CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is by what miracle of folding or stuffing did he manage to fit a pair of boots (with pompoms--that detail just hurt me to read), a puffy winter coat, pants, top and underwear into what looked like a relatively small, kid sized backpack.

Or is this amongst the 60% that the PIO said was wrong?

What they got right was that there were no socks in the backpack.

The link is in my post WBG. Unless you are replying to another poster and used my post by mistake.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/20/photos-she-walked-out-the-door-and-she-was-gone/#name here

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/20/photos-she-walked-out-the-door-and-she-was-gone/#9

Herein is a problem. The same reporter, RJ Sangosti, who claims Jessica was to walk to her friend's house on the morning of October 5, claims that on Friday, October 19, her body was found (see link above).

Jessica's remains were found on Wednesday, October 10. Friday's date would be October 12. The reporter prints that she was found on Friday, October 19, nine days beyond the factual date.

Do I have this wrong too? Somebody proofread my facts please.

adding ~ on the next page (ten) the reporter refers to October 10 as the day the black bag is discovered. Very confusing as page nine infers a date of October 19.

I was taught always have a password that the person is supposed to say.

If someone drives up and says Mom said she can't make it and to just pick you up that person is to know the password in order for you to trust them.

And if she was waiting all alone at the park she could be very vulnerable. She was probably getting anxious because he was not there and she didnt want to be late...some one lurking could have noticed and took advantage of her predicament..." Don't worry, if your friend is too late I will drop you off..."

The thought breaks my heart all over again ...

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/20/photos-she-walked-out-the-door-and-she-was-gone/#9

Herein is a problem. The same reporter, RJ Sangosti, who claims Jessica was to walk to her friend's house on the morning of October 5, claims that on Friday, October 19, her body was found (see link above).

Jessica's remains were found on Wednesday, October 10. Friday's date would be October 12. The reporter prints that she was found on Friday, October 19, nine days beyond the factual date.

Typo? He had to know that she wasn't found Friday...he probably wrote the story on Friday and messed up the date.

See post 768 for what PD said. Or was there another announcement?
From the link:
"Materasso said there is no indication yet whether the hair are connected to the case. "We don't even know if this is dog hair yet," he said."

Read more: Police get tuft of hair from park near where Jessica Ridgeway found - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-tuft-hair-from-park-near-where#ixzz2A0YLXk1Y
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Please note, LE did NOT argue that this was not Jessica's hair, only that it could be from something else. And they did not specify ANYTHING else as being in question or false, just that ""60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."

Since that part of the Denverpost article was updated at 10:24:34, while the Fox information was updated at 11:05, How could LE refute what had not yet been written on FOX?

Post 768 -Interesting that denverpost corrected what fox31 tv station reported. They quote LE in their correction.

A Denver TV station reported Sunday night that investigators in the Jessica Ridgeway abduction and murder had received new evidence.

Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was there something else said by PD that says only the hair/fur is in dispute?

No I guess not-I think there was a tweet and then LE came out right after that, so I thought that was what they were responding to. In fact, Le did respond only about the hair.

adding ~ on the next page (ten) the reporter refers to October 10 as the day the black bag is discovered. Very confusing as page nine infers a date of October 19.

On the afternoon of Oct. 10, maintenance workers were out picking up trash — a routine exercise in a park neighboring a landfill.

Earlier that day, police announced they had ruled out Jessica's parents as suspects and believed an unknown person abducted her.

At about 2 p.m., workers came across a plastic garbage bag in plain view near a culvert on the side of the road, said Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan. The bag was heavy and "seemed kind of strange," she said.

Read more: Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...way-what-happened-colorado-girl#ixzz2A0b5K9MQ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I've never heard of a receipt without a date on it, unless it was illegible.

I agree -- no date would be unusual! Depending on where the receipt was found, sunlight/exposure sure might have taken its toll on the date portion.

What I want to know is by what miracle of folding or stuffing did he manage to fit a pair of boots (with pompoms--that detail just hurt me to read), a puffy winter coat, pants, top and underwear into what looked like a relatively small, kid sized backpack.

Or is this amongst the 60% that the PIO said was wrong?
If it was a regular size backpack, I pack more than that in mine when I travel. And those are full size clothes. I am not sure what size the backpack was.

I KNOW THE PLACE!!!! The dancing girls are so...um, wait...

My friend, a quiet word of advice.

<looking both directions>

Quark's dabo tables are, uh, kinda odd. And he seems to have some special understanding with the station head of security. Which may or may not explain the oddity of Quark's dabo tables. I suggest enjoying the <cough> scenary, the drinks aren't half bad but I don't believe there are any games of chance being conducted in that bar.

I think it's just poor writing. Picture 10 does say she was found on October 10th. I think he might have been saying that picture of the open space was taken on the 19th. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong - and probably not the last.

Reminds me of Juan Corona, an Hispanic serial killer in California during the 1960s. He was identified because two of the graves of his murdered victims (out of 25) contained receipts with Corona's name on them. I remember my Mom telling me as a teen-ager that "murderers always leave something behind."

If the report is true, the receipt left behind is tremendous evidence in Jessica's case. What a despicable monster -- the sooner he is locked up, the better. Now I understand why he left her backpack out in the open -- it contained her clothes. What a sicko.

I agree -- no date would be unusual! Depending on where the receipt was found, sunlight/exposure sure might have taken its toll on the date portion.

It couldn't have been there more than a week. And if they could read the items, why not the date, unless it was only a partial receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onapick