was already in the trunk. When people were sent home he drive nearby and set it out.

Clearly LE had remains on a stretcher at one point, or so it appeared; was the bag on the stretcher? I can't imagine that the remains would have been removed from a bag at the scene, the bag would have become a part of the crime scene as soon as discovered and would need to be dealt with by CSI/ME. Today's article makes things more confusing than ever.

I agree! I kind of believe the remains were in the bag and animals tore the bag open and moved her remains around the area!

No way did LE open the bag and remove anything!

So the backpack was found just outside the search area. But I'm sure someone living in that neighborhood would have seen it during the day. Those type of things simply aren't missed when the whole city knows about a missing child. So the person who did it most likely put it there for a reason. i.e. They wanted it to be seen and it was too obvious putting it in an area that had just been searched. So...it probably was someone on the search, and the bag was already in the trunk. When people were sent home he drive nearby and set it out.

I thought it was placed there after dark, though?

I thought it was placed there after dark, though?

That's what I'm trying to say. The bag was maybe kept in the trunk. Then after the search was called off for the night put on a street a nearby street during darkness.

I could be wrong about when the search was called off and when the bag was found. But doesn't it seem odd that the bag was just outside of the search radius and wasn't found until late. If it had been out all day someone would have seen it. Had the city announced there was a missing girl that day? Even in a post 9/11 world a bookbag just sitting out is out as it could contain explosives or a bomb. You would have to think if it had been out all day it would have been seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500