CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is why would they leave her?

Id risk being a few mins late to go find the child i was supposed to meet and take to school....

This makes no sense to me!

Had they left her before?
Was this the first time?
what did he say to ther that morning when she called. We will never know!

That part I don't know either.

Guess dad had to get son to school and get to work. I really have no idea. I'm sure LE has asked.

I've been thinking the park since the first day. However, if there is an alley or something in between houses and it is known everyone is at work or school, it would be easy to get her in a car without anyone noticing, if using candy there would be no struggle and anyone that saw would just think it was a child getting a ride from a neighbor. Especially if the car was a usually seen car in the neighborhood.

I don't see any alleys when I look at the satellite view of the map. There is, however, what appears to be a long foot path leading behind a row of houses on both sides and into Chelsea Park.

I keep thinking about the photos Zola had up originally, showing a spot she may have been abducted at the park, because it was hidden from view (blocked by a fence, with no overlooking windows).

But I was really just wondering about the difference in MO between attempted abduction in a secluded park setting versus on a neighborhood street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have done as much as I can to educate my kids about stranger abductions and how to remaine safe, but after seeing the video of the attempted abduction of the woman and the Hidden camera one with the little girl, I am actually more nervous than ever.

If you missed it from the last thread:

STRANGER DANGER - CHILD ABDUCTIONS : Would Anyone Help Your Child When Being Abducted? - YouTube

It made me cry. Please watch it. What do you think a small, weak or elderly person could do to intervene? I've read enough accounts here to see that just getting a description, picture or license number may help to track someone down, but it would likely be too late for the person being abducted to be saved. It is awful.

That has tears in my eyes I can't imagine just walking by I can see if she was just yelling possibly but to actually say you're not my dad. :banghead:

Just heard on good morning America, and this may already be listed.. That there is some type of link between the attempted kidnapping of a jogger in May and Jessica.

I don't think it is because the backpack was found in Superior, not in Jessica's neighborhood.

I wonder how close that fenced sidewalk is to Jessica's home. Would anyone know where it actually is??. Maybe it's just a random photo but I wonder why denverpost chose to include it...

I straight away thought of the photo on denverpost report "A fenced sidewalk near Witt Elementary where Jessica Ridgeway went to school"....is this the same walkway you mention??

20121021__CD21RIDGEWAYRJ2_6787p1.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21820092#ixzz2ADIfugwi

No, because the Rock Creek neighborhood (where her bag was found) is not near there. But this could be the walkway behind the rows of houses that leads to Chelsea Park. I honestly don't know.

But the walkway I was referring to is an opening between two house lots that leads into the Andrews Court. (It is my understanding that the bag was found where Andrews Court intersects with Alpha.) I can imagine someone coming from the open space in the dark of night, across the road on foot, walking into the culdesac from behind and walking to the spot where the bag was left, without making enough noise to arouse the residents.

Just speculating.

I wonder how close that fenced sidewalk is to Jessica's home. Would anyone know where it actually is??. Maybe it's just a random photo but I wonder why denverpost chose to include it...

When that picture was originally posted, I saw that it said something like, "See more pictures of Jessica's route to school," but I couldn't find where those photos were. Does anyone else remember that?

So is it like this all around the lake now? The image on google earth is a year or so old, I believe.

One of the locals may be able to answer that: I was stunned when I saw this: paper cut x 1000... and worse to get lost in than a cornfield, among other chilling thoughts.

imo

Just a theory.. If the two are connected.. I wonder what other similar cases if any happened between may and October in other areas... Or was this person not in society during that time.

new thread: this one will close in about five minutes
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188873"]Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just a theory.. If the two are connected.. I wonder what other similar cases if any happened between may and October in other areas... Or was this person not in society during that time.

Browse through this thread from the beginning and you will find a lot of good information that address that very question. There are so many scary things going on in is world and in this particular area that you just wish they could all be attributed to the same perp!

just put Smooth's compilation of cases at the top of the new thread

(Hi Raine!!!!!)

Bad source so deleted the message. A description is being given of the suspect, seen on GMA this morning. Headed for work soon, trying to find a better link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther