CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure which 'Victorious' backpack Jessica had; there seems to be several versions but they all seem to be the same size: 16.4 x 11.8 x 1.9 inches

That is from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Nickelodeon Victorious Backpack: Toys & Games

That would be barely large enough to fit my 15 inch screen laptop into with a little extra room for the power brick.
That is pretty small. The one I saw was a little thicker, 5" from front to back.

Where did you see that it was a Victorious backpack?

I was watching the lost footage of the real housewives of New Jersey and the guy they call juicy joe was wearing a cross just like the one found around Jessica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa's husband? :what:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Wishbone, it sure is odd IMO. If semi-fabricated news reports are coming out at the same time as LE updates, there has to be a reason.

I get the feeling that LE is behind it and I'm trying to figure out the motivation. Are they just throwing things against wall to see if something sticks and forces the monster's hand? But force him to do what?

I'm not sure which 'Victorious' backpack Jessica had; there seems to be several versions but they all seem to be the same size: 16.4 x 11.8 x 1.9 inches

That is from Amazon:

That would be barely large enough to fit my 15 inch screen laptop into with a little extra room for the power brick.

There is a photo on the Westminster PD Facebook page which shows Jessica carrying a backpack. I don't know if this is the same backpack she had with her when she was abducted though?

Westminster PD's Photos
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6864304.-2207520000.1350892490&type=1&theater

That is from Amazon:

Just an FYI, the "dimensions" Amazon claims under their Product Details heading is rarely, if ever, the actual item size, but usually their shipping size.

And under Product Description, it's shown as 12 x 16 x 4. Best guess, not flattened down size. Somewhere in that general size, however, and yeah, you would have to pack incredibly well to fit all that clothing in there...boots and puffy jacket being the kickers.

I learned a long time ago to question anything Amazon calls measurements.

I get the feeling that LE is behind it and I'm trying to figure out the motivation. Are they just throwing things against wall to see if something sticks and forces the monster's hand? But force him to do what?
Be scared, act weird, maybe.

for all the talk about the cross not one person seems to have mentioned what sort of person you wouldn't be surprised to see wearing or holding a cross and who a child might trust. A pastor or priest would seem safe to a child wouldn't they?

Could be, particularly to a girl who went to a Christian church. Could also be a part of a disguise.

I dunno, though. I think I'm too out of touch with the 10 year old set to tell. It seems to me that, just like in the 70s, there are a lot of people wearing crosses who have no particular religious affiliation or belief. For instance, when I watch music videos online, a lot of performers wear big, ostentatious crosses with no detectable religious idea. So would seeing a cross as a necklace, say, actually be significant to a modern 10 year old?

I agree with the posters who said that the hole drilled in the top did not have wear marks. That makes me wonder if the cross was a gift to the perp from someone else. Something he had around as a memento but not something he wore or carried regularly.

There is a photo on the Westminster PD Facebook page which shows Jessica carrying a backpack. I don't know if this is the same backpack she had with her when she was abducted though?

Westminster PD's Photos
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6864304.-2207520000.1350892490&type=1&theater
Yeah, I could fit everything in there with room left over.

However, ASSUMING that her clothing was found in her backpack, her jacket and/or boots might not have been in there. Possibly just her clothes or clothes and boots, no jacket.

That is pretty small. The one I saw was a little thicker, 5" from front to back.

Where did you see that it was a Victorious backpack?

I didn't look it up but recalled the name from media descriptions of the backpack. I wasn't familiar with it, so I googled.

Westminster PD's Photos

Just eyeballing it, it looks the same size as the one on Amazon.

It's possible that her boots, her puffy coat, her pants, her top and her underwear were all in the pack but it would have been crammed to bursting.

I believe the point is that they never asked the public to let them know where it was purchased, what kind of wood it was, or anything of that nature. They wanted to know if ANYONE HAD SEEN A PERSON WEARING THIS CROSS. Please correct me if I am wrong. tia

edited to say I agree with you. lol

You are wrong! :)

They do want to know where it was purchased. And they want to know if the markings are ones folks have seen someone using anywhere else, not just on that cross.

I think it's just poor writing. Picture 10 does say she was found on October 10th. I think he might have been saying that picture of the open space was taken on the 19th. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong - and probably not the last.

Yes poor writing as noted and reader is alerted when he gets to page 10.
Still, don't reporters get a paycheck? It's bad enough to state facts wrong here on WS, but it's really bad when MSM is so careless about what they publish. It's very easy imo to misinterpret what he writes under the photo on page 9.

Anyway, I did my best to straighten out the mess I made tonight. Can't believe I'm still up but wouldn't be able to sleep until I did.

Nite or should I say good morning? LOL. :truce: everybody.

Maybe they want the perp to get upset and tell someone, "No, no. They got that wrong!" It might annoy him enough that he'll call the police station or a news station to set the record straight.

Or, maybe they want to confuse the perp as to what evidence they really have. Or even want him to think that LE is confused, hoping he'll let down his guard.

I think LE is looking for any kind of response from the perp (including the ones above).

You are wrong! :)

They do want to know where it was purchased. And they want to know if the markings are ones folks have seen someone using anywhere else, not just on that cross.

BBM

Yes, they are looking for where this might have been purchased. From third paragraph of Westminster PD Media Release (link below) -- "Police are also looking for a local business that may sell these specific crosses."

http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/Saf...eway-police-release-photographs-of-cross.aspx

My niece's 12 year old has been training dogs for a few years now (started as an 'apprentice' but has done a few on his own now that have taken several ribbons). He loves it, and I think it's been great experience for him as far as learning patience, persistence, taking pride in his work, being in front of a group/crowd without freezing up (which I still have trouble with at times), a true love of animals and probably a lot more that I'm missing. I can't think of a better interest for a kid or an adult.

That's wonderful.

I don't remember any articles that told what Jessica had in her backpack when she left the house. I wonder if Sara has been asked this. I would guess Jessica was carrying books, a spiral notebook, maybe some folders, a pen and pencil case, and a lunch bag inside the backpack. If Jessica's killer placed all of her clothes in the bag, he would have to remove the other items. Shouldn't LE want to know what these items are and ask the public to be on the lookout for them?

IMO LE said something...maybe something wrong...to get a reaction of some sort from the perp. Now what would LE do to upset a perp that they don't actually know the identity of?

If LE knows that the perp didn't remove any items from the backpack, then I think we can be assured that Jessica's coat and boots weren't found in the backpack. I think it must've been a thick coat, too. I remember Jessica's mother saying that she put on her coats (plural). There was a discussion on an earlier thread about whether it was a double coat.

Revisiting the "where was Jessica walking to to meet her friend?" topic-this early video report says she was walking to a nearby friend's house (around the 1:25 mark) and has an interview with the friend's mom.

[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/?action=view&current=100612Investigators-searchforJessicaRidgeway001.mp4"]Jessica Ridgeway -CO- :: 10/6/12 Investigators visit Jessicas home and searchers continue to look for items that may be Jessicas. video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid296.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/100612Investigators-searchforJessicaRidgeway001.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid296@@AMEPARAM@@296@@AMEPARAM@@mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/100612Investigators-searchforJessicaRidgeway001@@AMEPARAM@@mp4[/ame]

Ok, based on all the research I have done, I think the man responsible for this may be German Medina. I will provide the evidence that leads me to believe this.

1.) October 26, 2011 http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/crime/8430269-418/aurora-school-on-alert-after-attempted-abduction.html
The suspect, whose approximate age is unknown, is described as Hispanic, around 5-foot-10 with a thin build, medium complexion, mustache and goatee.

2.)May 28, 2012 http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9999-westminster-police-ketner-lake-attempted-abductions-may-be-linked-to-jessica-ridgeway.html
Used rag with chemicals
Light skinned male
• 18 – 30’s (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
• Brown hair
• Medium build
• 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

3.) Sep. 14 2012 at 5:54 AM http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/09/german_medina_murder_bertha_garcia.php

This man is being charged with the murder of his girlfriend and has since been missing. Her body has been found. I'm not sure the exact date but it was early September. In this link above, look at this man's picture and how closely it matches #1. Also, the Ketner lake incident was described as possible hispanic male. 1900 block of Paris Street. Quote from neighbor..
"He always carried a long knife on him," the neighbor told the station. "He always kind of gave me a weird vibe. When I found out what happened, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up."
She also recalled an incident from a few months back, in which Medina reportedly walked past her only to return and invade her personal space -- something he repeated three times, until she called her fiance outside.

4.) Oct. 16, 2012 http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/womans-attempted-kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora
The attempted bar abduction on video. The driver, described as a white, possibly Hispanic, clean-cut male, 22 to 30 years of age. The second man is described as white, possibly Hispanic, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 9 inches tall, 22 to 30 years of age, clean shaven, with short hair.

5.) Oct. 22 http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/aurora-police-search-for-missing-girl
12 year old girl was inside house. Grandmother was outside. She came inside and the girl was missing. (5 minutes away from German medina's deceased girlfriends house) I don't know medina's former address and am still looking in to this.

There is currently a nationwide manhunt for this man. He lived with his two brothers in an apartment. There was more than one individual at the attempted bar abduction incident. I don't know if his brothers have disappeared too. If you look at the description of #1 and this man's picture it is strikingly similar. Everything, the mustache, goatee, height, nationality. Of course this could all be coincidence but this seems very odd to me. Can anyone link this man to any other descriptions in recent abduction attempts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike