CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
i.e. I am part Cherokee but if you saw me running through a park you would describe me as a white or light skinned female with blonde hair.
We are too- blond and when we are tan- we are darker than most of the bi-racial here in town

I was taught always have a password that the person is supposed to say.

If someone drives up and says Mom said she can't make it and to just pick you up that person is to know the password in order for you to trust them.

Have you ever watched the show, "Cold Case Files"? There was a young girl who just disappeared one day. Her parents insisted that she wouldn't get into the car with just anybody. They had given her the code word, "Unicorn". It wasn't till another girl disappeared years later, that they arrested a suspect. To avoid the death penalty, he told investigators that he had abducted the first girl too. It turns out that he was a co-worker of the girl's father and the father had mentioned to him that he had given the daughter a code word and then told the co-worker what the code word was!:banghead: So, the co-worker then pulled up to the girl, said the parents wanted him to pick her up and then gave the code word. That's how he was able to abduct her.

I'm calling BS on the Faux News story. If they had a receipt with that many items on it, that's a rather substantial shopping trip. He bought a lot of other things- I mean, if he's single, that's a good weeks worth of stuff. So he's buying a roast for Sunday when Gram comes to dinner, apples because they're on sale, and oh, yeah, trash bags for that dismemberment someday. Oh, and toilet paper. Also, why not just check the value card number? Hello? I mean, that has all your info on it. If I forget mine in the car, the clerk or other shoppers always ante up one for me to "borrow". That place is near a dump where they have to hire people to pick up blowing trash, in an area that has notoriously high winds, and LE is so sure it's connected they have actual security guards checking the videos? I LOLed right there. The only shocking thing here is Fox news getting it 40% right-that's unusually high for them.

I'm not sure about the whole report -- skepticism is probably warranted at this point, but bbm: If it's the perp's receipt, he could have been purchasing cleaning products...hate the thought -- but those can be pretty pricey and add up quick, especially in quantity. (Then, too, maybe it is not the perp's receipt at all -- and IS just someone's grocery shopping.)

for all the talk about the cross not one person seems to have mentioned what sort of person you wouldn't be surprised to see wearing or holding a cross and who a child might trust. A pastor or priest would seem safe to a child wouldn't they?

Seems weird they'd selectively withhold the date from the cashier, if they're trying to prod loose a memory of the customer ... :waitasec:

I can't think of any good reason for it. Maybe the receipt was longer than the paper they printed it on and it cut the date off?

I hope so!

If this is linked with Jessica, though, that says to me that the perp has made a big jump in boldness.

I am hoping, hoping, hoping like mad that this is just a mistake.

Talk about little to go on... no name or anything! I can't find this reported from any other local media. I hope it is a mistake!

If it was a regular size backpack, I pack more than that in mine when I travel. And those are full size clothes. I am not sure what size the backpack was.

I'm not sure which 'Victorious' backpack Jessica had; there seems to be several versions but they all seem to be the same size: 16.4 x 11.8 x 1.9 inches

That is from Amazon:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nickelodeon-Victorious-Backpack/dp/B007QUV0DS"]Amazon.com: Nickelodeon Victorious Backpack: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JN5XA7EeL.@@AMEPARAM@@51JN5XA7EeL[/ame]

That would be barely large enough to fit my 15 inch screen laptop into with a little extra room for the power brick.

That remark was my feeble attempt at humor trying to lighten things up around here.......

Ooooooops.

Drat, I knew I dropped something around here. Where is it. OMG, did one of the CATS get it? I'm dooooomed.

I sorry.

I'm not sure which 'Victorious' backpack Jessica had; there seems to be several versions but they all seem to be the same size: 16.4 x 11.8 x 1.9 inches

That is from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Nickelodeon Victorious Backpack: Toys & Games

That would be barely large enough to fit my 15 inch screen laptop into with a little extra room for the power brick.

On Westminster PD facebook, they have a picture (under photos) of JR with her backpack on.

And ESPECIALLY if you have a child who adores school. Being late for school makes my 9 year old anxious because she doesn't want to miss anything and she is a rule follower. My DD also hates being rude and would hate to offend someone by saying that she doesn't remember someone and doesn't want to get in their car.

She sounds like an absolute gem of a child!

And... from everything I've read about Jessica from the people who knew her, very like Jessica.

If extra hugs are in order, please pass one along from me.

And for you, my sincerest wish for peace and wisdom through this scary time.

Was that running with the
dog before or after the blunt? :great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: sorry, couldn't resist!

LOLOLOL!

After. When I left the years I could convincingly claim as being youth, I needed a new hobby.

It turns out that dog showing is remarkably like getting high (everything is slightly warped, weird things are said that only insiders laugh at, people eat amazing amounts of disgusting food, etc).

The mockumentary Best in Show pegged it exactly. What is scary is that there was very little exaggeration involved.

It seems strange to me that all of these new theories just hit out of nowhere all at once. Threre's got to be a reason for that.

I loved Best in Show. And honestly when my kids were young they loved watching the Westminster Dog Show! I admire you for showing your dog!

LOLOLOL!

After. When I left the years I could convincingly claim as being youth, I needed a new hobby.

It turns out that dog showing is remarkably like getting high (everything is slightly warped, weird things are said that only insiders laugh at, people eat amazing amounts of disgusting food, etc).

The mockumentary Best in Show pegged it exactly. What is scary is that there was very little exaggeration involved.

My niece's 12 year old has been training dogs for a few years now (started as an 'apprentice' but has done a few on his own now that have taken several ribbons). He loves it, and I think it's been great experience for him as far as learning patience, persistence, taking pride in his work, being in front of a group/crowd without freezing up (which I still have trouble with at times), a true love of animals and probably a lot more that I'm missing. I can't think of a better interest for a kid or an adult.

It seems strange to me that all of these new theories just hit out of nowhere all at once. Threre's got to be a reason for that.

Wishbone, it sure is odd IMO. If semi-fabricated news reports are coming out at the same time as LE updates, there has to be a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther