CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mother last saw her as she walked out the door. She did not walk outside to see what direction she was going, the last she saw her was at the door.

We know from the Denver post article that JR route was different that day, maybe bc of the snow. Instead of the park she was walking to the friends house, which was a 4-5 minute walk, to walk to school. I imagine that was the same general direction (toward the school) but probably was slightly different than normal.

So it seems unlikely it is some perp who was stalking her and waiting for her to walk by bc her route was different that day. It was a crime of opportunity, I think.

She probably got abducted bw 8:30-8:35 on the route to the friends house. I am not sure if that route takes her by the park. Otherwise she would have left home 8:30, she should have arrived at the friends house at 8:35. We know she did not arrive at 8:35 like she should have. When she did not arrive at 8:40, they left to get to school on time.

Since they have DNA, and they were cleared some suspects like the mom killer one, I imagine they also cleared the friends father as well as many neighbors in the area. They probably just are not announcing it because they do not want to bring unwarranted attention to these people or make the media think that they were once suspects. LE would not be bringing up the pond attack or talking about a predator at large if they thought it was someone in the immediate neighborhood especially after it has been a few weeks. It has been 2 weeks, I believe that they probably went through all the men on the route and found nothing.

That is why this case is so intriguing. 9 times out of 10 it is usually someone close, and they get the person fairly soon. I don't think LE has any idea of who this person is and unlike many cases, it is probably not someone close bc 1) they would have cleared them by DNA; or 2) they would be watching them like a hawk if they refused to give DNA. They apparently thought the mom killer guy was their man but DNA cleared him., which makes me think they do not have a 2 situation. I imagine all who were close gave DNA.

Wait a min didnt her mom say Jess spoke to J's father that morning about meeting to go to school?

Could he have told her to meet at a diff location?

I found it odd she spoke to the dad and not to the son!

Yes, I believe she was killed somwhere else. I found it weird that like the next day people were already at the scene paying their respects and if she was killed there that would have never happened.
In other words the scence where she was found was pretty clean once LE swept it for evidence.

The other thing about the murder site being a separate location is that it blows most theories about triangles out of the water, unless it's the same as one of the other sites, or on the straight line somewhere, or -- hm. In the middle of the supposed pentacle?

That doesen't make any difference IMO, at all, I mean a grown up, a parent, make a meeting arrangement with a 10 year old girl who is a friend of his son, so they can walk together to school, and she doesn´t show up, why on earth didn't he call her and ask like; "are you on your way?" or somthing???
I find it very odd indeed.

I was just clarifying the info. Didn't mean to imply it would change the question of why he didn't call or whatever. That issue has been gone over extensively, because many people agree that it would have made sense and been the responsible thing for him to have called or checked on her, but some people think either (1) men are not very likely to think of that, and/or (2) she may have a history of making casual arrangements and not actually showing up, so he didn't think it was strange or worth following up on. I also speculate that he may have thought the school would deal with it if she didn't show up, so didn't think it would be important for him to.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wait a min didnt her mom say Jess spoke to J's father that morning about meeting to go to school?

Could he have told her to meet at a diff location?

I found it odd she spoke to the dad and not to the son!

I agree that it is all very strange, and there are tons of unanswered questions about this part of the timeline. What we've been left with, however, is that this guy would have been among the obvious first people for LE to have checked out, yet they have never indicated that he was a person of interest. So we assume he must have been ruled out based on some evidence, whether polygraph, DNA, witness accounts (kid was dropped at school at a certain time, then he was at work a certain number of minutes after that, for instance), or whatever.

JMO

Some very nice things mentioned about WS in the link, and the blogger seems to know some details. But, I'm stuck on the former prosecutors' statement about finding the body "facing in different directions". I mean, there's the MSM statement about the body being found in a plastic garbage bag? Do we combine both statements and "assume" there were multiple bags?

The MSM statement is linked/quoted in the very next post (#1108), but I cannot figure out how to "multi-quote". I haven't had enough coffee to make my brain work, yet. :notgood: Could someone help me out for the future, please!

Yes, lots of praise for WS and a whole lotta disinfo.

I still don't understand why the father of the boy who was going to give Jessica a ride to school that morning did not call Jessica's home when she didn't show up.

As has been said, sometimes (often) men don't think the same way moms do when it comes to such things. It's like part of their brains are missing. Not all of them, my brother is not like this, but my husband is. Very smart, well educated, personable, successful, involved dad, all that... but sometimes I don't know WHAT he is thinking (or not thinking) when it comes to certain situations.

Example: When our kids were 7 and 4, he was to be watching them at home while I was out somewhere. Son's 7yo friend comes over, they ask that all 3 of them can go up to the school to play. So DH says ok, which is fine ... but he lets them go ALONE. It isn't that far, and it's not a "bad" part of town, but hello?? And they have to cross a road with a 45mph speed limit that has no light or crosswalk where they are crossing.

Long story short, he gets a call from the police because the security guard found 3 children on the roof at the school. I made DH explain all this to the other kid's mother, b/c I knew she'd be furious. But to this day, DH still thinks it's funny. Ugh, whatever.

So ... would he call another mother to say, "Hey, your kid never showed up to walk with my son."? Absolutely not. Danger is not part of the vocabulary here.

He could have dropped his son off to the school earlier and then back tracked to get Jess

Some very nice things mentioned about WS in the link, and the blogger seems to know some details. But, I'm stuck on the former prosecutors' statement about finding the body "facing in different directions". I mean, there's the MSM statement about the body being found in a plastic garbage bag? Do we combine both statements and "assume" there were multiple bags?

The MSM statement is linked/quoted in the very next post (#1108), but I cannot figure out how to "multi-quote". I haven't had enough coffee to make my brain work, yet. :notgood: Could someone help me out for the future, please!

Yes, that is extremely confusing. Where did he get his info? Is his info reliable, or is the Denver Post article more authoritative? I know we go by MSM, but did he get his from MSM? I don't recall it ever being reported that the body was found mutilated and pointing in different directions.

JMO

BBM

I did a double take on that also. I remember when we were watching the helicopter's live feed some posters thought they saw body parts that I didn't see. Maybe those of us who saw different parts were all correct???

But that doesn't make sense to me, if it was found in a garbage bag? Was part in the bag and other pieces displayed? If so, why didn't the guys picking up trash see those parts, which would have been recognizable as human?

I agree that it is all very strange, and there are tons of unanswered questions about this part of the timeline. What we've been left with, however, is that this guy would have been among the obvious first people for LE to have checked out, yet they have never indicated that he was a person of interest. So we assume he must have been ruled out based on some evidence, whether polygraph, DNA, witness accounts (kid was dropped at school at a certain time, then he was at work a certain number of minutes after that, for instance), or whatever.

JMO

AFAIK the only ppl ruled out are Mom and Dad!

The interesting thing about the killers with higher IQ's is that it seems they were "charmers"... they had the ability to fool others.

BBM

I did a double take on that also. I remember when we were watching the helicopter's live feed some posters thought they saw body parts that I didn't see. Maybe those of us who saw different parts were all correct???

But that doesn't make sense to me, if it was found in a garbage bag? Was part in the bag and other pieces displayed? If so, why didn't the guys picking up trash see those parts, which would have been recognizable as human?

Maybe the blogger got his info from reading people here who thought they saw parts pointing in different directions. Just speculating.

AFAIK the only ppl ruled out are Mom and Dad!

That is my understanding, as well. However, this guy hasn't been identified as a target by LE, and they have asked for information from the public that implies they do not have a suspect in mind.

BBM

What bothered me was the sentence where they said they thought she was alive when this was happening

That is my understanding, as well. However, this guy hasn't been identified as a target by LE, and they have asked for information from the public that implies they do not have a suspect in mind.

They have said nothing about anyone they could have some POI's and they need info to put certain ppl in certain places so the more info they get the better off it will be!

I cant rule this guy out sorry.
He may be perfectly innocent but he spoke to her that morning then said he saw her at school then they all said she wasnt at school its all way to jarbled why cat you remember what happend that morning. and if Jess didnt meet them to go to school he should have called her mom.

They have said nothing about anyone they could have some POI's and they need info to put certain ppl in certain places so the more info they get the better off it will be!

I cant rule this guy out sorry.
He may be perfectly innocent but he spoke to her that morning then said he saw her at school then they all said she wasnt at school its all way to jarbled why cat you remember what happend that morning. and if Jess didnt meet them to go to school he should have called her mom.

I don't think the father ever said he saw her at school. That was the kid, who said that he had actually walked to school with her, but didn't see her enter the building, and later the father said that the kid got the day mixed up.

That doesen't make any difference IMO, at all, I mean a grown up, a parent, make a meeting arrangement with a 10 year old girl who is a friend of his son, so they can walk together to school, and she doesn´t show up, why on earth didn't he call her and ask like; "are you on your way?" or somthing???
I find it very odd indeed.

I agree, his actions, especially after just talking to the girl on the phone, seemed suspicious. Not saying at all he has anything to do with this. Just odd he didn't atleast drive over to check on her. To call or anything. Especially when they appear to be close enough to have each others numbers and stuff. Just curious on why he just decided to drop his son off without even checking on her, that we know of.

What bothered me was the sentence where they said they thought she was alive when this was happening

I 'hope to hell' the blogger doesn't know what they are talking about. My brain doesn't even want to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member